Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Saber 40 discussion thread

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

4.25 / 5 stars (8 votes)

Where'd all the dudes in Southern Base go?

Why are Reika and her brother just hanging out at Southern Base anyway? Seems kind of dumb. How do they even get in?

Still creepy to see how happy Touma is about being reunited with his childhood friend

Reika's smoke projection trick is cool

Man this episode is escalating quickly. Yuuri gets the sword of darkness then is immediately captured... Way to trust that blade to someone who becomes a sword when captured

/me thinks. Have Touma, Rintarou, and Kento ever been a trio...? They're not a very good trio now, too much blue

Has Viktor even met Touma? Seems a bit forward to presume they're friends, considering how little time they've spent together

I really wish tokusatsu series would ditch the catchphrases. Durandal's "Don't make me angry" ones feel particularly lame and mockworthy

Oh boy, Solomon was defeated yet again... Oh Mei's here

/me thinks it's pretty funny of Luna to mention how close Touma is to his friends as they're beating the crap out of him

Oh, so Saber does have different forms in his final form. It's a little boring that it's all the same color though...

LOL Mei's dance at the end

So wait, did Master Logos burn up? Oh he's still alive

Sometimes more is less. Storious killing Logos and taking the book, pretty awesome villain moment. Him laughing his brains out right before and the dumb voice changer afterward, not so much

This arc is alright, but it's kind of story lite. At least it's not Saber at its worst

The McDonalds set where you train kids to work at McDonalds. Our future is so dystopic. I cackled at the credit card toy. So weird
TajadorCombo
Infinity
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: OOO
Favorite Band: Band-Maid, BABYMETAL
My boom: Fighting games
Quote: I'm just a passing-through Kamen Rider, remember that
Type: INFJ Counselor

Re: KR Saber 40 discussion thread

Post by TajadorCombo »

Reika and her brother still have their book gates, that's how they got in. Now the question is, how did Slash and Buster got in? since their book gates are not functional

If they're going to make Touma live in Wonderworld, they must get an adult actress to interpret Luna.

Someone on reddit made a version of Xross Saber in red. I think they should had gone with that, because you're right. Too much blue.
https://i.redd.it/isgm9gyz6w271.png

Viktor met Touma in the episode where Elemental Dragon debuted, granted it was less than a minute, but I guess since he's friends with Yuuri, they're friends too.

Durandal's catchphrase never bothered me, but I think they overused it in this episode. I think there are worse, but they are said less frequently.

I'm glad they didn't kept Logos until the end, it's clear that he was done. Now I hope Storius can make a decent villain for what's left
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick

Post by takenoko »

Yeah, th at does look better

>If they're going to make Touma live in Wonderworld, they must get an adult actress to interpret Luna.

Please

>Reika and her brother still have their book gates, that's how they got in. Now the question is, how did Slash and Buster got in? since their book gates are not functional

RIght. Why didn't Logos lock his front door? Sure, it was part of his plan to take over durandal, but still
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

since Storius gets into the base as he pleases, id imagine that there is no barrier ATM. also since Logos believed himself unbeatable and godly, i mean, if you have assumed divine powers would you lock your door?

they were a trio at the beginning of the series. although now, Touma and Rintarou, have greatly surpassed Kento, he still using 3 volumes, and Touma having a space sword that mimics all swords, and Rintarou plainly is super mode, this ultimate trio seems a wee bit unbalanced.

pretty sure Logos is done now. and its onto Storius. Tassel has met Touma in passing i think, but has been creeper watching him all this time, AND is a friend to Yuri. so friend of a friend is a friend right?
Kurow
Mega
Favorite series: Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Rina Akiyama (Agito)
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: girls
Quote: Ore Sanjou!
Type: ENFP Champion

Post by Kurow »

So they decided to turn Touma into the ultimate mary sue that take away the powers of his friends turning them into cheerleaders while he has the powers of all swordsmen?... wow! and people here complained about Daigo from the super sentai series.
Final Vent!
Sinkuu
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Quote: Let's make it Showy!

Post by Sinkuu »

1 thread down, 2, possibly 3, to go.

6 (?) eps... this is gonna be ROUGH.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick

Post by takenoko »

I guess I heard they might skip some weeks because of the Olympics? I was wondering why we were in the 40s already and it's only June
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Assuming the Olympics aren't a gigantic flop...
TajadorCombo
Infinity
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: OOO
Favorite Band: Band-Maid, BABYMETAL
My boom: Fighting games
Quote: I'm just a passing-through Kamen Rider, remember that
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by TajadorCombo »

takenoko wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:24 pm RIght. Why didn't Logos lock his front door? Sure, it was part of his plan to take over durandal, but still
I checked the last episode, Logos was supposed to be in the Megido base with Storius, it's even seen briefly at the start of this one. So it was more like an extraordinary coincidence that both the Shindai siblings and Logos were there at the same time.
midorininger wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:40 pm since Storius gets into the base as he pleases, id imagine that there is no barrier ATM. also since Logos believed himself unbeatable and godly, i mean, if you have assumed divine powers would you lock your door?
Pretty much confirmed in the last episode since he just takes Logos away without a Book Gate. Although I think the writers just forgot there was a barrier in the first place, none of this explains how Slash and Buster got in.
Kurow wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:47 am So they decided to turn Touma into the ultimate mary sue that take away the powers of his friends turning them into cheerleaders while he has the powers of all swordsmen?... wow! and people here complained about Daigo from the super sentai series.
More like the director didn't want to make Kento the only to cancel his transformation, so they forced Rintarou's. But I agree with you, most of the plot revolves around Touma saving the day. Even Kabuto had times when Tendou didn't resolve everything, although he is the only who could cancel the transformation of the other three riders just so he can perform the final attack.

Return to “Kamen Rider Saber”