Kiramager Episode 37 released

MagiRanger Deux
Forum rules

Kiramager Wiki Link

< Ryusoul | Mashin Sentai Kiramager | Zenkai >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:56 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
57%
☆☆☆☆
24%
☆☆☆
19%
☆☆
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 21
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Re: Kiramager Episode 37 released

Post by Dengar »

By the way, I hard disagree that number 5 was her "worst part". Her other parts are pretty bad as well in isolation.
Farr
7X
Favorite series: Blade / Deka
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim~W / Shinken
Dreamy: Umeko / Hana
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Farr »

Go-On Macaroni wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:15 pm Yeah, I have to agree with Virge's interpretation of the event with Sena 5gou; she was definitely trying to commit to that ideation in the beach scene.

While Sena did claim that she wanted to work as a waitress, that was before she got split up and her optimism and pessimism were working in tandem with each other. Any negative thoughts or concerns she might have had were thought over and/or pushed aside for positive or more constructive ones. It's the same "shikata ga nai" functionality that keeps one going from day to day. "What, you flubbed a scratch ticket? Ah well, the next one will surely be a winner!", "A concert got rained out? That's a shame... I'll listen to the band's music when I get home instead! Yay!" and so on.

However, once she got split, there was nothing to talk that side of her out of her thoughts, her anxiety, trying to scare her and convince her that nobody truly wanted her around and so to her, it was either hang around in that hell or just end it all. She didn't see any other options! She didn't have the emotional backing anymore that maybe the others were just being overzealous in liking happy, genki Sena more as much as she took them completely on face value. As Virge mentioned, if 5gou was simply going to leave for a job, she wouldn't have freaked out as she did; wouldn't have questioned why Sayo showed up at the beach. After all, Sayo clearly didn't want her around, that's what her thoughts told her! They must be accurate, right?!

Tl;dr: I thought it was a respectful take on such a situation and one more reason I'm going to miss this show when it ends.
Yeah I pretty much agree, in my Opinion the Bag gets Way to much credit for just being the "Sena took off"-Prob, and of course she put on other clothes when leaving the Base, we're just to used to the Uniforms, that every other Clothes looks fancy :lol:
(Funny enough that everything gets the 5 slapped on, where was Kurantula hiding his Number(s)?)

So she went to the Beach based on the backup Plan Flag, but as mentioned since she hadn't the other Sena's around, she went trough the negative thought Spiral of "what if that doesn't work either, if i'm not good enough, nobody wants me anyways" (srsly what was that of all People Hakama saying something so insensitiv, that if she's gone they theoretically have the strongest Sena ever, for being set-up as the highly thoughtful Supporter in the KirameiArrow Upgrade Episode, that was way off), and pulling of the Hairband, which she always wears, is basically the opposite of the BowTie of Drive's 'getting into gear', thus letting go of your Drive.

I mean she does turn about 90° after pulling off the Hairband, so we can't say 100% that she wanted to off herself (yet), but that would be something only the writers could clarify, but the implications are very present, and since suicidal thoughts are a very underlying hum of negative thoughts, but the resolution to follow through upon them is a very situational Spark, (another reason why Suicides Notes are relativly rare with approx 30%, and a decent Amount of those are because they want to confess upon a Crime or similiar Topic that guilt pressured them down to that Point), i'm pretty sure it was meant to look that way.

But as already mentioned the Scene(s) were pretty tasteful constructed and well executed, with the slight 'turn' so it's up for debatte, but clearly in the viewers Heads, which is mor ethan enough for a Kids show.

On another Note even though they could have strechted it a bit more and make Yodom Unchained another Episode, I think depending on where Yodoms Plot goes from here it's a somewhat synergetic Construct, because Yodona is just a Part of Yodom, but unlike Sena who could turn back and become whole, it's a luxury not given to Yodona, she's a Tool, that will be discarded/killed after she's not useful anymore, but also like Sena Ichitogo she has her own personallity and drive. Which could've made for a good Arc in and on itself if she was Introduced sooner.

So a pretty surprising Episode for this sparkly feel good Sentai. 5/5
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Wow you're almost caught up!
vasyear
7X
Quote: don't piss on my leg and tell me its raining

Post by vasyear »

CheetahLynx wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:22 am
vasyear wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 3:41 am HOLY SHIT this got DARK!
If Sayo wasn't there Sena 5 would've committed suicide, this is another reaction to COVID clearly and mad respect for TOEI for putting that subject matter in a kids show,
incredible work by both actresses, the desperation in their eyes, taking of the hair tie (whatever you call them) THAT'S when you knew she WAS going to happen she was going into the sea and nothing could stop her, the hair tie is a big part of Sayo cause it relates to her runner background taking it of was 5's way of saying "I am no longer Sayo" "I’m nothing" I hope this brings Sayo and Sena together and make them better friends
She had a bag though. Do people commit suicide with luggage in hand? Genuine question. And if she was actually going to kill herself, why would she run away from Sayo along the sea instead of into it?
I don't think at the start she was intending on it but when she saw the water I think she got the idea to do it

Return to “Mashin Sentai Kiramager”