Kamen Rider Revice 20 Discussion thread

All that exists in my heart is cholesterol...

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Feb 13, 2022 9:17 pm

★★★★★
56%
★★★★
33%
★★★
No votes
★★
No votes
11%

Total votes: 9
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Kamen Rider Revice 20 Discussion thread

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Last episode rating: 4.33 of 5 stars (6 votes)

I like Hiromi, but the guy can't fight if he's half dead. The guy really needs a W in his column

Is Emperor Palpatine new? I don't remember Deadmans having a leader besides our usual group

Tamaki, I like you, but I don't think Aguilllera is into you

How does Ikki know about this doctor? Man, she has a lot of monitors

Karizaki better be the final bad guy

Huh, I thought they were going to reveal that Chigusa was only pretending to be a traitor, but I guess she really had lost faith in FeniX

What's with the form show case? I noticed no opening theme. Is this a major battle?

Why didn't Orteka die?

I dunno, while this felt like it should have been a weighty episode with everything going on, it just didn't feel that way for me. I did like the joke of Vice taking off his mask at last

Preview:
Oh, looks like we're finally learning what's going on with Sakura's neighbor

What a surprise, Orteka got away. I keep saying, you should have killed him

Pretty sad, looks like death flags for Hiromi

WTF is that Terui Ryuu?

Commercials

Is it time for a new Precure already? The new Precure sounds familiar

I hear the new Pokemon is based on Hokkaido

I liked the McDonalds commercial about how kids don't like eating their vegetables lol
Edit: Also, why are they using teh Addam's Family song for this commercial?

Edit edit: I guess I'm frustrated because Chigusa saw something so bad that she betrayed Fenix. But didn't tell her friends what that secret is so they could join her. But also also, it made her decide joining Orteka was a good idea, which is incredibly stupid since she knows that Orteka is a super traitorous dude. It's the kind of argument that always makes you wonder why the Joker has any henchmen. Catch the guy in a bad mood and he'll kill you for fun
Thenosa Yechette
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Super Sentai.
Type: INTP Architect
Location: A backwater place in this backwater planet(according to Agent Abrera)

Re: Kamen Rider Revice 20 Discussion thread

Post by Thenosa Yechette »

Good episode considering they revealed a few old mysteries.

R. I. P. Chigusa. I wish they had saved her. But at least we had her around for one more episode, so that was nice. And how did she not know that she'll get stamped by the Gifu Stamp for the showdown with Hiromi? I wasn't very surprised.
I also wish we get to see more female Fenix members in the future.

Hiromi's driver itself is a demon. So where's his own inner demon? And did he not know previously that being a Rider would involve demons? Maybe not one eating his own life, but still, he should've known.

Why are they continuously killing off so many members of Fenix and other people too, that's sad... I think there are more casualties in here than in Saber.

So the doctor who had kept the dad under observation was clearly not a dentist. Then why would he be under the misunderstanding that he has a cavity. To take a step further, he's eating senbei to prove/disprove it.

They overdid the sweat part in Sakura's Karate practicing scene. As far as I know, girls sweat less than boys.

This episode is the first time I ever liked George's sense of humor. Other times, I found him annoying. But I'm confused, is he a good guy or a bad guy?

Ikki and Sakura just let Aguilera have the Gifu Stamp? She is still not completely good like Tamaki. Then why?

I liked the background music in this episode.

Wow, Vice has a removable mask? Lol....

I hope the story finally picks up the pace in the next episode. We'll get to know whatever is up with the weird and creepy family. And of course there's another underground evil organization!  How predictable. Revice is filled with organizations. And apparently even the only good one is also evil.
takenoko wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:17 pm I like Hiromi, but the guy can't fight if he's half dead. The guy really needs a W in his column
What do you mean by 'W'?
takenoko wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:17 pm Is Emperor Palpatine new? I don't remember Deadmans having a leader besides our usual group
He is definitely new as far as I can tell. We never knew who got Orteca involved in the first place. So this guy who formed the Deadmans is a new character.
takenoko wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:17 pm Tamaki, I like you, but I don't think Aguilllera is into you
I'm pretty sure Tamaki knows that too. And he definitely knows that his feelings won't be returned, but I think he at least wants her to be separated from her demon like him since he has realized the error in his ways.
takenoko wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:17 pm Edit edit: I guess I'm frustrated because Chigusa saw something so bad that she betrayed Fenix. But didn't tell her friends what that secret is so they could join her.
As disappointing and annoying as that is, I predicted that. That's how they do things in Revice. Take it... Slow.... One tiny puzzle piece at a time. They won't reveal the secret about Fenix for at least 10-15 more episodes, I guess. So I have prepared myself for an annoyingly slow-paced story.
Thenosa :)

Finished watching:
SS:
Dekaranger
Boukenger
Shinkenger-Ninnninger
Lupinranger VS Patranger-Zenkaiger
Akibaranger
KR:
Kiva
Build
Zero-One -Revice
Misc:
Ryuukendo
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

>Hiromi's driver itself is a demon. So where's his own inner demon? And did he not know previously that being a Rider would involve demons? Maybe not one eating his own life, but still, he should've known.

I thought he killed it early on? I honestly wasn't paying too much attention to him at first

>Why are they continuously killing off so many members of Fenix and other people too, that's sad... I think there are more casualties in here than in Saber.

I dunno, the tone of this show is all over the place

>So the doctor who had kept the dad under observation was clearly not a dentist.

No idea what's going on with the dad. It's so random

>Wow, Vice has a removable mask? Lol....

It is the age of corona
takenoko wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:17 pm I like Hiromi, but the guy can't fight if he's half dead. The guy really needs a W in his column
What do you mean by 'W'?

He needs a "win". Besides his cool intro, he's had a really crappy Rider arc. And it sucks since he has like the best suit design in the show
Thenosa Yechette
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster

takenoko wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 1:52 pm >Wow, Vice has a removable mask? Lol....
It is the age of corona
Yeah, I knew that. But, I didn't think Vice has a face behind those drawn lips and teeth.
takenoko wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 1:52 pm He needs a "win". Besides his cool intro, he's had a really crappy Rider arc. And it sucks since he has like the best suit design in the show
Ohhhh.... I agree. With whatever has happened so far, I can't say I like Hiromi's character. He hasn't actually done anything significant, unless you want to count the getting promoted to the Fenix commander one(which I won't count, since that was just to replace Wakabayashi and he didn't actually do anything to earn it).

Finished watching:
SS:
Dekaranger
Boukenger
Shinkenger-Ninnninger
Akibaranger
KR:
Kiva
Build
Zero-One -Revice
Misc:
Ryuukendo
MaxHazard
Infinity

Post by MaxHazard »

Thenosa Yechette wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:22 am
Hiromi's driver itself is a demon. So where's his own inner demon? And did he not know previously that being a Rider would involve demons? Maybe not one eating his own life, but still, he should've known.
Gone in the first episode, when he try to become Revice but end up release Rex Demon and fainted
MaxHazard
Infinity

Post by MaxHazard »

takenoko wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:17 pm
Why didn't Orteka die?
Same thing goes to Tamaki, because the power of Revice Volcano Genome form

Well, they will be dead if Ikki use Barid Rex Genome
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Oh, then Ikki should have killed the dude instead of saving him
er_force
I am the new #2
I am the new #2

Post by er_force »

takenoko wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:17 pm What do you mean by 'W'?
LOL .. Wictory !!

Will he an upgraded kamen rider ? Or next will be his last performance ?
Ashki
Mega
Favorite series: no such thing
Dreamy: Mele
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Ashki »

Well, I've been begging for the moment when Vice finally removes the mask, and apparently his face is so hideous they can't show it on TV. That's kind of a fun but frustrating "reveal".

I like that they chose to work with Aguillera, since she actually has pure motives (if misguided). I have a fe4el8ing we won't be seeing the Gifu stamp again for a while. Of course, it's obvious the only way to bring him back is for all who've ascended past the second level to lose their contracts, so her refusal to become human again is actually kind of self-defeating. At least they're doing something with her character that's in character and not leaving her sidelined or doing some strange and sudden personality shift for the sake of a plot twist.

As far as the man who founded the Deadmans, why am I the only one not surprised? I mean, we're not even halfway through and the Deadmans is all but finished, and Fenix isn't too far behind. Not to mention, the very first episode mentions the man who discovered the Gifu vistamp and then he just vanishes, seemingly without a trace. It makes sense for him to be the founder, rather than a bunch of barely-adults who were just kids when the vistamp was found.

My prediction is that the head of Fenix is also the mysterious founder of the Deadmans, considering his obvious interest in resurrecting Gifu and the recent reveal that defeating the Deadmans leaders is the means to awaken him.Without Fenix, Gifu couldn't be resurrected.

I also have a feeling there's more to that doctor. She's treated all of the Riders and also Ikki's father who just so happens to have no heart, then tells him he has a cavity (apparently). The missing heart will hopefully be explained in the next episode, but considering the three siblings all have highly evolved inner demons, I kind of wonder if the big reveal is that he has no heart because he's actually a demon himself (my backup theory is he's the actual guy who found the vistamp and his strange vidoes are some sort of message to the founders of the Deadmans if he himself isn't involved.

This show has a lot of flaws, but it's really starting to get good, and I actually like how they're dropping little hints at the real backstory and what the endgame might be instead of spoonfeeding usa bunch of stuff all at once. It adds some mystery and makes this feel a lot like an Amazon or GoBusters-style series where we're going to get two different story arcs with a connecting theme.
Fave | Least Fave Series so far
KR: AgitΩ or Zero-One | Drive
SS: unsure | Maskman
UM: Nexus | Ultra Q
Sentai: Akiballion: Battlemaids of Akihabara | Buddha Man
Other Toku: possibly Shinigami no Ballad | probably Sci-Rop
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Wait, the doctor treated Ikki's dad too? When was this? That totally went over my head

While looking back, what happened to the office lady talking to Orteka at the start of episode 17?
Thenosa Yechette
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster

Ashki wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:46 pm I also have a feeling there's more to that doctor. She's treated all of the Riders and also Ikki's father who just so happens to have no heart, then tells him he has a cavity (apparently). The missing heart will hopefully be explained in the next episode, but considering the three siblings all have highly evolved inner demons, I kind of wonder if the big reveal is that he has no heart because he's actually a demon himself (my backup theory is he's the actual guy who found the vistamp and his strange vidoes are some sort of message to the founders of the Deadmans if he himself isn't involved.
Hmmm, now that I think about it, the doctor did get more focus than any random doctor would. And I also think that the missing heart of the dad has some connections to him being evil/a devil.
The show's pace is slow, but I have hope that they will eventually give us a good story in the end. So I'm watching with that hope.

Finished watching:
SS:
Dekaranger
Boukenger
Shinkenger-Ninnninger
Akibaranger
KR:
Kiva
Build
Zero-One -Revice
Misc:
Ryuukendo
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

takenoko wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:17 pmCommercials

Is it time for a new Precure already? The new Precure sounds familiar
The new Precure isn't someone who would have been familiar since this is her first major role. There was a dessert theme Precure series years ago but this one is just food in general.
msf232
Faiz
Dreamy: 민지여신
Favorite Band: Dreamcatcher
My boom: Nothing definite, changes from time to time
Type: ISTP Crafter

Post by msf232 »

takenoko wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:17 pm Is Emperor Palpatine new? I don't remember Deadmans having a leader besides our usual group
Isn't this new guy...
Spoiler
...the same guy as the FeniX head whose name always escapes me? I mean they do the same thing with their hands
Finished:
Dairanger, Shinkenger, Kyoryuger–キングオージャー
Kuuga–Geats
Nexus, R/B
Ryukendo, Rescue Force
スパイダーマン
CH THE LIVE
Akibaranger, Akiba S痛
Wakusaver S2, Jyuukaizar
CPH GandD
takenoko
Team Baron