Kindaichi Season 5 File 7-2 (Ep 10) Discussion Thread

For all those one shots and other miscellany!
Forum rules
Wiki Link
xiiliea
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Gaia
Favorite Actor?: Fujita Ray
Alignment: Neutral Good

Kindaichi Season 5 File 7-2 (Ep 10) Discussion Thread

Post by xiiliea »

Wiki

Spider was harmed in the making of this episode.
Key was harmed in the making of this episode.
No one smelled a rat when there was a tarantula in the key bag? Should have put out the fire immediately with water and checked on the guy.
No one stepped on the thumbtack earlier? Why didn't the culprit fetch it earlier, or even later, to get rid of evidence?
Cockroach was harmed in the making of this episode.
That wire/rope looks so thin. Can it really support 200 kg?
Okay but how did they get the chandelier up there in the first place while doing all the rope trick?
Wait what? She was screaming outside? How did no one hear her at all?
Lmao, and they show the map only now. It's so obvious when you look at it.
Moral of the story for guys: Don't think with your dick.
I was partially right about luring Mikitani to run back.
I feel that the "proof" was still kind of weak. She could have said she was the one who last replaced the battery of that flashlight.
Poor Kiryuu Sento.
Kindaichi has +80% fire resistance.
Xelger
Mage in training
Mage in training

Re: Kindaichi Season 5 File 7-2 (Ep 10) Discussion Thread

Post by Xelger »

I was totally right about the culprit back during comments about the first part. I also knew immediately how the key was returned to the fireplace without anyone noticing when the situation was brought up, without Kindaichi's hint. At least the chandelier and putting out the candles tricks were fun.

"That wire/rope looks so thin. Can it really support 200 kg?"
For a few seconds, they showed the cutting of the real wire, which was thicker than the one they used to demonstrate the trick. Not sure if you already knew that or not.

"Okay but how did they get the chandelier up there in the first place while doing all the rope trick?"
While the chandelier was already hung properly, they probably secured it to the beam above with another wire to temporarily hold it while using the real pulley wire to set up the trick, after which they would remove the temporary holding wire. Would have been nice if they squeezed an explanation like that in though.

"Wait what? She was screaming outside? How did no one hear her at all?"
Weren't they all over at the other building a 5-minute run away at the time? They heard her over the phone call.

"I feel that the 'proof' was still kind of weak. She could have said she was the one who last replaced the battery of that flashlight."
True, though there was the corroborating logic he had of that the reason the battery was not located to dispose of the evidence was that the culprit had the inability to light a candle.

"Kindaichi has +80% fire resistance."
Haha, nice one. I was thinking of retorting with, "It's actually 81.264%. I declare this accuracy in the name of his grandpa!"
xiiliea
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Gaia
Favorite Actor?: Fujita Ray
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by xiiliea »

Xelger wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 4:54 pm "That wire/rope looks so thin. Can it really support 200 kg?"
For a few seconds, they showed the cutting of the real wire, which was thicker than the one they used to demonstrate the trick. Not sure if you already knew that or not.

"Wait what? She was screaming outside? How did no one hear her at all?"
Weren't they all over at the other building a 5-minute run away at the time? They heard her over the phone call.
I mean they stretched out the real wire earlier to measure the length. That's what I'm referring to.

Some people including Miyuki remained at the mansion at the time.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

>No one stepped on the thumbtack earlier? Why didn't the culprit fetch it earlier, or even later, to get rid of evidence?

Yeah, it's weird that they didn't catch it in the first pass

My play by play commentary while watching:
LOL, why are these people letting a guy get locked up? Here's clearly going to die now

Why are they just letting the fire burn the key? That might warp the metal and make it not useble anymore? Feel like these guys need to be more suspicious of Leona

Kenmochi just now finding out Hajime is the grandson of a famous cop lol

All this running around, Kindaichi finally pays for it

Gotta admit I'm not really seeing the trick for how these murders were pulled off.

Man, Nara is playing a weird golem in this series

LOL what a dramatic way of revealing a name. Not surprising, Leona was the only person who could have done a lot of these things

I like how Mikitani's name is all crossed out. I wonder if a freshly chopped off hand smells? I like how she just kept it in her coat and then tossed it on the ground like the obvious prop that it is

Oh right, and she's the one who "found" the keys. That's so dumb. That was all done so she could set up her third murder?

This whole battery thing with fingerprints is a bit of a stretch. Kindaichi was lucky that his fingerprints covered hers

Is Eiji still alive?!

Kindaichi is barely burned. So is Eiji not alive then? Before committing all these murders maybe Leona should have gone to try to find him? Weird to not get closure on this aspect of the story, and have Leona see a weird vision of him instead. I think that's kind of dumb writing. So I guess Jou, Mikitani, and Emon were the real villains all along? Feel like they admitted to doing that fire too which killed some of the other new actors

Return to “Other Projects”