Zenkaiger 09 released

Covid Sentai Singleranger
Forum rules

Zenkaiger Wiki Link

< Kiramei | Kikai Sentai Zenkaiger | DonBro >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Mon May 17, 2021 12:30 am

☆☆☆☆☆
35%
☆☆☆☆
40%
☆☆☆
15%
☆☆
5%
5%

Total votes: 20
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Zenkaiger 09 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Last Zenkaiger's rating: 4.32 of 5 (19 votes)

Alt Title: Pirated

<Lunagel> Btw takenoko, kashiwa mochi is a traditional sweet eaten for Children's Day on May 5th
<Lunagel> And the koi nobori are a traditional decoration for the same

Hmm, it's a lot to take in. I'm not sure how I feel about the new characters? I guess I like their energy and it's good to see two attractive humans on screen

Make other Sentai appearances canon, you cowards! I don't think I'm asking for the moon for these new pirates to actually be related to the Gokaigers in some way

Edit: Okay, I think I know why I'm disappointed. Little sister doesn't appear to transform

Edit edit: Pongi is a reference to KyuuRanger
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Re: Zenkaiger 09 released

Post by Lunagel »

LET THE GIRL TRANSFORM YOU COWARDS

Kashiwa Mochi (oak rice cake) is a traditional sweet for Children's Day (May 5th) and the Koi Nobori (carp flags) are a traditional decoration. Kashiwa Mochi is mochi stuffed with sweet azuki beans and then wrapped in an oak leaf (not eaten). The leaf gives a very mild, slightly green flavor to the mochi.

Children's Day was originally called "Boy's Day" and so a lot of the traditional aspects are focused on boys. Families raise the Koi Nobori with a black carp for the father, a red or pink for the mother, and one carp (usually blue, and sometimes additionally green and orange) for each child. There's a song about raising it "higher than the roof" (hence the one line), although with a lot of families living in apartments these days you don't see them as much in the big cities.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Not like the color green, like a pseudo-herb-y kinda if you made tea out of oak leaves this is probably how it'd taste flavor
Sinkuu
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Quote: Let's make it Showy!

Post by Sinkuu »

fancy fancy prissy boy proves to have a spark of honor.... still shady af, but in an antihero way.

imouto-chan will probably be a ranger eventually. she swings a hammer.

curious if the cameos of scammer guy and "here, have some" are important.
MaruArk
I am not a number. I am an individual!
I am not a number. I am an individual!
Favorite series: Zenkaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Kakuranger
Dreamy: YES
Favorite Actor?: Yuki Kaji
Favorite Band: Godiego
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Super Sentai
Quote: "Give up on yourself, and you risk giving up on the world..."
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by MaruArk »

Well... I guess that means they anticipated everyone saying TsuuKaizer looked too much like a Gokaiger, that was the point.
LIVIN' IT LARRRRGE, BABY!
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

The internal logic of the show is really confusing me. So, like, does Kaito not have all of the Sentai gears? Which ones does he not have? And why is it not a big deal?

As for the pirates, the more I think about it, the more they strike me as being closer to stereotypical gypsies than pirates. Everything from their garb to their con artist ways leans more towards the former than the latter. And let's not forget the tambourine (why?).
takenoko wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 12:30 am
Hmm, it's a lot to take in. I'm not sure how I feel about the new characters? I guess I like their energy and it's good to see two attractive humans on screen

Edit: Okay, I think I know why I'm disappointed. Little sister doesn't appear to transform
It's fantastic to finally have some more human characters. And one is even a woman, so the show isn't a total bro-down anymore. But I agree with you, it's just kind of disappointing all over around.
  • There's no actual Gokaiger connection. It's just Toei being baity at best, and being lazy and reusing Gokaiger designs at worst. Having them steal the designs is incredibly formulamatic at this point, since Gokaiger's whole thing was that they had pirated the other Sentais' powers.
  • The sister doesn't get to transform. And admittedly we're already up to 7 people transforming, but 4 of them are robots and the rest are dudes. Toei has finally found a workable excuse to have a cooties-free Sentai, it seems.
  • They come with random toys flying around - as if this show didn't already have enough non-face characters.
  • Their base is another CGI backdrop (which I suppose is to be expected, but still, it works especially poorly with the pirates' free-flowing clothing)
I will give Toei credit for one thing, however: for the first time in a while, the 6th ranger isn't super overpowered to start with. Tsuukaizer seems to fight at Zenkaizer's level.

And Luna: thank you for explaining the mochi!
Last edited by ViRGE on Wed May 05, 2021 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

If I remember correctly from the previous season: Little sister is cutest when she is caught causing mischief.
WannaFantaMan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Legends of Tomorrow
2nd Favorite Series: Boku no Hero Academia
Dreamy: I have too many to list xD
Favorite Actor?: Kevin Conroy
Favorite Band: Hanson
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Fallout 4 and Elden Ring
Quote: AH, BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH!!! My mortal enemy!
Type: ESFJ Provider

Post by WannaFantaMan »

I literally have no idea what the hell just happened at the end with the mech fight and I'm totally OK with that and I agree with you ViRGE. It is a nice change of pace to not have the extra member be OP when they show up only to get nerfed the next episode.
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

"i thought they were cool so i stole their design!"

not sure how Ohranger and Shinkenger work with this guy, i guess the OHran dance matches egypt ... for king pyramider? ... ???

neat episode. not liking TWOkaiser, i hope we stick with TSUUkaiser, like we stuck with Jyuman over Zyuman.

but were not really shown what he stole from the Tojitendo, its just implied it was his changer and gears, but its clear the sister messed with it or made it herself so im curious what they originally stole as it might be a plot device later. actually if he leaves in a few episodes, and later another member from another world appears that would be neat to see a revolving cast of sorts.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Either a lot of people are really smart, obsessed with gears, and sentai series, or one or both parents are currently the commanders in Tojitendo for one reason or another. The more characters you add that overlap in this way, the more unbelievable it becomes.

If the Geardalinger is made from stolen Tojitendo tech, then why does it have a big Zenkaiger arrow on it? Stacee's gun doesn't have that!
vasyear
7X
Quote: don't piss on my leg and tell me its raining

Post by vasyear »

The episode was good and fun but at this point I’m starting to get a little worried, perhaps it’s what Japan need but Zenkiger if I could put it into food terms, Zenkiger has been a nice steady diet of chocolate fudge cake and whipped cream but I'm starting to want some stake and chips.

I want to know more about these characters apart from a sprinkling of hints there's been virtually no character development but I can see there's great set up within the series, there obviously have to change things cause of COVID but still it’s possible to do I can’t believe I’m saying this but look at Power Rangers Dino Fury, it’s had tons of character development and lore building, Zenkiger hasn’t
Perhaps it’s just me am I wrong?
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

takenoko wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 6:15 pm If the Geardalinger is made from stolen Tojitendo tech, then why does it have a big Zenkaiger arrow on it? Stacee's gun doesn't have that!
That is a great question. But realistically, I don't expect that to be explained. That's the logo for the heroes; it's there for toy branding reasons.
Zenkiger has been a nice steady diet of chocolate fudge cake and whipped cream
Fudge cake laced with amphetamines. :lol:
Ashki
Mega
Favorite series: no such thing
Dreamy: Mele
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Ashki »

takenoko wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 6:15 pm Either a lot of people are really smart, obsessed with gears, and sentai series, or one or both parents are currently the commanders in Tojitendo for one reason or another. The more characters you add that overlap in this way, the more unbelievable it becomes.

If the Geardalinger is made from stolen Tojitendo tech, then why does it have a big Zenkaiger arrow on it? Stacee's gun doesn't have that!
From everything we've learned thus far, Kaito's parents visited Kikaitopia and at some point ran into Ijirude. It's likely that as fellow scientists, they were working on the gears and geartlinger together before the Tojitendo began thei conqust ofother worlds. They returned to our universe, where they created Secchan and the final Zenkaiger designs. At some point after that, the Tijitendo invaded the pirate world (apparently BEFORE they started trapping worlds). Our two world pirates invaded the base and stole the original plans for the gears and geartlingers, as well as numerous other things.

It's likely that this raid is what led to the development of the Tojiru gears and the habit of trapping worlds instead of invading them. It could also mean that the pirate world either wasn't captured or was one of the first. Tsuukaiser only seems to have the Gokaiger gear, which may mean Flint used the blueprints to create that gear based on their own world's sentai (which fits her explanation of why Tsuukaiser looks like a Gokaiger). The other two gears appear to have been custom designed by Flint. It's also quite likely she designed his geartlinger based on the original blueprints but with modifications to better suit a pirate. Also note that Tsuukaiser knows about the Tojiru gears but has no interest in Kaito's gears or the ones used by Stacee. I'm sure that'll be a key plot point later on.

As for Stacee's gun, Ijirude just built that a few episodes ago, so the visual similarities were almost certainly based in part on the functional Zenkaiger guns instead of the blueprints and the tech was largely from memory (hence why Stacee's gears look and function differently - they likely were used to actually copy the sentai from captured worlds as opposed to merely replicating specific powers).

I do hope they tie all the clues together on-screen, as a lot of pieces already fit together, but there are some blank spots I had to fill in to set a timeline for the above theory. But overall, I haven't had too much trouble following along.

And yes, I also hope Flint gains the ability to change, although I would rather she have a theme different from her brother. Maybe something will happen and she'll end up with a cyborg theme or she'll turn out to be the actual ninja-themed ranger. Personally, I like the idea of her having a ninja-style but her ability is to steal/copy the powers of an enemy or ally.
Fave | Least Fave Series so far
KR: AgitΩ or Zero-One | Drive
SS: unsure | Maskman
UM: Nexus | Ultra Q
Sentai: Akiballion: Battlemaids of Akihabara | Buddha Man
Other Toku: possibly Shinigami no Ballad | probably Sci-Rop
Aeikozz
Faiz
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Smart Brain Lady
Favorite Band: Bennie K
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Aeikozz »

I refuse to believe little sister wont transform, her outfit is way to showy not to transform and just be eye candy.
never the less it's nice to get two more humans added to the cast so mr rainbow has someone to act with.

Return to “Sentai-Kikai Sentai Zenkaiger”