Zenkai VS Kiramei VS Sempaiger discussion Thread

Covid Sentai Singleranger
Forum rules

Zenkaiger Wiki Link

< Kiramei | Kikai Sentai Zenkaiger | DonBro >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Re: Zenkai VS Kiramei VS Sempaiger discussion Thread

Post by HowlingSnail »

Gokider wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 3:57 pm [Wouldn't call it "not bothering" for the body swap as previous body swaps tend to be like that. A good example being Hakase and Luka since they used each other's Gokaiger keys while body swapped and as themselves with different results.
Yeah, and I was just as disappointed there. At least they made up for that in 10 Gokaiger. But I'm thinking of the Lupin vs Pat episode where they bothered to make gender swapped Patranger suits, so it was sad they didn't do it during Zenkaiger's body swap episode. Same with the lack of gender-swapped Avatar Changes.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
Gokider
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Gokider »

HowlingSnail wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 1:21 am Yeah, and I was just as disappointed there. At least they made up for that in 10 Gokaiger. But I'm thinking of the Lupin vs Pat episode where they bothered to make gender swapped Patranger suits, so it was sad they didn't do it during Zenkaiger's body swap episode. Same with the lack of gender-swapped Avatar Changes.
That wasn't a body swap though. That was a gender swap.

Point is that the suits tend to match the gender of the person physically so a body swap wouldn't affect it, but using each others' forms or being genderbent themselves does.
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

Gokider wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 11:03 am Point is that the suits tend to match the gender of the person physically so a body swap wouldn't affect it, but using each others' forms or being genderbent themselves does.
And Zox in Flint's body was physically a girl, therefore the suit should have had a skirt. Exactly how in the Gokaiger or Kyoryuger body swap episodes, the suits matched the bodies using them.
Seen:
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
windfall
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Gekiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by windfall »

takenoko wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 8:03 am Oh wow, shows how little impression it left on me lol
I really want to say that they never actually wore the outfits from the opening during the season proper, but I don't want to go rewatch the whole season to confirm. P-Bandai certainly didn't sell those outfits, only their uniforms. The whole situation makes me rather mad since I really wanted that silver fringe shirt with the large bow.

As for the actual movie, it was pretty light on plot but at least everyone was doing something? Was it ever explained how everyone is going from world to world now?
Thenosa Yechette
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger
My boom: Super Sentai.
Type: INTP Architect
Location: A backwater place in this backwater planet(according to Agent Abrera)

Post by Thenosa Yechette »

This was enjoyable. It was shorter than I hoped and I wish some things were done differently. But still good, considering this was a Zenkaiger movie. And yet, the main 5 Zenkaigers didn't get a lot of focus due to the presence of other way better and more liked/likable characters. So I am not complaining that the main team didn't get much focus.

Oh I did NOT miss Secchan’s yelling at all….

I missed the Kiramagers at least. They look funny in the first scene. Their poses are hilarious.

Since when is Crystallia called ‘Kirameitopia’. And no one can justify that name saying that this is the world where the Kiramagers belong to. The Sentai world is not made for multiverses. No matter what they tell me to justify Zenkaiger’s multiple worlds in this movie, after it ends, I’ll go back to believing all(or at least most) Sentai teams belong to the same world. Speaking of which, they can’t name the LvP world with the logic that every world that has a Sentai in it is named after that Sentai team. They wouldn’t name a world Lupin vs Pat-topia or LupaPat-topia, now, will they?

Now that I’ve seen Goshikida Kaito (yelling at full-force) again, I’ve realized how much I appreciate Zenkaizer Black being a super calm and mysterious dude.

I wonder which of the 12 Sentai worlds that they’ve visited. All the worlds where the teams after Gokaiger belong to? That doesn’t make 12 worlds, though.

It’s so sad that Marvelous has nowhere to be or go other than Snack Safari now that the Galleon is gone… I wish they made something up or say they’ve remodeled the Galleon or something to at least give them a different ship as a place to stay.

They still can’t give a justified reason for making Sena and Tametomo quarrel about the tiniest things. I’d suggest saying that their reason for quarreling with each other so often (over the smallest things) is that they secretly like each other, but, again, this is Tokusatsu and they can’t really satisfy me when it comes to certain character relationships. Although it’s funny when Tametomo breathes in the smell of curry right after he scolds Sena for complimenting the smell.

Never get tired of seeing Marvelous, I guess.

I missed our cheery Sena. Love that reply she gave to Marvelous.

Mabushiina suggested using violence to deal with a Super Sentai member? That’s a bit fishy, isn’t it?

Which Sentai world are the big magnets from?

Ok, I really liked that they associated the gold pirate confusion thing with Marvelous. This is the best opportunity to make Marvelous meet Zocks.

Of course they already had Energia with them. I'm surprised that Vroom just randomly found it and picked it up.

Mabushiina is laughing in a creepy way...

If an incompetent Sentai such as the Zenkaigers are going against Kairi, then the Kanaemma stone has no hope of being saved. Although, I was very impressed by Kaito's attempt at stopping Kairi by flying towards him.

For once, Takamichi's entrance couldn't have been more perfect. Too bad that he's entrusting the worst possible Sentai with the job of protecting Energia.

Why do they have to transform to prove that they're on the same side? This is cutting off time from the main plot.

I'm glad to see that for once Kairi isn't acting like a total jerk. It's good that he's on the good guys' side from the beginning of this movie. I'm also curious to know which one of his friends told him about the bad guys gathering the stones.

Poor Stacy... I feel pity seeing him getting beaten up by the bad guys...

The Kiramagers should stop worshipping Mabushiina, already. They'll even kill people if Mabushiina asks them to do so... No wonder pretending to be Mabushiina worked so well for that evil scientist. It might not have worked so well if he even pretended to be one of the Kiramagers instead of Mabushiina.

Since Takamichi could track the location of the stones all along, why didn't he do it sooner?

*Sigh*... Why are we even seeing FIVE Zenkaigers struggle to protect one piece of stone? This is pathetic.

Haven't we had enough copy monsters in Zenkaiger already? Guess they never get tired of that...

Aah... Glad to see the Kiramagers in their suits again!

Wow, that's a lot of meat! Even for 10 people...

Shiguru seems to be overreacting to the situation.

They want more food after ALL of this meat?

Hmmm... Both teams' food in-charge had to be the yellow, huh? I get that Tametomo has a control freak side, but didn't expect that from Gaoon...

They're relating Stamina to a lot of strange things... 😑😑

Sayo, for the first time, you're making surgery look scary and creepy...

The Goldtsuikers are finally joining in on the fun. They're pretty late, though.

Oh man! Zocks, how come you don't know about the pirate whose suit design you stole? Although, it was Flint who stole the design.

When you remember that Zocks' crew goes by their family's name and are not actually affiliated with any Sentai, it's sad to think that anyone would mistake them for being a Sentai or mistake Zocks for being a ranger(since he barely is one).

Wow! Marvelous totally got one-upped by the guy who ripped off his design. Lol!

Oh, Marvelous' reaction after he saw Zocks dancing was so fun!

I wonder how much the cast had to eat when filming these food scenes.

Oh man, Shiguru had to say 'vise' again. Don't they ever grow tired of this gag? I know I have.

I'm glad at least Mabushiina herself acknowledged that she gets kidnapped a lot. And yet they never stop this cycle of kidnapping Mabushiina... What do they expect to go different every time they do this to her?

I can't believe Zocks and Marvelous tied. I really hoped Marvelous would win and show him who's boss!

Wow, they acknowledged that Secchan was a rip off of Navi!

Is the silver fabric Jyuran's natural skin? It looks so weird... No wait, then why is Kaito wearing it, now? Is that a sweatshirt of some kind, then?

Can you treat Kikainoids with the cure you give to humans? Cuz this is not making any sense anymore...

Why is Gaoon cooking food in this situation? Who's gonna eat that food?Why are the Zenkaigers SO STUPID?!

Dang! Tametomo's sarcasm was soo good!

They managed to put the Kaito/Kaitou joke too. That was impressive.

The pirate duo looks so cool fighting out of suit like that, even if it was brief this time.

Aah... Thanks for keeping us grounded, Jyuuru!

So is this movie about rip offs?

Sena asked a very logical question... Why are they making it a thing to eat with their masks on?

Ooh, the Dekarangers! Just seeing the suits is nice too.

I agree with Jyuran. I didn't know there were so many gluttonous members in Sentai.

Ok, the big finisher is a random idol girl. That's totally normal... 😶😐😓😑😒🙄 I don't get why they're getting excited over this, though...

I don't need Secchan's yelling to deafen me the millionth time in this movie...

That's a lot of role-call fillers in this movie... Toq #1's one is non-existent and it's just the VA announcing "Toq #1"... At least Patran #1 announces his own name. I somehow have a surprising amount of respect for that at this moment...

So Yamato's sword doesn't announce anything, huh? It's kinda odd in this bunch of reds where their weapons are doing all the talking, lol.

What does being a handsome actor have to do with cutting Vroom in half? Does he think he committed murder, so he's scared? That is pointless since you can't kill a machine.

The Potdeus guy doesn't know if he's actually related to Bokkowaus? That is sad...

Are they feeding her Wasabi or just making her smell it? It's confusing from how it looks.

It's hard to look at those super bright and sparkly CGI mechs... I miss the Mashins... It's sad that they weren't around other than the mech fight considering they were such important characters in Kiramager.

What a stupid ending! They worked so hard to gather the stones and in the end they just got scattered around the worlds all over again. And they wasted a wish for Yakiniku... 😶😑

Man, they ruined 2 great songs by mashing them up terribly for that ending... What's wrong with them?! Why mash them up? Just play a bit of them consecutively. First a bit of The Kiramager ED then the Zenkaiger OP. Why ruin it?

The only good thing that came out of that horrible ending is that we saw Marvelous and Kairi dancing. That was hilarious to watch!
Thenosa :)

Finished watching:
SS:
Dekaranger
Boukenger
Shinkenger-Ninnninger
Lupinranger VS Patranger-Zenkaiger
Akibaranger
KR:
Kiva
Build
Zero-One -Revice
Misc:
Ryuukendo
msf232
Faiz
Dreamy: 민지여신
Favorite Band: Dreamcatcher
My boom: Nothing definite, changes from time to time
Type: ISTP Crafter

Post by msf232 »

Thenosa Yechette wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 10:52 am What does being a handsome actor have to do with cutting Vroom in half? Does he think he committed murder, so he's scared? That is pointless since you can't kill a machine.
I thought that was a pre-planned act by the two
Finished:
Dairanger, Shinkenger, Kyoryuger–キングオージャー
Kuuga–Geats
Nexus, R/B
Ryukendo, Rescue Force
スパイダーマン
CH THE LIVE
Akibaranger, Akiba S痛
Wakusaver S2, Jyuukaizar
CPH GandD
Thenosa Yechette
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger
My boom: Super Sentai.
Type: INTP Architect
Location: A backwater place in this backwater planet(according to Agent Abrera)

Post by Thenosa Yechette »

msf232 wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 5:31 am
Thenosa Yechette wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 10:52 am What does being a handsome actor have to do with cutting Vroom in half? Does he think he committed murder, so he's scared? That is pointless since you can't kill a machine.
I thought that was a pre-planned act by the two
That part was revealed later on, albeit just a moment later. I was trying to find a justified reason why the act they put up would successfully fool anyone.
Thenosa :)

Finished watching:
SS:
Dekaranger
Boukenger
Shinkenger-Ninnninger
Lupinranger VS Patranger-Zenkaiger
Akibaranger
KR:
Kiva
Build
Zero-One -Revice
Misc:
Ryuukendo
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

HowlingSnail wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 12:59 pm I'd also like to moan about how it didn't say "Zenkaiger" like the toy inevitably will, and instead did the Twokaiser jingle. Technically it could be a Gouraiger/Shurikenger/Gosei Knight/Go-On Wings situation where he gets his own sound, but I doubt it.
Okay, so apparently the Memorial Mobirates does actually say "Twokaiser", which is nice. First time since Gosei Knight we've had a unique sound for the 6th. I guess it makes sense, since we never got a "Rokunin Sorotte", he never considered himself part of the team. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yF8LJMI4Po4
Seen:

Return to “Sentai-Kikai Sentai Zenkaiger”