Kindaichi Season 4 Hong Kong Kowloon Treasure Special Discussion Thread

For all those one shots and other miscellany!
Forum rules
Wiki Link
Xelger
Mage in training
Mage in training

Kindaichi Season 4 Hong Kong Kowloon Treasure Special Discussion Thread

Post by Xelger »

JP Wiki

This was pretty good, though I like the Season 5 Kindaichi cast a little better. Their looks just present better as teenagers, and I don't care for the ponytail Hajime has in this one.

However, I do feel a little accomplished that I figured correctly what the stuff on the walls meant, though I was less sure of my guess on how to use it, yet I was still correct in that aspect as well. As for the killer, I figured a little early on who it was, but it wasn't until just before Hajime turned to point out the killer that I realized a key point related to my suspicions, and then I found out I was correct all along and on that as well.

Man, trying to construct that spoiler-free was difficult, heh.
xiiliea
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Gaia
Favorite Actor?: Fujita Ray
Alignment: Neutral Good

Re: Kindaichi Season 4 Hong Kong Kowloon Treasure Special Discussion Thread

Post by xiiliea »

Was quite a good plot. The hanger trick was mindblowing. Except that I was kinda disappointed with the real Miyuki being out of action from most of the movie.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Kindaichi looks familiar to me. He kind of reminds me of Joe's actor from Gokaiger. He's a rather believable doofus in this one. Not loving that hair tail

They really do wear their school uniforms everywhere

London (what kind of name is that) lived just below Xin Li's apartment? That's kind of a coincidence isn't it?

Why'd they let these asshole kids in the apartment?

Where are they staying? It looks like someone's home. Oh it's London's place

Kindaichi, I thought you were supposed to be smart. A lot of people have the kanji dragon in their names... And now he's botehring London with it? (Is that even a good pronunciation of that name?) Do all Kim's have that kanji for their name?

The hell? Why are you bringing a nuke into this story

Questions for midway. Why did the mom tattoo it on her daughter only to kill herself right in front of her? Seems kind of over the top? She's a model, so wouldn't people constantly be seeing her tat any time she wore anything revealing?

A pink dolphin again?

Why does the cop know about the pink dolphin in the statue? Is he the real kid? Isn't that the dragon that had the diamond in the eye?

Gotta explain GekiRin here. It's a word that means "imperial fury" but it's also the name of the scale or horn that grows out from under a dragon's chin. It's said to incite the dragon's wrath if you touch it. It's a famous material in Monster Hunter and, of course, GekiRangers' two factions are based on the word

WTF, why's Miyuki all beaten up?

The police sure are bad at keeping teenagers out

I don't know if I totally trust the cop. Feel like Kindaichi kept that information from him for a reason

Kindaichi is a bad friend. Replace Saki's glasses!

I feel like that's not Miyuki

What? The bomb was real? Kindachi really is an idiot for withholding that information then

That buttefly thing is coming back? Pretty ridiculous

Ha, knew Lan was the killer

Oh shit, I don't think I've noticed fake Miyuki calling him Hajime

Man, this series is so ridiculous sometimes. The mom burning to death to get rid of the tattoo. Was that worth killing yourself? You put it on your daughter

Okay, I was wondering why Lan had the tattoo and how she fit in all this

I had fun watching this, but man do I think the creator of this series is bad at writing a story. Everything is so convoluted and reliant on chance in an unsatisfying way. Everyone's relationship to everyone else is too complicated, but at the same time, "It's a story about a girl getting revenge on her mom's killers, but somehow her brothers and their joined past is related."

What if she hadn't killed those guys? They wouldn't have found the nuke and Hong Kong would have blown up. That's ridiculous storytelling. At any point, did she know the diamond had been replaced with a bomb? Why did the mom tattoo the map on her daughter? Did she know it was a bomb? And also all the brothers had dragon in their names is so contrived.

I liked this Hajime, I thought he was more charming. Something about the fifth Hajime annoys me. This Miyuki is cute, but the fifth one does a good job portraying her shy crush and her awkwardness

I assume they did the hanger trick with CGI, but the glasses unfolding was neat. I wonder if those are real

Is the Yamada who plays Kindaichi here related to Yamada Yuki from Gokaiger? They both have the same blank expression
xiiliea
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Gaia
Favorite Actor?: Fujita Ray
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by xiiliea »

takenoko wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 6:06 am Kindaichi looks familiar to me. He kind of reminds me of Joe's actor from Gokaiger. He's a rather believable doofus in this one. Not loving that hair tail
Oh yeah, I think this kindaichi is the most charming one.
takenoko wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 6:06 am They really do wear their school uniforms everywhere
Right!
takenoko wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 6:06 am Kindaichi, I thought you were supposed to be smart. A lot of people have the kanji dragon in their names... And now he's botehring London with it? (Is that even a good pronunciation of that name?) Do all Kim's have that kanji for their name?
Trivia: In Chinese, it's pronounced Long Dong. That's how they got London.
takenoko wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 6:06 am The hell? Why are you bringing a nuke into this story
Surprise nuke.
takenoko wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 6:06 am Questions for midway. Why did the mom tattoo it on her daughter only to kill herself right in front of her? Seems kind of over the top? She's a model, so wouldn't people constantly be seeing her tat any time she wore anything revealing?
I guess she knew she couldn't escape, and thought her daughter had a chance to escape with the map.
takenoko wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 6:06 am What? The bomb was real? Kindachi really is an idiot for withholding that information then
Was probably calculated. He used it to deal with the detective.
takenoko wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 6:06 am I had fun watching this, but man do I think the creator of this series is bad at writing a story. Everything is so convoluted and reliant on chance in an unsatisfying way. Everyone's relationship to everyone else is too complicated, but at the same time, "It's a story about a girl getting revenge on her mom's killers, but somehow her brothers and their joined past is related."
I guess that makes the story more interesting.
takenoko wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 6:06 am I liked this Hajime, I thought he was more charming. Something about the fifth Hajime annoys me. This Miyuki is cute, but the fifth one does a good job portraying her shy crush and her awkwardness
Yeah this Miyuki is more uh... overpowering.
takenoko wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 6:06 am I assume they did the hanger trick with CGI, but the glasses unfolding was neat. I wonder if those are real
Hanger looked pretty real to me.

Return to “Other Projects”