Kamen Rider Revice 12 Discussion thread

All that exists in my heart is cholesterol...

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Dec 12, 2021 10:56 pm

★★★★★
67%
★★★★
33%
★★★
No votes
★★
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 9
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Kamen Rider Revice 12 Discussion thread

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Rating for last episode: 4.22 / 5 stars (9 votes)

I wonder what Aguilera's fascination with Sakura is. Is it just she wants someone to have girl talk with?

George, when you dispose of a belt, you have to do it properly. Also love the image of Aguilera just rooting through George's garbage

I like Hiromi, but that drive by characterization/back story was super lame

Huh? What stamp was Hiromi trying to use that backfired so much?

Sakura's eyes are so red. Is that because she had to fake crying?

Why does her belt build a cage? Interesting that her animal is Cobra since Ko-bu-ra and Ra-bu/love share syllables. And the ja from Jeanne is the Japanese way of pronouncing "snake". Like Kamen Rider Ouja means Kamen Rider King Snake for example.

The snake familiar is cute

Not sure if I like Jeanne's design. Don't like the colors or design. Out of this series, Hiromi's Demons is the only Rider that's really cool to me. Sorry Igarashi siblings!

Was Jeanne's true strength supposed to be faster? That entire scene feels like it was meant to be sped up

While I'm excited for Sakura to be a Kamen Rider, her debut episode wasn't really all that much to get excited about. Besides that weird green screen group fight that ended in a spinning bird kick, I'm not sure if she did anything notable? Probably could have used a good theme song to mark her entrance

But still, I think Jeanne has a lot of potential. Demons just looks the best and seems like an interesting dude in general. I want to see more from Jeanne. Revice is the hero. And Live is kind of the boring middle sibling left to pick up whatever roles are left. 4 out of 5 stars for me

So we're almost at episode 13. This is around when Ex-Aid started getting dark with Lazer getting killed off and when Zero-One started entering the awful job competition with Zaia. Here, we've just introduced a fourth Kamen Rider, the third sibling. Will the story start picking up from here now that all the players are in position?

How are y'all finding Revice so far? Are you guys liking the show?
Aeikozz
Faiz
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Smart Brain Lady
Favorite Band: Bennie K
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Re: Kamen Rider Revice 12 Discussion thread

Post by Aeikozz »

I got a new kamen rider to favorite. took them long enough.

I still feel like they didn't need to turn this into a two parter though. But whatever more fleshed out character not complaining.

Sakura so great >_< so awesome so steki....
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Just to confirm, Jeanne is totally based on Ghost right? The little sister thing, the snake looking like that Eyecon mascot. I didn't see it mentioned on pixiv, but it seems like an obvious conclusion to me
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

takenoko wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:28 am Just to confirm, Jeanne is totally based on Ghost right? The little sister thing, the snake looking like that Eyecon mascot. I didn't see it mentioned on pixiv, but it seems like an obvious conclusion to me
that's the impression I get, yeah. she also looks like she's wearing a jacket, just drooping off her shoulders.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

If that's the case, are Evil/Live supposed to be a reference to something? Demons kind of reminds me of Meteor
MaxHazard
Infinity

Post by MaxHazard »

takenoko wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:56 pm
Huh? What stamp was Hiromi trying to use that backfired so much?
He is using batta stamp, I think he is trying to use use 2 stamps at the same time, which we can see not working at the moment

Not sure if I like Jeanne's design. Don't like the colors or design. Out of this series, Hiromi's Demons is the only Rider that's really cool to me. Sorry Igarashi siblings!
You mean the t-rex that appear in 1st episode?

Sakura's demon is so cute.... 100% sure they will sell it as a plush toy
Mandalori
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Dreamy: Koyomi / Rian
Quote: Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Favorite Super Sentai : Goseiger / Kyoryuuger / ToQger / Kyuuranger
Favorite Kamen Rider : Wizard / Gaim / Ex-Aid / Build / Zero-One
Favorite Garo : Yami Wo Terasu Mono / Gold Storm Shou / Kami No Kiba

Post by Mandalori »

No, he mean his current Rider form, which is called Demons.

I'm pretty sure Sakura's arc was built that way so they could justify a cute plush toy running around while everyone else is fighting monsters, because the main goal of the show is still to sell toys and now they're expanding their target demographic to young girls (the primary target being young boys, yes, we're not the target, which is why so many of you are always complaining about the shows).

So far, that show is good.
Mighty Action X
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate
Quote: "Fast means going slowly without interruptions."
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Mighty Action X »

Still waiting for Kagero's devil form or are they gonna move forward with Evil being Kagero altogether.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Can't spell devil without evil, right?

Sometimes I look at Revi and go "that's almost Evil considering the l/r thing..."
msf232
Faiz
Dreamy: 민지여신
Favorite Band: Dreamcatcher
My boom: Nothing definite, changes from time to time
Type: ISTP Crafter

Post by msf232 »

Who's the stuntperson for Jeanne? Please tell me it's not Satoshi Fujita...
Finished:
Dairanger, Shinkenger, Kyoryuger–キングオージャー
Kuuga–Geats
Nexus, R/B
Ryukendo, Rescue Force
スパイダーマン
CH THE LIVE
Akibaranger, Akiba S痛
Wakusaver S2, Jyuukaizar
CPH GandD
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

msf232 wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:31 am Who's the stuntperson for Jeanne? Please tell me it's not Satoshi Fujita...
Ooh, I actually learned about that this week when working on the wiki. Her stunt person is Miyazawa Yuki:
https://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Miyazawa_Yuki

Her best known role besides Jeanne is Sabela from Saber
Thenosa Yechette
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Super Sentai.
Type: INTP Architect
Location: A backwater place in this backwater planet(according to Agent Abrera)

Post by Thenosa Yechette »

This episode was good. Was There were moments where I was confused, some moments were disappointing, but overall, it's good.

So this is probably weird, but I'm really glad to see Sakura wear pants in this episode. It's just the leading female characters in Toei tokusatsu mostly wear either shorts or skirts or leggings/stockings with skirts/shorts. So it's refreshing to see someone (someone other than Yua that is) wear pants for once.

I didn't exactly get what happened in the dojo and how she finally transformed. What did she do that it worked this time but didn't work in her previous attempts? All I could tell was that a shadow(which I'm guessing is the snake stuffed animal) rose from the ground, and then Sakura saw it and smiled at it. But why did it work this time? Was it because she finally acknowledged her demon/weakness or is it because of something else? Also, that crying scene was bad. I cringed after Sakura started sobbing. That was just... Bad.

The snake stuffed animal is ugly. I think they were being lazy about the design.

The scene near the end where Sakura is talking with the snake is kinda cute.

So, now we have Ikki's inner demon and Sakura's inner demon. We have also seen Daiji's demon Kagerou. They can't destroy the inner demons, can they? They defeated Kagerou previously, but that doesn't mean that they destroyed him, right? I think that Kagerou hasn't been destroyed, but was weakened instead. Daiji overcame Kagerou, and now Kagerou isn't so strong or dominant anymore. Which is also why his Rider suit isn't just black and mint green colored anymore and has a good amount of white. That's my guess, cuz the whole thing about transforming in Revice is forming a contract with one's inner demon. That should mean that they can't destroy their inner demon otherwise they shouldn't be able to transform. This is the only way it could make sense to me.
Mighty Action X wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:53 am Still waiting for Kagero's devil form or are they gonna move forward with Evil being Kagero altogether.
That is what I guessed. That suit looks very evil and scary.
takenoko wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:56 pm I wonder what  Aguilera's fascination with Sakura is. Is it just she wants someone to have girl talk with?
I think it's because she thinks Sakura is an easy target and she could easily get her to switch over to their side.
Sakura's eyes are so red. Is that because she had to fake crying?
Isn't that what they are supposed to do? And shouldn't her eyes be red generally if she cries?
takenoko wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:56 pm Not sure if I like Jeanne's design. Don't like the colors or design.
I agree. The design isn't great. Specifically, the shape around the leg part is odd. Although I think the transformation sequence is kinda nice. The blue liquid part is cool. I think the cage at the beginning and how it breaks has something to do with liberating the snake(i.e Sakura's inner demon) from the the black front part of her belt. That's what her belt says right, "Liberal Up"?
I like Live's suit though. The color combination is interesting and the armor design is cool.
While I'm excited for Sakura to be a Kamen Rider, her debut episode wasn't really all that much to get excited about. Besides that weird green screen group fight that ended in a spinning bird kick, I'm not sure if she did anything notable? Probably could have used a good theme song to mark her entrance
I think the hype reduced more because they stretched out the arc too much and the debut episode fell short. I would've liked to hear a new song though. Hoping Sakura gets a character song, that would be sweet. The heroine of the series, who is also regular female Rider has a (hopefully good sounding) character song- sounds so cool to me!
And Live is kind of the boring middle sibling left to pick up whatever roles are left.
Being in the middle makes things worse in so many ways. That's one reason why I liked the Kagerou arc. I'm not a middle child, but I could totally understand why Daiji would feel left out and overshadowed.
How are y'all finding Revice so far? Are you guys liking the show?
Not bad. Even though it's mostly just character focus episodes at this point. Sure, I don't really feel the the story going anywhere, yet. But I think it's more immersive to me than its current Super Hero Time partner. Specifically now that Jeanne is here. Though they're kinda making too many movies for Revice I think. 12 episodes and we already got a short Revice movie(the sole purpose of which as far as I can understand is to debut the Megalodon form) along with SH Senki. And the Beyond Generations movie is releasing this Saturday. Did they do it like this for previous seasons too or is it the "50th anniversary treatment", to overdose the fans with movies from the very beginning?
Thenosa :)

Finished watching:
SS:
Dekaranger
Boukenger
Shinkenger-Ninnninger
Lupinranger VS Patranger-Zenkaiger
Akibaranger
KR:
Kiva
Build
Zero-One -Revice
Misc:
Ryuukendo
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

>So this is probably weird, but I'm really glad to see Sakura wear pants in this episode. It's just the leading female characters in Toei tokusatsu mostly wear either shorts or skirts or leggings/stockings with skirts/shorts. So it's refreshing to see someone (someone other than Yua that is) wear pants for once.

The cynic in me thinks it's just because she sat on the jungle gym. If she were wearing something short it'd just be upskirts

>What did she do that it worked this time but didn't work in her previous attempts? All I could tell was that a shadow(which I'm guessing is the snake stuffed animal) rose from the ground, and then Sakura saw it and smiled at it. But why did it work this time?

I'm not sure why either? If there was an epiphany, it wasn't super clearly conveyed

>The snake stuffed animal is ugly. I think they were being lazy about the design.

I'll give it the benefit of the doubt, I think it's pretty cute XD

>Isn't that what they are supposed to do? And shouldn't her eyes be red generally if she cries?

Yeah. But I meant in real life. That wasn't like makeup right?

>That's what her belt says right, "Liberal Up"? I like Live's suit though. The color combination is interesting and the armor design is cool.

lol. I think it's Liberty Up, which is supposed to sound a bit like buddy up

>I think the hype reduced more because they stretched out the arc too much and the debut episode fell short. I would've liked to hear a new song though. Hoping Sakura gets a character song, that would be sweet. The heroine of the series, who is also regular female Rider has a (hopefully good sounding) character song- sounds so cool to me!

Hopefully it's in the works, but just got delayed. Definitely should have had something ready for this one

>Not bad. Even though it's mostly just character focus episodes at this point. Sure, I don't really feel the the story going anywhere, yet. But I think it's more immersive to me than its current Super Hero Time partner. Specifically now that Jeanne is here.

I just wonder where it'll go from here. Hopefully the plot becomes better now that they have all the characters set up
Mikadius
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Mikadius »

takenoko wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:18 pm >What did she do that it worked this time but didn't work in her previous attempts? All I could tell was that a shadow(which I'm guessing is the snake stuffed animal) rose from the ground, and then Sakura saw it and smiled at it. But why did it work this time?

I'm not sure why either? If there was an epiphany, it wasn't super clearly conveyed
Well that's because she accepted her true self and obtained power of persona inner demon, duh
jok3.14
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Favorite series: No particular answer, maybe Drive and Ghost
2nd Favorite Series: No particular answer
Dreamy: No particular answer
Favorite Actor?: No particular answer
Favorite Band: No particular answer
My boom: Car, also I'm currently known as adak_rms, I can't change my name here.
Type: INFP Healer

Post by jok3.14 »

MaxHazard wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:32 am
Sakura's demon is so cute.... 100% sure they will sell it as a plush toy
That aged well.
https://tokullectibles.com/products/giant-lovekov-plush

Return to “Kamen Rider Revice”