Kamen Rider Revice 29 Discussion thread

All that exists in my heart is cholesterol...

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Apr 17, 2022 10:26 pm

★★★★★
14%
★★★★
43%
★★★
43%
★★
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 7
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Kamen Rider Revice 29 Discussion thread

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Last episode rating: 4.5 of 5 stars (8 votes)

Even if the wraparound is amusing, a clip show is still a clip show

Has Ikki always been bad with electronics? Feels made up for this episode

Hmmm, feels like scapegoating Karizaki's mad scientist stuff on the director (I should probably learn his name someday) is kind of disappointing

"Crap, we don't have Weekend footage". Oh, we'll just use Sakura's memories

I wonder if the dancers behind Karizaki are suit actors

When a boss character becomes a regular mook

Ice, fire, lightning, what element will Revice do next?

Are they going to sell that Kadota dvd?

Is Sakura moving in with Weekend? What?

Are they finally going to explain why Ikki is disappearing

The non-clip show parts are 4 stars, but it loses one for me for using so much recycled footage. Like we weren't really learning anything new, and the stuff with the siblings all going off on their own probably should have been in a full episode where the plot mattered. Heck, we don't even get to see Hiromi react to the video that gets made
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Re: Kamen Rider Revice 29 Discussion thread

Post by HowlingSnail »

George says don't pirate Kamen Rider footage.

Next week's casting choices are, um...interesting.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

takenoko wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 10:26 pmIce, fire, lightning, what element will Revice do next?
isn't the newest form also wind?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Connie_Edogawa wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 1:32 pm
takenoko wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 10:26 pmIce, fire, lightning, what element will Revice do next?
isn't the newest form also wind?
Dang, they thought of it all
Aeikozz
Faiz
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Smart Brain Lady
Favorite Band: Bennie K
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Aeikozz »

i feel like it's a requirement that every season has a recap episode.
MaxHazard
Infinity

Post by MaxHazard »

Is it the first time we hear Lovekov says Hiromi? all the while is just the word love

So Hiromi has lost his memory....

sigh... Julio is back with calling Aguilera Aguilera Aguilera again

How come Sakura need to move out in order to join Weekend?

Does that mean all the while no one notice that Ikki is missing in most of the photos? I mean really?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I guess being next door is so far away
SVNBob
Go Go!
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by SVNBob »

MaxHazard wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 6:44 am So Hiromi has lost his memory....
Has he though?

Remember that just before the Fenix helicarrier crashed and he got blasted off the quarry cliff by Demons Olteca, Hiromi was retiring from Fenix. He was done and heading home. Now he is home, and the Igarashi brothers show up at his door. He probably assumed they were going to try to bring him back into the fight. Faking amnesia was the quickest way to get them off his back without having to explain anything.

Plus, the look on his face as he spoke to them wasn't really one of surprise or non-recognition. It looked like he actually recognized them. And when he claimed to not recognize them, he was looking at Ikki. Not only the "leader" of the group, but the sibling most likely to back off if Hiromi wasn't "able" to return.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Saw someone post this on tumblr

Ashki
Mega
Favorite series: no such thing
Dreamy: Mele
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Ashki »

Normally I'd agree that a clip episode should just be a 3/5, but this turned out to be quite entertaining. I feel like the better clips episodes are the ones where they have a reason to recap, and this isn't the first time we've had a movie theme or a big enemy reveal for the second half (even though we kind of already knew who it was this time around.

I feel like Ikki's done something before in terms of damaging equipment, but I think the original intent was "you're a clutz". Also, George's segment was just plain creepy, but it was nice seeing the Ichigo henshin pose thrown in there.

For me, it was a lot of little details that made this episode shine. Everyone knew Hiromi wasn't dead, and I think I have to agree with SVNBob's assessment. The whole movie thing would thus have been just another of George's self-indulgences. We also get a little update that Aguilera's completely vanished, which I feel was added to let us know "hey, the cute demon girl will be gone for a few episodes". It was also great to see them finally call Julio out on his simping.

As for Vice leaking the footage, it seemed far more tongue-in-cheek than a call-out. Let's not forget the CEO is a fan of fansubs and the corporate lawyers are the ones who are actually causing rifts. Hell, I'm still amused by the little jokes that were made at the time when upcoming footage was being leaked over Twitter, which was essentially "You're not supposed to know about this stuff outside of Japan" with a grammatical wink and nudge.

We're kind of used to Vice breaking the fourth wall, but this time we got to see George do it (and everyone react), followed by Ikki FINALLY asking Vice who he keeps talking to. We also get to see the typical RPG recolours = stronger gimmick in action.

But what's more important is that they actually invested time in setting up the second half. We have George finally noticing that Ikki is vanishing from photos, which will likely play a huge role in the second half, just as similar hinted plot points became major focal points in Faiz and OOO. We have the siblings splitting but not splitting, with the eldest remaining at home base, Daiji pointing out that his subplot will be cleaning up FeniX, and Sakura's will be scoping out Weekend to find out who they really are. The fact that she's actually moving next door suggests she plans to do some snooping around, especially since the group's leader has firsthand knowledge about their father's past. And we got to see that Gifu already has an army incubating and has purchased real estate straight out of Garo.

So yeah, there wasn't a whole lot of new (clip shows never are), but thy kept the clips entertaining with the way they were narrated and edited. We also had a few fan nitpicks addressed and the subplots for all three siblings AND the director are all now established (They're gong to have to bring up the "big" Deadmans-worked-for-FeniX reveal again for those who skipped the clips ep, though). If clip shows weren't a necessary evil due to how KR and SS are scheduled, this might've scored much lower, but I was genuinely entertained for once between the Vice ego-fest, Daiji's Greek tragedy, and George's Jane Fonda workout. and they actually put a lot more new material into the ep than usual, especially with how many questions they addressed and how much they set up for what's to come.
Fave | Least Fave Series so far
KR: AgitΩ or Zero-One | Drive
SS: unsure | Maskman
UM: Nexus | Ultra Q
Sentai: Akiballion: Battlemaids of Akihabara | Buddha Man
Other Toku: possibly Shinigami no Ballad | probably Sci-Rop

Return to “Kamen Rider Revice”