My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Geats 08 discussion thread

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Ratings for last week's episode: 4.3 of 5 stars (10 votes)

What's this? Does Tsumuri actually care about Keiwa's well being?

Ooh, Sara touched Keiwa's ID. Interesting. Oh hey Oomori-zaka

As suspected, their parents did die in the previous game

Nice, we get Keiwa's full form. But maybe he should have been a frog ninja instead of a green tanuki?

Was not expecting this ending. The stuff with Keiwa was all great. How long till Keiwa appears again?
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Re: KR Geats 08 discussion thread

Post by Lunagel »

Riveting episode, couldn't take my eyes off it.

The stuff with the parents dying in the previous game is great, as is the sister regaining memories. Ace's speech to Keiwa was inspired.

I honestly didn't expect them to take out Keiwa. It'll be interesting to spend the next episode without our hand-holding audience insert. Is this where those vlogs he's been saving on his phone will pop up again and he regains his memories that way?

Lol at the udon commercial
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral

Post by takenoko »

>Ace's speech to Keiwa was inspired.

Yeah for sure. Like the writing for toku isn't always the best, so when it nails it, it's pretty satisfying

>Is this where those vlogs he's been saving on his phone will pop up again and he regains his memories that way?

Ooh, that'd be a nice... not twist... but it'd be cool to see these vlogs do more than act as diagetic recaps

>Lol at the udon commercial

Didn't we sub that last week? Or is this week's a new one?

Edit: I don't remember if I mentioned it last week, but how weird is it to see the commercial break happen after the opening song. They haven't done that since Revice. Sometime during Revice they moved the first commercial break to a different point from the opening song
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

well, this was a ton of unexpected turns of events. I wonder if this is why, afaik, they aren't selling Tycoon's Core ID, despite showing him off on the boxes for the Ninja buckle and weapon.

and if you'd said that we were still losing someone this week, I would've expected Na-go before Tycoon.

do you think Keiwa's sister will take his place as a Rider in the next DGP after reset?
takenoko wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 6:33 pm Nice, we get Keiwa's full form. But maybe he should have been a frog ninja instead of a green tanuki?
while I understand the whole Ninja and Frog connection, I think the Tanuki thing is because Kitsune vs Tanuki is a popular rivalry that pops up from time to time.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

>well, this was a ton of unexpected turns of events. I wonder if this is why, afaik, they aren't selling Tycoon's Core ID, despite showing him off on the boxes for the Ninja buckle and weapon.

Oh? How odd

>and if you'd said that we were still losing someone this week, I would've expected Na-go before Tycoon.

I think that's what most people were predicting too. What a good twist

>do you think Keiwa's sister will take his place as a Rider in the next DGP after reset?

It kind of felt like it didn't it? I certainly don't think this is the last we've seen of Keiwa though. He's the Kagami to Ukiyo's Tendou

>while I understand the whole Ninja and Frog connection, I think the Tanuki thing is because Kitsune vs Tanuki is a popular rivalry that pops up from time to time.

I mean... it's not just cause there's a red kitsune/green tanuki soba brand is it >.>
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Tanuki and kitsune are both trickster types, and semi-sorta rivals, traditionally speaking.
https://japanesegallery.com/anime_and_m ... anuki.html
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

Keiwa's sister is totally gonna become a Rider in the next Desire Grand Prix, isn't she? Keiwa's presumably had his memories erased, but it seems like she's not. So I guess she's gonna be demanding answers as to what the hell is going on.
Connie_Edogawa wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 9:39 pm well, this was a ton of unexpected turns of events. I wonder if this is why, afaik, they aren't selling Tycoon's Core ID, despite showing him off on the boxes for the Ninja buckle and weapon.
Maybe. I know back during Ryuki, the only Visors they sold were for Ryuki, Knight, Zolda, Ouja and Tiger, which gave a pretty good hint that none of the others would be around for long.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

HowlingSnail wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 5:15 am
Connie_Edogawa wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 9:39 pm well, this was a ton of unexpected turns of events. I wonder if this is why, afaik, they aren't selling Tycoon's Core ID, despite showing him off on the boxes for the Ninja buckle and weapon.
Maybe. I know back during Ryuki, the only Visors they sold were for Ryuki, Knight, Zolda, Ouja and Tiger, which gave a pretty good hint that none of the others would be around for long.
well, THAT just raises further questions, since one of the sites I use to get Rider and Sentai merch, and the one I've used so far for all my Geats stuff, just listed a new item, which I'll put in the spoiler tags since it's from next week's episode, but that one DOES include a Core ID.
Spoiler
the item in question is the new buckle Geats is using in the preview, and the ID included... is Punkjack's
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

Connie_Edogawa wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 11:26 am
HowlingSnail wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 5:15 am

well, THAT just raises further questions, since one of the sites I use to get Rider and Sentai merch, and the one I've used so far for all my Geats stuff, just listed a new item, which I'll put in the spoiler tags since it's from next week's episode, but that one DOES include a Core ID.
Spoiler
the item in question is the new buckle Geats is using in the preview, and the ID included... is Punkjack's
Spoiler
Yes, they've started promoting Nago and Punkjack's main forms. Which makes me wonder what is going on with him.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
Kurow
Mega
Favorite series: Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Rina Akiyama (Agito)
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: girls
Quote: Ore Sanjou!
Type: ENFP Champion

Post by Kurow »

4/5

This is what Kamen Rider is all about! but the CGI was so bad that I can't give it a 5/5. The music in this episode was really good.

I also think that Sara is going to be a Kamen Rider now that she knows the truth about her parents death.

I have to admit that Keiwa going out in 4th place is something that I didn't expect it. I predicted a final 3 of Keiwa, Ace and Bufa. Now the final 2 is definitely going to be Bufa vs Ace and if not they would really surprise us.

At this point looks like this game is going to end around episode 12-13 or 15 at most. The story seems to be stuck in an endless loop of games and they need to move to the process to end this once and for all.
Final Vent!
patamon829
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by patamon829 »

This ep got my first 5 star rating. From the mis-direct of a character getting their main form & coming out on top to the long shot of Keiwa teleporting through the classrooms, this ep had it all for me. Even had a little old-school Jackie Chan stunt to boot. Plus that shot of Booster attaching through the roof! *chef's kiss*
sqizzo
Adventure
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Den-O; Kamen Rider Gaim; Kamrn Rider Wizard
Favorite Band: Wrist
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: ka BOOM!
Quote: "My grandmother said this...when people love others, they become weaker, but it is nothing to be ashamed of. True weakness lies elsewhere."

Post by sqizzo »

Lunagel wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 6:40 pm Is this where those vlogs he's been saving on his phone will pop up again and he regains his memories that way?
Yeah. That'll be a nice continuity to his action. Maybe infiltrating the DGP from the outside.
takenoko wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 10:30 pm It kind of felt like it didn't it? I certainly don't think this is the last we've seen of Keiwa though. He's the Kagami to Ukiyo's Tendou
True. He's too interesting of a character to just end here. I feel that he's the "we can change the world together" character as compared to Ace perspective on how "only I am responsible to change the world". So yeah. Gave me the Kamen Rider Kabuto feeling even from the beginning which is one reason I'm enjoying it so far.
Kurow wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 6:32 pm This is what Kamen Rider is all about! but the CGI was so bad that I can't give it a 5/5. The music in this episode was really good.
I gave up on expecting good CGI I think since Kamen Rider Build because even with the technology at that time the CGI is horrible. I think they have decided on how much they wanna invest on CGI and I have accepted that. Now I try to enjoy the story instead.

Wondering about the nature of the Raise Buckle.
Spoiler
When the Ninja Raise Buckle decides to attach itself to Keiwa, does that mean that it has a mind of it own? Does that mean that if one of the rider have a strong enough will or synergy with the Raise Buckle, they can summon it from another rider?
The darkness first descend,
The darkness will not end,
The darkness i befriend,
The darkness i command.
NeoBoi22
Complacent masses
Complacent masses

Post by NeoBoi22 »

I wonder what changed in the v2? (Totally not made by you guys) 👀
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

NeoBoi22 wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:13 pm I wonder what changed in the v2? (Totally not made by you guys) 👀
I watched Anon's release real fast and it looks like they changed Ukiyo's "Yeah. Maybe I did" to "Yeah. Maybe it is" at the end
NeoBoi22
Complacent masses
Complacent masses

Post by NeoBoi22 »

Thanks mate and Happy 20th Anniversary, been watching your subs since 2015 and prefer your subs above all (unless it’s something you didn’t subbed like Revice) but congrats.

Return to “Kamen Rider Geats”