DonBrothers 26 discussion thread

Put on your glasses and look at reality
Forum rules

DonBrothers Wiki Link

< Zenkai | Avatarou Sentai DonBrothers | King-Ohger >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Sep 11, 2022 7:46 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
8%
☆☆☆☆
42%
☆☆☆
33%
☆☆
8%
8%

Total votes: 12
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

DonBrothers 26 discussion thread

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Last week's ratings: 4.29 of 5 stars (14 votes)

lol, why is Inu Brother getting talked up by the enemy. Inu Brother and Sononi need more scenes that are separate

I keep forgetting how gross it is that they eat the origami. I'd still like some sort of explanation

Does Tarou's actor have covid? Why isn't he here?

Did Tarou give covid to Jirou?!

I knew it. I knew it was a photo book

That wasn't the worst clip show, but I've definitely seen better. I was pretty entranced by the clips though, since there are some pretty good scenes that I've totally forgotten, but it does kind of kill it to have 6 long clip segments. In the past, it helped by breaking up the clips with new material or dialogue to make it funnier

While definitely not bad, as just a clip show episode without any consideration to make it more entertaining, I can't really score this higher than a 3. There's worst ways to spend a super hero half hour, and at least this was mildly entertaining. But if people skipped this one, I wouldn't be surprised either

I'd be curious as to why they decided to do a clip show? Oh, that's interesting. Inoue isn't listed as the writer for this episode. It's Hatte Saburou, which usually means no one in particular was in charge of the script this week. Wonder if this was all adlibbed...

Also, that scene of all of them standing in the cafe together doesn't appear in the episode proper. Just the sponsor bit?
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Re: DonBrothers 26 discussion thread

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

well, the hope that this would hilariously be how Inu finds out about the rest of the team was a long shot anyway.

I loved them doing the standard "previously on" segment, music an all, but it's just footage from the episode of Revice that literally JUST aired before this. then panning out to show they were just plain watching it on TV made it even better.

I 100% called who the mvp was before the reveal, but I WASN'T expecting them to include actual footage from Zenkaiger. called the photo book before they opened them, too, but DIDN'T call it being a NEW book, so that slew me.

interesting that they bothered to take time to cover the Jyuto in these flashbacks, but, aside from acknowledging them as the enemy, we barely touched on the Nouto themselves and had straight nothing about Don Murasame.

and them all posing together as Don Onitaijin in the cafe was adorable, especially Haruki doing her usual "oniiii" call or Shinichi doing the monkey noises.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Connie_Edogawa wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 2:57 pm and them all posing together as Don Onitaijin in the cafe was adorable, especially Haruki doing her usual "oniiii" call or Shinichi doing the monkey noises.
Even if they get out of being DonBrothers, those guys are going to need therapy or something to deprogram these experiences
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

Well, that's certanly one way to do a clip show. I guess we're declaring this one non-canon.

But that raises more questions about Kaito. I know most of us have been assuming it's the Zenkaiger God, and certainly he doesn't act like Kaito in the slightest. But now he seems to think he's the original Kaito, so who even knows at this point.

I agree it's weird Tarou wasn't in this at all. Tsubasa wasn't in it in person, was he?

Next week:
Spoiler
The traditional Sentai summer episode they've not done in a while, and have waited until September to do for some reason. And the traditional Sentai mid-season showdown. Shirakura did hint at characters getting killed off...
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
vasyear
7X
Quote: don't piss on my leg and tell me its raining

Post by vasyear »

Normality I despise clips shows, but this one seemed to have a purpose for it,
Considering the promo for the next episode which seems to be a major flashpoint but it so brings up a question about Kitao, is it the same Kitao from Zenkiger that something (we don’t know about) has happened to change him into this “colder” version or if it’s not how/why did he know that he was Zenkiger?
That's why this gets from me a 4 star
Aeikozz
Faiz
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Smart Brain Lady
Favorite Band: Bennie K

Post by Aeikozz »

Why the clip show though? did they think people just weren't going to be able focus on DonBro? It's really confusing. Does this mean they are always watching Kamen Rider before they air? Does this mean DonBro is just a stage play??

Also Kaito the fuck man.... I thought Zenkaizer and ZenkaiBlack were two different characters. Kaito and Kami. but according to this they are saying it's the same person..

He even admits he's been fighting longer..

>_< clip shows are lame..... All the budget must have gone to finishing off Revice.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Aeikozz wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 3:51 am Also Kaito the fuck man.... I thought Zenkaizer and ZenkaiBlack were two different characters. Kaito and Kami. but according to this they are saying it's the same person..
I'm not sure if this is the most canon thing since the main writer didn't even write for it. It's essentially credited to being written by no one since Hatte Saburo is just the pseudonym for the Toei staff in general. Maybe the editor wasn't clued into him being a different character from Zenkaiger and was just like "Duhhh... here's some footage spliced in. All to pad out this clip show!"
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

takenoko wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 8:01 am
Aeikozz wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 3:51 am Also Kaito the fuck man.... I thought Zenkaizer and ZenkaiBlack were two different characters. Kaito and Kami. but according to this they are saying it's the same person..
I'm not sure if this is the most canon thing since the main writer didn't even write for it. It's essentially credited to being written by no one since Hatte Saburo is just the pseudonym for the Toei staff in general. Maybe the editor wasn't clued into him being a different character from Zenkaiger and was just like "Duhhh... here's some footage spliced in. All to pad out this clip show!"
Kamen Rider Revice is a TV show according to this episode. I think it's safe to declare it non-canon. It's firmly in the "too silly to be canon" camp.
Seen:
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Arigomi
Save the life
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

There was a lot of staring at the camera to talk directly to the audience. The random cuts to being in the suits while in the cafe were weird.

They tried to incorporate every character in this episode, but somehow ignored talking about Jin and Don Murasame.

Haruka sees herself as a hard worker, but she doesn't seem satisfied with her accomplishments. Shinichi praises himself for doing the bare minimum as a Donbrother. Tsuyoshi's dependency on Miho for validation is so dysfunctional.

Why is Sonoi blowing bubbles in his drink like a bored kid?
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

Kaito being MVP i saw coming, but the book i didnt.
however Zekaizer and Zenkaiblack being the same guy, remember we didnt see him with the kikanoids. maybe when he was Zenkaizer, this version was a solo hero? and the kikanoids were all summoned from gears like weve seen with jyuran.
Ashki
Mega
Favorite series: no such thing
Dreamy: Mele
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Ashki »

Our illustrious writer has the week off, so the TOEI staff decide to NOT screw everything up for once by doing a silly clip show. I think this was quite a good call, and it was indeed just the right amount of silly to work for this series.

The only two real flubs in the episode are: 1. We've gone back to nobody knowing who Inu is, and 2. The notion that Zenkaizer and ZenkaiBlack are the same person raises some serious question from last season that were left unanswered, namely whether Kami was a reflection of Kaito or (as it now appears) Kaito was a reflection of Kami. Their connection was only hinted at and never fully explored, so I'm hoping this was a little hint that we're going to be seeing the two seasons coming together at some point so all of the loose threads from Zenkai will be wrapped up (along with all of the existing crossover aspects in DonBro getting an in-universe explanation).

I also really like that the typical end-of-clip-show foreshadowing was every bit as silly as the rest of the episode. It made watching a clip show rather fun for once.

Would have likely been a 5/5 episode with minor clips interspersed had Inoue been writing, or a 3/5 if not for Kaito and the intentional silliness of everyone quitting the hero business because a TV show just ended. So this got a 4/5 from me. Not the best, but it kept me entertained more than most clip shows.
Fave | Least Fave Series so far
KR: AgitΩ or Zero-One | Drive
SS: unsure | Maskman
UM: Nexus | Ultra Q
Sentai: Akiballion: Battlemaids of Akihabara | Buddha Man
Other Toku: possibly Shinigami no Ballad | probably Sci-Rop
msf232
Faiz
Dreamy: 민지여신
Favorite Band: Dreamcatcher
My boom: Nothing definite, changes from time to time
Type: ISTP Crafter

Post by msf232 »

This episode reminded me of something- did only Haruka lose a big part of her life after becoming a warrior? Doesn't seem like much changed for the others
Finished:
Dairanger, Shinkenger, Kyoryuger–キングオージャー
Kuuga–Geats
Nexus, R/B
Ryukendo, Rescue Force
スパイダーマン
CH THE LIVE
Akibaranger, Akiba S痛
Wakusaver S2, Jyuukaizar
CPH GandD
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

msf232 wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 1:52 pm This episode reminded me of something- did only Haruka lose a big part of her life after becoming a warrior? Doesn't seem like much changed for the others
That's because
Red = Weirdo
Blue = Weirdo
Pink = Weirdo, but somehow he hasn't gotten fired for disappearing to fight monsters
Black = Weirdo on the run
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

takenoko wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 10:06 pm
msf232 wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 1:52 pm This episode reminded me of something- did only Haruka lose a big part of her life after becoming a warrior? Doesn't seem like much changed for the others
That's because
Red = Weirdo
Blue = Weirdo
Pink = Weirdo, but somehow he hasn't gotten fired for disappearing to fight monsters
Black = Weirdo on the run
I assume Black becoming a criminal is meant to be his misfortune. Didn't they make a joke early on about how Tsuyoshi's misfortune amounted to him stubbing his toe or something? It was something minor like that. I think Shinichi said something happened too, but his hippie attitude meant he barely noticed.

I assume Tarou, being the special little guy he is, is immune to the Donbrothers misfortune. Like, it was said that there have been thousands of Donbrothers, but I assume that only applies to the other 4, not him.
Seen:

Return to “Avatarou Sentai DonBrothers”