Zenkaiger 06 released

Covid Sentai Singleranger
Forum rules

Zenkaiger Wiki Link

< Kiramei | Kikai Sentai Zenkaiger | DonBro >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:45 am

☆☆☆☆☆
42%
☆☆☆☆
37%
☆☆☆
5%
☆☆
16%
No votes

Total votes: 19
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Zenkaiger 06 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Last Zenkaiger's rating: 4 of 5 (18 votes)

Alt Title: This episode is not garbage

A Vroom/Magine focus episode. The conflict between their personalities is what made this work

Who's that mysterious guy?

Notes:
-What's with the camera work at the beginning? That fly sound effect is pretty good
-LOL, what was that jumping in the pile of garbage effect? So cheap
Aeikozz
Faiz
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Smart Brain Lady
Favorite Band: Bennie K
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Re: Zenkaiger 06 released

Post by Aeikozz »

I feel like i'm not the only one that has been calling zenkaiger complete and utter trash. So they were like okay we're let's run with it.

kudos for them taking a joke, but it still doesn't change the fact that it's still trash.

this episode so fucking cringy, like i'm trying to figure out which was worst. this episode or the episode of power rangers turbo where tj gets cooked into a pizza.

oh it's so bad. it's soo bad that it makes remarkable. Like. siiiiiiighh

next up Di-end. -_-;;;; at least he's a human actor.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Random trivia time!

The Japanese garbage system is INCREDIBLY complex due to the lack of land available for landfills. A massive chunk of the garbage is burned at special facilities (like the facility that served as the location for Prime Minister's office in Build!), while recyclables are sorted into paper, plastic, bottles, cans, and glass. The system is one of the things a lot of foreigners struggle with when they first come to Japan because it's sometimes not obvious what item is what sort of garbage.

Tokyo/Osaka/Kyoto/other large cities tend to be fairly easy to deal with (Tokyo area doesn't require sorting your plastic from normal combustible garbage), but the further away from the cities you get, the harder it is to put things in landfills, so sometimes it can get tricky. One city in Fukushima has 51 different categories garbage needs to be sorted into. Oversized garbage that doesn't fit into a trash bag you need to call the city, arrange a pickup, and pay an extra fee (usually only a few hundred yen). This is why a lot of rivers/lakes in Japan tend to have ridiculous stuff like microwaves/refrigerators/bikes thrown away in them, cause people don't want to deal with the hassle.

Here's an example from Nagoya, which is fairly reasonable/standard

Here's the city with 51 types of garbage (no English but you get the point):
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

/me squints

That says 34 doesn't it?

Edit: I recorded this translation because I thought it might help my timer to see how I used his pretime, but I'll leave it here in case people want to see how a script gets translated. Keep in mind, this was around 2 AM at night, so I was feeling kind of tired at that point, since I already worked on translating Saber by that point
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stjCL3z ... pz&index=7
Kurow
Mega
Favorite series: Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Rina Akiyama (Agito)
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: girls
Quote: Ore Sanjou!
Type: ENFP Champion

Post by Kurow »

I don't really cared about the episode but Ul and Phillipu fusion as a possible ally was cool here. A half human half robot character. Interesting.
Final Vent!
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

did anyone else notice that the footage post-mech fight was flipped and the halves of the Zenkai-Ohs were on the wrong sides?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Connie_Edogawa wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:12 pm did anyone else notice that the footage post-mech fight was flipped and the halves of the Zenkai-Ohs were on the wrong sides?
I totally didn't. LOL how'd that happen
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

I know I've been kind of ragging on the series for a while now. But that episode was hard to watch; Zenkaiger is testing my limits for Sentai absurdities. We've had trash monsters before, but getting stuck in trash bags is really turning things up to 11. Thankfully, next week looks like it's going to kick off something more meaty?

Meanwhile, I feel kind of sorry for the set decorators on this one. That's a lot of prop rubbish to have to create and set out, and then actually clean up afterwards.:lol: And the mecha fight had a similar level of decoration. I'm not sure it was a particularly good fight, but someone went above and beyond with the models and other props there.
takenoko wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:28 pm
Connie_Edogawa wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:12 pm did anyone else notice that the footage post-mech fight was flipped and the halves of the Zenkai-Ohs were on the wrong sides?
I totally didn't. LOL how'd that happen
That's definitely an oddity. It's not unheard of for film editors to flip scenes on a selective basis (left and right have certain subtle meanings; the heroes are always on the right when firing their finisher, for example). But there are obvious symmetry issues that have to be taken into account. It's a wild-assed guess, but as they obviously didn't accidentally film that scene flipped, I have to presume that the film editor wanted the robos' positions swapped, and figured that it was an error few people would notice.
Lunagel wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:12 am Random trivia time!

The Japanese garbage system is INCREDIBLY complex due to the lack of land available for landfills. A massive chunk of the garbage is burned at special facilities (like the facility that served as the location for Prime Minister's office in Build!), while recyclables are sorted into paper, plastic, bottles, cans, and glass. The system is one of the things a lot of foreigners struggle with when they first come to Japan because it's sometimes not obvious what item is what sort of garbage.

Tokyo/Osaka/Kyoto/other large cities tend to be fairly easy to deal with (Tokyo area doesn't require sorting your plastic from normal combustible garbage), but the further away from the cities you get, the harder it is to put things in landfills, so sometimes it can get tricky. One city in Fukushima has 51 different categories garbage needs to be sorted into. Oversized garbage that doesn't fit into a trash bag you need to call the city, arrange a pickup, and pay an extra fee (usually only a few hundred yen). This is why a lot of rivers/lakes in Japan tend to have ridiculous stuff like microwaves/refrigerators/bikes thrown away in them, cause people don't want to deal with the hassle.
Thanks Luna! That's not only interesting, but it adds some helpful context to the episode.:)
Greenstalker
Mega

Post by Greenstalker »

No matter how i look at it i can't think that guy other than being Uhr.........I think it is time for new prescription for my glasses.
Mandalori
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Dreamy: Koyomi / Rian
Quote: Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Favorite Super Sentai : Goseiger / Kyoryuuger / ToQger / Kyuuranger
Favorite Kamen Rider : Wizard / Gaim / Ex-Aid / Build / Zero-One
Favorite Garo : Yami Wo Terasu Mono / Gold Storm Shou / Kami No Kiba

Post by Mandalori »

Nope, it's not just you. I do find them similar enough that they could have been mistaken without the two actors being side by side to spot the differences.
prowlfire
Adventure

Post by prowlfire »

Least favorite ep so far, but there was one cute little moment I loved: Magine doing part of the Magi ED dance just before the Go-Buster gear usage.
Ashki
Mega
Favorite series: no such thing
Dreamy: Mele
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Ashki »

I think this episode is a lot more enjoyable if you understand the Japanese trash system. It's something you kind of see everywhere but never actually think about. Thankfully, Luna came to the rescue with a great explanation. I'd actually suggest going back and rewatching if you didn't catch all the nuances prior to Luna's post.

One thing I do really like about this show is there's always some hidden threat to the more absurd villains. The mushrooms seemed silly, but actually had toxic spores. And the trash seems pointless, but Vroom points out that psychology has found being in a messy environment contributes to anxiety and depression.

Zenkaiger isn't the first parody series in the franchise, but they do a really good job of poking fun at all the tropes while also poking fun at itself. It kind of made me laugh that the first episode saw Kaito thrown into a pile of trash early in the ep and this time a pile of trash was thrown onto HIM early in the ep.

Something else that struck me while watching is that Magine is a good role model for kids. She's not very good at a lot of things, clumsy, and shy. This ep really emphasised her clumsiness and how messes often happen because of it. But in the end, she still found a way to help out and do her part. She's the least mature of the team, and I think that might be her strong point, because younger kids can relate to her easiest of all, with Gaon sort of being second most relatable (kids share his love of animals), while older viewers can relate to the other three more.

On a related note, I also like how Vroom had to stop the others from falling into common pitfalls of cleaning. Getting caught in nostalgia, fretting over something that might be damaged, or failing to sort your trash as you go are all things that can kill productivity. And Magine was overwhelmed instead of tackling things one piece at a time. A lot of little lessons crammed into the ep that give it some real value. As a parent, I really appreciate that.

Honestly, I think this episode held up pretty well, and I feel the weakest of the bunch was probably the ice episode due to the massive green screening and weak combat. But even that episode had plenty of good stuff in it. Maybe that's going to be the trend... People are going to hate on the Magine episodes the most because those will all probably use more effects and/or have more morals for small kids than the rest of the series.
Fave | Least Fave Series so far
KR: AgitΩ or Zero-One | Drive
SS: unsure | Maskman
UM: Nexus | Ultra Q
Sentai: Akiballion: Battlemaids of Akihabara | Buddha Man
Other Toku: possibly Shinigami no Ballad | probably Sci-Rop
msf232
Faiz
Dreamy: 민지여신
Favorite Band: Dreamcatcher
My boom: Nothing definite, changes from time to time
Type: ISTP Crafter

Post by msf232 »

We all know the CGI is bad, but the CGI in the mecha cockpit seemed really good to me for some reason- almost as if it was a real set

I noticed Magine's mecha being on the wrong side in that last mecha scene, but I thought I was seeing things
Finished:
Dairanger, Shinkenger, Kyoryuger–キングオージャー
Kuuga–Geats
Nexus, R/B
Ryukendo, Rescue Force
スパイダーマン
CH THE LIVE
Akibaranger, Akiba S痛
Wakusaver S2, Jyuukaizar
CPH GandD
Caitanya Vallabha
There are four lights!
There are four lights!
Quote: We're all stories in the end

Post by Caitanya Vallabha »

takenoko wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:29 am /me squints

That says 34 doesn't it?

Edit: I recorded this translation because I thought it might help my timer to see how I used his pretime, but I'll leave it here in case people want to see how a script gets translated. Keep in mind, this was around 2 AM at night, so I was feeling kind of tired at that point, since I already worked on translating Saber by that point
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stjCL3z ... pz&index=7
Man this is very interesting! I can't tell you hard enough how awsome you are, providing such great work for the fans! I'm from Brazil and i've been downloading from TV NIHON for a long time, thank you all very much for the subs
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Thanks! Doesn't Brazil have a big toku fandom down there? Always cool to hear from people from other countries

Return to “Sentai-Kikai Sentai Zenkaiger”