Kamen Rider Revice 21 Discussion thread

All that exists in my heart is cholesterol...

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Feb 20, 2022 11:14 pm

★★★★★
71%
★★★★
29%
★★★
No votes
★★
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 7
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Kamen Rider Revice 21 Discussion thread

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Last episode rating: 4.22 of 5 stars (9 votes)

No way, these weirdos are the ones who sent Sakura the driver?

Who are all these weirdo recruits in Weekend? Is this yet another cult?

Okay. Sakura's just going to take the dangerous Giff Stamp?

Sakura is set up to be a real decision maker so far. She's the only one who knows all the secrets of the different organizations. Oh, but I just saw that the Giff Stamp is a fake, so I guess not

Orteka isn't even restrained or imprisoned in any way?

To the surprise of no one, the director is evil

Hiromi you don't have to say your catchphrase while driving. Catchphrases are the worse

It's Hiromi, looking badass! Even though he kind of sucks, that scene of being a suffering Kamen Rider, who fights even though he can't transform, is why he's the best Rider in this series

Also, whew. He fell off a cliff. That means he's safe lol

Orteka leaves for no reason, despite winning

Still no answers about what's going on with the dad or what's up with the organization Weekend. Did anyone go and check on Hiromi?

Kind of a mixed bag as usual. The Hiromi "death scene" was real cool, despite being kind of clumsily executed? It's not like Hiromi drove Orteka off, thus saving the Igarashi siblings. Since Orteka can't kill the siblings (for story reasons) he probably would have just left anyway, which is what he does at the end of the episode for sloppy writing reasons. He just shoots Hiromi and Hiromi falls into the river or something. They were too lazy to show the river or have anyone look for him in this episode

So again it's my ambivalent feelings with Revice. The show has good stuff going for it with likeable and interesting characters, but not really interesting or momentous things for said characters to do. It has the Toei problem of feeling less like a story of things organically happening and less a list of plot points that they want to scratch off:
-Introduce Weekenders, but don't explain them. That's for later
-Have Sakura resolve to take back the Giff Stamp from Aguilera
-No wait, we need Orteka to give the Giff Stamp to the bad guy. We'll just say that the ones Aguilera took was fake
-But if Orteka was faking his capture and he was working with the Fenix Director anyway, why did he have a fake Giff Stamp ready? Just in case Tamaki and Aguilera showed up to take it?
-Have Orteka power up and "kill" Hiromi

I'm telling you Igarashi siblings, you should have killed Orteka when you had the chance. Now he's powered up and "killed" Hiromi

Surprised this was a Sakamoto Koichi directed episode

Made these gifs since I thought these scenes were awkward looking:

Thenosa Yechette
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Super Sentai.
Type: INTP Architect
Location: A backwater place in this backwater planet(according to Agent Abrera)

Re: Kamen Rider Revice 21 Discussion thread

Post by Thenosa Yechette »

Great episode! A little jam-packed, maybe, after going super slow for a long time. Hope they can keep the pace a little faster after this.

And this time, R.I.P. Hiromi-san. Yep, too many casualties....

So the three siblings and Hiromi would still not investigate Fenix after confirming that there's something fishy is going on with Fenix? And rather listen to what other people say instead of trying to figure out what's going on by themselves... Stupid.

Sakura's out-of-suit fight with those goons was nice. I was kinda amazed that they pulled off that fight scene in such cramped spaces.

So different organizations are all inviting Sakura to join them because she's a girl... At least she's strong and cool.

How come did Sakura not realize that 'Weekend' is the name of the organization? The logo is right in front of her on the screen behind the creepy family. Either she can't read English (which I'm guessing is probably not the case, since she at least understood what the word means) or she just happened to not notice the logo on the screen. The latter would be stupid too.

I kinda knew that it wasn't Aguilera who sent the Driver to Sakura. If she were the one to give it to Sakura, she wouldn't have mailed it to her, rather she'd directly hand it over to her. Although I find it kinda weird, that an organization that is working against Fenix stole their disposed tech and is trying to recruit a Rider under their authority. It makes sense, but still strange to me.

I wish the fight between Sakura and Aguilera was longer. But I understand, since there are more important fight scenes in this episode. I also hate what they did to Aguilera's character. Before, she was mysterious and feisty. Now, she's such a sad girl who is acting like a total loser and is stuck in one weird place. I hope something interesting happens with her in the next episode.
And I get that Aguilera might not need food because of being a phase 2 Deadman, but Tamaki is full human now. Do they live in that old junkyard all day without eating or anything? Where would he even get the money, does he have a job already?

Of course, the Gifu Stamp is fake. It was just too easy to retrieve.

So, Hiromi was cool in this episode. For the first time, I think I enjoyed his presence throughout. The Fenix uniform just makes people look stupidly ugly (poor Daiji, he has to keep wearing that all the time, the outfit is another reason why Kagerou is more interesting than Daiji, lol). Because now that Hiromi is wearing his normal clothes, again, for the first time, I thought he was good-looking. Lol. I wish he hadn't quit Fenix so he could investigate further. Too bad he met his (apparent) demise just when things got interesting. However, I'm pretty sure they'll bring him back soon. But as long as he's gone, who's gonna be the commander of Fenix?

So, Orteka wanted the Demons Driver to transform into Demons... Cool. That was awesome! The fights were great too!

Ouch, the older brother and younger sister come to the pathetic middle sibling's rescue.... That's too sad. What's with the bicycle riding, though? And why did Daiji not get up after losing his transformation? He was clearly not completely immobilized. Then why did he not try to help his siblings or Hiromi? Why did Hiromi have to protect him and lose his life? That's your problem Daiji! You don't act. Just stare.... No wonder people don't like you...

What's with Fenix's director and the sparkles...? Strange...

I wonder if Sakura will actually join the 'Weekend' or not...

Looks like we have more Rider forms (and maybe a new Rider too) next week. Also, I hope they do better things with Aguilera's character.
takenoko wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 11:14 pm Orteka isn't even restrained or imprisoned in any way?
Clearly, Fenix sucks at keeping people imprisoned.
takenoko wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 11:14 pm It's Hiromi, looking badass! Even though he kind of sucks, that scene of being a suffering Kamen Rider, who fights even though he can't transform, is why he's the best Rider in this series
For once, I agree. He was really good in this episode.
takenoko wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 11:14 pm Also, whew. He fell off a cliff. That means he's safe lol
The writers probably want to say, "We need Hiromi to be gone and sacrificed for now. We want to leave it uncertain, but we all know he's alive, and coming back. wink, wink. But since he's coming back anyway, we don't want to put in any effort into this death scene." 😝😅 Plus, if someone misses Hiromi, they can just go watch " Kman Rider Revice: The Mystery"- which I will be doing while Hiromi is gone in the main series.
takenoko wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 11:14 pm Did anyone go and check on Hiromi?
I was hoping they would. At least Daiji should've. I hoped Daiji and Hiromi's relationship to be similar to the relationship of commander Wakabayashi and Hiromi like maybe a mentor-mentee. But guess that won't happen anytime soon.
takenoko wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 11:14 pm I'm telling you Igarashi siblings, you should have killed Orteka when you had the chance. Now he's powered up and "killed" Hiromi
That would certainly be the right, logical and best choice in this case. But directly 'killing' anyone who's not a Gifterian is probably against their moral code of "saving people" (funny how so many civilians and innocent people are dead already, yet they're still keeping the villains alive. Story reasons but still too many dead people).
takenoko wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 11:14 pm Surprised this was a Sakamoto Koichi directed episode
Aaah..... No wonder the out-of-suit fight between Sakura and the goons felt overly violent to me. Good, but still too violent. Sakamoto Koichi's involvement always means overly violent brawls, mostly involving women(as far as I have seen). Not sure how I feel about that for now. But for this episode, in particular, I found it mostly good.
Thenosa :)

Finished watching:
SS:
Dekaranger
Boukenger
Shinkenger-Ninnninger
Lupinranger VS Patranger-Zenkaiger
Akibaranger
KR:
Kiva
Build
Zero-One -Revice
Misc:
Ryuukendo
Sinkuu
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Quote: Let's make it Showy!

Post by Sinkuu »

as I watch, i realize that, along with the fenix cruiser, the plot has been driven into the ground. >.>
MaxHazard
Infinity

Post by MaxHazard »

Tamaki and Aguilera didn't realize that the Giff Stamp is fake?

That's quite a number of fight scene for Sakura in this episode

Fenix captured Orteka and didn't check his pockets? he has the real Giff Stamp and Junior Stamp

Can we say that Orteka won't get the same side effects as Hiromi as Kamen Rider Demons?

Standard bad guy problem 101, they always left in the middle of fight

Where is Kagero? last time when Daiji get defeated, Kagero will appear
Ashki
Mega
Favorite series: no such thing
Dreamy: Mele
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Ashki »

I really love how TOEI's playing on names, since it was pretty obvious Olteca (a mashup of Toltec and Olmec) is all about sacrifices and playing games (the Olmecs were known for bloodletting and sports, while the Toltecs were considered forefathers of the Mexicans, AKA the Aztecs). Of zero surprise, it turns out the Director (is it just me or did the actor also play a high-ranking member of Foundation X a while back?) and Olteca are working together to bring Gifu back to life. Granted, a LOT of stuff in this episode was predictable, but I found it well-executed.

We already knew that Driver couldn't have come from Aguillera, so it's nice to finally know who really sent it (and it makes sense). I also chuckled at the sarcastic joke Sakura made regarding the idiotic name of the new faction. I just hope she doesn't join them or she'll be relegated to being a "weekend warrior". I do like how turnabout was so rapidfire this episode as well. Aguillera got the fake Gifu Vistamp last episode and obviously realised it right away, so she put up a half-assed fight because she already suspected who had the real one. And Tamaki's stuttering at not having turned the vistamp over made it clear they had anticipated this moment. Poor Sakura was the only one to be fooled.
Spoiler
And it looks like Aguillera will be trying to team up with Olteca next episode because she knows he's close to bringing her precious Gifu back, but I suspect she plans to betray him to get the real Gifu stamp for hersef and maybe even try to use it on him.
Oh, how I wish Hiromi would stay dead, because this episode was truly his shining moment. However, he bears the obsession factor which all Heisei main Riders had to have (in his case, it's the need to go out with a blaze of glory), so we know he'll be back. I really liked him this episode, though, so I hope he avoids donning another Driver. The only annoying thing he did was the obligatory "I know who the traitor is, but let me say some useless stuff before my death scene instead of the one thing that matters". I really hate those things, and it would've taken less effort to say "The Director is working with Olteca" than "Be careful. There's definitely something up with FeniX.

The moment with the siblings pulling up all serious with bicycles instead of motorcycles was hilarious. I seem to recall it's been done a couple times this series, but it doesn't get boring.

And, of course, my theory from last episode is starting to ring true. The Heartless Man is resonating with Gifu. I can't wait to see how that finally plays out.

Mid-Season Predictions:
Spoiler
Gifu will be resurrected. The Igarashi family will have to deal with the truth about their father. Olteca will die in an ironic fashion. Ikki will have to learn to fight without Vice for a few episodes due to the latter being separated from him and/or becoming a temporary baddy under Gifu's influence but Sakura will be immune because of the nature of her own demon. FeniX will finally reveal itself to be Foundation X and openly side with Gifu and the Deadmans. And Weekend will play out more like a Kamen Rider Club. The only wildcard is George, and I have a feeling he's going to end up being his own antihero for the second half, possibly even as a Rider.
Fave | Least Fave Series so far
KR: AgitΩ or Zero-One | Drive
SS: unsure | Maskman
UM: Nexus | Ultra Q
Sentai: Akiballion: Battlemaids of Akihabara | Buddha Man
Other Toku: possibly Shinigami no Ballad | probably Sci-Rop
Thenosa Yechette
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Super Sentai.
Type: INTP Architect
Location: A backwater place in this backwater planet(according to Agent Abrera)

Post by Thenosa Yechette »

Ashki wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 1:31 pm I really love how TOEI's playing on names, since it was pretty obvious Olteca (a mashup of Toltec and Olmec) is all about sacrifices and playing games (the Olmecs were known for bloodletting and sports, while the Toltecs were considered forefathers of the Mexicans, AKA the Aztecs).
Wow, it's that deep? Interesting.... :o
Thenosa :)

Finished watching:
SS:
Dekaranger
Boukenger
Shinkenger-Ninnninger
Lupinranger VS Patranger-Zenkaiger
Akibaranger
KR:
Kiva
Build
Zero-One -Revice
Misc:
Ryuukendo
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Commercials

Post by takenoko »

I wonder if the new Precures literally have to press sushi each time they want to transform. What a weird toy

Fujita Ray in more weird commercials. Very giffable. Do we know who his partner is in these commercials? I wonder how these two know each other

Oh right, they're making a Saber spin-off

I thought I recognized the woman in the hair commercials. It's Hirose Alice who was Tackle in Decade. I like the kid's thumbs up

Return to “Kamen Rider Revice”