DonBrothers 30 discussion thread

Put on your glasses and look at reality
Forum rules

DonBrothers Wiki Link

< Zenkai | Avatarou Sentai DonBrothers | King-Ohger >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Oct 09, 2022 7:51 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
50%
☆☆☆☆
38%
☆☆☆
13%
☆☆
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 8
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

DonBrothers 30 discussion thread

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Last week's ratings: 4.13 of 5 stars (8 votes)

Oomori-zaka again

Oh weird, I totally didn't think from watching last week's preview that Haruka's aunt would get kidnapped

Have the Anouni talked since episode 1?

As thought, the DonBrothers are all alone (except Haruka apparently?) familywise

I can see where Haruka gets her weird personality from

I vaguely remember a Hanamura episode, but did we know that his mom was a Jyuto before?

Huh, so the Jyuto still have some intelligence

Oh dang, guess the bus guide lady really is dead

Go in there Tsubasa. What are you doing. Also does that mean he knows who Kiji Brother is?

Looks like we're getting the Tsubasa versus Kijino showdown sooner than I expected. Seems like we're in the main plot of it now. I kind of wish some of this stuff was seeded in a bit better. I remember the Anouni talking, but it feels like they haven't spoken in 30 episodes. Think this is the first time we've seen the Jyuto act with any sort of intelligence besides Miho. Always glad to see Haruka's aunt, even if she gets knocked out almost immediately
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Re: DonBrothers 30 discussion thread

Post by takenoko »

Look at the profile pic for the actress who plays Hanamura's mom, lol

https://hulk.co.jp/w_talent/%E9%98%BF%E ... %E7%A9%82/
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

Oh wow, a lot to take in there.

So I'm guessing based on what she said, that "Miho" is a Juto who's copying Natsumi, and using being Tsuyoshi's wife as her cover. Inoue is introducing some of that classic grey morality, since we now have 2 "villain" groups who aren't necessarily villains. Seeing Miho in charge made me wonder if she's gonna be the final boss of the series, but actually now I think what'll happen is the friendlier Juto will live in peace with humans.

Not gonna lie, I still want Tsuyoshi to have to kill Miho at some point.

Stockholm syndrome seems to run in the family, since Kitou Sr has a similar reaction to her niece. I wonder if this kidnapping will actually be discussed again.

And as for the preview...
Spoiler
AT LONG LAST! I thought it might be soon, since we're only 4 or 5 episodes away from the usual final combo, and I thought that'd be a good time to do it. I wonder if we'll finally get a role call soon too? They have one in stage shows and promos.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

So who will be the final boss?

* Dark Sonoi - Sonoi is revived as an evil bishounen as opposed to an brooding tweener bishounen. He can only be stopped by Momoi's yaoi power.

* Sonozo - He uses his manga origami to harness Murasame to become an invincible fighter. He can only be stopped if Mizuki writes a better manga for him.

* Sononi - Murasame turns her evil and she recruits a dumped pupper to be her tag partner.

* Miho's Jyuto - Decides that the Don Brothers and the Nouto can not be trusted so she leads a Jyuto revolution.

* The swirly faced combatants - They get sick of getting no respect.

* Bunny suit mangaka - Because they look suspicious.

* Jin - Because he looks suspicious.

* Momoi - Because he is suspicious.

* Zenkaiger Black - Because why else would he be in this series?

* Mizuki - Since this is Shoujo Manga-topia she has the power the end the story any way she wants so all the other characters must try to make her happy in various host club like ways.

* Tsuyoshi - Gets dumped by Natsumi/Miho so he goes berserk and becomes a super MOTW. (And without him, the heroes cannot create their final form until they include the Nouto instead.)

* Jirou - Gets sick of being the only person in the show who acts like he is in a super sentai show.

* Shinichi - Writes a cursed haiku and turns evil. He can only be stopped if Mizuki can write a good haiku.

* Tsumuri - Because she is suspicious enough to be the final boss of two shows at the same time.
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

You know, when Sononi was asking Inuzuka to help, Miyazaki Amisa was totally playing it as "shy girl asking out her crush".
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

resop2 wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:31 pm So who will be the final boss?
Penguin Jyuto
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

I really don't get it. Sure, origami can be pretty much anything, but traditional animal a penguin is not. The rest of DonBro is (very loosely) based on Japanese folktale, so why penguins?
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

Haruka seems to gravitate towards napkin holders as a sneak attack weapon.

It looks like Tarou knows almost everything while everyone else is only aware of bits and pieces. Hopefully Tarou gets the others up to speed about the situation. It would be annoying to see future conflicts fueled by a lack of communication.
fartboy
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: ToQger
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Robert Baldwin
Favorite Actor?: Yosuke Kishi
Favorite Band: Do As Infinity

Post by fartboy »

sus
No. Never again.
Thenosa Yechette
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Super Sentai.
Type: INTP Architect
Location: A backwater place in this backwater planet(according to Agent Abrera)

Post by Thenosa Yechette »

Good episode. They are finally revealing important stuff that have been a mystery for a while.

At least Yuriko didn't go down without a fight... That's cool of her.

Is Beef Stroganoff the only dish Haruka knows how to cook? 😑😐

Zenkaizer Black is awfully calm and unfazed about all of the Juuto and Anouni stuff

And Tarou is back to treating Haruka like trash... They're never gonna stop disrespecting her, will they? And why does she even stand any of this? Someone deserves to be slapped pretty soon, and that someone being Tarou.

So the rest of them don't have any any family members around... Or their supposed family members live outside of this city... Yeah, I like that explanation better.

I actually feel pity for the Anouni now...

Does Tarou not have a cellphone? I've never seen him use one...

I actually feel pity for the Anouni now since they had to go as far as asking the Donbrothers for help. Does this mean the Anouni aren't all hostile towards humans, and evil...?

Tarou is too much into the "ideal Japanese demeanor" even in the weirdest circumstances... But clearly the Anouni treat people better than Tarou does.

Wow, she is being treated awfully well by the Anouni... Why is she tied with a WIDE RIBBON into a bow? But looks like having the wrong reaction after being kidnapped runs in the Kitou family... Although, I do agree with her about this being the best kidnapping situation. They're treating her better than how Haruka was treated both the times she was kidnapped.

Tsuyoshi is back to stalking Miho, what a surprise! I can't believe they're making it seem like a good thing to do...

I'm surprised that car didn't hit Tsuyoshi... Cuz in most cases, the car always hits someone and causes someone to get injured or killed.

Why is Miho not asking Tsuyoshi why he is here and why he has a pair of binoculars in his hands?

I wonder if Shizuka actually ate Hanamura...? Do they go as far as eating humans? Haruka seemed to assume that, though...

So is it just me or did they not show us in episode 27 that Sonoi told Tarou about Murasame, and we're only finding out now...?

This conversation between Sononi and Tsubasa makes us realize that Tsubasa has absolutely no idea about the Jyuto and Murasame and whatever... Too bad Sononi only knows Tsubasa's identity and no one else's...

Has Tarou ever seen Miho in one of the wedding photos or something? He only showed those to Haruka and Shin'ichi, right?

Oh, heck! Tsuyoshi married a Jyuto!!! 🤣😂 That's hilarious... At first I thought the Jyuto only possessed Natsumi, but now that I'm realizing that Miho is just a Jyuto with Natsumi's appearance, it makes this thing kinda hilarious...

Dang, they made Tsubasa find out at the last scene of the episode...

I have to give it to the actresses this time. They drove the plot in this episode... Haruka, Yuriko, Shizuka, Miho and Sononi's actresses all did a great job while the actors didn't do much interesting stuff.

So will they finally find out the identity of Inubrother next time?

Can't forget these.
Haruka is so gif-worthy... :lol: :lol: Hat's off to Shida Kohaku for outdoing herself every time. If they gave out awards for actors' performances in Sentai, she'd definitely deserve one. I think TTFC should run another fan-poll like the one they did for most memorable scene of 2021. This time, since we have had a lot of actresses in Toku, they should do a favorite/most entertaining actress poll. And I hope Shida Kohaku wins. :lol: :) :D
takenoko wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 7:51 pm Have the Anouni talked since episode 1
They have talked in their human forms before... Like when 2 Anouni came to get money out of Tsubasa in episode 4.
takenoko wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 7:51 pm I vaguely remember a Hanamura episode, but did we know that his mom was a Jyuto before?
Nope. His mother was mentioned 3 times, every time Hanamura appeared/was mentioned. But not the part that she's a Jyuto.
takenoko wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 7:51 pm Go in there Tsubasa. What are you doing. Also does that mean he knows who Kiji Brother is?
Not in this episode, I think. He might find out in the next episode, though.
takenoko wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:49 pm
resop2 wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:31 pm So who will be the final boss?
Penguin Jyuto
This I agree with... If they're keeping it a mystery for so long, it better be a big deal like being the final boss or something.
takenoko wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:15 pm Look at the profile pic for the actress who plays Hanamura's mom, lol

https://hulk.co.jp/w_talent/%E9%98%BF%E ... %E7%A9%82/
Lol, she looks completely like a villain. 😆
HowlingSnail wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 2:31 pm You know, when Sononi was asking Inuzuka to help, Miyazaki Amisa was totally playing it as "shy girl asking out her crush".
I wonder why, though... I get the hesitation because they're enemies, but she didn't have to overdo it...
Thenosa :)

Finished watching:
SS:
Dekaranger
Boukenger
Shinkenger-Ninnninger
Lupinranger VS Patranger-Zenkaiger
Akibaranger
KR:
Kiva
Build
Zero-One -Revice
Misc:
Ryuukendo
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

good episode, I'm looking forward to where we're going next week, and I have a prediction about the next episode:
Spoiler
it looks like Inu Brother goes over a bridge and smacks into another dude, so I'm betting a) part of the plot of the episode is going to be the rest of the team mistakenly thinking the other dude is Inu Brother, and b) MAYBE because of this confusion, the whole "Inu Brother's identity gets found out!" is a misdirect and they STILL don't know by the end of the episode.
also, a thought on how different the pacing has been between this and Zenkaiger last year: that we still don't even have the whole team aware of who each other are was already an unusual thing, but we don't have a 100% settled idea of who/what the ultimate villain of the year is going to be, but episode 30 of last year had Kaito fighting his dad as Hakaiser. we're 30 episodes into Donbrothers and it still feels like we're in the first 1/3 to 1/2 of the show.

and that said, I'm not complaining (yet). I've really enjoyed this show, and there's still plenty of time before the endgame. I'm just hoping we start building to satisfying payoffs without it feeling like "oh, no, we have 3 weeks left to wrap up 17 plot threads. someone put on Tom Sawyer, because it's RUSH TIME!"
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Return to “Avatarou Sentai DonBrothers”