DonBrothers 09 discussion thread

Put on your glasses and look at reality
Forum rules

DonBrothers Wiki Link

< Zenkai | Avatarou Sentai DonBrothers | King-Ohger >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun May 15, 2022 9:42 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
46%
☆☆☆☆
23%
☆☆☆
23%
☆☆
8%
No votes

Total votes: 13
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

DonBrothers 09 discussion thread

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Last week's ratings: 4.5 of 5 stars (10 votes)

LOL. Does Tarou have a different tier of entrance if he's not feeling well? B team, you're up

What is this squid game?

lol, when Haruka flips the sign over it says Colorful Sundae

Is there no fillings in kibi dango?

Huh, the cop is on vacation? random

Anyone want to guess what this week's monster have to do with Go-Busters?

Fun to watch in the moment, but can't think of a lot of outstanding scenes this time. The red light/green light was fun. Good to see Tarou be on the vulnerable side for once. Does eating 300 kibi dango make a lot of sense as a prereq for a power-up? Not really, so didn't totally love this plot line. But it did lead to Kaito finally revealing himself to Haruka. Tsuyoshi comes across Sonoza while Sonoi is out of this episode almost entirely, not sure what that's about.

Looks like everyone is getting a power-up this year?
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Re: DonBrothers 09 discussion thread

Post by HowlingSnail »

takenoko wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 9:42 pm Anyone want to guess what this week's monster have to do with Go-Busters?

Looks like everyone is getting a power-up this year?
It had Hiromu's super speed.
Spoiler
It's not a power-up, it's their mecha. Next week's the rest, presumably Don Onitaijin the week after.
I still wish Kaito had his original suit. He's even using the same changer with the same sounds. It reeks of them wanting a new suit to sell new toys. I still maintain it's not Kaito though, it's gonna turn out to be God.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

takenoko wrote: Anyone want to guess what this week's monster have to do with Go-Busters?
The kid was the old man's desire materalized into reality. Beet Buster/Jin was an avatar of himself materalized from the subdimension.
... I guess

As for why no one was confornting Kijino for what he did last episode... We as a viewer saw Kijino's reasons and intentions through the fourth wall, but to the characters it might just be an accident with Kiji being clumsy in the heat of battle. They didn't even know who that man was or what he had done.

I'm quite enjoying donbrother's subtle comedy instead of shoved-in-your-face jokes... like that Anoni freezing in mid-air.

Also, Jin sure was enjoying those dangos that he deemed not good enough.
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

My new theory:

This is a direct sequel to zenkaigers. Kaito is Kaito, but when he entered the "horrors" dimension at the end of Zenkaigers he was possessed by an extremely powerful horror who wants to collect the super sentai gears for reasons. That's why Momotaro finds him unconscious. The horror decides to create his own space based on Kaito's memories, but since it is a horror it picks and chooses what it wants. So the restaurant is a place where people eat but it has very little happiness or laughter. The Nouto are similar to Makai Knights. Momotaro is a brainwashed Makai Knight who removes Inga without killing the hosts. This allows brainwashed Kaito to power up. Kaito retains his Zenkaiger powers, but would rather other people get their hands dirty.
fartboy
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: ToQger
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Robert Baldwin
Favorite Actor?: Yosuke Kishi
Favorite Band: Do As Infinity

Post by fartboy »

Anon people go it out on only Monday. Wow! If it was like this every week, that would be awesome. Not gonna hold my breath though. lol
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

takenoko wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 9:42 pm Is there no fillings in kibi dango?
I can understand why you might think that. The kibi dango looked similar to other filled dumplings like daifuku and manju.

Dango don't have fillings. They are more about the dough and any toppings that are added. The most common types, like mitarashi dango and hanami dango, are often served on skewers with 3 to 5 pieces per skewer. Kibi dango is an outlier because it is too soft to put on a skewer. It is still considered dango because the balls of dough are boiled like other types of dango.

While any Japanese person will recognize kibi dango from the folktale, it doesn't necessarily mean that they've ever eaten the real deal. The millet flour in the dough is a specialty ingredient. That is why Haruka doesn't recognize it while reading the recipe.

I was uncomfortable watching Tarou binging on the kibi dango like that. It is a choking hazard like mochi. Having Haruka and Shinichi cheering Tarou on by telling him to chew didn't do much to alleviate my unease.

Jin's complaints about Haruka and Shinichi making the kibi dango wrong gave me tsundere vibes. He says they are no good, but immediately pops another into his mouth.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

>Anon people go it out on only Monday. Wow! If it was like this every week, that would be awesome. Not gonna hold my breath though. lol

Maybe a fluke?!

>The most common types, like mitarashi dango and hanami dango, are often served on skewers with 3 to 5 pieces per skewer.

Oh like in Monster Hunter

>I was uncomfortable watching Tarou binging on the kibi dango like that. It is a choking hazard like mochi. Having Haruka and Shinichi cheering Tarou on by telling him to chew didn't do much to alleviate my unease.

Asians sure like putting choking hazards in their mouth. Reminds me of those small gel cups that you're supposed to suck up. Tasty, but I can totally see that getting stuck in the wind pipe

>Jin's complaints about Haruka and Shinichi making the kibi dango wrong gave me tsundere vibes. He says they are no good, but immediately pops another into his mouth.

I don't know if it's obvious, but Jin says the same dame wa dame line that Tarou does. Like father like son?

Commercials
I like that they're giving away Revice masks. Seems like such a logical step

Also no attempts to hide the robo spoilers at all, as usual

Koshiba Fuka must be rising in star power, seeing her in more CMs lately
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

i noticed Jin has something on his wrist, which is mostly covered. and he is Tarou's only relative? yeah something seems fishy, im thinking more now that Tarou is part of the Noto, but because he was taken away as a child hes not like them but still doesnt quite understand human emotion as well as he could, and hence is seeking happiness, akin to how the girl looks for love, the spear guy looks for laughter and tears etc., so Tarou delivers packages to study human happiness. as for what Jin is, whether he is human or Noto im not sure on since that wrist thing looked different from the Noto's henshin wrist brace. maybe it was a smart watch? sure but thats boring, and why did it seem like they were trying to keep it covered by his sleeve?
EDIT: father? i thought he was an uncle?

at first i thought, 300? like how can you eat that many? then i realized they are the size of a cheese puff and yes its like that easy.

also Kaito picked up a new skill! he never used the Geartling as a sword that was ZenkaiRed's trick. at least they made it blue instead of white or black, although white was the more obvious choice since a black energy blade would heavily hint to a villain, since this isnt Bleach.

yes Hiromu's speed, and beet's out of body body, but also the tentacles were very messiah virusy too!

throw back to the colorful sundae!
fartboy
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!

Post by fartboy »

Is kibi dango Japanese gnocchi?
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

fartboy wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 5:49 pm Is kibi dango Japanese gnocchi?
Not really, it's traditionally eaten as-is, without any sort of sauce or filling. Honestly it's more like Lembas bread, lots of nutrients, fill you up, easy to carry, doesn't spoil easily.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Lunagel wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 5:58 pm
Not really, it's traditionally eaten as-is, without any sort of sauce or filling. Honestly it's more like Lembas bread, lots of nutrients, fill you up, easy to carry, doesn't spoil easily.
So it really is nutritional? Guess that's why it's good to carry on a trip
Lunagel
Mofu~

Post by Lunagel »

I mean it's essentially a granola bar, yeah
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

midorininger wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 5:22 pm i noticed Jin has something on his wrist, which is mostly covered. and he is Tarou's only relative?
Well, he's not Tarou's relative, he found him in that peach when he was a child. Presumably Jin has other family if he's a normal person.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
fartboy
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!

Post by fartboy »

Lunagel wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 5:58 pm
I've never had gnocchi with any filling or sauces, so I'd say it is similar to the plain kind then.
Lunagel
Mofu~

Post by Lunagel »

fartboy wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 10:30 am
I've never had gnocchi with any filling or sauces, so I'd say it is similar to the plain kind then.
:shock:

Like, you just boil them and eat them? No pasta sauce or even just butter?

Return to “Avatarou Sentai DonBrothers”