Kamen Rider Revice 30 Discussion thread

All that exists in my heart is cholesterol...

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Apr 24, 2022 11:17 pm

★★★★★
33%
★★★★
17%
★★★
33%
★★
17%
No votes

Total votes: 6
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Kamen Rider Revice 30 Discussion thread

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Last episode rating: 3.71 of 5 stars (7 votes)

Why does this feel like another filler episode? "Go save money by having a story around the set. We already have Kimura Subaru here, just have him be the guest"

A farting monster of the week. Nice

LOL Hello there, Sakura. Time to show off her new costume. Out of curiosity, do the Weekend members do anything? I'm still not totally clear on if the members do anything besides sending Sakura a belt

Hmmm, how long till they have to fight Kamen Rider Akaishi...

Ooh, Aguilera's also getting a costume change?

Why do they always try to use soccer to fill in boring Riders? Didn't they try to give Haruto from Wizard a soccer backstory too?

Oh, nearly didn't notice Tamaki working at Happy Spa...

I wish the doctor had more to do. She seems like a neat character. Like Tenenbaum from Bioshock

What is this weird tonal shift? At least Tamaki got to do a Gundam reference

Man, the driver just chanting the entire time Revice is doing his finisher is pretty annoying

Oh, the photos and ilustrations are back.

I don't even know what's going on. Is this a story if you don't know what's going on or why people are mad at Ikki? It feels like they wanted to do a filler episode before going on to the next major story point. Also... we just did a whole episode about Hiromi without showing his character and he doesn't appear here either...
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Re: Kamen Rider Revice 30 Discussion thread

Post by HowlingSnail »

So not only do we get Kimura stroking his own ego, but we also have Ikki and Vice being interviewed by Sho Ronpo and Ryutaros for some reason. Ikki's friend hates him for some reason, and we're in a dream now apparently?
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

This episode really rubbed me the wrong way. It seems awfully masterbatory to essentially have the main seiyuu of the show telling everyone just how awesome he is and Toei letting him do it to show how awesome they are for hiring him. It's one thing to do this sort of dialogue for a fictional character, a whole other when it's a real person. I like cameos, but this was just mugging for the camera.
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

takenoko wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 11:17 pmAlso... we just did a whole episode about Hiromi without showing his character and he doesn't appear here either...
that's not true. he appeared for 3 whole seconds last week to say he didn't know who Ikki and Daiji were.

which honestly feels worse than if they just hadn't had him show up, because this means they HAD him and didn't use him, as opposed to just not having/being able to get him.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Lol good point
Ashki
Mega
Favorite series: no such thing
Dreamy: Mele
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Ashki »

I actually enjoyed this episode. Is this the first time the Director's name was actually given on-screen?

They kind of let the cat out of the bag on this one, because they made it pretty obvious what Ikki did wrong, as well as who's controlling the MotW. But i do love that they're going back and addressing an important character flaw finally.

We know Ikki got his busybody nature from his mother (as well as several other qualities), but a lot of his interactions early in the show made him seem almost arrogant. The battle with the lawyer was when he first began to regret this side of himself. He's come a long way since then, but now that he's forced to face his past, he's blotted the whole thing out. Arrogance does that.

The MotW i a bit of a mixed bag. On the surface, it's bringing back the fart jokes, but now we know that was some form of hallucinogen. But what happened to Vice? Ikki couldn't find him right before the hallucination began. It's interestingto see Ikki facing his past arrogance again, despite still not connecting the dots as to who's doing this and why his best friend is mad at him. Hopefully this will come to light next episode.

I get that it felt like filler for some, but it's also a plot thread that needed to be concluded. We also got to see Aguilera turn away from her own past (I'm sad she burned her dress, but she and Sakura do look pretty hot in their new outfits). I have a feeling she'll remain sidelined a while longer while the Ikki's ego thread is wrapped up.

I could say a lot more on the main plot, but will hold off until they outright say it since a lot of people didn't catch on to what's happening. But I will say, it's nice to see the doctor get so much screen (and leg) time. The more she appears, the more important she seems to be. I'll wager she's also a former member of NOAH, possibly towards the top. She's a little young to be George's mother, but could be related to him based on how casual they are around each other and how she seems to enjoy messing with him. It wouldn't surprise me if they're siblings.

On a side note, they're being very careful on the reveals between the main series and Vail. Vail's giving us a lot of good backstory but is playing out more like a dorama. And even though Akaishi's role in NOAH was revealed, he hasn't been seen or mentioned in Vail so far. Watching the father and son shows side-by-side has proven far more fulfilling than Kiva's constant time-hopping with the same plot happening for both father and son in each episode. It almost feels like someone at TOEI finally figured out the secret to great toku and has taken over the whole shebang.
Fave | Least Fave Series so far
KR: AgitΩ or Zero-One | Drive
SS: unsure | Maskman
UM: Nexus | Ultra Q
Sentai: Akiballion: Battlemaids of Akihabara | Buddha Man
Other Toku: possibly Shinigami no Ballad | probably Sci-Rop
msf232
Faiz
Dreamy: 민지여신
Favorite Band: Dreamcatcher
My boom: Nothing definite, changes from time to time
Type: ISTP Crafter

Post by msf232 »

Aguilera looks awesome in her new outfit

I paused when they showed Director Akaishi's file
In the section where schools (?) were listed, there was a mention of a US state called "ヨイズノー"
Am I missing something, or did they make up a fictional state for no reason whatsoever?
Last edited by msf232 on Sat Apr 16, 2022 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Finished:
Dairanger, Shinkenger, Kyoryuger–キングオージャー
Kuuga–Geats
Nexus, R/B
Ryukendo, Rescue Force
スパイダーマン
CH THE LIVE
Akibaranger, Akiba S痛
Wakusaver S2, Jyuukaizar
CPH GandD
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

msf232 wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 1:36 am Aguilera looks awesome in her new outfit

I paused when they showed Director Akaishi's file
In the section where schools (?) were listed, there was a mention of an US state called "ヨイズノー"
Am I missing something, or did they make up a fictional state for no reason whatsoever?
ヨイズノー州 オフリヴィア大学

Oh yeah, weird. I mean, it does take place in the N.E. timeline so maybe it doesn't totally line up with our real world history?

Return to “Kamen Rider Revice”