★★
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 13
Mikadius
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Re: KR Geats 08 discussion thread

Post by Mikadius »

Taking a star off for being the most confusing episode for me, but adding one for actually "eliminating" one of the MCs! Hopefully it'll be at least a couple of episodes until he's back; please showrunners, let us have at least some meaningful consequences/events. Also, action was really good, you can tell it's a higher budget episode (though some parts of Tycoon's CGI fight with the boss didn't look great but that's par for the course at this point)

The things that confused me, though, were SEVERAL already established rules which sure could've used some more explanation before being used like they were in this episode:
Keiwa said "if all kamen riders wiped out world will be destroyed" - didn't they say last ep that happened already las time this boss was out? I thought only the damage would remain, while the world would go on with another GDP?
Why is Tycoon so worried about neesan? What happened to "people are revived when it's all over"..? I know she's a dear person to him so his judgement is affected, but nobody even tried mentioning that to calm him down.
Also, Tycoon still has boost? I thought it's supposed to leave you after one use. Maybe it's yours for the whole round..? This never happened before
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

NeoBoi22 wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 11:00 pm Thanks mate and Happy 20th Anniversary, been watching your subs since 2015 and prefer your subs above all (unless it’s something you didn’t subbed like Revice) but congrats.
Thanks!

>Why is Tycoon so worried about neesan? What happened to "people are revived when it's all over"..? I know she's a dear person to him so his judgement is affected, but nobody even tried mentioning that to calm him down.

Even if he knows that intellectually, he still probably doesn't want to see his sister suffer or come to any harm

>Also, Tycoon still has boost? I thought it's supposed to leave you after one use. Maybe it's yours for the whole round..? This never happened before

I don't think Boost leaves unless you use the finisher. It didn't leave when Geats was borrowing it either during the card one
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

Mikadius wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 3:21 pm Keiwa said "if all kamen riders wiped out world will be destroyed" - didn't they say last ep that happened already las time this boss was out? I thought only the damage would remain, while the world would go on with another GDP?
It depends on how you define the boundaries of the world. I imagine that an entire civilization was wiped out when the Kamen Riders failed. Archaeology has examples of sophisticated civilizations that suddenly disappeared without any clues as to why. The DGP seems to contain the damage by creating the barriers that designate the Jymar Area for the games, but that doesn't necessarily mean they can't be breached by a boss monster once they gain full control of an area.

Sara regaining her memories is a glitch in the system that the DGP can't ignore. It is in their interest to make her a Kamen Rider so that they can monitor and control the situation. It would be interesting to see her being a Kamen Ride while Keiwa is unaware.
Mikadius
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Mikadius »

takenoko wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 4:34 pm Even if he knows that intellectually, he still probably doesn't want to see his sister suffer or come to any harm
I guess! Still a bit strange nobody addressed this very relevant rule they very explicitly introduced not that long ago.
takenoko wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 4:34 pm I don't think Boost leaves unless you use the finisher. It didn't leave when Geats was borrowing it either during the card one
Huh, naruhodo

Arigomi wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 12:32 pm It depends on how you define the boundaries of the world. I imagine that an entire civilization was wiped out when the Kamen Riders failed.
I mean, considering Keiwas and neesan's parents died from Jamato, we can assume that riders failed back then and it wasn't too drastic. Might have been the same cactus-horse boss monster incident, too. The way they talked about it seemed like this kind of catastrophe usually doesn't happen and it might have been the only one for all we know
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

i didnt want to look but it makes it feel like this season is super short, with how most of the riders have been let go. but im guessing, people will return somehow?

really liked how the buckle went to Tycoon, almost comes off as the items are choosing who they go to because of might use their power beast.

if the goal, seemingly, is to be the best Kamen Rider and win this game, shouldnt they have been a bit more selfless? Tycoon wasnt wrong in what he was saying, but bravo for not making the other be "goody good".
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

I had a horrible idea for a plot twist: they bring back Kamen Rider Punk Jack and he gets unmasked during the battle and Punk Jack is actually one of Neon's body guards.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Mikadius wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 1:30 pm I mean, considering Keiwas and neesan's parents died from Jamato, we can assume that riders failed back then and it wasn't too drastic. Might have been the same cactus-horse boss monster incident, too. The way they talked about it seemed like this kind of catastrophe usually doesn't happen and it might have been the only one for all we know
Oh, we totally interpreted those events differently. Since they weren't brought back, I assumed they were both past Riders. Unless there's another twist that they haven't explained yet

>Kamen Rider Punk Jack and he gets unmasked during the battle and Punk Jack is actually one of Neon's body guards

Hmmm, but the only reason you'd wear a mask is if it's interesting when the mask is revealed. Who wants to bet the shadowy person at the monitors is Ukiyo's mom?
Mikadius
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Mikadius »

takenoko wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 11:04 pm Oh, we totally interpreted those events differently. Since they weren't brought back, I assumed they were both past Riders. Unless there's another twist that they haven't explained yet
Well, they weren't fighting back nor did they have rider attire..
Though I'm with you on the possibility of "another twist" , since there's quite literally a brand new DGP rule revealed at the end of each episode and who knows what else there is
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Agreed. And I still don't buy the "Hey if you are dropped from the game or if you're a civilian who has died, you just get reset with no consequences". It feels like an obvious lie to get the players to keep playing, unaware of the bitter side effects of the "game" they're playing
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

Before Keiwa disappeared, he asked Tsumuri will he be returning to normal life. I feel Tsumuri kind of hesitated when she answered "Yes.", which suggest she might not be telling the truth.

Fun fact, this is how they film the car wrack scene.

Image Image
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I love your behind the scenes details Yaiba. Keep it up!
Mxylv
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Favorite Actor?: Daisuke Terai
Favorite Band: GaGaalinG
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all.

Post by Mxylv »

Gonna try something new with this series and binge 4 episodes per month (and see how long that lasts lol).

Huh. Did Ace not participate in the war where Keiwa's parents died? Not sure why else they wouldn't come back if the shop owner was alright. Anyway, I'm curious where they're going now that both our POV rider and the apparent last boss seem to be gone; this almost felt like an arc ending, though I assume that won't be until this Desire Grand Prix ends one way or another. Sounds like they might be setting up Keiwa's sister to be a rider in a future game, or at very least a more important supporting character.

Side note--Ace being functionally immortal reframes his earlier "I even got a date with you" line. had he asked her out every few decades/centuries?
Watching:
Kamen Rider Kuuga, Gotchard

Watched:
KR W, Gaim, Ghost - Build, Geats
Ultraman '66, Leo, Great, Nexus - U7X, Ginga - Blazar
Donbrothers
GS Sho, HwTM, Dogengers S1-4
When in doubt,
Mikadius
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Mikadius »

Mxylv wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 7:00 pm Side note--Ace being functionally immortal reframes his earlier "I even got a date with you" line. had he asked her out every few decades/centuries?
The (semi-)romantic side-story we didn't get to see :o

Return to “Kamen Rider Geats”