midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Re: Ten Gokaiger Discussion Thread

Post by midorininger »

i really enjoyed this movie alot. and yeah Ahim did speak more in this than during the series. im guessing so Joe wouldnt have as many lines though he does bnring the soul of gokaigallion so he's still paying an important role.
kind of hard to believe that Gai wouldve been ok with the ranger keys being weaponised like that, and further more, that all of the past heroes were ok with it. additionally Kyuranger giving up their keys, despite being the only sentai in their universe seemed like playing with fire.

i liked yellow and green using each other keys to throwback tp the episode when their minds were swapped which made me happy. when don was in the jail cell i almost thought he was going to pull his key from his hair or something.
the Magiyellow/beetbuster defeat needed a burn heal.

when they first introduce us to the ranger fights in the crowd was that yellow owl? or at least his actor? he was with his family betting on the fights.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

>i liked yellow and green using each other keys to throwback tp the episode when their minds were swapped which made me happy.

I didn't remember if they did color swapping in Gokaiger or if it was first done in Toqger

>the Magiyellow/beetbuster defeat needed a burn heal.

Matsumoto crying was some of the best parts of both the movie and the TTFC spinoff

>when they first introduce us to the ranger fights in the crowd was that yellow owl? or at least his actor? he was with his family betting on the fights.

https://twitter.com/naru_naru_raita
if he did, he didn't post about it on his twitter
Gokider
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Gokider »

midorininger wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 7:35 am when don was in the jail cell i almost thought he was going to pull his key from his hair or something.
Or as a throwback they could write in some way for him to start acting like a monkey again.
takenoko wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 9:50 am >i liked yellow and green using each other keys to throwback tp the episode when their minds were swapped which made me happy.

I didn't remember if they did color swapping in Gokaiger or if it was first done in Toqger
The Gokaigers didn't color swap (unless you count Gai as Gokai Red when he and Marvelous were merged), just Luka and Don using each others' keys while body swapped.

Also, weren't the circumstances of that happening like when Basco had them chained up and he changed into Shinken Green with Joe's help?
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

oh yeah gai color swapped a bit. aside from gokai red/silver there's gokai christmas, but that one can be done once a year.
Luka gave her key to a civilain in the gokai christmas episode.
and Marvy chan gave his key to a kid to be chiba shinkenred

female ryusoulred and lupin red looked great. haha i wonder how many people cringed at Marvelous' "yosha lucky" vs how many said, "now thats how its done!"
but Ahim using kirameiking with her shot, wasnt really imaginative ihmo just lucky. im just nitpicking that.
Aeikozz
Faiz
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Smart Brain Lady
Favorite Band: Bennie K
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Aeikozz »

Yeah Totally wished that Anon group did the current stuff. T_T.... shame i have no way to inform them off that other than shouting into the air above the waterfalls at Ithaca, NY.
Thenosa Yechette
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Super Sentai.
Type: INTP Architect
Location: A backwater place in this backwater planet(according to Agent Abrera)

Post by Thenosa Yechette »

Awesome movie.... Loved it.

Wish we got to see the Gokaigers' adventure in the Zangyack's home planet....

What did joe shoot? Joe's hair is the best it's ever been. Very manly. His outfit is great too.

Another way of advertising the SS encyclopedia....

So in the Gokaiger world, most of the Sentai teams belong to the same universe, right?

Poor Don, he suffered the most in this suuuuuper elaborated plan of theirs.

Why is Gai having muscles so remarkable all of a sudden? He's Ranger, he should be strong, and therefore working out at a minimum level. Why must it be pointed out here like that?

Who would even buy Don's Ranger Key? Did Luka buy his key? How did she even get it?

Takamichi, stop being fascinated by women who are sooo much younger than you......

They forgot to add the Rangers from Kyoryuger in the Legend special...... BoukenSilver, KyoryuGrey, DekaYellow and KyoryuCyan(II).

Yikes, now even Marvelous has become a victim of Luka's rough treatment. Luka and the leather jacket..... Perfection! But why did they give her a skirt here?

Nice callback to Ep 28 of Gokaiger.

Marvelous vs Gai, showdown of the year.

I sure hope the dreams Gai and Takamichi were having aren't perverted or strange....

Joe's entrance was freaking cool.....!!

Gai's crying has to be the ugliest I have seen in Super Sentai... Was that on purpose?

Luka's Shirokane Misaki disguise was giving me Tatsui Ui vibes....

I loved the fact that the girls came to save the guys.

Hmm..... How did Joe end up being the best character here, with the best looks, clothes, scenes as well as dialogues....? Sasuga popular actor.... Gotta make him good....

Great fight scenes as expected.

I don't like the girls' power-ups, they're just weirdly bulky.

What was up with that shot of Ahim with Takamichi during the ending?? So out of character for Ahim.....

Aah, the mid credits shots of the Gokaigers were awesome!!!

Marvelous' eye is fine, I couldn't be more glad.

Are you guys going to do a Blu-ray release for this movie? I guess not?
takenoko wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 4:05 pm Navi > Secchan
I wish we at least got a cameo from Navi in Zenkaiger. She was on earth after all.... Oh wait, I forgot about the multiverse madness Zenkaiger is for a second... My bad.
takenoko wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 4:05 pm Ooh, KirameiSilver key? That's new
Too much KirameiSilver in this movie. The Ranger key, the materialized version of the key fighting Marvelous, in the mid credits shot with Ahim and of course the 2 shots in Crystalia.
takenoko wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 4:05 pm Cool way to add a robo battle without needing the robo
I was still so sad that they destroyed the GokaiGalleon.... How will the Gokaigers travel the universe now?
takenoko wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 4:05 pm Edit: Is it just me, but it feels like Ahim talks a lot more in this movie when she's actually on screen than she did in the original series
Not just that, they made her character more edgy and sassy like Sayo. I didn't like that. Why make her that way? I preferred the old Ahim.
Thenosa :)

Finished watching:
SS:
Dekaranger
Boukenger
Shinkenger-Ninnninger
Lupinranger VS Patranger-Zenkaiger
Akibaranger
KR:
Kiva
Build
Zero-One -Revice
Misc:
Ryuukendo
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

>So in the Gokaiger world, most of the Sentai teams belong to the same universe, right?

Apparently?!

>Why is Gai having muscles so remarkable all of a sudden? He's Ranger, he should be strong, and therefore working out at a minimum level. Why must it be pointed out here like that?

I guess he must not have been as buff during the Jyuohger run?
msf232
Faiz
Dreamy: 민지여신
Favorite Band: Dreamcatcher
My boom: Nothing definite, changes from time to time
Type: ISTP Crafter

Post by msf232 »

Thenosa Yechette wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 5:32 am So in the Gokaiger world, most of the Sentai teams belong to the same universe, right?
Most of the Sentai shows are supposed to be set in the same world! The multiversal clusterf**k called Zenkaiger is the one which is in the wrong
Finished:
Dairanger, Shinkenger, Kyoryuger–キングオージャー
Kuuga–Geats
Nexus, R/B
Ryukendo, Rescue Force
スパイダーマン
CH THE LIVE
Akibaranger, Akiba S痛
Wakusaver S2, Jyuukaizar
CPH GandD
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

takenoko wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 8:11 am >Why is Gai having muscles so remarkable all of a sudden? He's Ranger, he should be strong, and therefore working out at a minimum level. Why must it be pointed out here like that?

I guess he must not have been as buff during the Jyuohger run?
He wasn't exactly scrawny. But it's pretty rare for any of the actors to end up particularly muscular, even in the reunion specials. It may have also been an in-joke; apparently Gai's actor got too swol for his original jacket.
Last edited by ViRGE on Sat Jan 01, 2022 1:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Thenosa Yechette
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Super Sentai.
Type: INTP Architect
Location: A backwater place in this backwater planet(according to Agent Abrera)

Post by Thenosa Yechette »

ViRGE wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 2:37 pm apparently Gai's actor got too swol for his original jacket.
Oh yeah, he looked horrible in Gai's original clothes. I'm guessing they don't remake the original outfits if they don't fit the actors anymore.... :|
Thenosa :)

Finished watching:
SS:
Dekaranger
Boukenger
Shinkenger-Ninnninger
Lupinranger VS Patranger-Zenkaiger
Akibaranger
KR:
Kiva
Build
Zero-One -Revice
Misc:
Ryuukendo
Gokider
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Gokider »

Thenosa Yechette wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 5:32 am I was still so sad that they destroyed the GokaiGalleon.... How will the Gokaigers travel the universe now?
Considering this is the 3rd time it's been destroyed (at least onscreen) and the first time did state that they fixed it afterwards, they should be able to rebuild it.
Ragnozo
I am not a number. I am an individual!
I am not a number. I am an individual!
Dreamy: Shinjo Yume
Quote: Going forth!

Post by Ragnozo »

I loved the typesetting for Ten Gokaiger.
I hope Marvelous transforms into Zenkaizer

Return to “Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger”