Zenkai VS Kiramei VS Sempaiger discussion Thread

Covid Sentai Singleranger
Forum rules

Zenkaiger Wiki Link

< Kiramei | Kikai Sentai Zenkaiger | DonBro >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Zenkai VS Kiramei VS Sempaiger discussion Thread

Post by takenoko »

Wiki

I wonder what the lock around Marvelous' neck unlocks

I like Sena's new outfit

I like the bags with the sentai logos. I see Toqger and Go Buster? Abaranger? Oh boy, more Sentai references. I see a bowl from Kyouryuuya (Aba) and Enetron can from Go-Bus. Is CGC a hat from TimeRanger? TR shirt is definitely TimeRanger. Not sure what that is. A big shogi piece? Not sure why Toqger is octopus sausages. I see a big magnet too? Oh, and I see the yellow Hurricaneger umbrella in the background

Oh the Kiramagers aren't genre savvy. Captain Marvelous is obviously isn't wearing gold

Liking the designs of the bad guys in this movie

Suddenly the Kiramagers are here and stealing the show with their rollcall XD

Oh shit, Sayo's got a knife. Definitely wish we got more scary Sayo

Poor Shiguru. They sure like torturing that guy

We finally see the Gokaigers react to the Zenkaigers

Pretty great having Tame react to the Zenkaiger's stupidity

While the scene to scene hijinks are pretty fun, it's hard not to notice that they took the majority of the characters and put them in a locked room while the rest of the plot is moved forward by other characters

Were they unable to book the hell valley location? Why's it look like they're in a bulldozed spot? Sad all the sempai aren't in the big final battle

I guess I didn't realize the only two cameos we got were GokaiRed and LupinRed till it was just the two of them that showed up at the end

It so nice to see the Kiramagers fight next to the Zenkaigers to really highlight why Zenkaigers is a disappointment on every level

Feels like they should have saved the fox masked villains for a different sentai

SOmeone has a weird Mabushiina fetish

Not totally sure this mecha section was needed

Man, this mashup of these two songs couldn't have found a more jarring way of doing it

Pretty good VS. It's always a good feeling leaving one of these without feeling like they neglected your favorite team. Plus they managed to give GokaiRed and LupinRed stuff to do
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Re: Zenkai VS Kiramei VS Sempaiger discussion Thread

Post by Lunagel »

Man, you really don't realize just HOW FUCKING MUCH all the Zenkai robots ad-lib until you try and listen without any captions. There's so much background chatter it's impossible to make out half the time.

Who's Kairi's friend who's informed about other worlds? Is this Noel? It's been too long, I can't remember if this is a reference to someone.

Okay, sit down, it's time for cultural explanation! When you go out for yakiniku with friends, there's got to be one person who essentially manages the yakiniku experience. They're in charge of deciding what goes on the grill next (cook times vary based on the cut), what's ready to eat, making sure everyone gets a portion of the meat, etc. This is usually just whoever appoints themselves to the role, but a bad yakiniku boss can make for a bad meal. Gaoon wants to put beef tongue on first (it's a thin cut so it cooks quickly so you can start eating sooner) while Tametomo wants to start on the veggies (they take longer to cook and are a good palate cleanser between fatty cuts)

Gaoon's stew: "Changing the flavor" is a very common and popular form of cooking. If you have a large helping of something delicious, no matter how good it is, after a while you're going to get a bit tired of the same flavor. Hence about halfway through you spice it up with something else. For yakiniku, this could be adding curry to your rice+meat (most all-you-can-eat yakiniku places have a pot of curry available for just this purpose) or for pasta adding hot sauce/egg, etc.

Moeno Azuki: I'm kinda shocked she's in this honestly, she's definitely a high B-list celebrity, A-list in the competitive eating world. Usually Toei doesn't spring for her level of celeb-ness.

A5 Wagyu: A5 refers to a premium cut of beef. This is like, the T-bone steak of the yakiniku world. Brand-name A5 beef cuts can go over 50 dollars for 100 grams of meat.

Wow, that was an awful robot fight. What was the point of that, really? I think the story could've done without that 5 minutes of CGI vomit

And christ I've never heard two songs mashed up worse. They're not even close to being the same tempo so it's super jarring whenever they switch over to one or the other. Lazy, uninventive, and fucking dumb.

Overall, good movie. I enjoyed seeing the Kiramagers again and the story hit juuuust the right balance of farce mixed with action. At almost an hour though, it's a shade too long and probably could have benefited with trimming off the excess fat (pardon the pun)

Fuck I want to go eat yakiniku now.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

>Man, you really don't realize just HOW FUCKING MUCH all the Zenkai robots ad-lib until you try and listen without any captions.

I knew

>Who's Kairi's friend who's informed about other worlds? Is this Noel? It's been too long, I can't remember if this is a reference to someone.

I feel like this was probably addressed in one of the versues, but too lazy to go check

>When you go out for yakiniku with friends, there's got to be one person who essentially manages the yakiniku experience.

How's that work out? Would it be too chaotic if everyone just cooked whenever they wanted?

>And christ I've never heard two songs mashed up worse. They're not even close to being the same tempo so it's super jarring whenever they switch over to one or the other. Lazy, uninventive, and fucking dumb.

hopefully they don't do it again
fartboy
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: ToQger
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Robert Baldwin
Favorite Actor?: Yosuke Kishi
Favorite Band: Do As Infinity

Post by fartboy »

What's the difference between sempai and senpai?
CheetahLynx
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Engine Sentai Go-Onger

Post by CheetahLynx »

I was having fun until the main roll-call turned out to be yakiniku; par for the course with Zenkaiger, but they should have just done a normal roll-call, not only because I like to recite them like a child.

The most pointless mecha fight in history certainly felt like an afterthought.

Flint inadvertently making a wish to the dragon balls kanaema stones was unexpected and hilarious.

4/5
CheetahLynx
I was gonna list all the series I've watched but there's a 255 character limit. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Oh well.
Lunagel
Mofu~

Post by Lunagel »

fartboy wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 6:53 pm What's the difference between sempai and senpai?
Nothing. It's 先輩 (せんぱい), which is strictly romanized as se-n-pa-i. However, when the n is before a plosive consonant such as p or b, the sound naturally turns into more of an m sound. Hence why it's totally okay to romanize it as sempai, since that's more accurate to the actual sound.

See also
頑張る gan/mbaru (to work hard at something)
現場 gen/mba (location)
準備 jun/mbi (preparations)
乾杯 kan/mpai (to toast/cheers)
完璧 kan/mpeki (perfect)
Rider Cure Man
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Den-O
Favorite Actor?: Masaki Suda
Favorite Band: Sub-Radio
My boom: Resident Evil
Quote: "Now, Count Your Sins"

Post by Rider Cure Man »

Pretty pointless Mecha fight, at the pace the movie was going I thought there wouldn't be one. Mecha fight looked like PS2 CGI still don't know Toei doesn't invest in better 3D. Even know they can do good 3D All Stars Memories being a good example in my book

The ending song was terrible not even a good remix it just sounded like they combined both together without any care ones slower and the others faster

I like seeing Kairi again that little line about the DekaRangers and a Yakiniku CM was a nice little call back (I still wounder to this day what was that DekaRanger Menu)

Celeb Cameo love it hope Moeno Azuk doesn't have a high pitch like that in real life because it was kind of annoying the A5 Wagyu convo was pretty fun to watch

Overall, I liked it much better than new Kamen Rider V Cinemas
''Please return that button to God'' - Keisuke Nago
fartboy
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: ToQger
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Robert Baldwin
Favorite Actor?: Yosuke Kishi
Favorite Band: Do As Infinity

Post by fartboy »

Lunagel wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 7:27 pm
fartboy wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 6:53 pm What's the difference between sempai and senpai?
Nothing. It's 先輩 (せんぱい), which is strictly romanized as se-n-pa-i. However, when the n is before a plosive consonant such as p or b, the sound naturally turns into more of an m sound. Hence why it's totally okay to romanize it as sempai, since that's more accurate to the actual sound.

See also
頑張る gan/mbaru (to work hard at something)
現場 gen/mba (location)
準備 jun/mbi (preparations)
乾杯 kan/mpai (to toast/cheers)
完璧 kan/mpeki (perfect)
Thank you.
Lunagel
Mofu~

Post by Lunagel »

Rider Cure Man wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 8:01 pm (I still wounder to this day what was that DekaRanger Menu)
Ask and ye shall receive:
http://kanzaki.sub.jp/archives/000302.html

The site and images are from 2004 so the quality is absolute shite, but you can still see there are three kids' sets, yakiniku, gukbap, and curry, which come with juice, pudding, and a toy. For dessert there's customizable anin tofu (plus card). For 600 yen it's a pretty good deal for a little kid.
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

That wasn't awful, though I could have done without half the movie being about yakiniku, featuring the random celebrity cameo.

I don't think Kairi's friend has been mentioned, so I'm going with fellow thief Kamen Rider Diend. Technically though he did meet the Kyurangers, who are from another dimension.

I also watched Twokaiser vs Gokaiger or whatever it's called after this. That was pretty fun. No world domination plot, just a horny monster out to get his rocks off. I assume getting Mao back was out of the question, though it does raise the question in-universe of why they didn't just get Luka to do it.

That new Gokai Cellular part is weird, because Gai has never had any issue turning into other teams, considering he's used both Kuro Kishi and Dyna Pink before. I'd also like to moan about how it didn't say "Zenkaiger" like the toy inevitably will, and instead did the Twokaiser jingle. Technically it could be a Gouraiger/Shurikenger/Gosei Knight/Go-On Wings situation where he gets his own sound, but I doubt it.

At least they finally made a female Twokaiser suit after not bothering during the body swap episode. And Flint saying she might make her own powers could be a reference to the Final Live Tour where she becomes a silver Twokaiser.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Given that these VS movies can be so hit and miss, this one started off real well. They even worked in GokaiRed and LupinRed in a very organic way, which is not easy to do when you have so many characters overall. LupinRed stealing something and Marvelous fighting because he's bored is about as on-character as you can get.:lol:

it is notable, however, that they essentially cut all the mashins in order to make room in the plot for a dozen other characters, instead. It makes sense from a production standpoint, but it does make the Kiramagers feel a bit incomplete, since they were essentially working without their partners.

Past that, this was a pretty enjoyable movie up until the restaurant scene. That bit was perfectly on-brand for Zenkaiger - and make no mistake, this is half of a Zenkaiger movie - but criminy, it went on for way too long. They could have easily trimmed it by a few minutes and still gotten the antics across. But then of course that would require adding a few minutes elsewhere to make up the run time; and the plot of this movie was essentially over at 33 minutes in after the pirates corner the wannabe-king. Everything after that was fighting and hijinks.

"I get kidnapped pretty often"

Truer words have never been spoken about Malibu Shiina.:lol:

Also, if you watch the Q&A videos, KirameiPink's actress jokingly asks for longer shorts for the 10 Years After movie. The girls really got, uh, short-changed on the wardrobe for that season. :shock:
takenoko wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 7:48 pm I like Sena's new outfit
Is it different? It looks the same to me.
Poor Shiguru. They sure like torturing that guy
Somehow, it wouldn't be a Kiramager production without Shiguru's head in a vise. Someone on the staff really likes that gag.
We finally see the Gokaigers react to the Zenkaigers
I'm actually a bit surprised we didn't get more of a reaction. That certainly seems like the kind of thing that would set off Marvelous.
While the scene to scene hijinks are pretty fun, it's hard not to notice that they took the majority of the characters and put them in a locked room while the rest of the plot is moved forward by other characters
Agreed. It's basically a 10 minute long comedy intermission in the plot. It stands out, and not in a good way.
Lunagel wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:21 am And christ I've never heard two songs mashed up worse. They're not even close to being the same tempo so it's super jarring whenever they switch over to one or the other. Lazy, uninventive, and fucking dumb.
Oh good, so it's not just me thinking that, then. Mixing those two songs does not in any way work; it really is that bad.
Fuck I want to go eat yakiniku now.
At least you have the option of going to do that. I just watched an hour-long action movie about Japanese food, and the nearest proper yakiniku place is an hour out! This movie should really come with a warning about not watching it on an empty stomach! :shock:
Rider Cure Man wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 8:01 pm Pretty pointless Mecha fight, at the pace the movie was going I thought there wouldn't be one. Mecha fight looked like PS2 CGI still don't know Toei doesn't invest in better 3D.
I was caught off-guard by the mecha fight as well. Given how late it was in the movie, I had expected the fighting was done. The mecha fight really didn't add anything of value to the movie, unfortunately. It felt like the director was simply fulfilling a Toei mandate. :(
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Has she had the green jacket with the white sleeves and skirt and green shorts? I just remember her track suit
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

takenoko wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 1:09 am

Has she had the green jacket with the white sleeves and skirt and green shorts? I just remember her track suit
It's her default civilian outfit when she's not in her uniform or athletics gear. It's what she has on in the opening. Personally I think she looks like she got dressed in the dark.

Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Oh wow, shows how little impression it left on me lol
Gokider
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Gokider »

HowlingSnail wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 12:59 pm I don't think Kairi's friend has been mentioned, so I'm going with fellow thief Kamen Rider Diend. Technically though he did meet the Kyurangers, who are from another dimension.
Kyurangers also having thieves on the team, not to mention some who've met other rangers (including the one meeting the thief Gokaiger played by the same actress).
I also watched Twokaiser vs Gokaiger or whatever it's called after this. That was pretty fun. No world domination plot, just a horny monster out to get his rocks off. I assume getting Mao back was out of the question, though it does raise the question in-universe of why they didn't just get Luka to do it.
Considering Luka was in as little of the Ten Gokaiger film as Joe, having her play Luka is likely trickier than the rest though she did ironically reprise Raptor 283 in Superhero Senki. As for in universe, they likely didn't want to risk her being influenced as well and/or just didn't bother to get anyone else and Gai was already there though not sure why they had her clothes ready. What is weird is Doetamu not recognizing Luka's outfit since marvelous said he'd been "showing interest in her too", but he could've just thought it was popular among Lady Pirates or something or didn't think about it all (wouldn't expect him to recognize Gai as he probably didn't pay attention to him).
That new Gokai Cellular part is weird, because Gai has never had any issue turning into other teams, considering he's used both Kuro Kishi and Dyna Pink before. I'd also like to moan about how it didn't say "Zenkaiger" like the toy inevitably will, and instead did the Twokaiser jingle. Technically it could be a Gouraiger/Shurikenger/Gosei Knight/Go-On Wings situation where he gets his own sound, but I doubt it.
That's why the Gokai Cellular itself is weird since the keys only matter in universe and the buttons shouldn't need the rangers on them and in reality only the buttons do anything so the answer is just for the aesthetic and toys. Don't know about the sounds, but that could've just been since Flint was the one using it and it is the same voice.
At least they finally made a female Twokaiser suit after not bothering during the body swap episode. And Flint saying she might make her own powers could be a reference to the Final Live Tour where she becomes a silver Twokaiser.
Wouldn't call it "not bothering" for the body swap as previous body swaps tend to be like that. A good example being Hakase and Luka since they used each other's Gokaiger keys while body swapped and as themselves with different results.
Last edited by Gokider on Sat Jul 16, 2022 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Sentai-Kikai Sentai Zenkaiger”