Kamen Rider Revice 45 Discussion thread

All that exists in my heart is cholesterol...

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Aug 07, 2022 10:24 pm

★★★★★
22%
★★★★
22%
★★★
44%
★★
11%
No votes

Total votes: 9
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Kamen Rider Revice 45 Discussion thread

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Last episode rating: 3.57 of 5 stars (7 votes)

Eww Olteca is back.

Another series with flies that go in people's ears

Buu is such a terrible character. All he does is act as a messenger for when the dad isn't in the episode

Is Sakura in charge?

Has Lovecov always had that slit in the bcak?

Daiji literally flaps his cape and the flies disappear like a bad magic trick. Also the enemies this time are cgi flies

Why's Giff's voice only affecting Vice and not Lovecov or Kagerou?

Is turning cgi stamps into claws a new power?

I thought Daiji and Kagerou were getting along now?

Yeah Giff is alive. You only sealed him away. That was never in question...?

Wait, isn't Karizaki full of demons or something? What was that thing they mentioned an episode or two ago?

Oh no, Vecna's got Vice. Oh shit, he's really got him. What happened ot the seal?

Kagerou can't use the new form? Boo

Alright episode. Felt kind of fillery in a spin your wheels kind of way. Really suffers a lot from Toei feeling like they're just banging their toys together instead of interested in telling any sort of story. So Olteca is back... but literally doesn't do anything? I could fill a closet of dudes in this series that are here but don't do anything
DeMatgic
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Quote: Busters, ready... GO!
Type: INFP Healer

Re: Kamen Rider Revice 45 Discussion thread

Post by DeMatgic »

Finally caught up with this show and its ups and downs. Revice has definitely been a wild ride and I'm here for it.

I wonder how long Olteca's actor had to be covered in cocoon slime.

Honestly, I was trying to think about when Lovekov would've gotten the cut on her back before it hit me that she's a snake. She's shedding her old skin. Though I kinda wish they'd have shown that sooner than this episode, since it definitely seems like last-minute set-up considering the preview. Maybe if they showed it start to form either around Sakura's final fight with Aguilera or during the prior stuff with Daiji fighting his siblings.

I imagine Vice hearing Giff in his head and not Lovekov or Kagerou has to do with a mix of the dimensional conversation last episode and the Giffard Rex vistamp being, well, extra Giff cells. That or Giff is specifically targeting him, which is probably more likely.

Otherwise, it's an okay episode. Ultimately seems like a bunch of set-up for the finale.

EDIT: Also boy is the transition between Daiji and Kagerou lazy. Back when Ikki and Vice were stuck together, they at least had a blur and glow effect when they would switch who's in control. Here, Daiji and Kagerou just hard cut from one to the other, and it's especially egregious since they also wear different outfits. It was interesting for drama at first (and a great display of their actor's range), but Kagerou not having a proper demon form and just being Hot Topic Daiji seems like a mistake in retrospect.
Ghost23
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Ghost23 »

I've stayed with this show hoping it gets interesting enough to peak my interest. But it really hasn't yet and now they are just dragging out the ending, It's just the big bad left and they have yet done the really big epic fight. I hope the next rider have a much better story then the whole balance within. Seriously do kids in Japan even understand this philosophical concept?
Tokusatsu_Nerd02
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa
Favorite series: GARO (2005)
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Kabuto/Double
Quote: Grandmother said this Even if the world were full of enemies, there is someone you must protect.

Post by Tokusatsu_Nerd02 »

Great Episode!
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

Hiromi consoling Tamaki was a nice moment.

There was a lot of fighting this episode, but my attention started to wander since a lot of it wasn't important. Seeing the Riders take down Gifterians only to have more respawn got old.

Giff's motivations are very unclear. Why does such a powerful lifeform care whether or not humanity is on a self-destructive path? What is the difference between Giff exterminating humanity and just letting humans destroy each other?
SVNBob
Go Go!
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by SVNBob »

Arigomi wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:53 pm Giff's motivations are very unclear. Why does such a powerful lifeform care whether or not humanity is on a self-destructive path? What is the difference between Giff exterminating humanity and just letting humans destroy each other?
As we learned when Vice was taken captive in Giff's realm and Giff was monolouging at him, humanity is great at creating demons, which are Giff's source of energy. If humanity destroys itself, Giff's out his food source.

Extending the food metaphor, humans are essentially fruit trees to Giff. He tried leaving the trees alone and minimally untended (Akaishi*), but the trees still threaten to destroy the whole forest. So now Giff's planning on clearing the landscape and starting a whole new and fully controlled orchard, with the Igarashi family as the main seed stock.

*This does make Akaishi into an evil Lorax.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

SVNBob wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 7:48 am
Arigomi wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:53 pm Giff's motivations are very unclear. Why does such a powerful lifeform care whether or not humanity is on a self-destructive path? What is the difference between Giff exterminating humanity and just letting humans destroy each other?
As we learned when Vice was taken captive in Giff's realm and Giff was monolouging at him, humanity is great at creating demons, which are Giff's source of energy. If humanity destroys itself, Giff's out his food source.

Extending the food metaphor, humans are essentially fruit trees to Giff. He tried leaving the trees alone and minimally untended (Akaishi*), but the trees still threaten to destroy the whole forest. So now Giff's planning on clearing the landscape and starting a whole new and fully controlled orchard, with the Igarashi family as the main seed stock.

*This does make Akaishi into an evil Lorax.
This show was a lesson in sustainable food systems all along?!

Return to “Kamen Rider Revice”