Next >

Pending, wait

Rating for Revice's last episode: 3.25 of 5
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Re: KR Geats 01 discussion thread

Post by HowlingSnail »

Wow, rest in pieces, Kyoryu Blue. Is that the quickest Rider death ever? Kind of reminds me of Suzie in Torchwood, where she was in all the marketing, then gets killed off in episode 1. Explains why 2 Riders had such similar helmets though, they didn't wanna bother making 2 designs.

Is that how job interviews are done in Japan? With your competition in the room with you? Because that's pretty fucked up.

Salaryman's older sister is played by Oni Sister's older sister. They don't really look alike, but it kind of reminds me of Saban hiring the Sudarso brothers to be consecutive blue rangers.

Geats being a total dickhead is a nice change of pace, honestly. Makes a change from all these goody two shoes Riders. Been a while since Decade and Kabuto.

Neon's actress is a real YouTuber with 664k subs. I hope they actually keep that aspect of her, and not drop it almost right away like they did with Ui in Ryusoulger.
Spoiler
I assume all those "Riders" in the next time preview will get killed almost right away. Technically this means we already have like 2 dozen Riders though. Although Wizard technically has 7 billion Riders in its movie, so I don't think that record's ever being beaten.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

After the Academy slapping scandal, Will Smith was reduced to playing guard dog on a crazy rich Asian

Maybe it's just me but if I was going to run away from home I wouldn't live broadcast it

I really hope that's not the end of Nossan, I'm very fond of his actor

Getting massive Kabuto vibes with how Tycoon is very much the focus here while Geats is coming in to save the day.

The revolution gimmick was actually pretty inspired.

Overall I get very good vibes from the first episode. I don't think I've seen a premiere this good since possibly Shinkenger. Hopefully they can keep up the pace/energy
RobertPal
Go Go!

Post by RobertPal »

What's the sponsorships for?
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

cool first episode. looking forward to where it goes from here.

some things I'm immediately curious about, that'll probably be answered soon, if not just next week flat out:

1) if Geats won, became a god, and could remake the world as he saw fit, all in episode ONE, then why do we still have a series? did he CHOOSE to make a world that has this deadly battle royale again, and will have monsters to fight that are hurting people? or are these things that just spawn themselves into existence regardless, and we'll have the world reset again at the very least in the finale, if not multiple times over the course of the show, and then "the adventure continues"?

2) the Boost widget just flying off like that at the end. is that a thing it's supposed to do? is it specific to Boost, or will one of the widgets always fly off if you have multiple equipped when a fight ends? Because it flew off, does that mean Geats has to find it all over again, or did it just fly back to wherever he's from and is waiting for him there? because the way transformations looked in this episode, I get the feeling it's a Gaim style "literally anyone CAN use any attachment, they just won't that often for budget reasons" vibe, which makes me wonder if you have to find them like in-game equipment in PUBG/Fortnite/Etc. style games every time or just keep them forever.

3) since the last we saw of Keiwa's sister was her being trapped in the noodle place, and then don't see her again after the world resets, is it just that she's not there because he wasn't meeting up with her for this meal where he got given a belt, or was she erased from the timeline?
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

I was just shown a silly image and wanted to share right away:

HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

Connie_Edogawa wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 1:15 pmI get the feeling it's a Gaim style "literally anyone CAN use any attachment, they just won't that often for budget reasons" vibe, which makes me wonder if you have to find them like in-game equipment in PUBG/Fortnite/Etc. style games every time or just keep them forever.
I'm not even sure that was a budget thing in Gaim, I think Urobuchi just hated form changes. The HBV actually gave us loads of form swapping, so they had the helmets (the only piece they couldn't just swap between Riders). Plus there are loads of forms which basically never appeared again after their mandated debuts, like Ryugen Kiwi, any Jinba forms beyond Lemon, or Baron Mango. I think he just hated form swapping in general.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
Xelger
Mage in training
Mage in training

Post by Xelger »

I forgot that Gaim was also a contest-based Rider show, but that one was more team-based. When I saw this one, I got Ryuki vibes instead. Am I way off on that?
Aeikozz
Faiz
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Smart Brain Lady
Favorite Band: Bennie K

Post by Aeikozz »

Nope your not. I'm tottally feel Ryuki 2.0 vibes of this. Hell Ryuki Scripts should be used for the Lulz.
MaxHazard
Infinity

Post by MaxHazard »

Geats looks like Sengoku Ryoma + 1000% president

Looks good for 1st episode... lets see how they progress for the next episodes
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

Huh?

So, is this Kamen Rider Sword Art Online or Kamen Rider VR?

Is the Soba place the official hanging out spot for the show?

Is this another Zenkaiger crossover set in Kamen Rider-topia? Will the Coins they use work in the Zenkai or Tsukai changers?

I got a little bit of a feeling for "Run for Money" on this episode as you have a unlimited number of mooks chasing everyone.

Will Tsukuyomi have to show up to prevent Geats from being the Demon King of the Future?

Is it really running away from home if your servants are with you?

What was that force field all about? Did the mooks use it to confine victims? Was this a feature of the game to allow important people to run? Will we ever see it again?
Kurow
Mega
Favorite series: Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Rina Akiyama (Agito)
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: girls
Quote: Ore Sanjou!
Type: ENFP Champion

Post by Kurow »

You guys are right and this one looks like Ryuki right away even more than Saber.

I'm glad that this one go back to the basics with simple colors for the main rider (white and black). Geats looks like is going to have several forms but boost form is clearly inspired on Accel from W.

Its good to see that they are done with the youngest and silly main riders and we are back to the more mature and manly riders.

The purple bull rider is like a fusion of Kitaoka and Asakura... a total douche from the first episode... love it! lol.

I will give this one a 4/5 just because the CGI was bad (as always) but other than that is a good start and its being years since a kamen rider gave a me complete good first impression.

I just hope this one its better than the rest of the reiwa era so far.
Final Vent!
SVNBob
Go Go!
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by SVNBob »

Connie_Edogawa wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 1:15 pm cool first episode. looking forward to where it goes from here.

some things I'm immediately curious about, that'll probably be answered soon, if not just next week flat out:

1) if Geats won, became a god, and could remake the world as he saw fit, all in episode ONE, then why do we still have a series? did he CHOOSE to make a world that has this deadly battle royale again, and will have monsters to fight that are hurting people? or are these things that just spawn themselves into existence regardless, and we'll have the world reset again at the very least in the finale, if not multiple times over the course of the show, and then "the adventure continues"?
My guess is yes, he did choose to remake the world complete with the same game again. Why? Because he's an arrogant gamer. He would want to prove that he's the best, again and again. So he would restart the game every time he wins. In order to break that cycle, someone else needs to win. Enter our seemingly actual protagonist, Sakurai...

It's not "Game Over", it's "New Game". Except Geats gets "New Game+" since he knows what's up and might still have his items. (Although it'd be a cool new twist if Boost Magnum was his final form and he has to go through the powering up process from scratch again.) Everyone else seems to be a new player.

Relatedly, while it looked like the world was reset with all damage repaired and "civilian" fatalities undone, I don't think any of the players of the previous version got resurrected. The rival guy didn't get killed, so him still alive and playing makes sense.
Ashki
Mega
Favorite series: no such thing
Dreamy: Mele
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Ashki »

Much better first impression than I was expecting, but still very wary about it. The copying is also strong with this one, which makes me worry.

We have:
Ryuki - the game for your wish
Also Ryuki - half the Riders dead before Episode 1 starts
Gaim - game referee/overseer/host
Kabuto/W/Ex-Aid - The arrogant main Rider with a focus on the secondary Rider, plus (once again) the infamous Accel joke.
Kiva - flying castle on a monster's back
W/Build - Dual form
Gaim/Decade - The ending before the beginning
OOO - animal-themed armour

I'm trying to remember the game or show that had someone with a big bear head, but drawing a blank. Pity that character died, but seriously, that head/helmet is terrible!

Gave it a solid 4/5 mainly because it was a much better start than I was expecting, but I'll still need time to warm up to the show as a whole.
Fave | Least Fave Series so far
KR: AgitΩ or Zero-One | Drive
SS: unsure | Maskman
UM: Nexus | Ultra Q
Sentai: Akiballion: Battlemaids of Akihabara | Buddha Man
Other Toku: possibly Shinigami no Ballad | probably Sci-Rop
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Caesar coin? Is that real? Is that a woman in white? Smart lady vibes. Cocky

cgi

Where'd the girls go lol

Jyamar Area? Random attack on citizens. Rip restaurant guy

Pretty random and brutal so far

Nice monster design so far. The bell sound they make is almost ritualist? Like a monk?

By contrast, that's a plastic gun if I've ever seen one lol

Why do all battle royales have to include a teddy bear character

That purple guy must be evil

Who's this butler guy?

lol at the fins on that bike. cool bike otherwise

Oh... KyouryuuBlue was taken out pretty quickly. Guess that epxlains the cheapness of that suit

CGI monstrosity attacking Tokyo

Nice bike save. Thumbs up

今までも\Nごみ拾いとか 災害支援とか→ 募金とか 献血とか→

The purple bad guy has a point. Why was he having tea while people were getting cut down?

Why do they keep talking about "this world". Oh a funny bit.

I hate that this kamen rider has the asshole haircut lol

Why is the sister the only one safe behind the wall?

Good music

Cocky transformation

Like the "ready? Fight"

Good first fight scene. Nice kick

Someone's good at creating good scenes this week at Toei

Ooh, it's another combining two things Rider

/me watches the Rider man flip around. What???

Oh, the bike transforms. Nice!

Good first kick. Not sure how I feel about the red form, just looks like a red Geats with no noticeble secondary features

LOL why did his belt fly off. That was weird
募金

Oh that's weird. So the world just resets? Hey the chef guy is alive again. Nice

Oh, the Gatack of this series has been picked so fast

LOL cat cafe

Sakurai was born in August 25 2000. Wonder if the finale will take place on his birthday

Return to “Kamen Rider Geats”