My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Saber 30 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Last Week's rating: 4.23 /5 stars (13 votes)

Sub Title: Calm the fuck down Rintarou

Enjoyed the music at the beginning

Tyylikas Oh Lumiwar?

Oh, Touma's completely healed already

Damn Rintarou, calm down

Oh! I wasn't expecting Ren to be hanging out with Desast, but I guess it makes sense?

This episode feels fillerish? No one from Southern Base shows up. It's like they wanted to do a story about Mei, Rintarou, and Touma, but the stakes feel kind of low? Also, what an awful way of reintroducing Rintarou as a hero. He's so unbelievably hard to watch in this episode, it really brought it down for me
Ashki
Mega
Favorite series: no such thing
Dreamy: Mele
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Re: KR Saber 30 released

Post by Ashki »

I really had to hover between a four and a five for this one, but I think it was worth slightly more than 4.5 in the end.

On the downside, Tooma's already walking around like nothing happened. I really hate shows that do that.
Also, it was rather annoying watching Rintaro constantly dripping envy and whining like a child. Seriously, are we sure he and Ren didn't body swap?

On the upside, I loved how the Meggido was constantly spouting crap at Rintaro, literally saying the opposite of everything Mei's been telling him. I think she's the first one to show an actual personality.
Also, having Rintaro apologise and act even more pathetic just so he could pin Zoos to the tree was a nice touch. That earned a few forgiveness points.

Sophie's discussion with Kento helped confirm a few things from previous episodes regarding his intentions and whether he really did rescue her. Meanwhile, they managed to get rid of the other Rangers while still giving them something believable to do. I wonder what Desast wanted to show Ren, though. Obviously, he has something up his nonexistent sleeve, but who will he try to use Ren against? I mean, he reminds me of a certain recurring MotW that was literally thrown in the trash, fell in love, and married a human. Desast was discarded and now has no real purpose beyond possibly redeeming himself in some very minor way and being allowed to join human society.

All that aside, I could have sworn Rintaro's had eclairs by now, since that was an early running gag, but in reality, we've never actually SEEN him eat one, so that was a pleasant callback/twist to an otherwise annoying scene.

As far as the absence of Southern Base this episode, I think we needed it so we could deal with the other (or is it other other at this point) villains. Obviously, Zoos will die next episode at Rintaro's hands, since this is the exact same way the last Meggido bit it. At that point, the last one will probably join Team Logos.

That just leaves one question... What about all of those people harms that stopped them from saving Mei in the first place? It seemed like it would be a major factor in the battle, only to be seemingly forgotten a few minutes later. That rather annoyed me because it was such an interesting way to screw with SwordRed and SwordBlue... and then the Meggido tripped on a plot hole.
Fave | Least Fave Series so far
KR: AgitΩ or Zero-One | Drive
SS: unsure | Maskman
UM: Nexus | Ultra Q
Sentai: Akiballion: Battlemaids of Akihabara | Buddha Man
Other Toku: possibly Shinigami no Ballad | probably Sci-Rop
Mighty Action X
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: "Fast means going slowly without interruptions."
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Mighty Action X »

Is it just me or these recent episodes are like watching the episodes of the american TV series "24"?

Because the previous episode was like an hour ago and then when they returned to the Northern Base, the new hour ticked and they have another problem. It has the same vibe as the show "24" where all 24 episodes happened in 24 hours.
Aeikozz
Faiz
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Smart Brain Lady
Favorite Band: Bennie K

Post by Aeikozz »

Did this really need to be a two parter? It feels like they're trying to get rintaro a power up or something he just can't get it up.

Sabela where are you my dear. sigh...
Mighty Action X
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate

Aeikozz wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:35 pm Did this really need to be a two parter? It feels like they're trying to get rintaro a power up or something he just can't get it up.

This episode happened barely an hour after their escape from the Southern Base. Like I said, these episodes recently are like watching "24" and Touma is Jack Bauer.
TheNinjaDragon
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by TheNinjaDragon »

Mighty Action X wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:53 pm
Aeikozz wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:35 pm Did this really need to be a two parter? It feels like they're trying to get rintaro a power up or something he just can't get it up.

This episode happened barely an hour after their escape from the Southern Base. Like I said, these episodes recently are like watching "24" and Touma is Jack Bauer.
To be honest, a 24-hour event premise would've made for a great story for Zi-O (and the GIF in your signature certainly helps with my train of thought), but that's for an appropriate topic.
Mighty Action X
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate

Not Saber related but you guys just posted about direct downloads but I see no link on the blog.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral

Post by takenoko »

It's there, the thing that says Thread: viewforum.php?f=151
msf232
Faiz
Dreamy: 민지여신
Favorite Band: Dreamcatcher
My boom: Nothing definite, changes from time to time
Type: ISTP Crafter

Post by msf232 »

I was wondering if it was a male who voiced the Megid, but according to the wiki Romi Park voiced her. Nice

On a different note, are you guys not going to do the special with the previous masters or something? Or is that not out yet?
Finished:
Dairanger, Shinkenger, Kyoryuger–キングオージャー
Kuuga–Geats
Nexus, R/B
Ryukendo, Rescue Force
スパイダーマン
CH THE LIVE
Akibaranger, Akiba S痛
Wakusaver S2, Jyuukaizar
CPH GandD
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Oh, I didn't add that, nice to see Romi Park back doing things lol. She does have that deep husky voice

What special? I know I have some anime to do but I don't remember something with the masters?
msf232
Faiz
Dreamy: 민지여신
Favorite Band: Dreamcatcher
My boom: Nothing definite, changes from time to time
Type: ISTP Crafter

Post by msf232 »

takenoko wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:48 am What special? I know I have some anime to do but I don't remember something with the masters?
I think I saw some pictures of a spin-off featuring the old Sword of Logos members. The announcement came right after the ZenkaiRed special announcement, if I'm not wrong
Finished:
Dairanger, Shinkenger, Kyoryuger–キングオージャー
Kuuga–Geats
Nexus, R/B
Ryukendo, Rescue Force
スパイダーマン
CH THE LIVE
Akibaranger, Akiba S痛
Wakusaver S2, Jyuukaizar
CPH GandD
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

msf232 wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:03 pm
takenoko wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:48 am What special? I know I have some anime to do but I don't remember something with the masters?
I think I saw some pictures of a spin-off featuring the old Sword of Logos members. The announcement came right after the ZenkaiRed special announcement, if I'm not wrong
There's a spin-off coming out called "Sword of Logos Saga" that's meant as a prequel set 15 years prior to the start of the show. It's exclusive to the blu-rays though, so it's all dependent on if someone wishes to drop $200 a pop for this show to rip the videos.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I mean, that's a pretty tough ask, since I hate those Blu-ray shitty bonus stories even for good series. They're always awful
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

Oh, definitely agreed. Toei's mindset for them seems pretty squarely in the "Why bother putting effort? People will still buy them anyways" field of disinterest.
TheNinjaDragon
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by TheNinjaDragon »

Go-On Macaroni wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:44 pm Oh, definitely agreed. Toei's mindset for them seems pretty squarely in the "Why bother putting effort? People will still buy them anyways" field of disinterest.
That's just 90% of their work nowadays. 👈😎👈

Return to “Kamen Rider Saber”