No votes

Total votes: 19
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Re: KR Geats 03 discussion thread

Post by Lunagel »

I'd probably translate it as "excessive killing" or maybe "excessive violence". Jp watchers seem to think that killing more than your share of mooks is unfair to other players, hence the negative? Either that or being too brutal when killing gets you negative points, which makes sense since it is a kid's show.
Mikadius
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Mikadius »

For having 10mil subs Neon-chan's stream chat is terribly slow. Everyone knows that thing's zooming fast for any streamer at 1+mil. And no emote spam?! like, at all? Did the producers ever watch an actual stream..?

I laughed when it was revealed everyone's developed their own henshin pose since the last round. People got their priorities

Shep-rider going "whooat you can get points for saving people?" - like, dude, RTFM. The points board was right there at the briefing, in huge bold letters("moji"?), you were all present

So much for a "battle royale" if you PvP is effectively forbidden <_<
Don't mind it, just a bit misleading is all.
takenoko wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 8:48 pm Hmm, can you not transform if you don't have even one buckle piece? I guess that's why people who didn't get an item were immediately dropped
They did exactly that last episode, though. They all transformed first and put on armor after
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Lunagel wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 3:59 pm I'd probably translate it as "excessive killing" or maybe "excessive violence". Jp watchers seem to think that killing more than your share of mooks is unfair to other players, hence the negative? Either that or being too brutal when killing gets you negative points, which makes sense since it is a kid's show.
It must be excessive violence then? But what would that mean? Maybe killing a mook and then kicking it while it's down? I doubt it can be killing too many since that goes against the point of the game.

>They did exactly that last episode, though. They all transformed first and put on armor after

Wait, how do they transform into their Entry Forms? When it happened in the last episode, it happened automatically because of Tsumuji. When they transform here, the belt attachment seems vital as part of the transformation?
Mikadius
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Mikadius »

takenoko wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 9:16 pm Wait, how do they transform into their Entry Forms? When it happened in the last episode, it happened automatically because of Tsumuji. When they transform here, the belt attachment seems vital as part of the transformation?
I mean, I guess, but they can exist in rider form without their armor, so that's that. As for the technical side - if need be they could just make it work somehow I guess? Kinda like Double would de-transform by pulling out both memories, but then there were moments when he did the same in order to switch both sides yet transformation wasn't undone. They(show-makers) probably don't mean to use the base form much at all, so I think there may just not be an "explicit" way to transform into it.
takenoko wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 9:16 pm
Lunagel wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 3:59 pm I'd probably translate it as "excessive killing" or maybe "excessive violence". Jp watchers seem to think that killing more than your share of mooks is unfair to other players, hence the negative? Either that or being too brutal when killing gets you negative points, which makes sense since it is a kid's show.
It must be excessive violence then? But what would that mean? Maybe killing a mook and then kicking it while it's down? I doubt it can be killing too many since that goes against the point of the game.
The second half uses the same kanji as for "takedown" or what's its name, so wouldn't it make sense that the second word translates the same ("killing", not "violence"..?)
Maybe there will be neutral NPCs or something, that players will be discouraged to kill ...?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

That's why Luna's first suggestion was excessive killing and why I said overkill in mine. I have a feeling killing npcs wouldn't be phrased this way
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

It's a bit ambiguous since it's a new phrase made up for the show so there's no reference material. 過剰討伐 is 過剰 (excess, surplus, overabundance), 討伐 (subjugation, suppression, subduing). It's kinda vague really, hard to say what exactly they intend as the meaning. We'll know for sure if it ever pops up in-show.
Ghost23
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Ghost23 »

So far not hating it. It's better then the last series and the rider design is looking way better too, except for that bear or panda, that helmet seems way too big IMO. Although Geats is the title character, he seems like closer to a support character like KR knight to Ryuki. But it's still early they might just bring him to the forefront after establishing the other characters more.
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

so, if the zombie guy was attacked, or anyone using the zombie power up, i wonder if that would have made them lose points since thyd be a zombie but no? gray area?

when the gamemaster lady appeared in the guys room just for recording on his phone, it raises the question of how closely are they watched.

id assume that losing points for attacking another player comes from the rule of not sabotaging another player. like if you tied someone up so they coulnt make it youd be disqualified. oh i guess thats why they watch people so closely.

Ace is coming off a bit ... shady. he seems to help the other players but then bones them over. although, maybe moving around the other pieces on the board is how he keeps winning. i mean he is a fox right? so being sly is part of his persona? but i feel like Wycoon is the main character despite Geats being titular. kind of how Haruka is seemingly the main character for Don.
Kurow
Mega
Favorite series: Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Rina Akiyama (Agito)
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: girls
Quote: Ore Sanjou!
Type: ENFP Champion

Post by Kurow »

2/5 for me

The weapon swap festival was as bad as expected. The riders look way too simple and they don't have any identity. They are just a bunch of generic riders switching weapons every episode. The enemies are also so generic and boring so far. Every single weapon look like a cheap plastic freaking toy just because they want to sell... toys....

I hope this gets better but so far is just meh...
Final Vent!

Return to “Kamen Rider Geats”