DonBrothers 23 discussion thread

Put on your glasses and look at reality
Forum rules

DonBrothers Wiki Link

< Zenkai | Avatarou Sentai DonBrothers | King-Ohger >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Aug 21, 2022 10:15 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
36%
☆☆☆☆
43%
☆☆☆
21%
☆☆
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 14
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Re: DonBrothers 23 discussion thread

Post by Arigomi »

takenoko wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:15 pm Sooo... is that it for Tsubasa's story for this episode? Gets amnesia, turns into a dog... is all better now?
He continued to eat the dog food after changing back into a human. I'm skeptical that Tsubasa is okay.

Jin really likes to jerk people around.

Having strangers treat Inu Brother as "just another dog" was really lazy writing. It wasn't funny.

On paper, the concept of Tsubasa being unable to change back sounds interesting. In practice, the extended use of awful CG was not fun to watch.

The guy that snapped in the coffee shop was ridiculous. If you can't handle the ambient noise, go somewhere else to study.

The temporary rainstorm during Miho's fight was dramatic overkill.
fartboy
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: ToQger
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Robert Baldwin
Favorite Actor?: Yosuke Kishi
Favorite Band: Do As Infinity
Alignment: Neutral

Post by fartboy »

About the youtube channel post a while ago: I didn't even know you had one. Maybe you should link to it on the front page or something.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

fartboy wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:39 am About the youtube channel post a while ago: I didn't even know you had one. Maybe you should link to it on the front page or something.
Oh, it started off as just an informal place to host cms. I still don't think they're as good as just downloading them since Copyrgith stuff means not all of our content can go up there, or some aren't visible in certain regions

The YouTube channel in question:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_vIP- ... adsZNVw1zQ
Thenosa Yechette
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Super Sentai.
Type: INTP Architect
Location: A backwater place in this backwater planet(according to Agent Abrera)

Post by Thenosa Yechette »

I love Tsubasa and his focus episodes, but this one wasn't so good. Part of it could be because Tsubasa wasn't his human self for more than half of the episode. Or rather the whole setting of it.

I know they do this all the time, but nice little Easter egg with the guy for Jyukenki wearing SCRTC's shoes.

The catchphrase is probably the most similarity any Hitotsuki has had with the season its based off of. At least as far as I remember. Wow, the mostser even speaks Jan-Speak. So, making a monster based off of Gekiranger seems to be very easy...

Why do all the civilians think that Inubrother looks like a normal dog? There's no possible way a real dog looks like that, even a kid can tell.

Don't the civilian girls think it's weird that a dog is walking on 2 feet? And they're suddenly throwing pebbles at him... Why is that? Poor Tsubasa.

At least we know that Jin has met Tsubasa before. That means he should know that Jin is equally useless to everyone... So no surprise for him there.

Why are they trying to establish that eating with their helmets on is a thing...? It's absolutely not possible for anyone to eat like that!

Why does Tsubasa keep saying he's a hero when anyone comes after him? Does he think he'll be treated differently because of his status as a hero, despite looking like a wired dog-like figure?

That photo really doesn't look like a photo someone can take by themselves... Unless he has a stand or something...

Finally the slightest amount of sincere support from the people of Jirou's village... I'm glad
He at least deserves this much. I'm glad that Rumi finally believes him, but why did he transform in front of her if he said he can't transform unless it's important...?

Well, isn't this perfect? The only time Tsuyoshi doesn't come to protect his wife is when Tsubasa is involved in the situation...

So sad. Tarou was the only one who didn't notice Tsubasa when he came in his office.

Wait, why couldn't Tsubasa use the inter-dimentional doors the Donbrothers use to visit Tarou and Tsuyoshi? Is it necessary to know the target's place to go to their place?

Dang, Tsubasa can't have amnesia! He'll go to prison this way...

Whaaaaat? Now he has the body of an actual live dog... Ok, now it's fine for everyone to treat him like a real dog

Tsuyoshi really thinks they need all 5 to function properly as a team? Why?

Wow, Jirou took like about 5 seconds to 'acknowledge' his other half. I'm glad he's accepting his other side so simply, but how it was set up from the start, I thought they would take some time to actually acknowledge it and stretch it out more. But I am surprised to see that the 2 Jirous can coexist with 2 separate bodies...

Now that evil Jirou is outside, who is this "inner voice" that Jirou keeps talking about...? Is that his gut/intuition or some other side of his?

The Robotarou fights of the 2 Jirous was fun. It's hilarious that bad Robo Torabolt keeps hurting Robo Dragoku while trying to attack the monster. But I'm disappointed that the Jirous' Robotarou forms are CG too.... So much for highly anticipated. Guess if they bring 5 more CG animated gimmicks, I won't be surprised anymore...

What do the texts on the side of ToraDragonJin's arms say? They seem like Japanese text to me, am I wrong?

Why did they have to put Jirou's face on ToraDragonJin's head? That's hilarious and ridiculous!

The mech fight was good. Maybe even better than some of the Don Onitaijin mech fights...

Wait, did Tsubasa not get his memories back after turning back into a human? And the girl still kept him as a pet? What the heck is up with the ending of this episode. This has to be the most ridiculous episode ending in Donbrothers... I don't get it...

takenoko wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 11:01 pm
Lunagel wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:49 pm Maybe cause Jan was always super loud?
Yeah that's kind of what I was wondering too. Kind of meta...
Dang, I can't believe I missed that part. :lol: :lol:
Thenosa :)

Finished watching:
SS:
Dekaranger
Boukenger
Shinkenger-Ninnninger
Lupinranger VS Patranger-Zenkaiger
Akibaranger
KR:
Kiva
Build
Zero-One -Revice
Misc:
Ryuukendo
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

>Why do all the civilians think that Inubrother looks like a normal dog? There's no possible way a real dog looks like that, even a kid can tell. Don't the civilian girls think it's weird that a dog is walking on 2 feet? And they're suddenly throwing pebbles at him... Whaaaaat? Now he has the body of an actual live dog... Ok, now it's fine for everyone to treat him like a real dog

Maybe they meant for Tsubasa to turn into a dog earlier in the episode, but decided to just animate/use the doll instead?

>At least we know that Jin has met Tsubasa before. That means he should know that Jin is equally useless to everyone... So no surprise for him there.

We're 20 episodes into the show, maybe it's time we learned more about Jin. As he is, he's just the man in the box that hands out exposition

>Wait, why couldn't Tsubasa use the inter-dimentional doors the Donbrothers use to visit Tarou and Tsuyoshi? Is it necessary to know the target's place to go to their place?

Have they ever used the portals to travel any great distance? So far it looks like portal rules, where you need direct line of sight

>Tsuyoshi really thinks they need all 5 to function properly as a team? Why?

Because teamwork! Or maybe he assumes they'll need to form OniTaijin

>But I am surprised to see that the 2 Jirous can coexist with 2 separate bodies...

I'm beginning to wonder if Inoue just sees the world in cartoon logic lol

>Now that evil Jirou is outside, who is this "inner voice" that Jirou keeps talking about...? Is that his gut/intuition or some other side of his?

Ooh, what if Jirou's inner voice is Mother? At least that'll create a connection between him and Murasame
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

I'm starting to suspect that Inoue subscribes to the "because I said so" school of logical storytelling
Thenosa Yechette
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Super Sentai.
Type: INTP Architect
Location: A backwater place in this backwater planet(according to Agent Abrera)

Post by Thenosa Yechette »

takenoko wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:30 am Have they ever used the portals to travel any great distance? So far it looks like portal rules, where you need direct line of sight
Iirc, Haruka ended up in Shibuya by using one of the portals inadvertently. That has to be far from their city and most likely farther away from Tarou's office. So do they need to know where they wanna go to use the portal...? Episode 1 contradicts that.
Thenosa :)

Finished watching:
SS:
Dekaranger
Boukenger
Shinkenger-Ninnninger
Lupinranger VS Patranger-Zenkaiger
Akibaranger
KR:
Kiva
Build
Zero-One -Revice
Misc:
Ryuukendo
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Thenosa Yechette wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:05 am
takenoko wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:30 am Have they ever used the portals to travel any great distance? So far it looks like portal rules, where you need direct line of sight
Iirc, Haruka ended up in Shibuya by using one of the portals inadvertently. That has to be far from their city and most likely farther away from Tarou's office. So do they need to know where they wanna go to use the portal...? Episode 1 contradicts that.
Ah okay. I could be totally wrong then. I just couldn't think of any examples to counteract it
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Lunagel wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:39 am I'm starting to suspect that Inoue subscribes to the "because I said so" school of logical storytelling
And you're likely right about that. Which means there's a risk that the plot collapses in on itself like a house of cards. :shock:

Return to “Avatarou Sentai DonBrothers”