DonBrothers 07 discussion thread

Put on your glasses and look at reality
Forum rules

DonBrothers Wiki Link

< Zenkai | Avatarou Sentai DonBrothers | King-Ohger >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun May 01, 2022 9:37 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
25%
☆☆☆☆
25%
☆☆☆
50%
☆☆
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 8
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

DonBrothers 07 discussion thread

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Last week's ratings: 4.67 of 5 stars (9 votes)

That nerd reading the shogi book is a real anime character

Is every other seat empty because of corona?

Shirtless poet

Looks like yellow falls down in the return from cm bit

LOl, they shrunk pink to make him fit in the chair. Is there no end to the cgi being a bad idea

Pretty great thta even when you become a monster, you still have allergies

Nice duel betweeen Momotarou and Sonoi

They've really got Momotarou acting up in the cockpit

Overall, felt kind of like a bottle episode. We don't really learn that much about Haruka, Shinichi, or Tarou here, even though they're the main focus of the episode. Even the red versus blue stuff is just a repeat of Kijino's from last episode for the most part. I'm constantly puzzled by the mecha battles. Why do they make a new suit for the giant version of the monster of the week? Are they supposed to look like the robo from the respective series, I guess?

And just because I don't think I've ever commented on it, the school uniforms for Haruka's school are great. Pretty silly that none of the actors from episode one return. It's not like Haruka changed classes
Sinkuu
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Quote: Let's make it Showy!

Re: DonBrothers 07 discussion thread

Post by Sinkuu »

reminder to move this to the donbrothers forum.

I'm still trying to piece shit together, but this is making less sense than more....
Electrix
There are five lights!
There are five lights!

Post by Electrix »

takenoko wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 9:37 pm Pretty silly that none of the actors from episode one return. It's not like Haruka changed classes
Isn't it meant to be a voluntary extra class, like an after school club or something.
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

Was the main character in the folk tale "the peach boy" a Gary Stu?

Is Momoi Tarou the most annoying Red so far? (I haven't seen that many Super Sentai so I don't know if there have been other Red's who treat their comrades like dirt and are super OP compared to them.)

Other than the Kaito character having the same name and cosplaying a Zenkaiger, why is this a sequel?

Will Sonoza learn how to laugh by having a Popsicle randomly fly into his mouth?

This episode was really good, until Torou showed up. Yellow/Blue make a good comedy team, we get to see Yellow enduring her plagiarism accusation by not reacting to it, and we get to see that Haruka's class mates have some personality. Green and Black also get to show that they are on the job of hunting down horrors.

Should Tarou's theme song be Depeche Mode's "Policy of Truth"?
Gokider
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Gokider »

resop2 wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 7:17 am Other than the Kaito character having the same name and cosplaying a Zenkaiger, why is this a sequel?
The gear being the same even if it looks different.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Electrix wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 4:23 am
takenoko wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 9:37 pm Pretty silly that none of the actors from episode one return. It's not like Haruka changed classes
Isn't it meant to be a voluntary extra class, like an after school club or something.
Sure, but you'd think they'd bring back an actor or two for world building. Like what's been going on with Haruka's exboyfriend? In Kiramager, we see Jyuuru's classmates at least twice in the series

>Was the main character in the folk tale "the peach boy" a Gary Stu?

Well, he was a mythical hero who took out the oni from Onigashima Island. Don't remember if he was good at everything, that might change depending on the storyteller, but here Momotarou seems to be a representation of a classic Japanese hero

>Is Momoi Tarou the most annoying Red so far?

Red Buster was also pretty unlikable, but I thought that fit his character

Commercials:
Still love Kiji and Inu in the live show
Aeikozz
Faiz
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Smart Brain Lady
Favorite Band: Bennie K
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Aeikozz »

Still Loving this. Wish the Cgi Suits would get some kind cannon fix so they don't have to keep being animated but other than that. This was another wonderful episode.
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

resop2 wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 7:17 amIs Momoi Tarou the most annoying Red so far? (I haven't seen that many Super Sentai so I don't know if there have been other Red's who treat their comrades like dirt and are super OP compared to them.)
I'm actually quite impressed that the show is self-aware enough to realise that Red is an annoying prick. Normally they just worship him.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
Mikadius
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Mikadius »

When the shogi guy replied to blue's suggestion of daydreming/delusion with "we're already doing that every day" - I felt that.

The rest of the team is starting to feel pretty redundant. It's like grinding low-level characters in an rpg or something: momotaro just solo's everything and the rest of the team hang around for the EXP.
I guess they are setting up for something to make them more engaged..?
Maybe even a team mecha, since that is also something this season is yet to have.
(speaking of mechs, that random ice shot ability was so out of nowhere lul)
takenoko wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 9:37 pm I'm constantly puzzled by the mecha battles. Why do they make a new suit for the giant version of the monster of the week? Are they supposed to look like the robo from the respective series, I guess?
I mean, yeah..? Head is different every time and resembles the respective giant robo. Body stays the same, but they actually color parts of it to match said robo (for example, keisatsuking had light green and pink arms, matching patokaizer)
I think it's a neat, especially them going extra by matching the color
Would've preferred full-body unique designs obviously, but apparently we can't have those anymore :'(
Last edited by Mikadius on Sat Apr 23, 2022 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dellorandsupersentaj
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: zenkaiger and wakusaver
2nd Favorite Series: Timeranger
Dreamy: Rajura
Favorite Actor?: Yume shinjo
Favorite Band: Jo1 and bts
My boom: Taiwanese, japanese, and (south) korean snacks, shows, pop music, and cultures (i like those things from taiwan, japan, and south korea
Type: ENTJ Fieldmarshal
Location: Chernobyl (JK) i live in poland (jk i dont live in poland im an north American fan of toku)

Post by Dellorandsupersentaj »

Donbrothers is aweosme so far.
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

Mikadius wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 4:24 pm The rest of the team is starting to feel pretty redundant. It's like grinding low-level characters in an rpg or something: momotaro just solo's everything and the rest of the team hang around for the EXP.
I wouldn't mind this if there was more nuance to the battles. The way Red crushes the enemies with brute force makes the victories feel unearned.
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

the girl who asked about his underwear looks like White Swam from jetman just a bit.

filler episode, but we havent seen Zenkaiser Black in awhile, so there is that. but episode 7 and the team doesnt help really in the giant fight, which is making me wonder where theyre going. Like, are they taking a slam at how the reds have been the main character and the rest of the cast was kinda there in many of the past seasons, SO, this season the cast is more interesting than the red, and he doesnt do anything particularly great while the rest of them try to make sense of what going on. if anything Don Momoitarou is the antired. he's not liked byt many or even his team, and he isnt depended on, and when he is, he falls flat and leaves them confused. in that laughing in battle is kinda of D-baggy. kind of makes you wonder.
Millsy
Favorite series: Zero-One | Donbrothers | Dyna | Makai Senki
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O | Lupinranger VS Patranger | Decker | Gold Storm
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by Millsy »

Kinoue is too strong

I've never loved a Toei Tokusatsu this much ever since I began watching toku in 2014

I'm always excited for the next episode, this show really is something else.
watch ultraman ginga it's actually a really fantastic show
Dellorandsupersentaj
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: zenkaiger and wakusaver
2nd Favorite Series: Timeranger
Dreamy: Rajura
Favorite Actor?: Yume shinjo
Favorite Band: Jo1 and bts
My boom: Taiwanese, japanese, and (south) korean snacks, shows, pop music, and cultures (i like those things from taiwan, japan, and south korea
Type: ENTJ Fieldmarshal
Location: Chernobyl (JK) i live in poland (jk i dont live in poland im an north American fan of toku)

Post by Dellorandsupersentaj »

I cant wait till it is released
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

midorininger wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 5:41 pm filler episode, but we havent seen Zenkaiser Black in awhile, so there is that
Kaito's actor is still busy with Zenkaiger stuff, the Final Live Tour is on at the moment. I imagine his role will pick up once Kiita has more time to actually film.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers

Return to “Avatarou Sentai DonBrothers”