KR Revice The Movie discussion Thread

All that exists in my heart is cholesterol...
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Revice The Movie discussion Thread

Post by takenoko »

Wiki

So I finally got around to watching this

It's more or less a 20 minute fight scene. There's almost no story to speak of. It doesn't even have the character dynamic, with Daiji and Sakura only appearing for seconds each. I basically noped out of this the first time I watched it, because I could tell there would be no story implications

That said, I think this is where they introduce the Shark Vistamp. And it's the official first time you see Revi and Vice in action (outside of Super Hero Senki). But sadly, that just amounts to Vice doing his best annoying Momotaros impression while we show off Ikki's hot bod

Watch it if you have free time, but this is totally skippable

The movie ends with Ikki disappearing in the photo like Back to the Future. Still waiting for an explanation for that. It's like one of those series where they decide posing questions is more interesting than creating a story with satisfying answers
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Re: KR Revice The Movie discussion Thread

Post by Lunagel »

So would you say it's better or worse than the Saber movie with absolutely no plot and barely any story relevance?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: KR Revice The Movie discussion Thread

Post by takenoko »

Lunagel wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 10:26 pm So would you say it's better or worse than the Saber movie with absolutely no plot and barely any story relevance?
Saber movie is definitely better, because Taniguchi Masashi is fun to watch. Here, there's no story and there's no characters except proto-Ikki and proto-Vice. A fight scene without story to back it up is a hollow thing indeed

Return to “Kamen Rider Revice”