DonBrothers 13 discussion thread

Put on your glasses and look at reality
Forum rules

DonBrothers Wiki Link

< Zenkai | Avatarou Sentai DonBrothers | King-Ohger >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Jun 12, 2022 10:24 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
60%
☆☆☆☆
40%
☆☆☆
No votes
☆☆
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 10
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

DonBrothers 13 discussion thread

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Last week's ratings: 4.53 of 5 stars (15 votes)

I like how they're having a DonBro meeting with a customer just sitting a few feet away

Amazed they don't call out the lady for her totally fraudlent lawsuit

The opening looks different. Did they add visuals behind the characters?

Doesn't take long for these guys to get used to Tarou dying from lying, does it?

What a majestic pigeon

Oh, Sononi's being expedient with dealing with the guys. Oh, she has an animal thing too?

Sonoza still the creepiest dude

What. This is how we're getting the Don MOmotarou origin??? Through animal telepahty??

Weirdly heroic music playing when Tarou encounters Sonoi

Tarou asking Sonoi on a date

oh, she's a Kyouryuuger kaijin. For some reason her monster design looked familiar

I like that the mouths move when in Oni Taijin form

Not sure if that lady who was the monster learned her lesson. At our work, we get a lot of legitimately lonely people who are also annoying still. Not sure what you can do with that combination of personalities

What is happening? What is this ending???

What is this preview?

Overall enjoyed the episode for Sonoi and Tarou's relationship. And it's nice to see the team members getting fed up with Tarou and trying to change the dynamic. I can't really think of a sentai where the members were just like, "Red, we don't like the way you're leading"

This episode is called Farewell Tarou??

Edit:
https://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/donbro/enemy/?index=0021
is kyouryuuger supposed to be culture appropriatey? I guess it never struck me that brave was meant to be like indigenous people
Not a fan of "brave in a mask" as the monster's descriptor
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Re: DonBrothers 13 discussion thread

Post by Lunagel »

Sonoi x Tarou OTP
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

Lunagel wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 10:29 pm Sonoi x Tarou OTP
I'm normally against this insane idea that any two same-sex characters who are even remotely close are a couple, but even I was getting vibes from those two.

Zyudenki playing the Kyoryuger samba was a nice touch, wish more of them did stuff like that.

You know it's a serious ending when we don't get the happy music over the last scene.
Spoiler
Seems we're heading into Don Doragoku/Torabolt's debut arc. While he's not been officially revealed yet outside of retailers posting toy pics, it's a pretty safe bet that Jirou next week is our 6th. Just glad he's not another CGI ranger.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

HowlingSnail wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 10:54 am
I'm normally against this insane idea that any two same-sex characters who are even remotely close are a couple, but even I was getting vibes from those two.

Ayumi Shimozono and her dog are back after their cameo in episode 1.

Zyudenki playing the Kyoryuger samba was a nice touch, wish more of them did stuff like that.

You know it's a serious ending when we don't get the happy music over the last scene.
Spoiler
Seems we're heading into Don Doragoku/Torabolt's debut arc. While he's not been officially revealed yet outside of retailers posting toy pics, it's a pretty safe bet that Jirou next week is our 6th. Just glad he's not another CGI ranger.
Seen:
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Eh? Was that supposed to be an edit? I totally missed the doggie. I'll have to look for that
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

takenoko wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 12:27 pm Eh? Was that supposed to be an edit? I totally missed the doggie. I'll have to look for that
Yes, it was. The buttons are right next to one another and I often mix them up. Yeah, Ayumi Shimozono was in episode 1 walking her dog at the end, one of the Tarous Haruka encounters, and they were in this episode again meeting Sonoi.
Seen:
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

I was surprised by how quickly both Sonoi and Tarou were resigned to fighting each other. I guess that is what happens with a species that seems to be driven by logic and lacks emotional intelligence. You can tell that they aren't fun to be around. I suspect that they only have sex for procreation. That can throw some challenges into developing the Sonoi x Tarou ship further.

The umbrella hair cutting cape reminded me of the pet cones that you put on a dog or cat.
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

Arigomi wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 1:17 pm You can tell that they aren't fun to be around. I suspect that they only have sex for procreation.
And when they're done Tarou doesn't say he loves you, he spends half an hour criticising your performance.
Seen:
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

when Sonoi and Momoi were chatting i was getting Keichiro and Kairi vibes.
im guessing Tarou doesnt know about the points, because Onisister had the most at one point, and while she may be behind now, still that had to count for something. but how lowly does he think of his team that he doesnt even have a TRUTHFUL nice thing to say about them? almost makes me wonder to what regard he hold Kaito, since he's able to transform and fight as well.
im guessing when he disappeared he went to Jin.

during the finisher, i watched carefully and NO pink and black do NOTHING.
was neat to hear Haruka be mad she was just the leg again, almost like she was hoping to be something different thing time around.

i guess we all saw Tarou being a nouto, sure, but now they seemingly made him interesting because he is the soul survivor of his family, whom, wanted to coexist. Tarou doesnt exactly coexist well to be honest. like he was RAISED around humans and lets face it not everything comes from your family, and NO ONE impacted him enough to get him out of the nouto mindset. i doubt, but hope, we see the other Zenkaiger mecha work with the rest of the team during Tarous absence.

though, if he got replaced thatd be good but i doubt it. hes a Red. they dont die for very long if at all. (unless they are an extra red)
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

On this episode of Doki Doki Love Love Super Mangaka we find out the the coffee shop doubles as a host club with Kaito playing Suou Tamaki. (Does this mean that Sononi is going to come to the host club and have her quest fulfilled by Kaito?) The yaoi subplot between Momoi and Sonoi gets a speed run through and Sonoi tragically murders Momoi (by exploiting his inability to lie) without ever getting an oden date. However, since Sonoi lacks the ability to draw, maybe he will bond with Haruka next (fulfilling the shoujo manga heroine's duty to resolve the tragic back stories of the bishonens of the story). We also get another near miss with the Jyuto waifu and pupper.

The toy commercial is still dumb.

As for Nouto - Kami no Kimi - Momoi Taro, having your lead character die is an odd way forward, unless Momoi has a twin. However, in tokusatsu, they ain't dead until they are holding the flower bouquet. I wonder if this means that Momoi will come back as the bad guy, out for revenge and teaming with the Jyuto? Or, will he just show up in an episode or two and say "psych!"? (And, when he is asked "didn't you die?" he can say "but, I got better!".)

As for Kamen Rider Zen-O, they seem to have this series on the back burner. I guess this means that Kaito is the final boss and is just going to chill, collect ranger gears, and act cool for 3/4's of the show?
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Well that was an enjoyable episode. I wasn't expecting Sonoi and Momotarou to have a climatic fight in this episode (at least, not one with a resolution), but then again, that's certainly one way to close out the quarter!

Not that I believe for a second that Momotarou is actually dead. But it will be interesting to see where the story goes from here. With any luck, maybe the Don will finally learn some humility, since the strike had no effect.

And the MOTW designs still feel like a reach for me. But they're also so quickly cycled through that I can't complain too much; I can hardly even remember them.
takenoko wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 10:24 pm I like how they're having a DonBro meeting with a customer just sitting a few feet away
At this point it's still not clear whether the public can even see the Bros. So they may as well be talking about a play as far as the public is concerned.
Doesn't take long for these guys to get used to Tarou dying from lying, does it?
Well he doesn't die. So it doesn't warrant a very serious reaction when you know he's just going to wake up a minute later.
Not sure if that lady who was the monster learned her lesson. At our work, we get a lot of legitimately lonely people who are also annoying still. Not sure what you can do with that combination of personalities
Do any of the hosts really learn a lesson? It's always struck me that it's more of having a burden/possession lifted - they're now no longer being controlled by an intense desire.
HowlingSnail wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 10:54 am
Agreed. Inoue wasn't being very light on the subtext there.
Thenosa Yechette
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Super Sentai.
Type: INTP Architect
Location: A backwater place in this backwater planet(according to Agent Abrera)

Post by Thenosa Yechette »

Unexpected ending... Didn't think Tarou would be gone, so that was strange.

They sure are being formal about getting to know each other and all.... Lol.

How's there something always more important than talking about Zenkaizer Black?

Isn't it better to talk about what they do know(about Zenkaizer Black) instead of what they don't know (about Inubrother's identity)?

Haruka, I love you but that's the dumbest thing you could have said.... Inubrother keeps saying that he's NOT a dog... And you still want to believe otherwise... And a talking dog? 😑😶😐 And what's more surprising is that Tsuyoshi is going along with Haruka's theory...

I'm thankful that Shin'ichi is paying no attention to Haruka's stupid theory...

If the Nōtos' existence is dependant on humans does that mean that humans' existence is also dependant on the Nōtos?

I like Zenkaizer black's subtlety.... He is cunning too... 🤔🧐

It took that long for Haruka to realize that Zenkaizer black is no normal person?

Ok, I get that he can't lie but his lack of appreciation.... I don't think that's alright or understandable... That's just cruel. Tarou's team has supported him so many times so far but he couldn't say one good thing about them honestly? Not one good thing came to his mind? He doesn't have to lie to them. Just be honest and say one good thing about their support...

It's kinda sad to see Sonoi not be able to draw.... But again, he just insulted art... So I don't even know whether to feel sad for him or not....

Well, seeing Sononi knock out that guy was better than her asking guys about words of love.

Huh, I didn't think Sonoza would ever use the umbrella part of the staff....

Oh, so Tarou's some kinda prince from another world? And he is not just "Momoi Tarou" but actually "the Momotarou?"

Does Sonoi not know Tarou's full name in his human form? Because if he does know his full name, then shouldn't he recognize his name when the speaking animals mention his name and realize that Momoi Tarou and Don Momotarou are the same person...?

Did Tsubasa really get a haircut? It looks exactly the same as before to me, though.... 😑😶

How's the annoying old lady here too?

So if Natsumi/Miho has chronic tendonitis, then how is she still working as a beautician? Did the Jyuuto somehow cure her or something?

This is the first time I've seen a "grab all you can sale" in a live-action show. It really makes me scared of Japanese middle-aged women and supermarket sales ...

Looks like the annoying old lady is gonna be an annoyance to all the DonBrothers this time...

There's that beautiful lie again... He doesn't have to lie to learn appreciation and gratefulness... It doesn't have anything to do with lying.

The Nōtos don't need to eat like humans, right? Sononi drinks coffee from time to time but I don't think that's because she's hungry....

They can refuse or prevent their automatic transformation? Wow, that's new...

Wait, how did these 2 end up in a totally different place after the attacks? Weird...

The way Tarou said "let's have fun" was very scary.... Very unlike him...

This is certainly a dilemma... I don't know whether I want to feel pity for Tarou or want to side with Shin'ichi for boycotting him...

Wow, this is the happiest I've seen the Donbrothers at the time of transformation... Specifically since Tsuyoshi usually complains when he has to fight...

Now I feel pity for Tarou because he didn't learn his lesson at all.... Don't think he ever will...

That's the best they could come up with for the sound of an Oni's cry? "Oniiii!?".... Almost, almost, sounds like she's calling her older brother...

Looks like Tsuyoshi is enjoying being a part of the Onitaijin now... Lol.

Daaaaaang.... I did NOT see that coming... Not in this episode anyways.

Wait, he just... Disappeared?

Haruka sure sounds sad when saying "next time, next time"... Man that's very sad...

So is Jirou the long awaited 6th? If he's replacing Tarou even for 1 episode, he better be good.

Well, that's one way to go. I knew this was gonna be dark but for the protagonist to be defeated and disappear in the first quarter of the season... I did NOT expect that...
takenoko wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 10:24 pm Sonoza still the creepiest dude
And I still haven't been able to get used to that... Never stops getting creepier...
takenoko wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 10:24 pm I like that the mouths move when in Oni Taijin form
Yeah, it's a nice detail. Also it highlights the fact that they actually have conversations during the mech fight unlike when they're fighting on the ground.
takenoko wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 10:24 pm Not sure if that lady who was the monster learned her lesson.
I don't think learning their lessons was ever a thing with the MOTWs... Especially since some of them aren't saved in the end.
takenoko wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 10:24 pm This episode is called Farewell Tarou??
Yeah but I never thought the interpretation of the 'farewell' would be like this. I thought Sonoi would be defeated after fighting with Tarou and not the other way around. I guess I was wrong...
Thenosa :)

Finished watching:
SS:
Dekaranger
Boukenger
Shinkenger-Ninnninger
Lupinranger VS Patranger-Zenkaiger
Akibaranger
KR:
Kiva
Build
Zero-One -Revice
Misc:
Ryuukendo
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

I wonder if they are going to milk Momoi's "death"? It would be pretty funny to me if next week's opening dance was redone with only the four remaining sentai.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

>Do any of the hosts really learn a lesson? It's always struck me that it's more of having a burden/possession lifted - they're now no longer being controlled by an intense desire.

Hmm, dunno. I guess this lady is acting extra nasty because of the monster possession, but you get the impression that her actual personality is probably not that different. Kind of an unaddressed problem

>I wonder if they are going to milk Momoi's "death"? It would be pretty funny to me if next week's opening dance was redone with only the four remaining sentai.

commit to the bit!
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

takenoko wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 3:14 pm >I wonder if they are going to milk Momoi's "death"? It would be pretty funny to me if next week's opening dance was redone with only the four remaining sentai.

commit to the bit!
Sadly they're usually unwilling to update the opening for stuff like that, as nice as it'd be. Power Rangers in Space did it. Episode 1 left out Red, and used Turbo's villain. Although it kind of ruined it by having the other 4 in their new uniforms and suits.
Last edited by HowlingSnail on Wed Jun 01, 2022 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Seen:

Return to “Avatarou Sentai DonBrothers”