DonBrothers 09 discussion thread

Put on your glasses and look at reality
Forum rules

DonBrothers Wiki Link

< Zenkai | Avatarou Sentai DonBrothers | King-Ohger >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun May 15, 2022 9:42 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
46%
☆☆☆☆
23%
☆☆☆
23%
☆☆
8%
No votes

Total votes: 13
CaptainTalon449
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider OOO
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: "This is our stage" -Kazuraba Kouta
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Re: DonBrothers 09 discussion thread

Post by CaptainTalon449 »

So I ran the math for how much in calories Taro ate.

1 kibidango = 304 calories
599 kibidango = 182,096 calories

Assuming an average day of meals is around 1800 calories. Taro ate enough calories for 101 days. Even then if Taro only ate the 300 kibidango that's 91200 calories which is enough calories for around 50 days worth of meals
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Clearly Tarou is a robot that uses some sort of combustion engine to fuel his humanoid activities lol

But nice job mathing that out, I knew 300 dango was ridiculous, but not that ridiculous
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

CaptainTalon449 wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 3:41 am So I ran the math for how much in calories Taro ate.

Assuming an average day of meals is around 1800 calories. Taro ate enough calories for 101 days. Even then if Taro only ate the 300 kibidango that's 91200 calories which is enough calories for around 50 days worth of meals
https://www.eiyoukeisan.com/calorie/gra ... dango.html

That's an awfully large kibidango to be 304 calories. The site above lists a 15 gram kibidango at 46 calories. Let's round up to 60 calories x 599 kibidango = 35940 calories. Which is still 20 days worth of calories.
CaptainTalon449
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider OOO
Quote: "This is our stage" -Kazuraba Kouta
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by CaptainTalon449 »

Lunagel wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 3:55 am
CaptainTalon449 wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 3:41 am So I ran the math for how much in calories Taro ate.

https://www.eiyoukeisan.com/calorie/gra ... dango.html

That's an awfully large kibidango to be 304 calories. The site above lists a 15 gram kibidango at 46 calories. Let's round up to 60 calories x 599 kibidango = 35940 calories. Which is still 20 days worth of calories.
Makes a bit more sense. Then 300 Kibidango is around 18000 calories which is 10 days worth of meals
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

not only is digesting and absorbing that amount of calories in a sitting, let alone a day, super human, is outrageous, as im pretty sure the body would either reject or just shut down from having to process that.
fartboy
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: ToQger
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Robert Baldwin
Favorite Actor?: Yosuke Kishi
Favorite Band: Do As Infinity

Post by fartboy »

Lunagel wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 4:44 pm
fartboy wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 10:30 am
I've never had gnocchi with any filling or sauces, so I'd say it is similar to the plain kind then.
:shock:

Like, you just boil them and eat them? No pasta sauce or even just butter?
I guess. It's how my mom used to make them. It was just a nice plain comfy thing that when you wanted something easy on your stomach that day.
Mikadius
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Mikadius »

Lunagel wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 3:55 am That's an awfully large kibidango to be 304 calories. The site above lists a 15 gram kibidango at 46 calories. Let's round up to 60 calories x 599 kibidango = 35940 calories. Which is still 20 days worth of calories.
That's actually around 64 big macs. World record is 32 in one sitting (40 minutes). Considering Tarou had a break between the two portions, and sprinkling just a little of suspension of disbelief because it's a show - actually not THAT unrealistic
Mikadius
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Mikadius »

takenoko wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 9:42 pm Anyone want to guess what this week's monster have to do with Go-Busters?
HowlingSnail wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 5:13 pm It had Hiromu's super speed.
Yaiba wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 5:36 am The kid was the old man's desire materalized into reality. Beet Buster/Jin was an avatar of himself materalized from the subdimension.
... I guess
Go-busters were fighting to right the wrongs of a tragic event from their childhood (parents died/imprisoned by the messiah virus)
Old guy had a wish to right the wrongs of a traumatizing event from his childhood (other children didn't want to play with him)

Also, onigokko seems to reference red buster's super-power (going fast), while the darumasan game probably references of his super-weakness (freezing)
Last edited by Mikadius on Fri May 06, 2022 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Mikadius wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 4:13 pm
Lunagel wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 3:55 am That's an awfully large kibidango to be 304 calories. The site above lists a 15 gram kibidango at 46 calories. Let's round up to 60 calories x 599 kibidango = 35940 calories. Which is still 20 days worth of calories.
That's actually around 64 big macs. World record is 32 in one sitting (40 minutes). Considering Tarou had a break between the two portions, and sprinkling just a little of suspension of disbelief because it's a show - actually not THAT unrealistic
32 Big Macs in one sitting sounds absolutely horrifying
Mikadius
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Mikadius »

Lunagel wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 5:17 pm 32 Big Macs in one sitting sounds absolutely horrifying
I was expecting something distrurbing, but the guy who did it actually looks rather average. There is a video on youtube of him doing it.
Must have a hell of a workout to balance out that much food!
Thenosa Yechette
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger
My boom: Super Sentai.
Type: INTP Architect
Location: A backwater place in this backwater planet(according to Agent Abrera)

Post by Thenosa Yechette »

GREAT episode! If I could, I would have rated this episode 10/5 stars. Sasuga Go-Busters tribute episode.

If Haruka is accused of plagiarizing this manga, isn't it supposed to be the same as her manga? Which means she shouldn't find it more interesting than her own, right?

Wow! Automatic transformations for Tarou?! Now that is something I had never expected to see. Not only that, he even used his special DonBrother sunglasses... I thought he didn't need them to see the portals and stuff. So I thought he wouldn't use it in the series.

The Tokumeiki's design is super ugly, btw. Go-Busters had so many things in it. Yet out of all those things, they chose to model the Tokumeiki after a Cheetah... Ok, the speed comes from the cheetah theme... I know that the monsters are supposed to be ugly... But still...
Although, I do like the tentacles... They're like the cables that Enter used to attack with.... 😆

Ok, so something has caught my eye. This happened last time during Shin'ichi and Tarou's duel(which Shin'ichi just imagined), and this time too(don't remember Tarou and Tsuyoshi's duel, though 😝). So is it a thing in Japanese duels that every time someone loses a round, they'll have to take off a layer of clothing? Last time it happened to Shin'ichi, this time it happened to Tarou. If it's not a rule, then whatever is the deal with that?

Well, I love Haruka now. Her humor is spot on!

If master knows more than he lets them in on, then why did he give them the already prepared dough in the first place? He wants to help, right? He should also have known that skipping the pounding step was would make the dango ineffective.

Nice Zenkaiger tie-in with the Colorful Sundae.... Lol.

Why do they have so many of these verbal sounds in this episode? *stare*, *chew*, *swallow*... 🤔🧐

Lmao, why did Tsuyoshi even try to interact with Sonoza?! And then Sononi coming and askeing him what the heck he is doing.... Funniest scene in this episode, I think....

Shin'ichi, this is Momotarou's fairytale.... Do you really think you can justify anything with scientific nutritional values?

So Tarou learnt this stupid way of criticism (Dame na mono wa dame nano da) from Jin... 😞😑😒

Is it just me, or was Kaito's transformation scene in this episode the best one out of ALL of his 50+ transformation scenes? I was gaping when I saw this transformation scene for the first time.... Freaking cool! Not to mention the cooler color scheme of his suit... I didn't expect him to transform in this episode in front of everyone, though. I thought it would be episode 15 by the time he does that.

Haruka is literally the BEST companion Tarou could ask for. She's always got his back. No wonder she has the most kibi points. And yet he keeps treating her like an object.... How annoying. She deserves waaaaaaay better. #JusticeForOniSister

I have mixed feelings about Robotarou's armor. Some parts of it look good. The others, bad.

So, I'm guessing the song they were singing on the bus is a song they would be singing if they were elementary schoolers.... And (also guessing) the song has some connection, reference or hint towards the disappearance of the bus and the connection with Jyuto...

This episode had some amazing elements from Go-Busters(not with the Hitotsuki directly, though). But my biggest takeaway is the part that was a recurring element in Go-Busters, one that made them stood out- The Go-Busters' individual weaknesses. It told us that a hero, is not ALWAYS in top shape, they can't always give a 100%. Because they're humans. They fall sick, they have times when they are weak... And sometimes there's no easy/instant way out of it. We saw that through Tarou in this episode. All this time, we saw that Tarou gives a 500% at whatever he does. But that is NOT ALL THE TIME. He falls sick too. And of course, that's what Haruka said at the start of the episode, that he'd be more relatable if he had at least one flaw.... So that was amazing.

Also, the fact that the Hitotsuki this time didn't have a physical body. It was basically an avatar... Which is also from Go-Busters.... Yeah, sure, it's also a Donbrothers thing, but they didn't use it until this episode except for Inubrother and KijiBrother's suits.... So...😅😆😁
I'd say that the Donbrothers as a season is also pretty similar to Go-Busters as a whole, but I'll talk about it some other time.
takenoko wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 9:42 pm LOL. Does Tarou have a different tier of entrance if he's not feeling well? B team, you're up
That looked more like E team to me.
Thenosa :)

Finished watching:
SS:
Dekaranger
Boukenger
Shinkenger-Ninnninger
Lupinranger VS Patranger-Zenkaiger
Akibaranger
KR:
Kiva
Build
Zero-One -Revice
Misc:
Ryuukendo
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

>So is it a thing in Japanese duels that every time someone loses a round, they'll have to take off a layer of clothing? Last time it happened to Shin'ichi, this time it happened to Tarou. If it's not a rule, then whatever is the deal with that?

I did notice that too. I just thought it added to the humiliation

>Well, I love Haruka now. Her humor is spot on!

I also loved it when she just walks over and tries to flip over the sign for Colorful, with Kaitou going over and turning it around quickly

>Why do they have so many of these verbal sounds in this episode? *stare*, *chew*, *swallow*... 🤔🧐

Japanese verbalize every freaking thing. They basically talk to themselves. Like blue going alley-oop isn't usually a thing I would translate, but he does it so often, people would probably get confused as to why that line is blank

>So, I'm guessing the song they were singing on the bus is a song they would be singing if they were elementary schoolers....

Yeah, you hear it all the time since it's often used in a round

>And (also guessing) the song has some connection, reference or hint towards the disappearance of the bus and the connection with Jyuto...

Oh. Maybe. I didn't consider that possibility, but it would explain their placement in the episode
msf232
Faiz
Dreamy: 민지여신
Favorite Band: Dreamcatcher
My boom: Nothing definite, changes from time to time
Type: ISTP Crafter

Post by msf232 »

Thenosa Yechette wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 3:12 am he even used his special DonBrother sunglasses... I thought he didn't need them to see the portals and stuff. So I thought he wouldn't use it in the series.
In the opening sequence, they actually show the portal thingies appearing only when Taro has the glasses on
I had thought that that's something to think about
Finished:
Dairanger, Shinkenger, Kyoryuger–キングオージャー
Kuuga–Geats
Nexus, R/B
Ryukendo, Rescue Force
スパイダーマン
CH THE LIVE
Akibaranger, Akiba S痛
Wakusaver S2, Jyuukaizar
CPH GandD

Return to “Avatarou Sentai DonBrothers”