Kamen Rider Revice 04 Discussion thread

All that exists in my heart is cholesterol...

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:11 pm

★★★★★
50%
★★★★
50%
★★★
No votes
★★
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 12
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Kamen Rider Revice 04 Discussion thread

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Rating for last episode: 4.11 / 5 stars (9 votes)

So probably not the first to make this observation, but did Toei just watch Venom and decide to create Revice?

How much longer of the "Will Ikki sign the FeniX contract" arc?

So if you get to the second level of the contract you can't change back? Then what are the Deadmans commanders, since they can change freely between their monster forms

I thought the sacrifice last week was Ayaka's mother, but it being Ayaka makes a lot more sense

Whoa. That's a lot of Kamen RIder toys. What's the in-world explanation for this?

Who's the girl in the cap?

Oh, the Ayaka kaijin is a much better design than the monsters.

Why's Daiji mad? Ikki basically entered battle as soon as possible

Man, why doesn't yell at that mom

I wonder how long this mom in the hospital arc will last?

Just noticed Ikki's Happy Spa t-shirt.

Not buying the mom's apology. Actions speak louder than words

Was Vice always able to turn into a hover bike?

SOmetimes the chase scene through the city looks good, but this one is a bit too much bad cgi for me.

What's this back to the future shit cliffhanger?

That was an alright episode. Kind of zoned out a bit during the chase (Again, Toei's done some cool chase sequences, this wasn't one of them). I don't know if all this stuff with this girl's family is fixed. Like, you don't turn yourself into a monster, have yourself kidnapped, then try to kill your sister without there being some beef leftover. It'd be cool if this were a side plotline involving Ikki and his maybe love interest?
preview spoiler
Second Rider already
MaxHazard
Infinity

Re: Kamen Rider Revice 04 Discussion thread

Post by MaxHazard »

How much longer of the "Will Ikki sign the FeniX contract" arc?
==> Didn't he just sign at the end before Daiji pass him the whole briefcase

==> female villain

Why's Daiji mad? Ikki basically entered battle as soon as possible
==> guess Daiji find it troublesome, he need to look for ikki first when he reach the incident..., not to mention his boss might be asking for the contract

Was Vice always able to turn into a hover bike?
==> another question will be... will we see that hover bike again?

I wonder how long this mom in the hospital arc will last?
==> I was thinking the same... because Hiromi who fainted in the 1st episode already back on foot.... started working

Ptera Genome looks very similar to faiz, no wonder "open your eyes for the next revice"

sigh... Vice landed on his head
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

Not gonna lie, even though I knew they'd never do it, I really wanted Ayaka to kill her mum and sister, and become a new villain general. I wanted her to be like Yuka from Faiz.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

==> female villain

In the captions it says her name is Natsuki Hana (夏木 花) though?
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

takenoko wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:26 am Who's the girl in the cap?
==> female villain

In the captions it says her name is Natsuki Hana (夏木 花) though?
Pretty sure that's just a pseudonym she uses. Certainly it was Aguilera's actress.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Weird of it to appear in the captions before she says it in the show
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

I think Vice turning into the hoverbike is unique to this form, but you never know with these things.
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

ok, having watched the episode, my thoughts:

I don't think the advanced contract 100% prevents the person from being able to turn human again. I think what they meant is "you've passed the point of no return, you're committed to being a sacrifice now." and turning human again probably just requires practice/time or getting stronger in that form.

kinda funny how Ayaka's demon form is supposed to be based on a gorilla, but they give her horns like she's a Rajang from Monster Hunter.

George, how do you know that a Rider Kick WILL save Ayaka's life if Revice is your first working Kamen Rider? since toys exist of the past Riders, I'm guessing they existed here, so did they fight Deadmans at some point? and if so, what happened to them?

I'm now pretty positive that Vice becoming a hoverbike is unique to Ptera form because it's the Faiz analog, (Flying by complete/Standing by. Complete. anyone?), so where Faiz had a bike that could turn into a buddy unit to fight alongside, Revi has Vice, his buddy to fight alongside, turn into a bike.

I'm curious about what Ikki disappearing from the photo means. was that some kind of result of payment for his demonic contract with Vice, or a hint that maybe Ikki wasn't actually there to start and we'll get some twist about him being the result of some dark magic later?

Vice seems to have an idea what's going on, so what does he know? and for that matter, where did he come from? is it supposed to be that everyone in this world has a devil like him inside of them, and Ikki is unique in his ability to see/interact with Vice? or did Vice just kind of appear suddenly?

crazy theory I'm forming with no basis for it:
Spoiler
Vice is actually Gifu, or related to him somehow. Aguilera keeps talking to that statue as though Gifu is in there, but never acts like he's speaking back, so how does she know he's still in there?
Sinkuu
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Quote: Let's make it Showy!

Post by Sinkuu »

I'm in shock.

characters with FLAWS. that actively work on them and story arcs BASED on them.

holy shit.

my theory:
Spoiler
Ikki will eventually go full demon from the vistamp use and become erased / forgotten about by the end of the series.
darkmage02
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider 555
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Ryuki
Dreamy: Miu from Fourze
Favorite Band: The GazettE
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: DIGIMON!
Quote: I devour your dreams as I watch you despair.

Post by darkmage02 »

Another solid episode, with minor criticisms here and there.

So I guess Daiji's not gonna turn dark. Or maybe he still will, through some other means. They play it like he's really jealous of Ikki's ability to henshin in one instance, then going totally bro with him in the next. Kinda confusing.
I like the sibling rivalry/tension between Ikki & Daiji, lot's of story potential there. I don't know if the writers will ever dive right into it, but one can hope.

I especially like how the writers weave in the MOTW story into character building. That's some good writing there, and not let the MOTW story being nothing but pushing new forms and being easily forgettable. We got to see Ikki shake off his reluctance and we also got to see him understand his brother more, ending with him strengthening his resolve to be Revice. They're definitely planting seeds for a future storyline with Ikki disappearing from the photo, I hope the payoff to that will be good. Vice also seems to know a lot more than he let on.

As for Ayaka's story itself, it wasn't particularly believable how the mother said she loves Ayaka very much, but literally brushes her aside in every instance we saw. Granted, we're seeing it from Ayaka's perspective so maybe it's more skewed towards what she believes in, but I still find it hard to believe when Ayaka got kidnapped and the mother act like it's no big deal. We also never really got to see the sister's reaction to all this. Surely she's not gonna be happy that she got dropped off the roof and almost died. We got a believable setup, but not so much on the conclusion.

Aguillera steals the show whenever she's around. I think I'm in love.

Quite a cool collection you got there, George. I'm kinda envious lol. I wonder what's the in-world explanation for the other Riders will be. Maybe they're gonna pull a meta move and say that the other Riders are just TV series for kids and George got his inspiration from there.

Given that we have more than 30 main Riders of the past, will we have that many Remix forms as well? God.... I hope not.

Overall, I like the story telling, the character building, the darker theme, the mysteries, and the plot setup. The CGI left little to be desired, but it didn't take away too much from the enjoyment of the series so far.

4/5 for this week's episode.
Complete. Start Up. 3. 2. 1. Time Out. Reformation.
msf232
Faiz
Dreamy: 민지여신
Favorite Band: Dreamcatcher
My boom: Nothing definite, changes from time to time
Type: ISTP Crafter

Post by msf232 »

That villain girl looked way better in that dress with the hat than her usual attire in my opinion
Finished:
Dairanger, Shinkenger, Kyoryuger–キングオージャー
Kuuga–Geats
Nexus, R/B
Ryukendo, Rescue Force
スパイダーマン
CH THE LIVE
Akibaranger, Akiba S痛
Wakusaver S2, Jyuukaizar
CPH GandD
CaptainTalon449
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider OOO
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: "This is our stage" -Kazuraba Kouta
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by CaptainTalon449 »

Anyone a bit concerned that Fenix is holding all of the Deadman victims so far? They have the golfer and caddie from the previous episode and now Ayaka
Ashki
Mega
Favorite series: no such thing
Dreamy: Mele
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Ashki »

So it looks like Daiji's going evil was a big setup. It also looks like the whole development thing may have been a setup as well, since FeniX is taking care of it now that Ikki signed the contract (which was my theory last week). At least they remembered that little subplot, which is more than I can say for the Ghost-with-Swords.

George is making it VERY obvious that we're dealing with Foundation X. Not only does he have a very intimate knowledge of the Showa Riders (remember that little plot about all the Riders being created out of evil from one of the movies - I think Wizard?) including the fact that a Rider Kick can revert a transformed victim back into a human, which was an ability used in several series.

I really liked the Ayaka thing, and honestly believe the mother's "apology" was to save the daughter she actually loved. I mean, she outright admits she loves the sister more and that hug was so forced... there was minimal contact.

Aguilera: I'm going to turn that girl into an Orphnok while looking sexy in a ball cap and she'll never be a normal human again.
George: Oh, just kick her and she'll be fine.
Me: Hey, can we get some Faiz references at some point?

Bonus points for a Remix that actually isn't horrible, then subtracting twice as many points for the horrible final fight that looked like JJ Abrams directed it.
CaptainTalon449 wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:08 pm Anyone a bit concerned that Fenix is holding all of the Deadman victims so far? They have the golfer and caddie from the previous episode and now Ayaka
What happens to a person when they no longer have an inner demon? Can they even function when they're totally without sin? And are these pure souls the actual sacrifices that the Deadmans need? If they can be used, it makes sense for Foundation X to hold onto them, not to mention they might somehow be weaponised once everyone discovers FeniX's true identity. And on a side note, I find it interesting that the mother was the4re. Maybe they're holding her too - or maybe she's hoping to get a really good slap in if her not-my-daughter ever wakes up.

Theory on the Ikki disappearing thing:
Spoiler
When Ikki signed the contract, he signed it with Foundation X which exists across multiple realities and (as usual) is behind the development of the Rider tech. The contract with Fenix is actually a variation of the advanced demon contract that will work more slowly and that's why Vice knows what's going on. This will eventually lead to Ikki turning into a demon ala OOO and - like Eiji - that transformation have a ripple effect. It's also possible we'll see Ikki become unstuck between realities much like Tsukasa due to his connection with Foundation X.
Final score: 4/5 due to the horrible CGI fight with wonky camera angles.

And they'd BETTER do a followup to this since Ikki had a personal connection to Ayaka and it was clear she had feelings for him as well.
Fave | Least Fave Series so far
KR: AgitΩ or Zero-One | Drive
SS: unsure | Maskman
UM: Nexus | Ultra Q
Sentai: Akiballion: Battlemaids of Akihabara | Buddha Man
Other Toku: possibly Shinigami no Ballad | probably Sci-Rop
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Wait, Ayaka is a love interest in a Kamen Rider series? Run, Ayaka, run!
SVNBob
Go Go!
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by SVNBob »

Re: the photo: I think everyone has it backwards.

I don't think we saw Ikki disappear from the photo when Vice was looking at it. I think he wasn't in the photo to begin with, and Vice saw it as it really is.

When Ikki looks at it, he projects himself into it because he's both proud and jealous Daiji was able to fulfill his dream when Ikki could not. It's the jealousy involved that allows Vice, Ikki's dark side, to see the truth.

Return to “Kamen Rider Revice”