Ryusoulger Legacy of Master's Soul 02 discussion thread

Another dinosaur Sentai???
Forum rules

Ryusoulger Wiki Link

< LVSP | Kishiryuu Sentai Ryusoulger | Kiramager >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Ryusoulger Legacy of Master's Soul 02 discussion thread

Post by takenoko »

<Previous
Wiki
Next >

Matsuda Kenji kind of shocked me since he looks like a bum here. But taking a closer look, he's not bad looking for 50

Looks at the clock, 5 minutes in. All this stuff with Hana's backstory is pretty heavy. Is this really going to be resolved in 15 minutes? I'm digging it all though. Mayu's actress is pretty fun to watch

Everyone has such cool swords in this special

Asuna is so good here. It reminds me of why she's one of the better points of Ryusoulger

I forget what happened to the Ryusoulger village after episode 1. Do all these side characters just die off after the masters do?

Master Blue looking very gallant saving Mayu

What? Who's Hiragi?

Mayu, if that's a fake, don't risk your life trying to keep it from the madman with a sword

LOL Hana cheering for the Minusaur

I still think we're being fed red herrings about whoever created the Minusaur. Hana and Nire are too obvious. Still think it's Mayu

But yeah, another great episode. And we get a third? You're spoiling us Toei. (Can we also get a Yodonna part 3 as well?)
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Re: Ryusoulger Legacy of Master's Soul 02 discussion thread

Post by Lunagel »

Hiragi was mentioned like once in episode 1, he's Hana's dad (you're forgiven for forgetting, I did too lol)

Iirc the Ryusoul village was destroyed after like episode 1 or 2 but they kinda implied everyone escaped okay, just had to go elsewhere.

Ffs why wasn't the show about these three?
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Dang, this is good stuff. I won't go off on too much of a tangent here, but Super Sentai has clearly lowered its aim to a younger target demographic over the years. Even though these specials are actually fairly light on the toku part of tokusatsu, this is a good example of how you can still make a good, drama-centric tokusatsu production.

Anyhow, we finally get our Asuna appearance. And while I'm a bit disappointed we didn't get to see her "freak strength" in action (even here it tends to be more of an informed attribute), we do get to see her other strength: heart. Or at the very least, not being a jealous, aggressive, and overly competitive student like Isuka. It pays off to not be a jerk.

But it's also understandable, to a degree. All of the training, and yet there can be only one Pink Ryusoulger - and despite her skill, she wasn't going to be it.

Meanwhile, Mayu's secret motivation is that she's in love with Master Blue? Maybe that's how it is with every generation; the Blue Ryusoulger always ends up with some woman crushing on him? What is it with this series and women going after men hundreds of years older than them?! :lol:

At the very least, that explains the odd moment between the two in episode 1. I think in retrospect it may have been foreshadowed a little too strongly (the musical cue) for what it turned out to be, but I also realize that some things need forced along given the limited runtime of the special.

And that leaves us a whole episode to wrap up Hana's story. Along with explaining what the heck Nire is all about. Master Red, just what did you do?!
takenoko wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 1:36 am Looks at the clock, 5 minutes in. All this stuff with Hana's backstory is pretty heavy. Is this really going to be resolved in 15 minutes?
It takes some liberties with the plot to fit everything in. But I'm impressed they're getting through so much so quickly without it feeling rushed.
I'm digging it all though. Mayu's actress is pretty fun to watch
To be fair, she's the only one of the three who's not a sociopath. Isuka is a hyper-competitive jerk, and Hana is out for bloody vengeance. Mayu, by comparison, is polite, relatively happy, and has her act together.
Everyone has such cool swords in this special
Swords, as in plural? Other than the standard Ryusoulger swords, the only other sword design I saw was Nire's; he has one, and Isuka had one. Was there another sword I missed?
What? Who's Hiragi?
That tripped me up first as well, since he's never been fully introduced. He's Hana's father, Master Red seemingly killed him, and he had some kind of relationship with Nire. Presumably, all of that is the focus for the next episode.
Mayu, if that's a fake, don't risk your life trying to keep it from the madman with a sword
Right? That's been one of the only idiot ball moments in an otherwise tight series. :lol:
I still think we're being fed red herrings about whoever created the Minusaur. Hana and Nire are too obvious. Still think it's Mayu
As much as I don't trust the smart ones, it really feels like they've settled the scores for Mayu and Isuka at this point. If anything, the big twist would be to make it Master Red's, since clearly whatever happened in the past was not a good time for him.
And we get a third? You're spoiling us Toei. (Can we also get a Yodonna part 3 as well?)
But we have to wait another month. It won't be out until December 26th! :cry:
Lunagel wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:48 am Iirc the Ryusoul village was destroyed after like episode 1 or 2 but they kinda implied everyone escaped okay, just had to go elsewhere.
Yeah, it was one of the weak points on Ryusoulger. They had this whole long-living civilization that was displaced but not really destroyed, but we only ever hear from them a couple of times. I've always assumed the writers wanted to avoid the "last survivors of a fallen civilization trope", but didn't quite reason through the ramifications of leaving the Ryusoul tribe alive.
Ffs why wasn't the show about these three?
I hear you. As nice as it would be, unfortunately this story definitely isn't selling toys.
Thenosa Yechette
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Super Sentai.
Type: INTP Architect
Location: A backwater place in this backwater planet(according to Agent Abrera)

Post by Thenosa Yechette »

So this was just excellent! Why do they put more effort into writing these small TTCF dramas than writing the actual series again? By any chance, do they earn more from TTFC than the original TV series, (and by that I mean the TV ratings and viewership and not the toy sales)?

Mayu, I wish you had a different motivation and not quit training. I would've appreciated seeing more female Ryusoulgers in the actual team. And who wouldn't have preferred more female knights?
Also, I had a hunch from that musical interlude that there might have been something romantic between the two somehow. I wish my hunch wasn't correct. And are they indicating that Master Blue likes Master Pink? I can't explain that "Master has someone else" scene any other way than that.
takenoko wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 1:36 am Asuna is so good here. It reminds me of why she's one of the better points of Ryusoulger
Am I the only one who likes Isuka better than Asuna here? A reformed Isuka would've made a much better character than Asuna, imo. I actually almost found myself crying at the scene between Master Pink and Isuka.
takenoko wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 1:36 am I forget what happened to the Ryusoulger village after episode 1. Do all these side characters just die off after the masters do?
Why did they decide to make these specials and characters a whole year and a half after the series ended? I would've preferred to see Isuka and Mayu as recurring characters in the series along with Nada. Why did they have to make the potential Ryusoulger candidates better than the actual Ryusoulger team members for the Red, Blue and Pink Ryusoulgers? sigh
takenoko wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 1:36 am Master Blue looking very gallant saving Mayu
Lol, there's a reason why she's in love with him after all. :lol:
takenoko wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 1:36 am LOL Hana cheering for the Minusaur
Dang! That man just saved her! Shouldn't she have more heart than that even if she's out for revenge? That's ungrateful of her..... :| :!:
takenoko wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 1:36 am I still think we're being fed red herrings about whoever created the Minusaur. Hana and Nire are too obvious. Still think it's Mayu
They're trying to indicate towards that fighting technique repeatedly. And going with that clue, until we know for sure exactly how many people know that technique, we can't say who is the host for that Minusaur.

Weird. Is there any rule that says that Asuna and the male Ryusoulger members can't be present in the same episode of this series? Because that's what seems to be happening....

And of course, I still wish that Ryusoulger was about these masters and these potential Ryusoulger candidates instead of the actual Ryusoulger team members. What happened to writers when they made the main 3 Ryusoulger characters? How can they be less likable than Nada, Mayu and Isuka? If they're making these specials, can they possibly make a Ryusoulger returns V-Cinema that takes place in an alternate reality where Nada, Mayu and Isuka are the main Ryusoulgers? Maybe someone should write a fanfiction about this.... :D Not me though... :oops:
And the train of wishful thinking and endless questions continues.......
Thenosa :)

Finished watching:
SS:
Dekaranger
Boukenger
Shinkenger-Ninnninger
Lupinranger VS Patranger-Zenkaiger
Akibaranger
KR:
Kiva
Build
Zero-One -Revice
Misc:
Ryuukendo
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

>Yeah, it was one of the weak points on Ryusoulger. They had this whole long-living civilization that was displaced but not really destroyed, but we only ever hear from them a couple of times. I've always assumed the writers wanted to avoid the "last survivors of a fallen civilization trope", but didn't quite reason through the ramifications of leaving the Ryusoul tribe alive.

That's probably it. There's no weight to anything that happened in the main series, so I just ended up not caring. Why care if the writers don't

>So this was just excellent! Why do they put more effort into writing these small TTCF dramas than writing the actual series again? By any chance, do they earn more from TTFC than the original TV series, (and by that I mean the TV ratings and viewership and not the toy sales)?

Probably? TTFC directly puts money into Toei's pockets, while the TV series probably depends on ads and toy sales for a probably waning viewership

>Weird. Is there any rule that says that Asuna and the male Ryusoulger members can't be present in the same episode of this series? Because that's what seems to be happening....

It's probably just conservation of timing/production/pacing. Which again, is pretty amazing compared to Toei's usual fare
The M
Infinity
Favorite series: Build
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Dreamy: Fumika Baba
Favorite Actor?: Takeru Satoh
Favorite Band: EARNEST DRIVE
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Kamen Rider
Quote: "Now, shall we begin the experiment?"

Post by The M »

Of course Master Blue loves Master Pink. Didn't Mayu watched Sailor Moon?
Thenosa Yechette
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Super Sentai.
Type: INTP Architect
Location: A backwater place in this backwater planet(according to Agent Abrera)

Post by Thenosa Yechette »

The M wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:05 pm Of course Master Blue loves Master Pink. Didn't Mayu watched Sailor Moon?
Well, I didn't watch Sailor Moon (none of it, at all). So count me surprised and not being able to catch any of those Sailor Moon references..... :?: :?: :shock: :? :!: :|
Thenosa :)

Finished watching:
SS:
Dekaranger
Boukenger
Shinkenger-Ninnninger
Lupinranger VS Patranger-Zenkaiger
Akibaranger
KR:
Kiva
Build
Zero-One -Revice
Misc:
Ryuukendo
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Thenosa Yechette wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:23 am
The M wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:05 pm Of course Master Blue loves Master Pink. Didn't Mayu watched Sailor Moon?
Well, I didn't watch Sailor Moon (none of it, at all). So count me surprised and not being able to catch any of those Sailor Moon references..... :?: :?: :shock: :? :!: :|
Oh, when Master Blue jokes that pink's special move is Moon something something that's also a Sailor Moon reference XD. It's cool that they're working again since they were like teenagers when they first started
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

So did Toei ever release part 3 of this?
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

ViRGE wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 2:08 am So did Toei ever release part 3 of this?
Yep, but on the 24th of December and I have been a holiday slug. I'll get back to work on my backlog on Monday
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Lunagel wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 5:03 am
ViRGE wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 2:08 am So did Toei ever release part 3 of this?
Yep, but on the 24th of December and I have been a holiday slug. I'll get back to work on my backlog on Monday
❤️

Return to “Kishiryuu Sentai Ryusoulger”