Kamen Rider Revice 26 Discussion thread

All that exists in my heart is cholesterol...

Ratings

Poll ended at Wed Mar 30, 2022 11:53 pm

★★★★★
43%
★★★★
14%
★★★
43%
★★
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 7
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Kamen Rider Revice 26 Discussion thread

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Last episode rating: 4.25 of 5 stars (8 votes)

Oh sorry, didn't realize I hadn't made a post for ep 26 yet

Doctor's back, but she got taken hostage almost immediately. Boo!

Shiranami Junpei? Noa? Noah? Yet another shady organization in this series

Someone got amnesia in a Rider show. Take a drink. Sounds like this one was... from stress? I dunno about that

Double henshin against yourself. Pretty cool

Aguilera and Sakura slap fight conversation. Just make out already! I miss Tamaki. I wonder what he's up to

I miss Ikki talking to CGI Vice. Also, why did they run there just to stand by and do nothing

I guess no one sounds good in the Ganbaride CMs. I wonder why

Oh and Olteca shows up. /me bangs his toys together. I like this show, but there's not a lot of weight between the day to day fights

Daiji and Kagerou, just make out already

Cool transformation. Don't really satisfied with the Kagerou/Daiji plot. I wish there was more to these guys and their inner conflict

I think this might be symptom to why newer Rider shows don't work for me. It feels less like a story and world than a set of scenarios that whisk the characters between them, leading to the fight scenes. I like these charactesr, but wish I were more invested. In Zero-One, it wasn't too different, but I really liked the characters there so I gave it a pass (and I do feel like the stakes were a bit more grounded there). In Build and Ex-Aid, it absolutely did not work for me and damned if I can explain why

Also if you download our commercials, it's interesting to see that Toei announce the Hugtto and Futari wa Precure Movie airing the next three weeks. This is most likely due to the Toei Animation Hack that happened recently
https://www.themarysue.com/toei-animati ... explained/
MaxHazard
Infinity

Re: Kamen Rider Revice 26 Discussion thread

Post by MaxHazard »

I just notice one thing in this episode, Kagerou can use Bat vistamp to get Daiji out (when Kagerou is in control)
Did Vice forget about that when Vice is in control few episodes back?

Not to mention Ikki did the same thing before to summon Vice so that Vice can carry Ikki out from hospital
Thenosa Yechette
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Super Sentai.
Type: INTP Architect
Location: A backwater place in this backwater planet(according to Agent Abrera)

Post by Thenosa Yechette »

A mostly neutral episode. Also, won't we see Kagerou in the future anymore? I'd prefer Kagerou over Daiji, though.... So getting rid of Kagerou was a bad idea.... Btw, where has Tamaki been? Haven't seen him in a while...

Haven't they leant by now that Gifu's coffin (or fossil, whatever that statue is) can't be destroyed that easily??

Those 3 are half-demons- I'm guessing it's ok to presume this much.

Extreme loners are eventual losers- Daiji doesn't know when to ask for help....

Wait, wheredid their mom and dad go? To get treatment for the dad?

So is the female scientist George's lab/ research partner or something? Then where does she stay the rest of the time?

George shouldn't keep dangerous vistamps that still need work just outside without proper protection... Clearly, their "top-level" Fenix security isn't enough to protect the vistamps....

Still no power-up for Jeanne.... I hope she gets at least one by the end of the series, even if not immediately....

So the scientist serves the purpose of being a hostage in this episode.... Cool.... 😑😶😐

The director may be shady or the guy who appointed Orteka, but I do agree that they should hire Kagerou in Daiji's place. He can at least get the job don....

I'm surprised to see how worried George is about Daiji. He usually doesn't concern himself with the Igarashi family, then why now so suddenly? Is it because now he knows that they are Gifu's descendants?

Honestly, if it meant turning Junpei into a demon, then he should've just let him die, imo. It's better to not cause something with unpredictable results, especially if it's something that is more likely to be bad.

Finally, Sakura takes charge and confronts Dr. Karizaki..... Love it...

So Vail was an assassin.... Ok....

So, Dr. Karizaki isn't too bad after all..... He at least is trying to atone for his sins... Somehow...

They can separate Daiji and Kagerou all along? Then why didn't do it all this time? That way we could see how Kagerou does as a separate and independent entity... And if the demon takes over, they can release the owner the same way by using the Vistamp? Interesting....

I thought Daiji wanted to fight Kagerou to begin with, then why is he asking this?

Daiji is being a total hypocrite right now!!! He was the one who was picking fights with Kagerou instead of trying to make peace with him!!!! 🤨😠😡😤

Wait, don't Live and Evil transform with the same driver? Or were their drivers always separate? They look the same to me ....

Why did Aguilera and Sakura started fighting like that? If she wants to have a conversation, then why attack Sakura in the first place and get themselves injured for no reason?

Why are they letting Daiji and Kagerou fight? I thought they were not independent of each other.... Can one live even if the other is destroyed? Specifically since he is a descendant of Gifu... Isn't it the same thing his dad did by getting rid of Vail and lost his heart in the process? Shouldn't that also mean that Daiji is gonna lose his heart too? They are NOT explaining it properly!!!;

The music used in this episode is TOO GOOD!!! Good enough to make a character song for Daiji/Kagerou out of it! A Black and White 2.0, please for Daiji and Kagerou!!! Maybe a song titled 'Evilive'? Sounds like a perfect name to me!!!

How is Sakura getting stronger related to Aguilera getting weaker? It's not like Sakura is draining energy from Aguilera, is she?

And even during the fight scenes, I have more sympathy for Kagerou than Daiji.....  Even if Kagerou is treacherous....

Why would Orteka interfere with Daiji and Kagerou's fight, exactly? For fun?

Ooooh.... Broken helmet.... Not as serious, though.... When was the last time Kamen Rider had a broken helmet scene?

Whenever in the world did Daiji develop empathy for Kagerou? What a freaking hypocrite!!!! 

Wait, they never used the new vistamp during the fight... Then why was George so worried about Daiji? Daiji defeated Kagerou with his normal powers....

Not sure how I feel about Holy Live.... I don't think I exactly like it.... That's for sure...

Not a great episode. Loved having Kagerou around again for a long time, but hated how they dealt with this situation...  I definitely wanna see more of Kagerou in the future.  They should've chosen to keep him around. Here's to hoping he shows up again in the future...
Thenosa :)

Finished watching:
SS:
Dekaranger
Boukenger
Shinkenger-Ninnninger
Lupinranger VS Patranger-Zenkaiger
Akibaranger
KR:
Kiva
Build
Zero-One -Revice
Misc:
Ryuukendo
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

>Still no power-up for Jeanne.... I hope she gets at least one by the end of the series, even if not immediately....

I hope they don't look over Jeanne by only giving her new weapons as "power ups". It doesn't help that Toei kind of screws over the tertiary rider when it comes to power-ups anyway

I wonder if they just don't have anything for Tamaki to do? Separating him from Aguilera kind of broke up that dynamic (it also gives Aguilera only like one person really to interact with). Maybe they're just trying to save money though since Tamaki can't really help Aguilera as he is now
Ashki
Mega
Favorite series: no such thing
Dreamy: Mele
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Ashki »

I'm still a little sore about the dump-and-run nature of last episode, but this one really made its way back into my good graces with all four of its subplots.

The Veil thing is still kind of vague, and I wish they'd explained it better using flashbacks instead of just shadowy flashes. Beyond that we're getting a classic theme now of one organisation splintering into multiple factions. One could most easily equate this to Build's Japan, but it also ties in nicely with the way that you had multiple factions in Faiz that were all grey areas instead of good/evil. I do however feel like this will all tie back into Shocker somehow (wither through the Foundation or another splinter group). As for the sudden loss of memory, as someone with CPTSD, I can find that to be perfectly believable.

Next, we have what turned out to be the least important plot point - separating Ikki and Vice. I do like that Ikki sort of used this as a teaching point. Ikki trusts Vice, and Vice trusts Ikki, so it's only one step further to trust their faith i someone else. I also actually appreciate that Revice took second stage in the episode. He trusted Daiji enough to let him handle Kagerō and only stepped in towards the very end when Olteka threatened to crash the party. As Kamen Rider has now crossed over with Super Sentai to the point of possible no return, it's nice to see the "Red" take a back seat once in a while.

Gonna save the best for last, so let's talk about Faiji. This whole time, he's been a stereotypical dopplegänger plotline, with Kagerō slowly becoming stronger to the point Daiji is stating to become the shadow. It was interesting to see the former demand a second driver so he could duel himself, even though there was no way for him to know the new vistamp had such powers. He did lose a few points for being rough with Dr. Sexy Legs, though. They're writing her as if there's something far more to the character than we're seeing (and since she wasn't even mentioned in The Mystery, her backstory and implied importance are that much more interesting. But one thing I did take away from that scene is that the Director wanted the fight to happen (my guess is he told Kagarō about the new vistamp's ability i nthe hopes that the demon would win - but if not, then maybe Gifu would absorb Kagerō).

Not much to say about the battle itself. I kind of like the new form, despite the Den-O flashbacks it caused. And I rthink it's safe to say Kagerō isn't dead. Daiji defeated his inner demon, but inner demons never go away, they just become suppressed and you learn to live with them. I feel like Daiji understood this and the only reason he was so wimpy about their relationship in the past few episodes is because he didn't want to become the shadow (especailly since the legend is that once swapped, the person-turned-shadow is doomed to lose their entire existence). The black and white feathers were very much reminiscent of Swan Lake, and I think it simply meant Kagerō lost his ability to manifest instead of this being his "swan song". After all, it's been made pretty clear with Ikki and Vice that if one dies so does the other. So Kagerō is there as Daiji's dark side, but the two are now whole with Daiji being able to draw upon that part of himself as needed. Had Kagerō won, the swap would be complete and Daiji would have been suppressed out oi existence, for all intents and purposes.

And now to my girls.I really do love the chemistry between these two, and if TOEI shipped them any harder, they'd need to have customs paperwork taped to their backs. However, there are two ways to interpret this scene: the fan service way and the disappointing way. Aguilera's becoming weaker, as in she's becoming more compassionate and feeling a lot of the human emotions she left behind when she joined the Deadmans. Meanwhile, Sakura's really found her footing and is no longer just pretending to be tough. Which brings us to the double-edged blade that was Sakura's response to Aguilera asking why one's getting stronger and the other weaker. To this, Sakura said thta Agielera had to find the answer on her own, that it was something only she could do just as only Sakura could find Sakura's reason to fight. And then told Agilera essentially "the answer's right in front of you".

The sad ending to this conversation could be referring to Gifu. As Sakura has Gifu's DNA, she's growing physically stronger at the same time as Gifu himself, while Aguilera, a normal girl who tried to become a demon, is reverting back to human. Sakura's comment could have meant "You fight for Gifu, but Gigu is a part of me, so you can't defeat me without failing in your obsession. And because I'm part demon, I'm getting stronger every time I defeat a human-turned-demon. Meanwhile, you're just a human who's playing demon and that power cannot stay with those who aren't of Gifu's blood."

Conversely, the happy ending starts off similar. Sakura is referring to the fact that she carries Gifu's DNA. Because of how her father obtained that DNA, it's up for debate whether she's a child of Gifu or a host to Gifu. Either way, she could be saying "You've spent your whole life waiting to marry Gifu. Well here I am. You can't beat me because I'm the groom you've given yourself to, just in a much sexier package. I grow stronger because I fight for my family - and I also fight for you. But until you see that fighting for Gifu means fighting for me, you'll always hold yourself back."

Have I mentioned yet how believable the chemistry is between those two? It makes me wonder if the actresses themselves will end up a bit closer than mere friends when this show's wrapped up.

Oh, and one more thing: Ikki and Daiji have gotten powerups because George created their Drivers and vistamps. As Sakura's Driver and vistamp came from George's father, it stands to reason her own powerup will take a little longer because she hasn't officially joined Weekend and thus will need to join, provide fair reason to be given a powerup, or steal the powerup. I give it maybe five episodes before she gets her's, but I'm not expecting too much out of it beyond a different suit and maybe a new weapon and one "new" ability unlock or upgrade.
Fave | Least Fave Series so far
KR: AgitΩ or Zero-One | Drive
SS: unsure | Maskman
UM: Nexus | Ultra Q
Sentai: Akiballion: Battlemaids of Akihabara | Buddha Man
Other Toku: possibly Shinigami no Ballad | probably Sci-Rop
Thenosa Yechette
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Super Sentai.
Type: INTP Architect
Location: A backwater place in this backwater planet(according to Agent Abrera)

Post by Thenosa Yechette »

Ashki wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 1:18 am The Veil thing is still kind of vague, and I wish they'd explained it better using flashbacks instead of just shadowy flashes.
I'm not advocating the spin-off or anything, but they have kept away the answers about Vail in the TTFC spin-off centering the character. So maybe we can complain after we watch that?
Thenosa :)

Finished watching:
SS:
Dekaranger
Boukenger
Shinkenger-Ninnninger
Lupinranger VS Patranger-Zenkaiger
Akibaranger
KR:
Kiva
Build
Zero-One -Revice
Misc:
Ryuukendo
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Thenosa Yechette wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 7:24 am
Ashki wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 1:18 am The Veil thing is still kind of vague, and I wish they'd explained it better using flashbacks instead of just shadowy flashes.
I'm not advocating the spin-off or anything, but they have kept away the answers about Vail in the TTFC spin-off centering the character. So maybe we can complain after we watch that?
Ugh, modern toei...
Ashki
Mega
Favorite series: no such thing
Dreamy: Mele
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Ashki »

Thenosa Yechette wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 7:24 am
I really hope they do. Toei has a nasty habit of hinting at events that happened in other media without properly explaining it. One infamous example was in Den-O where they quickly glaze over the events in the movie despite it causing a major thematic shift in the story and also resulting one of the main cast members being replaced (the actress couldn't continue for medical reasons, but they did give an interesting in-universe reason). Another example was in Fourse where a movie-exclusive switch is used at the end of the series with no recap of how he got it.

Now, if we get a little Kiva flair going here where ghosts of the past (i.e. TTFC series) come back to haunt the characters in the main series and we get a little tidbit here and there of what was happening in the past, I'd be all for that. But there really does need to be some more substance for people who might not have access to the TTFC series - especially when talking viewers 10-20 years down the road.
Fave | Least Fave Series so far
KR: AgitΩ or Zero-One | Drive
SS: unsure | Maskman
UM: Nexus | Ultra Q
Sentai: Akiballion: Battlemaids of Akihabara | Buddha Man
Other Toku: possibly Shinigami no Ballad | probably Sci-Rop
Ghost23
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Ghost23 »

This series has been hard to get into from the beginning. Not sure if anyone mention it before since I haven't been following the threads for this series, but have anyone notice that Re-Vice's other forms or animal side, are old rider suits repainted with slight modifications to them? Wonder if they are going with a all stamp final form for this series? Also why are the other riders so much cooler looking then Re-vice? I was like OMG!!! when I saw KR Demon's first henshin with the spider motif and the eyes lighting up on the side.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Ghost23 wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 2:32 am This series has been hard to get into from the beginning. Not sure if anyone mention it before since I haven't been following the threads for this series, but have anyone notice that Re-Vice's other forms or animal side, are old rider suits repainted with slight modifications to them?
Which ones? I know they're supposed to be based on past Riders, but I didn't think they'd use the exact suits and just repaint them. Most of them look like wholly new creations from a quick look at the forms
Ghost23
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Ghost23 »

takenoko wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 9:51 am
Ghost23 wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 2:32 am This series has been hard to get into from the beginning. Not sure if anyone mention it before since I haven't been following the threads for this series, but have anyone notice that Re-Vice's other forms or animal side, are old rider suits repainted with slight modifications to them?
Which ones? I know they're supposed to be based on past Riders, but I didn't think they'd use the exact suits and just repaint them. Most of them look like wholly new creations from a quick look at the forms
Not 100% sure on a couple of them, so forgive me if it's wrong for Blade and Agito. Eagle = W, Mammoth = Den O, Ptera = Blade, Megalodon = Decade, Lion = Agito, Jackal = Ex-Aid, Kong = Fourze, Kamakiri = Gaim, Brachio = Zi-O

Blade or Ptera looks similar to original but might be a new.

Also if they don't give Jeanne a power up form, I don't think it's because she's a tertiary rider but more because it's a girl. It's still a ole boy's club over there in Japan.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Hmm I'll have to take a closer look. It didn't look like the old suits to me but maybe they've changed it enough that it's hard to tell at this point

I think both cases can be happening for Jeanne. Like look at the power up history for tertiary riders in the past for precedent. That doesn't mean there also aren't sexist reasons too
Ghost23
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Ghost23 »

Well the suit actors, I'll bet are still short guys underneath that helmet with fake boobs strap to their chest.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Ghost23 wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 3:12 am Well the suit actors, I'll bet are still short guys underneath that helmet with fake boobs strap to their chest.
https://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Miyazawa_Yuki

Sometimes they will get a male suit actor for a female character but it's not that common these days and pretty much never for the mains.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Yeah most the main suit actors are pretty known in these shows:
https://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Kamen_Rid ... unt_Actors