Kamen Rider Revice 24 Discussion thread

All that exists in my heart is cholesterol...

Ratings

Poll ended at Mon Mar 14, 2022 12:53 am

★★★★★
43%
★★★★
57%
★★★
No votes
★★
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 7
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Kamen Rider Revice 24 Discussion thread

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Last episode rating: 4.43 of 5 stars (7 votes)

I guess it's true to say that Karizaki took a bath with Ikki's dad to see him naked

I wonder who sets up the weird mannequinns for the Deadmans. What a trio of weirdos

Masumi sounds like "true ink" in Japanese

It was pretty fun to see George fight back against Olteca, even if he did ultimately get taken

Is Karizaki's ring tone the horn from Gaim?

I kind of like Vice as a character that is resisting orders since Karizaki has given him very good reason to not trust the guy. Although, I don't like that it feels like Ikki is tricking Vice into getting his way. At least the relationship between Ikki and Vice is getting more interesting

I do wish they did more to explain what the difference is between the devils within each of them. Like why is Ikki's a weirdo Momotaros type?

Looks like they're revealing a twist next week? It feels like they're starting to answer some of the questions they've been teasing, so that makes me happy
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Re: Kamen Rider Revice 24 Discussion thread

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

as this show's gone on, it feels like its had a million plates spinning in terms of plot elements, but that it was set up on a stage that still had the curtains closed, and all we had to go on was the subtle sounds of the plates spinning and a few comments from stagehands saying how impressive the show was, and now the curtain is slowly opening to reveal a plate or two at a time, but also that some of the spinning plates were balanced on top of each other, meaning there was a lot more going on than we thought there was, and I'm hoping by the end of this, it'll turn out most if not all of the plates have been spinning on a single, complex interconnected mechanism that will make for a cool spectacle, and also at least guarantee a truly WILD ending if it all comes crashing down around the person running the show, because a fantastic finale would be ideal, but an insane failure is the much preferred second option to just a boring but solid conclusion.
Thenosa Yechette
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Super Sentai.
Type: INTP Architect
Location: A backwater place in this backwater planet(according to Agent Abrera)

Post by Thenosa Yechette »

Good episode. More focus on Ikki and Vice's relationship and Vice's growth throughout the past episodes.

Ok, so whoever has that non-physical form gets to be narrator and interacts with the audience, huh? Cool, it's refreshing.

The one who is looking creepy and scary is you, though, Daiji....

So the Weekend family isn't really a family?

Does George want to check something about the Dad?

Why is Vice angry at George? Was it because he asked the Fenix soldiers to capture Vice?

The cult members are just sacrifices everytime, huh?

Ikki's just hungry? That's how lame the problem is? Wow, I really expected the problem to be more serious like getting stuck in this situation forever or something.... Btw has Vice been eating this last week?

Oh, Vice just possessed that rolling stamp when he flew away with it.... But how come he can still do that since he has swapped places with Ikki? Shouldn't Ikki be the one to possess things?

Right, Vice is still mad at George about Hiromi...... Ok, someone's being too emotional.

Cool mid-air transformation for Jeanne...

Why didn't Daiji tell George about the complications he's been experiencing?

Gurasan Hakase- what a weird contact name for George... Does Gurasan have any meaning?

Nice sibling duo fight....

Lol, Iki and Vice have truly become 2 in 1....

More story reveal next episode? Looking forward to it.

Also, they're making a spin-off drama for Hiromicchi as a part of the Blu-ray extras. "Dear Gaga"... He's alive, goes back to his hometown and has lost some of his memories. Ikki and Daiji visit him in his home. It took me a while to remember what this 'Gaga' was supposed to mean when I heard the title for the first time. The first Blu-ray volume releases on April 13th.... Hopefully someone subs it soon. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RITPDJt7ouE
takenoko wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 11:53 pm I kind of like Vice as a character that is resisting orders since Karizaki has given him very good reason to not trust the guy. Although, I don't like that it feels like Ikki is tricking Vice into getting his way. At least the relationship between Ikki and Vice is getting more interesting
Yeah, I was laughing at that scene thinking, "I get that Vice is a demon but tricking him like this isn't fair for Ikki either.
Thenosa :)

Finished watching:
SS:
Dekaranger
Boukenger
Shinkenger-Ninnninger
Lupinranger VS Patranger-Zenkaiger
Akibaranger
KR:
Kiva
Build
Zero-One -Revice
Misc:
Ryuukendo
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

>So the Weekend family isn't really a family?

That's a good point, where do these guys go when they're not off being the world's lamest spy family? This isn't exactly the Americans. Is the kid an orphan? Does Nininger dad go home to his real wife after work hours?

>Does George want to check something about the Dad?

Just his hot bod

>Why is Vice angry at George? Was it because he asked the Fenix soldiers to capture Vice?

No, because George was using Hiromi as a live test subject for the Demon's Driver, which was literally killing the guy till he get real fake killed

>The cult members are just sacrifices everytime, huh?

I know suicide cults are a real thing, but again, why would anyone follow Olteca?

>Ikki's just hungry? That's how lame the problem is? Wow, I really expected the problem to be more serious like getting stuck in this situation forever or something.... Btw has Vice been eating this last week?

This is one of those things where with the tone of the series, I'm not sure how to interpret it. If it's serious, why doesn't Ikki act the part? If it's a joke, then I dunno what to take from it. My initial response was to assume George was just messing with them or lying to Vice to get him to use the thing to swap back to Ikki. But I genuinely don't know. What do you guys think? Do you think George was telling the truth or just making up a lie?

>Gurasan Hakase- what a weird contact name for George... Does Gurasan have any meaning?

Eh? When does he get called that?

>Also, they're making a spin-off drama for Hiromicchi as a part of the Blu-ray extras. "Dear Gaga"... He's alive, goes back to his hometown and has lost some of his memories. Ikki and Daiji visit him in his home. It took me a while to remember what this 'Gaga' was supposed to mean when I heard the title for the first time. The first Blu-ray volume releases on April 13th.... Hopefully someone subs it soon. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RITPDJt7ouE

I mean, I guess that's better than a lame prequel like all the other extras. But I say this every single damn time, make that shit a part of the main story

Edit:
[11:54] <|discord|> <Phoenix512> has the VA for Karizaki's father been revealed
[11:55] <|discord|> <Phoenix512> I try to find it but it's not in the Japanese wiki page for Revice
[12:21] <~takenoko> if it's not in the credits it might be a mystery
[12:23] <~takenoko> https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E8%97%A4 ... 9%E3%83%9E
[12:23] <~takenoko> this guy is listed in the credits but without a role
[12:23] <~takenoko> maybe this is george's dad?
Thenosa Yechette
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster

takenoko wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 11:45 am >Gurasan Hakase- what a weird contact name for George... Does Gurasan have any meaning?

Eh? When does he get called that?
At timestamp 14:19 this contact name appears on Sakura's phone. After checking her phone she says that it's George calling her (I rotated the photo 180° clockwise):

Finished watching:
SS:
Dekaranger
Boukenger
Shinkenger-Ninnninger
Akibaranger
KR:
Kiva
Build
Zero-One -Revice
Misc:
Ryuukendo
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Image doesn't load

Edit: Found it in my video. gurasan just means "sunglasses" in Japanese, maybe because Karizaki is always wearing them?
JustiFanV2
7X

Post by JustiFanV2 »

I'm guessing it's maybe her response to him always calling her "Karate Girl"?
Thenosa Yechette
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster

JustiFanV2 wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 1:41 am I'm guessing it's maybe her response to him always calling her "Karate Girl"?
I think it's pretty fair then.

Finished watching:
SS:
Dekaranger
Boukenger
Shinkenger-Ninnninger
Akibaranger
KR:
Kiva
Build