Zenkaiger 38 discussion thread

Covid Sentai Singleranger
Forum rules

Zenkaiger Wiki Link

< Kiramei | Kikai Sentai Zenkaiger | DonBro >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Mon Dec 20, 2021 7:16 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
50%
☆☆☆☆
13%
☆☆☆
38%
☆☆
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 8
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Zenkaiger 38 discussion thread

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Last Zenkaiger's rating: 3.83 of 5 (6 votes)

LOL at Stacee unsmiling in the g-rosso cm. Probably has to stay in character

That takoyaki kikainoid sure has it rough

Wait. Stacee's mom confirmed dead? You know, at episode 40, it seems like we should know way more about Stacee, his mom, and their relationship

Wait, what is this perspective in the pirate ship. I thought the disc was on a floor, not floating in the air like that. What???

Did they build Zyuran's grandparent out of old Zyuran suit parts? Scene takes place in front of Fursato Town Hall, Furusato being the Japanese word for "home town"

Cool filming location between Stacee and his mom in the trees

LOL Kaito on top of Stacee

Another Vroom splitting joke already

What? Why did Kaito run off. He had his dad

Luna, why are the horses veggies?

Why a theme song during the robo battle? It's not a particular cool moment, just kaiju's usual stock footage

Is this the first time we've seen Bokkowasu come out of the ground? What was he, in storage?

Kind of an interesting concept for a story. Not sure I like the implications that they've basically found a way to communicate with the dead any time they want

I'm getting extremely impatient with the writer for withholding Stacee's backstory. How can his mom appear in an episode and they have no meaningful conversations or explanation of how she died or what happened with the dad, or how did she end up marrying Barashitara? Why does the guy have so many wives? Did he kidnap them as part of his war conquest? Is he some sort of romantic (doesn't seem like the type?). It's such a weird backstory that appears to have NO thought given to it, which I'm finding extremely frustrating

The only saving grace really is Kaito saving Stacee, Stacee feeling empathy for Kaito, and Stacee realizing that Hakaizer is his only friend, but that he's being selfish and being like his despicable father by keeping him for himself. Despite this being good, kind of a mediocre episode story and laughswise. 3/5 stars. Again, with more tighter writing and some more jokes, this episode could have been a 5-star banger, but not this time I guess
Thenosa Yechette
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Super Sentai.
Type: INTP Architect
Location: A backwater place in this backwater planet(according to Agent Abrera)

Re: Zenkaiger 38 discussion thread

Post by Thenosa Yechette »

Another not good, not bad, in the middle of nowhere episode. They kept Zox busy with his own clash of authority with his ancestor, that wasn't so fun....
takenoko wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:16 pm What? Why did Kaito run off. He had his dad
Looks like they'll keep fighting randomly like that until the writers decide that it's time to bring the parents back home.
takenoko wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:16 pm I'm getting extremely impatient with the writer for withholding Stacee's backstory. How can his mom appear in an episode and they have no meaningful conversations or explanation of how she died or what happened with the dad, or how did she end up marrying Barashitara? Why does the guy have so many wives? Did he kidnap them as part of his war conquest? Is he some sort of romantic (doesn't seem like the type?). It's such a weird backstory that appears to have NO thought given to it, which I'm finding extremely frustrating
Does anyone other than me find Stacey's character confusing and annoying, as a whole? Starting from his outfit, to story to backstory and basically everything? Also, they should stop prioritizing Stacee over the main characters already. I get that Stacey is famous in Japan, and the producers love the actor, but he isn't supposed to be more important than the main Sentai team...!! He can't steal the focus from the characters ALL SEASON!!
And I don't even want to talk about Barashitara and how he got married to Stacee's mom, or any of that. It's all a neverending loop of thoughts for me.... The characters in Zenkaiger don't really have that much of an impact on me..... I never cared, nor do I care now.... Sometimes the Goldtsuikers are fun (mostly just Zox).

The next episode seems fun. Wonder what happens then....
Last edited by Thenosa Yechette on Thu Dec 09, 2021 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thenosa :)

Finished watching:
SS:
Dekaranger
Boukenger
Shinkenger-Ninnninger
Lupinranger VS Patranger-Zenkaiger
Akibaranger
KR:
Kiva
Build
Zero-One -Revice
Misc:
Ryuukendo
msf232
Faiz
Dreamy: 민지여신
Favorite Band: Dreamcatcher
My boom: Nothing definite, changes from time to time
Type: ISTP Crafter

Post by msf232 »

Stacee's mom's actress had to be in three places at once in that jungle scene. Might've been rough
Finished:
Dairanger, Shinkenger, Kyoryuger–キングオージャー
Kuuga–Geats
Nexus, R/B
Ryukendo, Rescue Force
スパイダーマン
CH THE LIVE
Akibaranger, Akiba S痛
Wakusaver S2, Jyuukaizar
CPH GandD
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Thenosa Yechette wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 3:51 am Does anyone other than me find Stacey's character confusing and annoying, as a whole? Starting from his outfit, to story to backstory and basically everything? Also, they should stop prioritizing Stacee over the main characters already. I get that Stacey is famous in Japan, and the producers love the actors, but he isn't supposed to be more important than the main Sentai team...!! He can't steal the focus from the characters ALL SEASON!!
And I don't even want to talk about Barashitara and how he got married to Stacee's mom, or any of that. It's all a neverending loop of thoughts for me.... The characters in Zenkaiger don't really have that much of an impact on me..... I never cared, nor do I care now.... Sometimes the Goldtsuikers are fun (mostly just Zox).

The next episode seems fun. Wonder what happens then....
Maybe, but the heroes this time aren't very exciting. I don't think any of them have had any character growth outside maybe Zox
Thenosa Yechette
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Super Sentai.
Type: INTP Architect
Location: A backwater place in this backwater planet(according to Agent Abrera)

Post by Thenosa Yechette »

takenoko wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 8:28 am Maybe, but the heroes this time aren't very exciting. I don't think any of them have had any character growth outside maybe Zox
The only thing I can remember as character growth of one of the Zenkaigers is probably when Gaoon stopped hating Kikainoids and machines. I think that stood out to me because I found it weird for him to hate his own kind(although I don't blame him, those robots are freaking boring and annoying for the most bit).
Thenosa :)

Finished watching:
SS:
Dekaranger
Boukenger
Shinkenger-Ninnninger
Lupinranger VS Patranger-Zenkaiger
Akibaranger
KR:
Kiva
Build
Zero-One -Revice