DonBrothers 06 and Spin-off discussion thread

Put on your glasses and look at reality
Forum rules

DonBrothers Wiki Link

< Zenkai | Avatarou Sentai DonBrothers | King-Ohger >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Apr 24, 2022 7:57 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
67%
☆☆☆☆
33%
☆☆☆
No votes
☆☆
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 9
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Re: DonBrothers 06 and Spin-off discussion thread

Post by HowlingSnail »

takenoko wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:55 pm >But it's a very weird complex to have, since at this point they would have been in a relationship for multiple years.

That's a good question, because I was under the impression that they met and got married right away. They don't seem like they've been married for very long. In the intro to his wife, doesn't he say they've only been married a few months? Honestly it feels like they've only known each other a year or less
I think Tsuyoshi is just one of those people who constantly looks down on themselves. He's madly in love with his wife and thinks the world of her, so naturally he thinks "Well, someone that amazing couldn't possible put up with me for long". What I don't get it why he won't tell her he's a Donbrother. Has Jin told him he's not allowed? Is he afraid she'll leave him for the crime of being a superhero?
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

HowlingSnail wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 4:49 am
takenoko wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:55 pm >But it's a very weird complex to have, since at this point they would have been in a relationship for multiple years.

That's a good question, because I was under the impression that they met and got married right away. They don't seem like they've been married for very long. In the intro to his wife, doesn't he say they've only been married a few months? Honestly it feels like they've only known each other a year or less
I think Tsuyoshi is just one of those people who constantly looks down on themselves. He's madly in love with his wife and thinks the world of her, so naturally he thinks "Well, someone that amazing couldn't possible put up with me for long". What I don't get it why he won't tell her he's a Donbrother. Has Jin told him he's not allowed? Is he afraid she'll leave him for the crime of being a superhero?
Oh yeah. Seems kind of weird for him to keep that secret from his wife. A minor plot hole
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

takenoko wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 11:42 am
HowlingSnail wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 4:49 am

Oh yeah. Seems kind of weird for him to keep that secret from his wife. A minor plot hole
Can civvies even perceive the DonBrothers? We know they can see the monsters, but thus far the series has gone out of its way to avoid having the Bros interact with civvies. Which, if nothing else, is consistent with Mrs. Pink being oblivious to how she was rescued.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Might explain how the DonBros grabbing that mom and kid and pulling them through portals didn't alert them that they were in danger
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

takenoko wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 3:40 pm Might explain how the DonBros grabbing that mom and kid and pulling them through portals didn't alert them that they were in danger
I had completely forgotten about that. Yeah, that further reinforces my point.

I have to presume then that when they transform, they're fighting on the higher plane of existence. Which is why they can't be seen, and why they have access to things like the hidden doors. (Though that doesn't explain why the Nouto descend to the human world to assassinate the MOTWs)

So even if Mr. Pink told his wife what was up, he'd be unable to prove it.
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

ViRGE wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:49 pm
takenoko wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 11:42 am

Can civvies even perceive the DonBrothers? We know they can see the monsters, but thus far the series has gone out of its way to avoid having the Bros interact with civvies. Which, if nothing else, is consistent with Mrs. Pink being oblivious to how she was rescued.
Sentai has always had this weird relationship with civilians, and it's something Power Rangers usually does better. In Power Rangers characters talk about the Rangers and the monsters, whereas in Sentai it often feels like they're in their own little bubble where civilians are blissfully unaware of all these monster attacks.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers

Return to “Avatarou Sentai DonBrothers”