Genms Smart Brain to 1000% no Crisis 01 Discussion Thread

Everything starts at 0. I mean 1.
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Zero-One Wiki Link

< Zi-O | Zero-One |

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Genms Smart Brain to 1000% no Crisis 01 Discussion Thread

Post by takenoko »

Wiki

lol that usb card (I forget what they called them) with the drawing of genm

Why is Thouser bringing Genm back to life? That's just asking for trouble

Wow Rin changed immediately

Man, Mr. Thousand really hasn't learned his lesson has he?

Where does that plug in? Did they give Kuroto an uncharged body because they knew he'd betray them. Looks like it plugged into his butt

Man the Ex-Aid belts look like toys for 3 year olds

That wall recovered quickly

Oh, that's exciting. I wasn't sure who Smart Lady was (guess she's listed as Smart Queen in the credits) That's Haga Yuria! And that costume is fantastic, love it

That was fun. I didn't realize that Ren was played by Kote Shinya. Pretty amazed the April Fools from last year is still continuing on. At least this stuff is more entertaining that the Zero-One Others series
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Re: Genms Smart Brain to 1000% no Crisis 01 Discussion Thread

Post by TypicalStandUser »

I liked this one. I hope the Musou Gashat gets a DX release.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Man, that was fun!

On the one hand, I'm amused (and perhaps a bit bemused) that they're essentially spinning last year's April Fool's joke into a slightly more serious endeavor.

On the other hand, I'm mortified that a part 2 wasn't announced here, despite the fact that it's obviously just the first part to a bigger story. I can only assume they're going to pick this up next year, and I don't want to wait a year to see where this is going! At least with The Presidents, it had a soft clifhanger ending; but this special demands a sequel.

Whoever came up with the idea of pairing up Gai and Kuroto really struck gold here. They're such perfect foils for each other. Gai wants to be evil, but he just doesn't have it in him to be truly evil. Meanwhile Kuroto is the most magnificent dick to grace the KR universe. And the sheer hamminess of it all really sells the fact that Kuroto is an unapologetic megalomaniac.:lol:

Despite being a less-than-completely-serious production, the plot here is kind of interesting. So the anti-Ark is running around, and like all good AIs, it's going to eliminate humanity out of paternalistic love. So of course, you need the biggest, baddest, evilest Kamen Rider to counter it. It's as good of a conceit as you can hope to get from these specials.

And the circle is now complete... Ganm has his own evil version of Ex-Aid's ultimate form. Despite being what's undoubtedly a quick and dirty kitbash, it actually looks pretty good? The golden dreadlocks on Ex-Aid were always out of place, but they work better on Genm. And of course, I love that even when the chips look down, Kuroto has a secret backup plan to turn things in his favor. Half the fun of the character has been how he pulls these crazy, hero-like turnabouts to further his evil plans.:D

Meanwhile, is it me, or has Thouser put on a little weight? You can see it in his face.
takenoko wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 11:14 pm lol that usb card (I forget what they called them) with the drawing of genm
That was surprisingly detailed for a one-off gag item. And I guess that would technically be another progrise key?
Man the Ex-Aid belts look like toys for 3 year olds
True. But it's such a fun transformation sequence that holds up well even 5 years(!) after Ex-Aid went off the air.
Oh, that's exciting. I wasn't sure who Smart Lady was (guess she's listed as Smart Queen in the credits) That's Haga Yuria! And that costume is fantastic, love it
And all the more reason I'll be peeved if this doesn't get an additional part or three! There was way too much effort put into that costume for a quick-one off.

PS The title of this thread should probably be updated to use the fully translated title of the special

Edit: I've been meaning to ask: what's TTFC been up to as of late, anyhow? This is the first thing I've seen them put out since the last of the Ryusoulger special last year.
Last edited by ViRGE on Thu Apr 28, 2022 12:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
Kamen Rider Blade
Go Go!
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Type: ENTJ Fieldmarshal

Post by Kamen Rider Blade »

I liked the fact that we got to see Haga Yuria as "Smart Queen"

But I wonder if there was a reason why we didn't see the "Smart Lady" reprise her role?
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

ViRGE wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 11:51 pm
Edit: I've been meaning to ask: what's TTFC been up to as of late, anyhow? This is the first thing I've seen them put out since the last of the Ryusoulger special last year.
Let's see, there's a Junretsu mini drama, audio commentaries, a Revice mini anime, Vail series, Stacy/Tsuukaiser's music videos, a Saber radio show (? srsly?), and a couple of live broadcasts. Mostly pretty low-budget, low-effort stuff, tbh, and I'm not sure all of that is even TTFC exclusive.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

>On the other hand, I'm mortified that a part 2 wasn't announced here, despite the fact that it's obviously just the first part to a bigger story. I can only assume they're going to pick this up next year, and I don't want to wait a year to see where this is going! At least with The Presidents, it had a soft clifhanger ending; but this special demands a sequel.

Yeah it's bizarre. Maybe they're having trouble lining up people's schedules?

>Meanwhile, is it me, or has Thouser put on a little weight? You can see it in his face.

Yeah, for sure

>lol that usb card (I forget what they called them) with the drawing of genm[/quote]That was surprisingly detailed for a one-off gag item. And I guess that would technically be another progrise key?

Was it Gashats or Progrise Keys?

>Edit: I've been meaning to ask: what's TTFC been up to as of late, anyhow? This is the first thing I've seen them put out since the last of the Ryusoulger special last year.

I mean they're doing Vail for Revice

>But I wonder if there was a reason why we didn't see the "Smart Lady" reprise her role?

I feel like I saw that she had retired when. Which is too bad if true, since her character acting in Ryuki and 555 is great
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

takenoko wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 2:24 am >But I wonder if there was a reason why we didn't see the "Smart Lady" reprise her role?

I feel like I saw that she had retired when. Which is too bad if true, since her character acting in Ryuki and 555 is great
It doesn't say anywhere on JP web that she officially retired, but her profile isn't up on her agency's website and she hasn't had a gig since 2014 sooooo, yeah, soft retirement.
msf232
Faiz
Dreamy: 민지여신
Favorite Band: Dreamcatcher
My boom: Nothing definite, changes from time to time
Type: ISTP Crafter

Post by msf232 »

They're still going with the "THOUSER-INTELLION"–"サウザンインテリオン" mistake, I see
Finished:
Dairanger, Shinkenger, Kyoryuger–キングオージャー
Kuuga–Geats
Nexus, R/B
Ryukendo, Rescue Force
スパイダーマン
CH THE LIVE
Akibaranger, Akiba S痛
Wakusaver S2, Jyuukaizar
CPH GandD
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

msf232 wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 3:54 am They're still going with the "THOUSER-INTELLION"–"サウザンインテリオン" mistake, I see
What's the mistake?
gordanbreaker3
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
Quote: Hi

Post by gordanbreaker3 »

They should bring back Emu, so he can use Mighty Novel X.
msf232
Faiz
Dreamy: 민지여신
Favorite Band: Dreamcatcher
My boom: Nothing definite, changes from time to time
Type: ISTP Crafter

Post by msf232 »

takenoko wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:02 am
msf232 wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 3:54 am They're still going with the "THOUSER-INTELLION"–"サウザンインテリオン" mistake, I see
What's the mistake?
Writing "サウザン" as "THOUSER" (or vice-versa)
Is that supposed to be "Southern" or anything like that though?
Finished:
Dairanger, Shinkenger, Kyoryuger–キングオージャー
Kuuga–Geats
Nexus, R/B
Ryukendo, Rescue Force
スパイダーマン
CH THE LIVE
Akibaranger, Akiba S痛
Wakusaver S2, Jyuukaizar
CPH GandD
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

msf232 wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 5:49 pm
takenoko wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:02 am

What's the mistake?
Writing "サウザン" as "THOUSER" (or vice-versa)
Is that supposed to be "Southern" or anything like that though?
oh lol. サウザン = Thousand. Probably had a brain fart and wrote a ン/n instead of a er/ー
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

So I'm apparently a month late in finding this out, but we are in fact getting a follow-up/second part to this: Kamen Rider Outsiders.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VMtnpjJeL4

Coming to TTFC. No release date, though. Still, I'm excited. :D
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Oh it came out today lol
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Oh. ha! I hadn't seen that. That would explain why the announcement was making the rounds again recently.

And the best part of all is that it means we didn't have to wait until next year (2023) for the next part! :D

Return to “Kamen Rider Zero-One”