Do Japanese DVDs have English subs?

Anything goes
mbrakecw
There are five lights!
There are five lights!
Quote: love is the light that binds us all as one

Do Japanese DVDs have English subs?

Post by mbrakecw »

So with Toei doing it what it did I was wondering if Japanese DVDs have English subs in them. I don't mind supporting the official releases as longs as I can import the DVDs or blu rays. Hopefully importing them isn't too much of a pain. You would think that Toei would release their stuff worldwide instead of making it harder for people to enjoy their stuff but I don't think companies care.
hiro9796
TQG
TQG
Favorite series: TOQger, Kamen Rider Zero One, Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger VS Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Agito, W, Zero One
Dreamy: Sinon (SAO), Megumin (Konosuba)
Favorite Actor?: Endo Aya, Shimono Hiro
Alignment: Lawful Good
Quote: Ah le le!

Now, count up your sins!

By the power vested in us by the Global Police, we will deal with you by force!

There's only one person who can stop you, me!
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Re: Do Japanese DVDs have English subs?

Post by hiro9796 »

mbrakecw wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 3:27 am So with Toei doing it what it did I was wondering if Japanese DVDs have English subs in them. I don't mind supporting the official releases as longs as I can import the DVDs or blu rays. Hopefully importing them isn't too much of a pain. You would think that Toei would release their stuff worldwide instead of making it harder for people to enjoy their stuff but I don't think companies care.
I can't quite remember but some has but the translation were quite a slapdash. Maybe that's because I bought a pirated version and that does not even have to be Japanese DVD, it's Hindustan/Bollywood movies. I think I do buy have the first three original Naruto movie, pirated DVD, and in Chinese, and the translation may have been on point in regards to that secondary dub.

Takenoko own the Bluray movie physical copy for Lupin VS Pat VS Kyuu (which I just found on my Hard Disk to confirm at the credits of that video) while DaVinci030 own for Ultraman series like Dyna. You might want to ask them about that. I can only guess that it has Japanese subtitles and even if there are other languages like English, it may not be so good.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Re: Do Japanese DVDs have English subs?

Post by Lunagel »

Vast majority do not. A few Garo movies do, but unless they were released abroad, DVDs do not usually have English subtitles. If they do, 99% of the time they're bootleg

Return to “Random”