My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Geats 11 discussion thread

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Ratings for last week's episode: 4.18 of 5 stars (11 votes)

LOl, why did Neon's dad have to say that line in such a menacing way

The Desire Card not being able to let Ukiyo meet his mom is pretty convenient for the story

It's that castle Toei likes to film at. What's it called again?

LOL, Geats can just steal another person's buckle while they're wearing it?

Beats goes with any Rider

How long till it's revealed the Jamato are fallen Riders?

Oh Jamato grow on trees. Hey, Rider IDs! I knew it!

Ooh, so that's why Keiwa and Neon were different after the game

Did Geats just get a muffler? Pretty nice parallel with the victims all having chokers

I don't totally understand jackpot but the action is pretty good this time. Even the cgi motorcycle fight looks good

That was a very successful episode for me. I'm always amazed at how Geats will balance revealing new information about the world (without feeling too contrived), while also giving us fun moments with characters that we like, while also having good action scenes on top of that. It's like the Triforce of things to make a good toku series

Preview:
Ooh, looks like we're getting Keiwa back sooner than I thought
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Re: KR Geats 11 discussion thread

Post by Lunagel »

takenoko wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 5:50 pm
Lockheart Castle.

This episode was pretty masterful. Juuuuust enough information to keep me hooked but not so much that it felt like infodump. I guess Michinaga loses his drive to kill all Kamen Riders too but since it's intrinsically linked to his memory of the DGP it doesn't actually affect his personality. Nice loophole.

I'd like to know how many iterations of the DGP there have been so far. At least 10 years judging by Keiwa's parents' deaths but now year 0 apparently.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral

Post by takenoko »

>This episode was pretty masterful. Juuuuust enough information to keep me hooked but not so much that it felt like infodump. I guess Michinaga loses his drive to kill all Kamen Riders too but since it's intrinsically linked to his memory of the DGP it doesn't actually affect his personality. Nice loophole.

Oh, I didn't really think about that. I mean, he is unusually nice to Ace at the start of this arc, prior to receiving his ID core. I feel like memories and emotions are separate tracks in the brain. Like even if you don't remember something, you'd probably emotionally remember hating getting an electric shock (See Memento)

>I'd like to know how many iterations of the DGP there have been so far. At least 10 years judging by Keiwa's parents' deaths but now year 0 apparently.

I just started calling it 3 since the series started. If there's any before then it'll have to be labeled counting backwards like BC style
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Just for funsies, I tried cracking the Jamato code to open the door, and while it's very simple (all the Jamato letters under the paintings correspond to one character of the JP alphabet), they also didn't give us enough paintings to actually solve the code. The sunflowers gives us the first character for the door, "hi", but the remaining two weren't shown during the episode.

Incidentally, if it's not clear from the episode (I certainly didn't get it), Win isn't trying to solve the code, he's trying to move characters around and rotate them so it's more difficult for everyone else to solve it.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I thought that was pretty obvious. Tsumuri even calls him out on it
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

So the new world is just a continuation of the old one with the winner's wish added to it. In Keiwa and Neon's families point of view, those two just suddenly stop caring about world peace or stop running from home one day.

Gramps was the MVP here, doing his best from his resolution to tanking Jamato's attack which even PunkJack was having trouble. I'm rooting for the Gramps to win this round. Buffa really did him dirty in exchanging Ninja for Zombie, then took Ninja as well and leaving him with the crappy propeller.

Judging from the preview, it seems the Fever Buckle can mimic other buckles depending on the pull. I'm guessing Geats pulled the strongest slots of "Jackpot" because Boost Buckle gave him a boost and not because of his luck. It made Boost into a full-body armor with access to all 4 exhaust pipes instead of only half.

LAMO at Boost's continued dislike of Keiwa.

My conspiracy theory: Tanuki Soba is the key to world peace, which is why Keiwa lost his love to it along with his ideals for world peace.
decade368990
Train man
Favorite series: Kuuga
2nd Favorite Series: W
Dreamy: Osaki Ichika and Kudo Mio
Quote: Grow a spine, J.A.R.V.I.S. I got a date. -- Tony Stark

Post by decade368990 »

takenoko wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 5:50 pm
Lots of filming locations can be found here: https://tokusatsunetwork.com/2019/11/to ... locations/

The Lockheart Castle previously used before Geats:
Kabuto (Mansion of Tsurugi / Sasword ).
Zi-O Eps 41-43.
Final episode of Ryusoulger.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

> I'm rooting for the Gramps to win this round. Buffa really did him dirty in exchanging Ninja for Zombie, then took Ninja as well and leaving him with the crappy propeller.

Wow, that's a good point. But also, are we all rooting for him because that'll make a bigger impact when they reveal he's the true gamemaster, or something???
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

Okay, it's clear now that Keiwa will regain his memory and become a Kamen Rider again. What I want to know is will Keiwa's sister Sara also join the DGP and if she wins will the world be a world where Keiwa is the luckiest guy on earth?

Will Tusmuri become Kamen Rider Usagi in this DGP? Since the Jamato are reusing their belts will the only way to beat them be for Tsumuri and Keiwa to steal the belts and henshin?

Is the reason that the riders cannot escape the mansion by blowing a hole in the exterior wall, that this would piss off the location owners?

I only saw the first 15 episodes of KR Gaim (it was obvious that it was going to be angst-athon) but Geats seems like a carbon copy of Gaim.
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

takenoko wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 5:50 pm It's like the Triforce of things to make a good toku series
It's funny that you make that reference. The map reminded me of a Zelda dungeon. There are puzzles, enemies that you can either fight or avoid, and special items that you need to beat some of the enemies.

Seeing Tsumuri making vlogs like Keiwa was a fun surprise.

Geats is such a pleasure to watch. The quality of the writing just keeps exceeding my expectations. We get answers to questions that came up during the previous episode as the story unfolds in an organic way. You feel rewarded for watching the show and paying attention week after week.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Geats continues to impress me. It hasn't been a 10/10 show for every second of every episode, but at 11 episodes in I've never not come away from an episode without being entertained.

Though I cannot decide of the Jamato Riders idea is interesting or cynical. Since the good guys aren't actually fighting each other all that much, and since Toei seems to demand rider vs. rider fights these days, I suppose I can't be surprised. Plus the series has needed a higher level antagonist for the Riders to fight, since they never struggle too much against the rank and file Jamoto.

They had best not kill the old man, though! I'm not sure how much my heart can take if this show makes a habit of killing a cool old dude every couple of months.

And while it has all the subtlety of a sledgehammer, I appreciate that while the game master is clearly a conniving bastard, Tsumuri appears to be honest in trying to do her job.
takenoko wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 5:50 pm LOl, why did Neon's dad have to say that line in such a menacing way
Well if you cast Time Fire's actor for something, he's probably not going to be filling the role of a goody two-shoes. Though I suspect he's also not as menacing as that scene implies.
Did Geats just get a muffler? Pretty nice parallel with the victims all having chokers
Hmm. I'm not sure I'd go that far - or at least, I'm not convinced the writers thought ahead that far. I think that's just a Kamen Rider thing, since the early riders often had mufflers.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

>They had best not kill the old man, though! I'm not sure how much my heart can take if this show makes a habit of killing a cool old dude every couple of months.

He's clearly not a jigsaw hiding in plain sight as he oversees the game from the inside

>And while it has all the subtlety of a sledgehammer, I appreciate that while the game master is clearly a conniving bastard, Tsumuri appears to be honest in trying to do her job.

I don't think anyone is surprised that the "mysterious Jamato" are all a part of the Gamemaster's master plan and the staff are running all the games. So why put up this farce of saving the world when the staff are in control of the threat? (Literally growing them on trees like bananas)
takenoko wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 5:50 pm LOl, why did Neon's dad have to say that line in such a menacing way
Well if you cast Time Fire's actor for something, he's probably not going to be filling the role of a goody two-shoes. Though I suspect he's also not as menacing as that scene implies.

Oh no, Neon's dad totally knows what's up. He's probably the real big bad in the series and Gamemaster's boss
Hmm. I'm not sure I'd go that far - or at least, I'm not convinced the writers thought ahead that far. I think that's just a Kamen Rider thing, since the early riders often had mufflers.
[/quote]

Hmmm, just call it a happy coincidence then
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

It wouldn't surprise me if Neon's dad previously won a DGP at some point and use his wish to create his empire.
msf232
Faiz
Dreamy: 민지여신
Favorite Band: Dreamcatcher
My boom: Nothing definite, changes from time to time
Type: ISTP Crafter

Post by msf232 »

When Tsumuri got the Riders in the game for the first time in the episode (when they suddenly "spawned" in mid-air), I totally thought that it was intentional by Tsumuri and that she would keep floating in mid-air while the others fall down
Finished:
Dairanger, Shinkenger, Kyoryuger–キングオージャー
Kuuga–Geats
Nexus, R/B
Ryukendo, Rescue Force
スパイダーマン
CH THE LIVE
Akibaranger, Akiba S痛
Wakusaver S2, Jyuukaizar
CPH GandD

Return to “Kamen Rider Geats”