DonBrothers 04 discussion thread

Put on your glasses and look at reality
Forum rules

DonBrothers Wiki Link

< Zenkai | Avatarou Sentai DonBrothers | King-Ohger >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Apr 10, 2022 8:41 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
73%
☆☆☆☆
27%
☆☆☆
No votes
☆☆
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 15
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Re: DonBrothers 04 discussion thread

Post by HowlingSnail »

Connie_Edogawa wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:07 am
Thenosa Yechette wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 9:37 am
The 3 villain generals are a non-human species.... They're "The Nōto" :
https://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/donbro/chara ... 3%E4%BA%BA
ah. hadn't heard that yet, so all I had to go on was "they look human and DON'T look like the weird mook dudes when the Don Bros are wearing their glasses, so they're either weird humans or not human at all, and the show will clarify eventually."
To be fair, it's not like the show has really given us any explanation about anything at all, so I wouldn't blame anyone for not knowing that.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

The Nōto huh? As in aNōtor Timejakers?

Okay, I will start calling them the Nōto. It might take a while before I can wean myself from calling the female Nōto "Another Ora".
Mikadius
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Mikadius »

Japan really seems to have a speeding vehicle problem, huh
This was a 2nd time in 4 episodes when somebody had to use ranger powers in a situation that could have been avoided if everybody heeded to speed limits and had general spatial awareness.
+there was also a guy who full-speed crashed into the monster in ep1
Mikadius
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Mikadius »

Also, it's has been 2 episodes in a row without a giant robo battle
Feels weird
Ashki
Mega
Favorite series: no such thing
Dreamy: Mele
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Ashki »

Mikadius wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 3:55 pm Also, it's has been 2 episodes in a row without a giant robo battle
Feels weird
As someone who's a huge fan of GoRanger, I'm quite enjoying the change. Mecha battles didn't even exist until Battle Fever J, and I often feel the formula leans too heavily on them. They often rush plotlines and sacrifice character development so they can get the MotW battle in, then squeeze the mecha battle in right after. A lot of the time, the mech battles even feel like filler material.

I have a feeling we'll be seeing the mech battles return in the next couple episodes because the baddies will find some way to corrupt the cleansing process or otherwise interfere with it, leading to the giant monster trope. The fact that the whole team finally comes together next week is a good indicator that Inoue is planning to start ramping up on the action and that introductions are now (mostly) over savce for seeing how the characters interact in their civvies. That will probably last another few episodes, if his past works are any indication.

I also suspect we'll be seeing a long-overdue return to the "busted mech" trope where they'll have to face off against the giant monster without the aid of their usual mecha due to it being heavily damaged or even destroyed in the previous ep. Those make for some of the most memorable episodes, such as the debut of Grand Liner (GoGoV) where it was literally twice the size of the monsters before ey had to shrink it down to match Victory Robo once it was fully repaired.
Fave | Least Fave Series so far
KR: AgitΩ or Zero-One | Drive
SS: unsure | Maskman
UM: Nexus | Ultra Q
Sentai: Akiballion: Battlemaids of Akihabara | Buddha Man
Other Toku: possibly Shinigami no Ballad | probably Sci-Rop
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Ashki wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 4:44 pm I also suspect we'll be seeing a long-overdue return to the "busted mech" trope where they'll have to face off against the giant monster without the aid of their usual mecha due to it being heavily damaged or even destroyed in the previous ep. Those make for some of the most memorable episodes, such as the debut of Grand Liner (GoGoV) where it was literally twice the size of the monsters before ey had to shrink it down to match Victory Robo once it was fully repaired.
It won't be a busted mech. It will be Master deciding not to summon the other half of the combination.
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

i couldnbt place the model kit the kid was building. i sort of looked like a gundam kit from ironblooded orphans known as a shiden but then the head wasnt right, nor did the hips match. if anything it resembles a 30 minute missions kit, but not one thats currently out, per say, there is a green one that comes close but its looks like it has at least 2 add on kits with it, but they produced all the runners in matching colors which the 3 kits dont match exactly. since bandai makes the sentai toys and model kits im guessing they could get a special print for a show prop?

was it explained that the motw are produced by the person, similar to the minusaur from Ryusoulger? or is it like the monster preys on a person on a persons greed (they mentioned "avarice" so im guessing thats the monster food this time around) and once that emotion hits a "max" the monster processes the person? i think i missed that part or did they plainly not tell us yet since its unclear why sentai gears are being collected.

also, is the avatar change thing something only Don Momtaro can do? or can the rest do it? because if they can i have a feeling thats how theyll do their mecha, similar to shinkenger, the avatars will grow big and combine.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

midorininger wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 1:36 pm i couldnbt place the model kit the kid was building. i sort of looked like a gundam kit from ironblooded orphans known as a shiden but then the head wasnt right, nor did the hips match. if anything it resembles a 30 minute missions kit, but not one thats currently out, per say, there is a green one that comes close but its looks like it has at least 2 add on kits with it, but they produced all the runners in matching colors which the 3 kits dont match exactly. since bandai makes the sentai toys and model kits im guessing they could get a special print for a show prop?
Maybe it's a few sets kit bashed together to look like a generic mecha? I don't recognize it either, and I feel like Toei wouldn't get a license for a Gundam to show up in their show
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by midorininger »

thats why i think its a 30 minute missions kit.

its pretty said that the plamo is taking attention of the lack of sentai mecha but im also ok with this. i liked classic sentai where the giant battles came around episode 10.
Mikadius
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Mikadius »

midorininger wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 1:36 pm i couldnbt place the model kit the kid was building. i sort of looked like a gundam kit from ironblooded orphans known as a shiden but then the head wasnt right, nor did the hips match. if anything it resembles a 30 minute missions kit, but not one thats currently out, per say, there is a green one that comes close but its looks like it has at least 2 add on kits with it, but they produced all the runners in matching colors which the 3 kits dont match exactly. since bandai makes the sentai toys and model kits im guessing they could get a special print for a show prop?
Woa, it does totally match "30 minute missions" legs, portanova to be exact. Good eye!
In fact, you can see a portanova torso on the table, but then the complete model has a different one. My guess is they've just mashed a couple of kits together - they all use the same sized pegs and polycaps after all. Maybe painted it a bit to have the same color for a "full-body" shot. Maybe not even that - I wouldn't be surprised if bandai has the same standard "Char red" or something that they've used in several kits.
midorininger wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 1:36 pm was it explained that the motw are produced by the person, similar to the minusaur from Ryusoulger? or is it like the monster preys on a person on a persons greed (they mentioned "avarice" so im guessing thats the monster food this time around) and once that emotion hits a "max" the monster processes the person? i think i missed that part or did they plainly not tell us yet since its unclear why sentai gears are being collected.
I think the monsters are manifestations of desire..? I don't believe it was properly explained in the show (yet), but the wiki says that and they usually get stuff like that from magazines and the official website. Also, I'm just calling them evil stands.
Overall this season seems to be going for a way more mystical and gradual approach - the only expositions so far were all character-oriented.
midorininger wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 1:36 pm also, is the avatar change thing something only Don Momtaro can do? or can the rest do it? because if they can i have a feeling thats how theyll do their mecha, similar to shinkenger, the avatars will grow big and combine.
could be, but it's not a very sentai thing to change a toy from one purpose to another. Seems more likely to me they'll each just get new mechs
Spoiler
Though momotaro avatarchange toy is designed to come apart and has ports and very bendable joints, those are probably for more past sentai-themed combinations like it had with toQ and will have with jyuo
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by midorininger »

Mikadius wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 4:17 pm
Woa, it does totally match "30 minute missions" legs, portanova to be exact. Good eye!
In fact, you can see a portanova torso on the table, but then the complete model has a different one. My guess is they've just mashed a couple of kits together - they all use the same sized pegs and polycaps after all. Maybe painted it a bit to have the same color for a "full-body" shot. Maybe not even that - I wouldn't be surprised if bandai has the same standard "Char red" or something that they've used in several kits.
midorininger wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 1:36 pm was it explained that the motw are produced by the person, similar to the minusaur from Ryusoulger? or is it like the monster preys on a person on a persons greed (they mentioned "avarice" so im guessing thats the monster food this time around) and once that emotion hits a "max" the monster processes the person? i think i missed that part or did they plainly not tell us yet since its unclear why sentai gears are being collected.
I think the monsters are manifestations of desire..? I don't believe it was properly explained in the show (yet), but the wiki says that and they usually get stuff like that from magazines and the official website. Also, I'm just calling them evil stands.
Overall this season seems to be going for a way more mystical and gradual approach - the only expositions so far were all character-oriented.
midorininger wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 1:36 pm also, is the avatar change thing something only Don Momtaro can do? or can the rest do it? because if they can i have a feeling thats how theyll do their mecha, similar to shinkenger, the avatars will grow big and combine.
could be, but it's not a very sentai thing to change a toy from one purpose to another. Seems more likely to me they'll each just get new mechs
Spoiler
Though momotaro avatarchange toy is designed to come apart and has ports and very bendable joints, those are probably for more past sentai-themed combinations like it had with toQ and will have with jyuo
yeah the hips match the porta nova, and has the commander add on parts. cant place the back pack though.

Return to “Avatarou Sentai DonBrothers”