New poll: How long before the Inoue dark turn in DonBros?

Put on your glasses and look at reality
Forum rules

DonBrothers Wiki Link

< Zenkai | Avatarou Sentai DonBrothers | King-Ohger >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Dark turn betting timed

Poll ended at Sun May 29, 2022 10:46 am

First quarter (Eps 1-13)
15%
Second quarter (Eps 14-26)
69%
Third quarter (Eps 27-39)
15%
Fourth quarter (Eps 40-end)
No votes

Total votes: 13
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

New poll: How long before the Inoue dark turn in DonBros?

Post by takenoko »

The main writer of DonBros is Inoue Toshiki, the writer behind Agito, Kiva, 555, and Shougeki Gouraigan (oh and Changerion which I hear is good)
https://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Inoue_Toshiki

How long do you think it'll be before the first real dark turn in DonBros?

Revoting disabled for this poll. Once you make your bet, you're locked in! You have until episode 13's airdate (May 29th) to vote!

For 555
decade368990
Train man
Favorite series: Kuuga
2nd Favorite Series: W
Dreamy: Osaki Ichika and Kudo Mio
Quote: Grow a spine, J.A.R.V.I.S. I got a date. -- Tony Stark

Re: New poll: How long before the Inoue dark turn in DonBros?

Post by decade368990 »

Maybe make a poll for DonBrothers with headings like this:

5 stars (Two big thumbs up)
4 stars (One thumb up)
3 stars (neutral)
2 stars (One middle finger to Inoue Toshiki)
1 star (Two middle fingers to Inoue Toshiki)

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Heh, maybe for the series post depending on how this series goes. Although wouldn't the middle finger make more sense as the last option???
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

They're starting out so goofy and it seems like Inoue's on a tighter leash than usual so my bet is 3rd quarter.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

That's how he gets you! You don't think the guy getting called a cat tongue because he can't drink hot soup will be sticking his hand in the ashes of his best friend and superior at the end of the series. Smearing it all over and not washing it even after he gets home and he tells his other friends about his death!

If you touch a dead body, wash your hands! Unsanitary!
decade368990
Train man
Favorite series: Kuuga
2nd Favorite Series: W
Dreamy: Osaki Ichika and Kudo Mio
Quote: Grow a spine, J.A.R.V.I.S. I got a date. -- Tony Stark

Post by decade368990 »

takenoko wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 12:26 am Heh, maybe for the series post depending on how this series goes. Although wouldn't the middle finger make more sense as the last option???
One middle finger for 2 stars means the whole show is bad and yet does have some good points. Two middle finger for 1 star means screw it, don't care about further catching up.

My bet is Inoue can screw up the 1st quarter. Back in the Kiva year, it was immediately terrible when Nago showed his asshole character and started hunting Kiva.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Lunagel wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 12:45 am They're starting out so goofy and it seems like Inoue's on a tighter leash than usual so my bet is 3rd quarter.
For the same reason, I expect it in Q2. Nothing like a hard turn in the second act!
Thenosa Yechette
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Super Sentai.
Type: INTP Architect
Location: A backwater place in this backwater planet(according to Agent Abrera)

Post by Thenosa Yechette »

takenoko wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:46 am The main writer of DonBros is Inoue Toshiki, the writer behind Agito, Kiva, 555, and Shougeki Gouraigan (oh and Changerion which I hear is good)
https://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Inoue_Toshiki
You forgot Jetman.... The cliffhanger (for 20 years) Sentai......

takenoko wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 1:09 am That's how he gets you! You don't think the guy getting called a cat tongue because he can't drink hot soup will be sticking his hand in the ashes of his best friend and superior at the end of the series. Smearing it all over and not washing it even after he gets home and he tells his other friends about his death!

If you touch a dead body, wash your hands! Unsanitary!
Ok, you lost me there, dude... No clue what that means, most likely cuz I haven't watched any of Inoue's previous works..... I'm guessing it takes the dark turn in the 2nd quarter. But I have high hopes for Donbrothers. So even if it turns dark, hopefully it'll be balanced out properly. I just want to be optimistic this time is all after the painfully mediocre season Zenkaiger has been.... Because I think I'll take exciting but dark over peppy but boring any day...
Thenosa :)

Finished watching:
SS:
Dekaranger
Boukenger
Shinkenger-Ninnninger
Lupinranger VS Patranger-Zenkaiger
Akibaranger
KR:
Kiva
Build
Zero-One -Revice
Misc:
Ryuukendo
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

It's basically a spoiler for 555
Ashki
Mega
Favorite series: no such thing
Dreamy: Mele
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Ashki »

I think you people don't know the power of the Inoue Side. I'm calling first quarter for first bump. Faiz had a dark turn pretty much every quarter, with Agito following the same downwards spiral into despair (Gills usually being the punching bag)... each Inoue Dark Turn (IDT) is always darker than the last. I feel like we're in for a similar ride here.

The Kaito in Dontopia is behaving quite suspiciously. My prediction is that he's really the Kami. We've also already seen a return to Showa Super Sentai where the writers aren't afraid to kill off characters. The heroes have all had their lives completely shattered with the only way to restore it being to swear fealty. However, that's not to say the pendulum is done swinging south. For example, we have a wife who will likely die, turn on her husband, be turned into a villain, or be kidnapped and possibly tortured once the baddies realise they've already seen the sentai members out of their suits and can just hunt them down (usually this only happens in KR, but Toei's been blending the two more and more lately, so anything's possible).

So I'm going to predict one IDT probably around episodes 10-12 (possibly in concurrence with introducing a fifth Ranger ornew baddie). The nest will be around episode 20. Not sure on the third quarter twist, but fourth quarter will be within the final five episodes almost definitely (just look at what happens to Gills and Faiz in those last moments).

Also, now that things are getting back to normal, which episodes will be the "dead zone" ones this year? Every year, they throw in a clipshow or plot-light episode because a major event is scheduled at that time that will draw away viewership and usually they'll do a big reveal right before or after that light ep More than once, the tie-in was a clip show that revealed a new foe or ally by the end but didn't really introduce him into the story yet but gave those who DID watch something to talk about. We haven't had a regular dead zone for a couple years now, so I'm not sure if or when this year to expect it. Inoue isn't above having a major IDT event happen the episode before a filler/clipshow.
Fave | Least Fave Series so far
KR: AgitΩ or Zero-One | Drive
SS: unsure | Maskman
UM: Nexus | Ultra Q
Sentai: Akiballion: Battlemaids of Akihabara | Buddha Man
Other Toku: possibly Shinigami no Ballad | probably Sci-Rop
Mikadius
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Mikadius »

*could you kids lighten up.jpeg*
I mean, as much as I'd like something like that to happen in sentai, we have to admit that faiz and agito happened in during much different times than we are currently in. Back then KR was going for a dorama vibe with superhero topping, whereas nowadays it's more of a new toy parade with a plot to tie it all together and keep the viewer engaged.
I don't think it's possible in KR with the current style of the show, much less in sentai.
(Though some kind of twist will obviously happen, as it helps with said engagement. Just nowhere around the dark stuff discussed here)
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I mean, part of this whole thing is said in jest. Obviously I don't want it to go Inoue dark, but if he keeps dipping into that well and has the reputation, that's a true thing too
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

https://pleuvoire.tumblr.com/post/682023367244677120

/me thinks back to some of Inoue's past plotlines... well that explains some things

Remember this is the guy writing this show XD

Return to “Avatarou Sentai DonBrothers”