Kamen Rider Revice 03 Discussion thread

All that exists in my heart is cholesterol...

Ratings

Poll ended at Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:08 am

★★★★★
33%
★★★★
50%
★★★
17%
★★
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 12
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Kamen Rider Revice 03 Discussion thread

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Rating for last episode: 4 / 5 stars (8 votes)

No idea what that monster is supposed to be. This style of design is kind of abstract

Wonder how much longer Ikki will play the reluctant hero

Another mammoth power up?

Cool to see Sakura rescue herself. Such a cutie

So it's both a mammoth and a Den-O reference? Feels kinda lame

The dual swords is cool, but what is the mammoth powerup do/

Overall, wasn't super into this one. We learn a bit about the brother and the sister, but overall I don't really feel like I've learned that much about any of the characters in this episode. Also I really hate Toei characters that have a catchphrase
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Re: Kamen Rider Revice 03 Discussion thread

Post by HowlingSnail »

Overall I'm liking the show so far. And if Daiji doesn't become a Rider in the near future, I'll be really surprised.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
MaxHazard
Infinity

Post by MaxHazard »

wow... the new driver looks nice
not to mention, the mother still in hospital... I wonder how many days already passed since the first day she got attacked

Kinda feel bad for Daiji...he feel so hopeless and sad
darkmage02
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider 555
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Ryuki
Dreamy: Miu from Fourze
Favorite Band: The GazettE
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: DIGIMON!
Quote: I devour your dreams as I watch you despair.

Post by darkmage02 »

Great episode. It's nice to see KR touching on more adult and real-world social issues. They have done that in the past but it's usually poor attempts.

This episode didn't necessarily move the plot forward much, but it did give us some cool character moments with the siblings.

So.. is Sakura the female lead of this series? At first she seems more like a side character. I don't mind tho, she's badass and can hold her own. I like that she rescued herself without her siblings.

This is the first Rider series without an obvious female lead iirc.

Not sure if I were to laugh or feel awkward seeing their "positions" whenever they do the buddy combo.

Pretty sure Daiji is heading somewhere, maybe a potential Deadman's sacrifice too? Would be interesting to see him go dark and have some sibling fight.

Will they ever have an in-world explanation for all the past Rider references? Probably not, it's Toei. But the intro did show the scientist experimenting on what seems to be Riders, so I hope there's something.

I'm really liking Revice so far. It has a darker undertone that I hope goes somewhere, and the main characters are mostly likeable and believable. Still not a fan of the suit, but it's something i'm willing to overlook if the story turns out good.
Complete. Start Up. 3. 2. 1. Time Out. Reformation.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Oh yeah, totally see Daiji going to the dark side. His relationship with Ikki is definitely getting more and more strained
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

https://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/revice/cast/

When you scroll down a bit, under "Regular customers", there's a suspiciously young and cute 17-year-old that is screaming "I'm going to be the secondary Rider" at me
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Lunagel wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:04 am https://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/revice/cast/

When you scroll down a bit, under "Regular customers", there's a suspiciously young and cute 17-year-old that is screaming "I'm going to be the secondary Rider" at me
Didn't Hikaru show up in episode 1? There's so many side characters, like the Ninninger dad
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

darkmage02 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:13 am So.. is Sakura the female lead of this series? At first she seems more like a side character. I don't mind tho, she's badass and can hold her own. I like that she rescued herself without her siblings.

This is the first Rider series without an obvious female lead iirc.
Amazon doesn't have one, that role is taken by Masahiko. Honestly the Showa Riders kind of didn't a lot of the time. The OG show had Ruriko, but after she leaves they get the ever-changing cast of interchangeable girls, although Yuri's there for the whole rest of the show. X doesn't have any regular girls until Mako and Chiko materialise into existence half way through. Stronger didn't have one beyond Tackle.

Kiva I would argue doesn't have a single female lead. Shizuka is the one who serves that purpose in terms of hanging around with Wataru, but she's honestly the least important girl in the show. Hibiki doesn't really have an obvious one either.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I dunno, I'd say Mori Erika would be the main girl in hibiki. Although she did have to share it with akiyama nana
Ashki
Mega
Favorite series: no such thing
Dreamy: Mele
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Ashki »

This one had some improvements, but also some backsteps.

Pros:
- I really like how they're using Sakura, even though she's something of the strong girl trope (but thankfully due to training, not super strength).
- I can also see Daiji going dark, but perhaps in a different manner considering some revelations this episode.
- Cute girls that actually contribute to the story.

Cons
- Founda... I mean, FeniX is showing its colours already. How much more obvious can they make it?
- Not only are the Remix forms terrible, but are we really going to have them in suggestive poses for every one?
- Too many new forms way too fast once again. I get that they want to sell toys, but this is Ghost all over again. Let's get a few episodes to get used to a form before rolling out another or else there's no real point to them!

One would think with Momotaros as part of the main cast they'd have some Den-O references, you know, like maybe costume elements or special attacks...

Also, I'm annoyed they didn't make any effort to wrap up the bathhouse takeover subplot. They just kind of forgot all about it. I honestly thought it was part of a ploy set up by Daiji to get his brother to sign the contract, promising to protect the bathhouse from development as part of the deal. But no, it was just there for comedy and we didn't even get a Princess Jellyfish subplot arc going. Such a disappointment.

I'm giving it a 4 /5 because a lot of my doubts about the series persist or have been replaced with new ones, but they're actually treating female characters decently for once (at least, so far they are...).

I'm totally calling it now...
Spoiler
Ayaka is the Deadmans candidate. She has the motive (mother focused on her sister) and it's either a girl or someone very stylish under that death shroud. Also, the title for next week's episode seems to support this theory.

Also predicting Daiji will steal the other Driver and end up trying to beat a demon on his own, only to be kicked out of FX and ends up going rogue. He'll then spend a bunch of episodes not as a Deadmans, but as one of those secondary Riders who lives to compete with the hero for recognition.
Fave | Least Fave Series so far
KR: AgitΩ or Zero-One | Drive
SS: unsure | Maskman
UM: Nexus | Ultra Q
Sentai: Akiballion: Battlemaids of Akihabara | Buddha Man
Other Toku: possibly Shinigami no Ballad | probably Sci-Rop
Lunagel
Mofu~

Post by Lunagel »

I know the kidnapper guy is supposed to be the antagonist but when he was making his speech it's like ... No, no, he's got a point there.

Remix is dumb and I'm already tired of it. And yeah, way too easy to get form fatigue these days when they only ever appear in like, maybe 2 episodes before moving on to the next form.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Lunagel wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:12 pm I know the kidnapper guy is supposed to be the antagonist but when he was making his speech it's like ... No, no, he's got a point there.
Eh? What speech are you talking about?
Lunagel
Mofu~

Post by Lunagel »

When he's threatening the girls around 13 minutes in.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Oh right. Seemed kind of random though, since he's just a paid thug kidnapper though?
Ashki
Mega
Favorite series: no such thing
Dreamy: Mele
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Ashki »

I think they were trying to make everyone think he was doing the kidnapping on his own and that's why he let his demon out. Unfortunately, both attempts at misdirection were pretty see-through. I mean, why put yourself at risk if you have a demon to do the kidnapping for you?
Fave | Least Fave Series so far
KR: AgitΩ or Zero-One | Drive
SS: unsure | Maskman
UM: Nexus | Ultra Q
Sentai: Akiballion: Battlemaids of Akihabara | Buddha Man
Other Toku: possibly Shinigami no Ballad | probably Sci-Rop

Return to “Kamen Rider Revice”