Fuuto PI 04 discussion thread

Double your pleasure, double your fun. Spearmint gum.
DaVinci030
Space Empire Zangyack
Space Empire Zangyack
Favorite series: 牙狼<GARO>
Alignment: Neutral Good
Instagram: DaVinci030

Fuuto PI 04 discussion thread

Post by DaVinci030 »

A young game developer is an idol?

High Dope?

That's quite the cliffhanger and I had the feeling the next episode would leave the job to Tokime as an assistant detective. First job for her, right? I'm sure she'll get used to her interaction with Philip.

Oh, that very very last dialogue in extra anime is a reference to Kamen Rider X opening song. This makes me wanna see more Kamen Riders in the next extras.

WannaFantaMan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Legends of Tomorrow
2nd Favorite Series: Boku no Hero Academia
Dreamy: I have too many to list xD
Favorite Actor?: Kevin Conroy
Favorite Band: Hanson
My boom: Fallout 4 and Elden Ring
Quote: AH, BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH!!! My mortal enemy!
Type: ESFJ Provider

Re: Fuuto PI 04 discussion thread

Post by WannaFantaMan »

Oh god, the additional bits at the end are f*cking hysterical and I love them so much. The one nice part about this being an anime is that we get those crazy facial expressions we wouldn't get if this was live-action. I don't know why, but when the Mahou Shojou transformation started, I was expecting the "secret" to be that the producer was the idol and not the game developer...so thank god they didn't go that direction (for obvious reasons). Lastly wanna take a moment to say the Aurora Dopant is FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABULOUS!!!!! Even when he isn't a dopant, he's fabulous with that rainbow hair braid he's rocking and as a gay man, I respect that for reason. Regardless, I'm excited for next week and I'm loving having a Kamen Rider to watch once a week again.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

That was a good episode, though perhaps not quite to my liking. The tonal shift coming from the previous episode was pretty sharp; but I have to keep in mind that this is an anime, not an animated version of Kamen Rider W. So things are going to get a little wacky.

In any case, the back-half of the episode certainly gets down to business. W really does animate well, and I'm glad the studio isn't skimping on that. The plot itself is a bit thin, but there's a lot to get through, both with the main trio and the case of the week. I also appreciated that little recap on W's forms, in part because they did a really good job of mimicking how W's OP showed off the different sides of W.

Assuming they aren't going to throw us a crazy twist, I'm thinking the dopant has to be one of the makeup team members. The producer is a massive red herring (though obviously is up to something fishy as well), and that doesn't leave any other characters to be the culprit.

Meanwhile the High Dope concept is interesting, though they don't really give us much to work with for this second. I'm assuming these are people that excel as a dopant for whatever reason, and if that's the case, it at least gives the show an avenue for raising the stakes, since at this point W is a seasoned and very powerful hero. Though if Sho & co keep running into High Dopes from here on out, that's going to be a little convoluted.

The overt sexualization is weirding me out a bit, though. I know I'm applying the standards of a show that airs at 8am in the morning to one that is aired at night, but you don't usually feel like a pervert watching Kamen Rider...
WannaFantaMan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Legends of Tomorrow
2nd Favorite Series: Boku no Hero Academia
Dreamy: I have too many to list xD
Favorite Actor?: Kevin Conroy
Favorite Band: Hanson
My boom: Fallout 4 and Elden Ring
Quote: AH, BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH!!! My mortal enemy!
Type: ESFJ Provider

Post by WannaFantaMan »

ViRGE wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 1:18 am The overt sexualization is weirding me out a bit, though. I know I'm applying the standards of a show that airs at 8am in the morning to one that is aired at night, but you don't usually feel like a pervert watching Kamen Rider...
I think we also have to remember that the manga is partially aimed at people who grew up watching W when it first aired and are now a bit older, so of course, there's going to be some overt sexualization in the finished product. Though to be honest, I don't really know what moments you're talking about...but that might just be cause I'm a gay man xD

Return to “Kamen Rider W”