Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

OOO 10th Net Movies discussion thread

Post by takenoko »

Wiki

Watched this after watching the movie. Got mixed feelings about it, since it's so short I can't complain about it being superfluous. In fact, it added a lot of needed character interaction and screen time (especially from background characters like Gotou, Satonaka, etc.) I kind of wish it were just a part of the movie, but also kind of don't, since the tone of the material is so different

I dunno, the movie feels like it's incomplete, so this is nothing but additive. But I also resent Toei just splitting their content off in thoughtless ways

I like that even in this apocalypse (Man did they screw up the reality of OOO) they still have enough technology to keep popsicles cold

Hmm, I feel like they didn't need to make so many explanations for why Gotou returned. Also, why did Kougami prepare a thing for Gotou since he thought he wasn't coming back???

Wish there were a bit more dialogue between the characters
ViRGE
Save the life

Re: OOO 10th Net Movies discussion thread

Post by ViRGE »

I didn't realize that the net movies were set before the movie proper, so I ended up watching this afterwards as well.

In general I have to agree with Takenoko. This feels like content that should have been in the movie proper; it's important character interactions that help add context to the movie. Admittedly, I don't know how you'd fit these into the movie since it starts in media res and not seeing normal Eiji until the end is a big part of the story. But these basic beats and character interactions shouldn't be separate material. On the plus side, I can't accuse the net movies of being unnecessary; they are significant to the movie's plot.

PS Eiji, you dense moron, Hina is sad because she wanted to make dresses for little girls. You were supposed to put a bun in that oven before going off and dying in war!
takenoko wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 11:28 pm I like that even in this apocalypse (Man did they screw up the reality of OOO) they still have enough technology to keep popsicles cold
That got a laugh out of me as well, though not for the right reasons. They really struggled to make the apocalyptic setting work here, especially having a ready supply of popsicles, and the brightly lit and wholly intact Tokyo in the background in the nighttime scenes.:lol:
Hmm, I feel like they didn't need to make so many explanations for why Gotou returned. Also, why did Kougami prepare a thing for Gotou since he thought he wasn't coming back???
Cake Boss clearly knew Gotou would be back. Despite nearly destroying the world multiple times, he always seems to be a step ahead of everyone else.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: OOO 10th Net Movies discussion thread

Post by takenoko »

ViRGE wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 5:38 am They really struggled to make the apocalyptic setting work here, especially having a ready supply of popsicles, and the brightly lit and wholly intact Tokyo in the background in the nighttime scenes.:lol:
The world got destroyed, but Tokyo's fine for some reason lol

Return to “Kamen Rider OOO”