Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Saber 45 discussion thread

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

4.55 / 5 stars (11 votes)

Ooh, they got someone else in the Calibur suit... and it doesn't fit quite right lol. At least they made the effort

How did we end up in a Rider war?

Oh hey, cameo by the other two guys

Oh, and the previous Caliburs too. Nice

What, why is Mei fading? Is she also a Luna?

Please let us see the fights with the mini bosses. They're the best part of this fight so far

Okay Storious with the weird gesture at Luna

So Luna knows everything???

Are all t he women fading into nothing?

Got to admit, that's a cool video game finisher move Ren used. Damn, he left the phoenix sword

Is Daishinji dead?

No, you go on ahead. No, you go on ahead.

Looks like the museum is empty today

Even though that felt like a setup episode, it was pretty good? Everyone kind of did something and there were cool moments? I don't know if anything happened storywise, but we got to see a bunch of guests from before

Also new songs?? A duet between Kento and Ren?
Timeless Story
BOOK OF POWER (Instrumental)
Sinkuu
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Quote: Let's make it Showy!

Re: KR Saber 45 discussion thread

Post by Sinkuu »

fuck this series. Plot? who needs a plot???

COOL FIGHT BRO. enemies they pulled out of their ass, no one knows about, can barely tell apart, and no one gives a shit about. the four generals are fucking SPEED BUMPS. the only fight that's gonna matter is next week's.
TajadorCombo
Infinity
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: OOO
Favorite Band: Band-Maid, BABYMETAL
My boom: Fighting games
Quote: I'm just a passing-through Kamen Rider, remember that
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by TajadorCombo »

I liked this episode, but I didn't enjoy it to the same amount the writers may have intended. I feel like this one has a bit of fan service, like Sophia as Calibur or Kenzan using Desast's book and finisher, but I'm not personally attached to these characters that they just came across as good visuals. However I think that for the people who enjoy this show may be one of their favorites.

Going to the topics of the episode itself, I think the women fading is because all of them are connected to Wonderworld in some way or another, we would need to see other extras fading away too to confirm this. Although, wouldn't Touma should also fade away? it may be a matter of him being more powerful that his process may be delayed or it was an oversight by the writers.

Now, there's a thing that I can't get my head around so I hope someone can answer me, so Storius and Luna are saying that Touma is defying what the Book said, however ever since Yuri appeared he said that Touma is destined to obtain great power, isn't this a bit contradictory? Is he challenging fate or is he going the path the book put him unknowingly?

Lastly, I know Kamen Rider is not known for consistent power levels, but it seems that the appearance of the Sages will be short, which I think is one recurring element of Saber, hype one boss battle to be destroyed one or two episodes later by the power of love, diminishing their power status in the process.
Thenosa Yechette
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Super Sentai.
Type: INTP Architect
Location: A backwater place in this backwater planet(according to Agent Abrera)

Post by Thenosa Yechette »

I liked the episode. This had mostly good fight scenes, and I don't remember anything I want to complain about in particular.
takenoko wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 11:52 pm Ooh, they got someone else in the Calibur suit... and it doesn't fit quite right lol. At least they made the effort
I actually liked that they made Sophia the next Calibur. It was nice, and I always appreciate more female Riders.
takenoko wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 11:52 pm How did we end up in a Rider war?
I have the same question. And where did the foot soldiers come from? Did Saber ever have foot soldiers? I thought they'd be Megids at first but then the turned out to look different from the Megids. But again, if it made sense, it won't be Saber, will it?
takenoko wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 11:52 pm Oh hey, cameo by the other two guys
Which two guys are you talking about?
takenoko wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 11:52 pm What, why is Mei fading? Is she also a Luna?
I guessed that was because she once turned into a Megid and could see the Wonder World...
takenoko wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 11:52 pm Please let us see the fights with the mini bosses. They're the best part of this fight so far
I'm sad that they weren't generals in this series....
takenoko wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 11:52 pm So Luna knows everything???
Luna knows everything, yet she knew nothing about herself. And Victor had to tell her about her real identity and Touma being the one destined to receive great power...
takenoko wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 11:52 pm Are all the women fading into nothing?
What and why was that? Can't they make better use of the female characters in Saber?
takenoko wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 11:52 pm Got to admit, that's a cool video game finisher move Ren used. Damn, he left the phoenix sword
True, his fights scenes were quite cool. But why the heck did he leave the phoenix sword behind?! Guess once a moRen, always a moRen.
takenoko wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 11:52 pm Is Daishinji dead?
Yeah, that was confusing. Will they seriously kill all of the swordsmen and leave only Touma behind, or will they revive these people somehow? It will be sad unless they bring them back.....
takenoko wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 11:52 pm No, you go on ahead. No, you go on ahead.
They all came prepared knowing they'll die here. So I think that's a good idea. But why was Ren the only one who tried to reach Touma? Shouldn't that be Rintarou who tries to go to help Touma?
takenoko wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 11:52 pm Looks like the museum is empty today
What museum?
takenoko wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 11:52 pm Also new songs?? A duet between Kento and Ren?
Timeless Story
BOOK OF POWER (Instrumental)
The songs were cool, but according to what I read, the actors didn't sing any of them.

Btw, coming here and reading people's comments about Saber is wasy more entertaining than an actual episode of Saber. It's hilarious! :lol: :) :D
Last edited by Thenosa Yechette on Fri Aug 13, 2021 4:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thenosa :)

Finished watching:
SS:
Dekaranger
Boukenger
Shinkenger-Ninnninger
Lupinranger VS Patranger-Zenkaiger
Akibaranger
KR:
Kiva
Build
Zero-One -Revice
Misc:
Ryuukendo
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick

Post by takenoko »

>Which two guys are you talking about?

Either I was talking about Kento's dad and the original swordsman of flame or zoous and the other guy who isn't storious

>What museum?

The one used in the ending sequence

>Also, I was confused about something. Ogami-san says Sora will be graduating soon. But according to what I've read, school years in Japan begin in around April. And from that I guessed that the school years probably end in around February or March. Then why is Sora graduating in August? Does the school year schedule work differently for kindergartens in Japan?

Huh. I'd need to check the script. Didn't pick up on that line
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

That's not a museum, it's a bookstore
Kamen Rider Ookalf
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Kamen Rider Ookalf »

Thenosa Yechette wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:05 am I have the same question. And where did the foot soldiers come from? Did Saber ever have foot soldiers? I thought they'd be Megids at first but then the turned out to look different from the Megids. But again, if it made sense, it won't be Saber, will it?
Those are the Shimi, and they are an established thing. I don't blame you for forgetting them, though; this is the first time they've been in the main series outside of flashbacks since, like, episode 3.
Lunagel
Mofu~

Post by Lunagel »

Thenosa Yechette wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:05 am
Also, I was confused about something. Ogami-san says Sora will be graduating soon. But according to what I've read, school years in Japan begin in around April. And from that I guessed that the school years probably end in around February or March. Then why is Sora graduating in August? Does the school year schedule work differently for kindergartens in Japan?
来週はそらの授業参観だ。

"Next week is Parent's Day at Sora's school."

There's nothing about graduating in the script.
Thenosa Yechette
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Super Sentai.
Type: INTP Architect
Location: A backwater place in this backwater planet(according to Agent Abrera)

Post by Thenosa Yechette »

Lunagel wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 5:37 pm 来週はそらの授業参観だ。

Ok. Sorry, either I remember it incorrectly or the episode I watched might have that line translated incorrectly. My bad.... :| :oops:
Kamen Rider Ookalf wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 5:23 pm Those are the Shimi, and they are an established thing. I don't blame you for forgetting them, though; this is the first time they've been in the main series outside of flashbacks since, like, episode 3.
Oh.... Yeah, I don't remember that. Saber's usually bad and was quite bad in the beginning. So I didn't pay enough attention to it. And because of that, when Saber did become good, I didn't remember the things from before at the time when I didn't pay enough attention.
Thenosa :)

Finished watching:
SS:
Dekaranger
Boukenger
Shinkenger-Ninnninger
Lupinranger VS Patranger-Zenkaiger
Akibaranger
KR:
Kiva
Build
Zero-One -Revice
Misc:
Ryuukendo
msf232
Faiz
Dreamy: 민지여신
Favorite Band: Dreamcatcher
My boom: Nothing definite, changes from time to time
Type: ISTP Crafter

Post by msf232 »

Thenosa Yechette wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:40 am
Lunagel wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 5:37 pm 来週はそらの授業参観だ。

Ok. Sorry, either I remember it incorrectly or the episode I watched might have that line translated incorrectly. My bad.... :| :oops:
Yeah, the one I watched had graduation in it. I was confused too; I was like, "What graduation?"

If they only show the women fading away, at least there will be some consistency in it

Zooous and Legeiel came back. That was a surprise
And I liked the cameo by the two previous Caliburs
Finished:
Dairanger, Shinkenger, Kyoryuger–キングオージャー
Kuuga–Geats
Nexus, R/B
Ryukendo, Rescue Force
スパイダーマン
CH THE LIVE
Akibaranger, Akiba S痛
Wakusaver S2, Jyuukaizar
CPH GandD
Lunagel
Mofu~

Post by Lunagel »

That's a pretty egregious mistake, and I'm not sure how the translator reached that translation, seeing as it's literally 授業 (class) 参観 (visit). I can only assume they weren't using captions and heard "jyugyou" as "sotsugyou"
msf232
Faiz
Dreamy: 민지여신
Favorite Band: Dreamcatcher
My boom: Nothing definite, changes from time to time
Type: ISTP Crafter

Post by msf232 »

Maybe it's just me, but because of her hairstyle or something, Mei looked way prettier than usual in this episode (in my opinion, that is)
Finished:
Dairanger, Shinkenger, Kyoryuger–キングオージャー
Kuuga–Geats
Nexus, R/B
Ryukendo, Rescue Force
スパイダーマン
CH THE LIVE
Akibaranger, Akiba S痛
Wakusaver S2, Jyuukaizar
CPH GandD
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick

Post by takenoko »

Lunagel wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:23 am That's a pretty egregious mistake, and I'm not sure how the translator reached that translation, seeing as it's literally 授業 (class) m (visit). I can only assume they weren't using captions and heard "jyugyou" as "sotsugyou"
Maybe they were using the captions but don't have their kanji memorized?
授業
卒業

But still, you'd think the sankan would make them double check to see why it's a visit. A graduation visit doesn't make much sense

Return to “Kamen Rider Saber”