Kamen Rider Revice 23 Discussion thread

All that exists in my heart is cholesterol...

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Mar 06, 2022 11:11 pm

★★★★★
57%
★★★★
29%
★★★
14%
★★
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 7
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Kamen Rider Revice 23 Discussion thread

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Last episode rating: 4.29 of 5 stars (7 votes)

Why did Vice fly go into the rolling stamp like a genie and fly away? So weird

Ooh, who will win Sakura's heart? Her weird spy neighbor or her dork former enemy?

Is everyone following each other? LOL

LOL, gotta love that Daiji and Kagerou swap clothes in a flash

Tamaki's hair is looking better compared to his bowl hair days

Ha, I called it. It was the assistant

Mayu's pretty good. Cute too. I don't even remember half of Kuki Kaidan appearing in the last episode. How long was the cameo for these two? Like 10 seconds?

Another weirdo leading a secret organization that you probably shouldn't trust

The kids in the Revice photos are hilarious. Their expressions are great

I thought this week's episode was pretty entertaining. Even though Vice mostly spent it fucking around, at least the spotlight went around to more interesting characters like Sakura and her brother

Thanks preview. I was appreciating that it seemed like the Ikki ghost subplot might last a bit, but I guess it'll be resolved next week

Edit:

Does Ikki's actor have covid or something? Besides being relegated to being a weird ghost, I notice that Vice is doing all the voice work for the photo/fan art segments
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Re: Kamen Rider Revice 23 Discussion thread

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

I like the twist that the dude wasn't lying, it WAS Karizaki that sent the stamp to Ikki and Vice, assuming masked dude isn't lying about his name. It just wasn't the Karizaki we thought it was.

which means George mentioning the anniversary of his dad's death last week probably WASN'T just a weird thing they brought up, but a seed planted for this to make us think "wait, does that mean it's his dad, and he's NOT dead? what's going on here?"

also, thoughts on the preview:
Spoiler
I don't think it's that the "ghost Ikki plotline" is ending as much as it is a "weird stuff happening with Ikki and Vice ploline" where Ghost Ikki was one step, and the next is Ikki's body is back, but it's Vice at the helm, since Ikki looked like he was freaking out looking at his body for some reason
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Connie_Edogawa wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 10:28 am which means George mentioning the anniversary of his dad's death last week probably WASN'T just a weird thing they brought up, but a seed planted for this to make us think "wait, does that mean it's his dad, and he's NOT dead? what's going on here?"
Oh, that is pretty nice seeding. I know I complain about the series starting too many plot threads, but I appreciate this one
Thenosa Yechette
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Super Sentai.
Type: INTP Architect
Location: A backwater place in this backwater planet(according to Agent Abrera)

Post by Thenosa Yechette »

The episode was good.

So Ikki still hasn't learned that when Vice pops out of him in spirit(I don't know what else to call that) form to talk, no outsider can see/hear him? And in this case it would be the same for him and no outsider can see/hear him either...

That was fast.... It didn't even take a second for Vice to turn his back on everybody... And he just instinctively knows how to use that rolling Vistamp... Ok....

I think I'm realizing just now who that guy amidst the fire is.... It's (probably) the scientist Ueshima Shōgo who was introduced in Revice The Mystery episode 3. He is an acquaintance of George who was presumed to be dead, but clearly isn't.... Since he is shown in the OP sequence amidst fire, I'm guessing he'll come back to the series at some point.

So they didn't give us a closer look at the face of the woman reporting to Orteka, but I'm guessing that she's the doc with no name....

How can Vice have access to Ikki's money? Is he using a credit card or something? Cuz if it's cash, shouldn't it be with Ikki and untouchable?

If all Vice does is play sports, then I don't think having him out like this is really that harmful. At least he's not teaming up with the villains.

And there's the dad being paranoid again... So does Sakura's neighbor actually like her? I doubt it, but what was with the strange looks? Was it just about the about the invitation to join Weekend?

So is Daiji resolved enough to kill Orteka yet?

Hey, the cobra toy is back.... Why is it back again? I thought it won't come back anymore... What a pain in the butt... 😒😑

Oh, no... Just when it looked like Daiji was about to win...

So Aguilera retreating like that probably means that she cares about Sakura even if it's a little bit.

Hey, welcome back again, Kagerou. But how'd he come here suddenly? And then suddenly Daiji's back... That was too rushed... Kinda pointless... 🧐 It's kinda pointless to make that brief scene just so Daiji can finally realize that Kagerou isn't completely against him. That scene should've been longer...

George trailing the weekend kid is the most significant thing that's happened in this episode...

So are Tamaki's tears sad or happy? I'm confused... But what a day has come! The heroine of a Kamen Rider series is now in charge of protecting a guy(helpless and powerless or whatever, but still).

Also, I'm really impressed to see that Daiji isn't bothered about his sister's love life, considering how protective he is of her.

Huh, is Daiji actually learning to use his brains? Ok.....

Wow, they used the 'daiji' word and name too many times in this episode... Is this supposed to be an episode focusing around Daiji, even though they just entered the Evil Driver arc?

Wait, the manager used TWO stamps on herself? Is she that crazy?!

"Gundephone Tantei"? Lol that's a hilarious name!

Nice fight scenes....

The scene of the conversation between the manager and Kūki Kaidan was quite nice.

George is finally trying to figure things out about Weekend... About time.

Wait, so the leader of Weekend is probably George's dad? Hmm, interesting...
takenoko wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 11:11 pm Ooh, who will win Sakura's heart? Her weird spy neighbor or her dork former enemy?
I hope neither. Sakura deserves better than these losers (No offense, Tamaki).
takenoko wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 11:11 pm
Is everyone following each other? LOL
Yeah, lol. But I didn't get why the neighbor was following Sakura, though. Cuz he disappeared soon after.
takenoko wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 11:11 pm
Tamaki's hair is looking better compared to his bowl hair days
Oh, yeah.... So that's why he's looking better than he was when he had his Julio getup.
Connie_Edogawa wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 10:28 am which means George mentioning the anniversary of his dad's death last week probably WASN'T just a weird thing they brought up, but a seed planted for this to make us think "wait, does that mean it's his dad, and he's NOT dead? what's going on here?"
Wow, I totally forgot about that. I think they should've done the Weekend's leader reveal the previous episode so that some people hadn't forgotten about George mentioning his dad's death- the way too subtle hint that follows up on this episode's plot. I hope they follow up on this reveal in the next episode and we can see Sakura's reaction to all of this, and not just pondering and indecisiveness.
Thenosa :)

Finished watching:
SS:
Dekaranger
Boukenger
Shinkenger-Ninnninger
Lupinranger VS Patranger-Zenkaiger
Akibaranger
KR:
Kiva
Build
Zero-One -Revice
Misc:
Ryuukendo
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

Thenosa Yechette wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 3:51 am So Ikki still hasn't learned that when Vice pops out of him in spirit(I don't know what else to call that) form to talk, no outsider can see/hear him? And in this case it would be the same for him and no outsider can see/hear him either...
it was probably just that he didn't realize he was a spirit yet. the whole situation is new for them.
Thenosa Yechette wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 3:51 am And there's the dad being paranoid again... So does Sakura's neighbor actually like her? I doubt it, but what was with the strange looks? Was it just about the about the invitation to join Weekend?
I think it might've been more about him knowing it was "Julio" in the room with them.
Thenosa Yechette wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 3:51 am Hey, welcome back again, Kagerou. But how'd he come here suddenly? And then suddenly Daiji's back... That was too rushed... Kinda pointless... 🧐 It's kinda pointless to make that brief scene just so Daiji can finally realize that Kagerou isn't completely against him. That scene should've been longer...
they established in previous episodes that Daiji and Kagerou can be forced to swap between each other from the trauma of taking a finisher/Rider Kick (like the episode Ikki and Sakura teamed up to force the change so Kagerou could tell them how to get into the Deadmans base. Daiji got hit by Orteka's move as Demons, turned into Kagerou, and then Kagerou took another defending Sakura so he immediately got swapped back.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Thenosa Yechette wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 3:51 am Wait, the manager used TWO stamps on herself? Is she that crazy?!
I mean, the whole way stamps works seems kind of random. Is there a limit to how many stamps you can use? (guess not if you can use two?) It's one of those things where you wonder why the characters don't just make a billion monsters to do their bidding if there's no obvious limit
MaxHazard
Infinity

Post by MaxHazard »

Connie_Edogawa wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:08 am
Thenosa Yechette wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 3:51 am Hey, welcome back again, Kagerou. But how'd he come here suddenly? And then suddenly Daiji's back... That was too rushed... Kinda pointless... 🧐 It's kinda pointless to make that brief scene just so Daiji can finally realize that Kagerou isn't completely against him. That scene should've been longer...
they established in previous episodes that Daiji and Kagerou can be forced to swap between each other from the trauma of taking a finisher/Rider Kick (like the episode Ikki and Sakura teamed up to force the change so Kagerou could tell them how to get into the Deadmans base. Daiji got hit by Orteka's move as Demons, turned into Kagerou, and then Kagerou took another defending Sakura so he immediately got swapped back.
Well... Kagerou didn't appear last episode when got hit by Orteka's move Demons.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

This episode's screencaps were perfect for this meme

Return to “Kamen Rider Revice”