Zenkaiger 49 discussion thread

Covid Sentai Singleranger
Forum rules

Zenkaiger Wiki Link

< Kiramei | Kikai Sentai Zenkaiger | DonBro >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:14 am

☆☆☆☆☆
25%
☆☆☆☆
17%
☆☆☆
25%
☆☆
25%
8%

Total votes: 12
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Zenkaiger 49 discussion thread

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Last Zenkaiger's rating: 3.88 of 5 (8 votes)

What, did God erase everyone's memories too?

What a nerdy scientist glasses

Did they run out of money for new actors or monster suits?

Speaking of rock, paper, scissors, there was a good 99% Invisible podcast about a big Japanese business deal being decided using the age-old game. Apparently the person in charge was a real eccentric
https://99percentinvisible.org/episode/ ... ssors-bus/

If this were AkibaRanger God would be Hatte Saburo

"Teenager terrorist blows up Sky Tree"

Are they not going to cure the pirate twins?

Oh they did get cured

LOL why are they talking about Stacy becoming king? At least that didn't happen, or this would have been as bad as Game of Thrones' ending. I'm happy that Stacy found a purpose and a place to belong, but I feel like his emotional ending (and this serie's emotional ending) basically happened when he decided to start fighting for the good guys a few episodes back

"Kaito, we think you should move out"

Nothing offensive about the ending, but nothing exciting either. I'd love to feel something from this series, like relief that the big threat is gone, or sadness that the group is breaking up, or that feeling that you're going to miss the characters when they're gone. But nothing really evokes any feelings here, it's just stuck in neutral for me. Hopefully Don Brothers will be better

If you want to talk about the series in general, we've got the series discussion thread up. Also please vote in the poll too:
viewtopic.php?f=253&t=25297
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Re: Zenkaiger 49 discussion thread

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

This was a fairly inoffensive ending, all things considered. and I was right, it didn't affect my opinion of the season overall vs. how I felt last week. Honestly, I'm just more curious now what the deal is going to be with the monochrome Kaito they showed off in the Don Brothers trailer a few weeks back, since this doesn't end on any explicit Don Brothers setup.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

You're right, as cynical as I can be, I'm glad this didn't end in just a "But to be continued in Don Brothers". The characters had their wrap up and departed to start a new adventurer, which is really how I wish a lot of shows would end

[10:22] <|discord|> <UltraZeroX7> https://twitter.com/ZenkaiViolet/status ... FrIgNjU9cA
[10:22] <|discord|> <UltraZeroX7> omg
Thenosa Yechette
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Super Sentai.
Type: INTP Architect
Location: A backwater place in this backwater planet(according to Agent Abrera)

Post by Thenosa Yechette »

The finale is good. Although it was predictable that the god would lose on purpose because he loves the worlds he created.... I think the season wasn't serious enough for such a serious finale. And I have to mention this, because it's really something that's close to my heart- is that I didn't cry at all while watching Zenkaiger's finale. There were times when I felt emotional, and went like, "Aww, this is so sweet..." But tears didn't actually come out. I have always cried while watching the finales of the Sentai seasons I have watched so far. But I couldn't for Zenkaiger. Maybe because I couldn't like this season as much as I had hoped.

I was surprised that Kaito's family didn't do a thing when he was acting so weird ... They actually believed that the god had possessed him?

The scene where the Goshikida family talked about their situation and how Kaito should do what he wants to- was nice. I was surprised that Kaito was sensible enough to not leave their house because Yatsude would be lonely. I always thought he didn't leave the house because he was too immature to live alone. In the end, I think I've grown to like Kaito a bit more than expected. Plus, I think I get why Kaito's stay got extended till DonBrothers. The acting of Kaito's actor is very impressive, he played the god very nicely. The mystery and everything was executed quite well.

Stacy's ending is good too. How he decided not to be the king is probably supposed to make him an even greater character than he is. But I liked that decision in the end.

Although, I'm not very satisfied with the Robin Hood ending of the pirates. What exactly do they do now? I'm confused about that too.... And why do the twins have to be turned back into the SD dolls just so Zox can fight using Shinkenger and OhRanger powers? Don't those powers just come from the Sentai gears? Then why turn the twins back to SD dolls just for that purpose alone?

Also, I kinda hoped they'd add something in the finale that would connect to DonBrothers, since Zenkaiger is the prequel after all.... But guess they didn't bother to do that much....

Anyways, I'm looking forward to the Zenkaiger vs. Kiramager vs. Senpaiger movie right now. I wanna see how they explain the Sentai parallel worlds there and what 'Senpaiger' members we get to see. I would definitely be interested in seeing the actors from Zyuohger onwards to come back for this movie. Maybe even some of the Go-Busters, given their recent 10th anniversary (just a thought... 🙁🙄)
takenoko wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 1:14 am If this were AkibaRanger God would be Hatte Saburo
And in Zenkaiger, the god is Stacy but they dropped that part a few episodes back for who knows what reason...
takenoko wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 1:14 am "Teenager terrorist blows up Sky Tree"
As of February 2022, Kaito is 21.... He'd end up directly in prison for blowing up the Sky Tree.
takenoko wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 1:14 am "Kaito, we think you should move out"
Wow, again, you made that good scene into something totally hilarious and comical... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Thenosa :)

Finished watching:
SS:
Dekaranger
Boukenger
Shinkenger-Ninnninger
Lupinranger VS Patranger-Zenkaiger
Akibaranger
KR:
Kiva
Build
Zero-One -Revice
Misc:
Ryuukendo
Aeikozz
Faiz
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Smart Brain Lady
Favorite Band: Bennie K
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Aeikozz »

Oh my god, in the immortal words of Ryoko, Good Riddance to Bad Rubbish.

This ending was blah. I'm glad to see it go. Cop outs all over the place. I was really expecting them to do something cool with finding his mom, Nope. Father just accidentally found her. How did this happen? she was chillin making sushi..

>_>....

it's just ugh. it's like when you go to a Italian restaurant and order the pizza only to find it's not really good because they use a pizza sauce they just use spaghetti sauce and they barely even put any cheese on it. So it comes out Super Bland.

It's so bad. Everything in my moral fiber i feel i wish they would have let this sentai Cook longer. I wish they would have pushed it back like another 5 years and developed the ideas better and Maybe it might have been better.

But what we got was just garbage. Just pure Garbage. The cop outs, they were all over the place.. So the Sentai Worlds We trapped but they could just busted out if they wanted too.

God like TojiriGears they are Convenient to store worlds in. >_>...

Good bye Covid Sentai Singleranger. I hate you exist, you are a stain on Super Sentai in it's entirety.
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

A meh ending to a meh Sentai. Kiita did really well in the double role though.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

HowlingSnail wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 11:28 am A meh ending to a meh Sentai. Kiita did really well in the double role though.
Yeah, props to that guy for getting to do some acting this season. It probably gets annoying playing a weirdo man child for a year
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

takenoko wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 11:38 am
HowlingSnail wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 11:28 am A meh ending to a meh Sentai. Kiita did really well in the double role though.
Yeah, props to that guy for getting to do some acting this season. It probably gets annoying playing a weirdo man child for a year
It kind of reminded me of the Mayu/Medusa thing in Wizard, where I genuinely thought they were played by twins because Nakayama Erina did such a good job differentiating them.
Seen:
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

HowlingSnail wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 11:59 am
takenoko wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 11:38 am

It kind of reminded me of the Mayu/Medusa thing in Wizard, where I genuinely thought they were played by twins because Nakayama Erina did such a good job differentiating them.
Yeah she was great. I hope she comes back and does more toku sometime
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

takenoko wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 12:24 pm
HowlingSnail wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 11:59 am

Yeah she was great. I hope she comes back and does more toku sometime
She retired from acting a year or two back I believe, so it's probably unlikely unless they announce a Wizard 10 Years After or something.
Seen:
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Wow that was fast. Short career. Pity
vasyear
7X
Quote: don't piss on my leg and tell me its raining

Post by vasyear »

For me that was one of the single best endings in Sentai history, it was unique in its ending, it was story over fighting and story is what this series lacked big time and i was starting to get very board with it but it then again picked up.
the whole episode by itself is unique in my opinion something I don't think we've seen at all (though i could be wrong) and the way Kaito solved the situation that was creative Rock, paper, sissors.
Zenkiger you are far from the best but in the end you left an impact at the end you gave us story over fighting, something that is as unique as your entire series.
fartboy
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: ToQger
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Robert Baldwin
Favorite Actor?: Yosuke Kishi
Favorite Band: Do As Infinity

Post by fartboy »

The lead up to the end was kinda bland but the last episode was really good. I think Sentais need that more often, just something that really shows that it's ending and that "it's all OK" (pun intended). Not just a very rushed cut after the final battle.

The only things I didn't like was that this god turned babyface extremely quickly even though he was super sinister the whole time. Zox and Stacey not ever becoming official Zenkaigers (wasn't that one of the plot points for Zox? Learning to trust them then eventually doing the pose with them?) No helmetless roll call for the first time in forever. And of course the undoing of multiple episodes, specials and movies since Gokaiger (earlier?) that show that Sentai is in one single (except Kyuranger) universe, with absolutely no pay off or reasoning as to why at any point.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

fartboy wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 2:08 am The only things I didn't like was that this god turned babyface extremely quickly even though he was super sinister the whole time.
One of the funniest thing from this show was a fan drawing Gege shouting that he's against interracial relationships. I forget what the justification God has against people from different worlds commingling, but I'm sure it was forgettable and flimsy, thus the breezy turnaround that he has.

Also agreed that Rider and Sentai shows benefit from having an episode for epilogue and to give characters space to wrap up their arcs. One of the things I hate most is when a show (Zoids Genesis does this) ends with defeating the big bad and then going "Bye!", even though they had pretty good characters and stories that they could have used for a finishing touch
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

I thought this episode should have been called "You can (can not) go home" since the first half was in Kaito's head.

A much better ending would have been Kaito runs through the dimensional door and it slams shut behind him. The other Zenkaigers wonder what is going on, and then 46 welcomes 45.

Farewell to the Covidgers!

Return to “Sentai-Kikai Sentai Zenkaiger”