Zenkaiger 22 discussion thread

Covid Sentai Singleranger
Forum rules

Zenkaiger Wiki Link

< Kiramei | Kikai Sentai Zenkaiger | DonBro >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Mon Aug 23, 2021 5:40 am

☆☆☆☆☆
43%
☆☆☆☆
29%
☆☆☆
29%
☆☆
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 7
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Zenkaiger 22 discussion thread

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Last Zenkaiger's rating: 4.22 of 5 (9 votes)

Alt Title: Uncancel Gege/Usada!

Ummm, looks like Gege says something here but they dubbed him over... Is this the end of Gege already?! I'm sure it's not cool to cheat on your spouse, but I don't think the punishemnt for that should be to not be allowed to work again. Why is Japan like this?

Man, Zyuran is like Momotaros if he were never funny or heartfelt.

At least Stacee has some sort of pathos to him. Maybe more so than Kaito himself??? What would this show be without Stacee and the pirates? It feels like nothing interesting ever happens with the main 5

Maybe it's the robo suit, but I sorta didn't get any emotional payout from Gaoon at the end. I don't know if it's the writing or just the setup for this season in general. And now Revice has a fully suited actor as the second character too. Stop copying Den-O!

Where do all the parts for the big dino come from if SD Tsuukaizer is just istting in the back? Is the Drill vehicle a reference to TimeRanger or Gokaiger?

Ooh Battlecaeser Robo is a MK 2. Nice, upgrade. Does he look any different?

Oh it's a to be continued
Thenosa Yechette
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Super Sentai.
Type: INTP Architect
Location: A backwater place in this backwater planet(according to Agent Abrera)

Re: Zenkaiger 22 discussion thread

Post by Thenosa Yechette »

I actually enjoyed this episode a lot. Had some focus on one of the main characters. And of course, we had some good moments with Stacee.

I always thought that it was stupid and self-contradictory that Gaoon disliked all Kikainoids and preferred animals. (Although in one sense I wouldn't blame him. I mean no one likes the Kikainoids that much honestly. They just made them so boring like that.) Cuz seriously, he was from Kikaitopia in the first place, where I'm guessing everyone was made of machine. So what did he do back then? Hate everyone and everything? I don't think I will understand what the deal is with Kikainoids until the wirters actually try to do something that makes sense and adds up properly.
Finally, in this episode he properly learns to appreciate the Kikainoids as well.

More focus on Stacee, yay! I really hope they give him a redemption arc. Otherwise, I don't think making him half-human and making him interact with Yatsude is necessary at all.
Secchan staring at him like an eagle was quite funny.
takenoko wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 5:40 am Alt Title: Uncancel Gege/Usada!

Ummm, looks like Gege says something here but they dubbed him over... Is this the end of Gege already?! I'm sure it's not cool to cheat on your spouse, but I don't think the punishemnt for that should be to not be allowed to work again. Why is Japan like this?
Yeah, cheating is terrible but should people be punished in their work life too? And they're getting rid of a regular character so early in the show? That's kinda sad. Plus that secret about Stacee, won't we get to know what secret of Stacee Gege knows (except for the one where he helped the Zenkaigers beat the MOTW). And if they care about this cheating incident, how come they don't care about the Vice's VA's racist tweets? Kinda weird... :| More than that, if they're not going to work with Suzuki Katsuhisa again in the future, this means no Usada in GB 10 years after. Which means the probability of GB 10 years after happening will reduce more than before! That's the worst. 😭😭😭😔😰😨😧😦😬😢😥😓🥴😵 No matter what, I hope a GB 10 years after happens!
takenoko wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 5:40 am At least Stacee has some sort of pathos to him. Maybe more so than Kaito himself??? What would this show be without Stacee and the pirates? It feels like nothing interesting ever happens with the main 5
Nothing ever does happen to the other 5! Even if something does, it doesn't leave much impact afterwards. And I don't care about the main 5 that much. Every week I start watching Zenkaiger hoping that the pirates or Stacee will have some focus moments and do something interesting. The 5 main characters lost focus from the moment Stacee stepped in. Zenkaiger isn't much fun without the pirates and Stacee... 🤷‍♀️😑😶😒😞😕🙁
takenoko wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 5:40 am Maybe it's the robo suit, but I sorta didn't get any emotional payout from Gaoon at the end. I don't know if it's the writing or just the setup for this season in general.
I tried to understand and feel Gaoon's emotions at that point, but I couldn't understand more than a certain extent. It's like, I knew it was there, but I couldn't see it on his face either. Cuz duh, he's wearing a mask. The only thing that came to me at that moment was "was Gaoon's face after he changes into the Zenkaiger suit always this serious and scary?"....
takenoko wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 5:40 am Where do all the parts for the big dino come from if SD Tsuukaizer is just istting in the back? Is the Drill vehicle a reference to TimeRanger or Gokaiger?
I didn't care enough to notice, but I think some parts come from the spear that Super Zenkaiser has... Maybe? And I thought the Drill vehicle was a reference to Timeranger, isn't it?
takenoko wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 5:40 am Oh it's a to be continued
I expected it to a to be continued. Somehow I think Stacee's involvement in the fight results into two parters.
Thenosa :)

Finished watching:
SS:
Dekaranger
Boukenger
Shinkenger-Ninnninger
Lupinranger VS Patranger-Zenkaiger
Akibaranger
KR:
Kiva
Build
Zero-One -Revice
Misc:
Ryuukendo
Gokider
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Gokider »

takenoko wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 5:40 am And now Revice has a fully suited actor as the second character too. Stop copying Den-O!
Considering their names get mixed together to make the name of the show, they definitely seem to be trying that concept again.
Thenosa Yechette wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:47 am
takenoko wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 5:40 am Where do all the parts for the big dino come from if SD Tsuukaizer is just istting in the back? Is the Drill vehicle a reference to TimeRanger or Gokaiger?
I didn't care enough to notice, but I think some parts come from the spear that Super Zenkaiser has... Maybe? And I thought the Drill vehicle was a reference to Timeranger, isn't it?
Who's to say? GoZyuJin had a drill as a reference to TimeRanger so either way it comes from them and it doesn't always seem like the show necessarily decides on or figures out the references before just throwing them in there.
msf232
Faiz
Dreamy: 민지여신
Favorite Band: Dreamcatcher
My boom: Nothing definite, changes from time to time
Type: ISTP Crafter

Post by msf232 »

takenoko wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 5:40 am looks like Gege says something here but they dubbed him over...
Ah, that clears it up. It looked to me like Gege's mouth was moving, but the voice seemed like the big guy's (Bokkowaus?)
Finished:
Dairanger, Shinkenger, Kyoryuger–キングオージャー
Kuuga–Geats
Nexus, R/B
Ryukendo, Rescue Force
スパイダーマン
CH THE LIVE
Akibaranger, Akiba S痛
Wakusaver S2, Jyuukaizar
CPH GandD
Dellorandsupersentaj
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: zenkaiger and wakusaver
2nd Favorite Series: Timeranger
Dreamy: Rajura
Favorite Actor?: Yume shinjo
Favorite Band: Jo1 and bts
My boom: Taiwanese, japanese, and (south) korean snacks, shows, pop music, and cultures (i like those things from taiwan, japan, and south korea
Type: ENTJ Fieldmarshal
Location: Chernobyl (JK) i live in poland (jk i dont live in poland im an north American fan of toku)

Post by Dellorandsupersentaj »

I saw an egmergency alert for a tsunami in japan while watching the premiere of episode 23 Of zenkaiegr on a live stream of tv asahi
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Dellorandsupersentaj wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:19 pm I saw an egmergency alert for a tsunami in japan while watching the premiere of episode 23 Of zenkaiegr on a live stream of tv asahi
I kinda doubt that since there wasn't a big earthquake this morning. Might've been a landslide warning though

Return to “Sentai-Kikai Sentai Zenkaiger”