Kamen Rider Revice poll and series discussion thread

All that exists in my heart is cholesterol...

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:47 pm

☆☆☆☆☆ I'd risk my life for it
5%
☆☆☆☆ Nice Revice
14%
☆☆☆ I can be your angel or your devil
41%
☆☆ Kind of shallow
9%
☆ The devil made me do it
32%

Total votes: 22
RobertPal
Go Go!

Re: Kamen Rider Revice is finished.

Post by RobertPal »

Sonicguy001 wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 3:53 am
RobertPal wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 8:13 am Kamen Rider Revice is now finished. I've said most of my takes as the show went on, but to summarize it, the it started kinda boring, then the middle ranged from pretty good to mediocre, but the final third of the show (and especially the ending) was borderline incoherent. Even when it was good, it was never that good in a way that impacted the overall story of the show, just the singular two-parters. And for a show that is not particularly episodic, that is a very bad thing. The ongoing story never clicked. hopefully we get some Geats projects.
well, this mysterious Anon group started doing Donbrothers out of nowhere, though it's a safe bet they're doing Geats. personally, i'm waiting for them to come out with Beyond Generations... unless they're waiting for the Revice movie and doing it as a double feature ala Ryusoulger VS LuPat and Episode Zero
I hope they do sub Geats & The Super Hero Time Intro and Outro, rather then T-N subbing the intro since they gotta use the same font ever since the C&D.
CaptainTalon449
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider OOO
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: "This is our stage" -Kazuraba Kouta
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Re: Kamen Rider Revice poll and series discussion thread

Post by CaptainTalon449 »

Let's be honest Revice was carried by three characters. George, Hiromi, and Lovekov
Kurow
Mega
Favorite series: Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Rina Akiyama (Agito)
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: girls
Quote: Ore Sanjou!
Type: ENFP Champion

Post by Kurow »

From 1 to 5 I will give it a 3 out of 5.

Repost from EP 50 thread.

I dropped this series back on episode 8 when it starter the last year. I just finished it after just 3 days from ep 8 to ep 50.

This was basically what you get when you take OOO, Den-O and W and put it into a mixer. Not bad but not good either and barely decent.

I will list what I thing was good and what was bad about the show and after that some overall thoughts.

The good:

The suits: Once again they looked really good except the initial Revice with that horrible Pepto-Bismol pink color. They really wanted to sell as many toys as possible but at least the suits has good designs. The Griffard Rex suits looked really good and it was a nice touch to finally give a good look to Vice and not just to Ikki.

The girls: Sakura and Aguilera were just good enough and what people wanted for Kamen Rider girls for a long time. This time they were actually strong enough and useless but they didn't take any spotlight from the main rider.

The secondary/supporting characters: Vice was clearly a tribute to the Imajin from Den-O, Kagerou was like Ankh from Den-OOO and Love was just different and cute but original too.

A single story most of the time: Probably I liked it more because I saw it all in 3 days but if you have to watch this week by week it may be boring. At least the story was decent enough until Giff was defeated but after that the additional "filler" evil George arc was one of the worst in kamen rider history.

Blood and Deaths: Many characters died which make the story look more serious and that the enemy was actually a real danger.

The bad:

The CGI... way too many and all those animal forces looked really bad. They made the same mistakes they did in Saber. The excessive use of just bad looking CGI....

The deadmen costumes/theme: Tamaki/Julio really looked so freaking stupid in that Mexican suit... it was just bad and I'm glad they just dropped those looks at the middle of the show.

The almost forced Sakura x Aguilera/Hana mini lesbian arc... it was out of context and unnecessary.

In the end the writer had to kill Vice but Love and Kagerou are ok... why? anyway these Japanese writers can't give us a happy ending these days.

Overall I will give this a 6/10 and a "its barely ok" series. So far I think this still below Zero One and Saber but was clearly inspired by previous kamen rider shows.

I have been here watching kamen riders series since the beginning of Den-0 and watched all your guys releases except from Hibiki and I thought that I had watched it all but this one was "good enough" too at least kept me watching it until the end.

One more time... Thank you so much!.
Final Vent!
Thenosa Yechette
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Super Sentai.
Type: INTP Architect
Location: A backwater place in this backwater planet(according to Agent Abrera)

Post by Thenosa Yechette »

I Finally finished it after taking a break from episode 38. I won't say it it was bad, partly because by the time the finale came, I forgot almost half of it. Like everyone else pointed out, there was a lot of good things that they could've done with what they had. But unfortunately they couldn't deliver as well as we'd hoped. Stretched it too long when they didn't really have a good story to tell.
The selling point of this season wasn't the story, but the characters. Sakura and Hana were good female characters and female riders and I'm glad we at least got these 2 from Revice. Yukimi was also great, surprisingly. It's unfortunate that she's the only member of their family who never gets to be a Rider. Some supporting characters like George and Hiromi were also lovable and entertaining. Ikki wasn't perfect, but I grew to like him by the final episode. And I'd rather not talk about Daiji, dude deserved way less screen time than he had. I at least hope we get to see (a lot) more of Kagerou in the V-Cinext, since he was so underused in the tv show.
The most memorable thing from Revice for me is certainly the songs(and their MVs)! They didn't have that many cast members perform songs since Kiva, I think. Some weren't great, but I appreciated their effort and loved most of them. I hope they continue giving us awesome songs in future Rider seasons too. Maybe not as many as Revice but at least 1 or 2 songs sung by the cast members.
I hope Geats does better than Revice.
Thenosa :)

Finished watching:
SS:
Dekaranger
Boukenger
Shinkenger-Ninnninger
Lupinranger VS Patranger-Zenkaiger
Akibaranger
KR:
Kiva
Build
Zero-One -Revice
Misc:
Ryuukendo
RobertPal
Go Go!

Post by RobertPal »

Still waiting on for the Beyond Generations thread.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Results

Post by takenoko »

5 Stars 1
4 Stars 3