Kiramager VS Ryusoulger discussion thread

MagiRanger Deux
Forum rules

Kiramager Wiki Link

< Ryusoul | Mashin Sentai Kiramager | Zenkai >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:06 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
73%
☆☆☆☆
18%
☆☆☆
9%
☆☆
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 11
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Kiramager VS Ryusoulger discussion thread

Post by takenoko »

Wiki

It's nice to see Tame looking out for Jyuuru. That's our shadow leader for you

Wow, Koh has more personality in his intro minute than he had in his own personal series. What a difference having a different creative team at the helm makes

Wow, Yodonna looked so much better as a normal person than in the other stuff I've seen her actress in. Such a difference

Good first action scene. Nice use of camera work

Canalo is such a masochist

Oto looks older

Policewoman Sena can arrest me any time

Good job pairing the two speedsters. Although is green's new thing being fast? I miss green being the weirdo or the silent type

Oh Shiguru, cutting down civlilians. Bamba's hot as a villain swordsman. I like Bamba/Shiguru as a pairup too. The Ryusoulgers are an oddly good pairing for the Kiramager

Why did they lock up their changer? Ryusoulger never makes any sense

Wonder how much Movie Jamen's griping about the producer being on his ass is realistic

Yodonna sure knows how to beat the slime out of a guy

Gotta laugh each time they switch to the stunt actor for Sena during the chase scenes

I really wish I could figure out what's on Asuna's coat. I can only figure out the last two kanji: 怨怒

Hey you put the ending song in the wrong place

Surprisingly stylish shot of the Ryusoulgers catching the swords and walking into place

Wow a Ryusoulger team super form... Although looking at it more closely, it feels like it's a discarded Kiramager super form. The chest part doesn't even align to the Ryusoulger symbol on their suit. It even looks like Kirameijn's head

Oh Garuza's here too

Wow the blue jewels are a real magical deus ex machina

Is it me or is the big mecha battle more hefty than usual? I'm sad they used those ugly director minusaur suits instead of the giant camera head jamen guy

Why did Garuza even come here? He just walks away slowly when he's done playing. At least Yodonna exploded the sixth rangers before she left

Overall, I feel like the halo around Kiramager lifted Ryusoulger to being the series it should have been. This was a fun movie that did a good job balancing between the two sentai so that it didn't feel like the Kiramagers carrying the Ryusoulgers
ViRGE
Save the life

Re: Kiramager VS Ryusoulger discussion thread

Post by ViRGE »

takenoko wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:14 am Yodonna sure knows how to beat the slime out of a guy
That just sounds wrong. :shock: :lol:
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

at the beginning of the movie where Silver and Mabnushina are in the movie theatre, behind them, the man drinking is obviously faking it. like his mouth doesnt even touch the cup.
and was it just me or were Touwa and Asuna really hard to recognise at first until you saw Melto, then it made sense and you realised that bamba was there too.
Koh telling Juuryu ro relax in true the past Red gives guidance to the current Red in true sentai fashion CHECK! and when he had to dance and sing, which made me wonder which shows ending song and dance was going to play, but oh silly me the movie one!
"TWIN GREEN FAST SLASH!" this pleases me greatly as at first it seemed like they werent going to use special effect on their "high speed" battle then it happened. yes. oh and everyone else was okay too .... but the Reds didnt have a combi attack ... hm ...
Yodanna taking take sixth heroes like a boss.
the group doing the combined ending dances wasnt as awkward as i thought it was going to be some i think some of them have taken dancing lessons since their show ended.

no Kikaiger cameo ;_;
EDIT no pole?
Kamen Rider Blade
Go Go!
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Type: ENTJ Fieldmarshal

Post by Kamen Rider Blade »

ViRGE wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:13 pm
takenoko wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:14 am Yodonna sure knows how to beat the slime out of a guy
That just sounds wrong. :shock: :lol:
It sounds very right to me =P
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

>Yodanna taking take sixth heroes like a boss.

haha, and after garuza ran away too. pretty nice show for her

>no Kikaiger cameo ;_;

probably figured that the super sentai movie thing was happening so they saved it. it really makes me curious aobut the production of this movie since it's obviously a summer movie. But the versus tend to be spring movies, like the ryusoul vs lvsp movie came out in February 2020 ans LVSP vs Kyuu in August 2019, and Jyuoh VS ninninger was in January 2017. Okay, that's pretty confusing

>EDIT no pole?

oh, i can put one up I guess
HenshinDai
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Favorite series: Dairanger/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto/DekaRanger
Quote: And I shall shed my light over dark evil, for the dark things cannot stand the light. The light of … THE GREEN LANTERN!-AlanScott
Type: ISTP Crafter
Instagram: Henshindai

Post by HenshinDai »

Kamen Rider Blade wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 5:28 pm
ViRGE wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:13 pm That just sounds wrong. :shock: :lol:
It sounds very right to me =P
>_< Oh Good Gravy >_<

I liked the movie, though there were bits that felt like they just exist for the sake of being there, Red on Red advice time, 6th Ranger being dumb for the sake of dumb (Gold not Silver.), best bit of the movie for me was the Green on Green interactions but they are the two I like best anyway.
Image Image Image
CheetahLynx
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Engine Sentai Go-Onger

Post by CheetahLynx »

It was quite a lot of fun. The camera work during the robo fight was incredible.

I don't know if I should mention this, but I found a very nice subbed version on nyaa.si. I don't know who those guys that subbed it are, but they are clearly very talented at what they do. A very pleasant surprise indeed ;)
CheetahLynx
I was gonna list all the series I've watched but there's a 255 character limit. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Oh well.
HWNJ
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Alignment: Lawful Good
Quote: Motherfucker!
Samuel L. Jackson
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by HWNJ »

The bad part about it being released first on web streaming is that it includes counter-epilepsy measures reducing the bright on some scenes, like on 01:05:24 (Five Knights Ultimate Slash) just when the slashes hits the monster.
fartboy
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: ToQger
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Robert Baldwin
Favorite Actor?: Yosuke Kishi
Favorite Band: Do As Infinity

Post by fartboy »

On a side note, the DVDs for the Kiramager, Ryusoulger and Zenkaiger movies have been out for a while. That didn't get a discussion thread.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

fartboy wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 12:08 am On a side note, the DVDs for the Kiramager, Ryusoulger and Zenkaiger movies have been out for a while. That didn't get a discussion thread.
I haven't seen them yet. The BLu-rays only arrived Friday June 25th and it takes a while for me to watch them. So it's only really been like a week
fartboy
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: ToQger
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Robert Baldwin
Favorite Actor?: Yosuke Kishi
Favorite Band: Do As Infinity

Post by fartboy »

Oh, I was just talking about a thread. Anyways, anyone else notice the George Spielburton Akibaranger reference?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Sorry, didn't mean to sound so defensive. Sometimes I overexplain things

I thought George Spielburton sounded familiar. I just assumed it was just Japanese people running famous Western director names together. Didn't realize they used that name before in Akibaranger
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Would that be considered a reference or a recycled joke?
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

CheetahLynx wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 9:30 pm It was quite a lot of fun. The camera work during the robo fight was incredible.
yeah no, the low camera angle in the robo fight scene didnt do it for me at all. to me, it seemed like it was probably cool on paper, but in action not so much. unless there were rangers fighting at their feet and we had a mix battle scene, which i believe Kiramager had a few of those where the robo battle effected the ground battle, then no, id have prefered a standard battle.
JustiFanV2
7X

Post by JustiFanV2 »

Nice to see TV-N still trucking along! :D

Huh, I noticed the Go Kiramagers all have their chest gems in the centre at the same time. I didn't think that should be possible.

Return to “Mashin Sentai Kiramager”