Rest in Peace Jason David Frank (1973-2022)

It's more than just Kamen Rider and Sentai
Sonicguy001
Go Go!
Quote: I'm a Kamen Rider

Rest in Peace Jason David Frank (1973-2022)

Post by Sonicguy001 »

I don't know if everyone here has heard the news, but it's true.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: Rest in Peace Jason David Frank (1973-2022)

Post by takenoko »

<Basara> https://twitter.com/PwrRngr/status/1594 ... LsY8CVeqyw

It's very sad. The green ranger arc was my favorite from power rangers
Hoshinger
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Maskman
Dreamy: Luka Milfy

Post by Hoshinger »

After watching many Super Sentai shows, I didn't like Tommy as much. Power Rangers always put him ahead of everyone else despite his time as the Green Ranger being limited, albeit due to archive footage. Many episodes of the first season of Power Rangers didn't mention Tommy or give him much screen time to explain his absence at a time when people didn't know that Power Rangers was an adaptation. It's like he didn't hear anything on the radio or watch the news to see the rest of the team in trouble. Even worse was that because Tommy was given a bigger role, it led to the loss of Jason, Zack and Trini being able to take the lead.

While Jason David Frank made history with his roles throughout Power Rangers, fansubs are so much better because we got more characters with a fresh Sentai.
TheDarkApprentice
Complacent masses
Complacent masses

Post by TheDarkApprentice »

Oh man... This is heartbreaking. He was always my favourite ranger right from the start. I remember when I saw his costume for the first time. I was like: "Wow, it's so cool!" I mean who wasn't amazed when the green ranger first showed up with his dragon helmet and his golden shield and armbands. I was so sad to read the news of his passing. He is the main reason why my favourite color is green. Rest in power JDF. Thank you for everything. May the power protect you always!
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

I thought he was the coolest dude ever back in kindergarten. I even made my mother make me a white power ranger costume for Halloween one year. It's too soon to say goodbye.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

By suicide, no less. That really, really sucks. The guy had 4 kids who are now without a father in their life.:(
takenoko wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 6:59 pm The green ranger arc was my favorite from power rangers
That really was the seminal arc of the series, launching it into the stratosphere.

Going back and watching it now, it's a bit painful how drawn out it is. But at the time PR was airing 5 days a week, so they leveraged that airing schedule incredibly well by making that critical arc fill out the week.
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

As a tiny kid when MMPR originally aired I don't remember anything happened in the show, but I remembered thinking Green Ranger and the Dragonzord was super cool. The only thing I still remembered vividly to this day was how he played the music notes on the Dragon Dagger.

He was a legend and a hero to many. I hope he knows that his work has touched and inspired kids from across generations.

RIP

A message from Shiro Izumi, Burai / DragonRanger of the Zyuranger, for Jason David Frank and Global Fans:
https://twitter.com/S9TV3sBODHN3cDT/status/1594677837835169792?cxt=HHwWgMDT9ezCt6EsAAAA
maryadavies
Go Go!
Alignment: Lawful Good

Jason David Frank is dead..possibly of suicide. >.<

Post by maryadavies »

Mind, I admit I am more into sentai and kamen rider than Power Rangers but..this is a very sad thing to happen.
Jason David Frank dies, the former Green Power Ranger.

The cause of death hasn't been released yet but the rumor has it that it was suicide >< From what I've read about him, this was a really cool guy and really good to the fans. And as a psych major I will say this; If you're thinking about suicide, GET HELP. Call 988 if you live in the US, look up psychologists in your area, whatever it takes. And if the rumors are true..that's even more shocking to me. ><

Rest in Power, JDF.
My Backloggery
Never forget where you've been...
Ghost23
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Ghost23 »

This was shocking, the guy was only a year older then me.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Had to delete a post. Regardless of his status as a celebrity, please be respectful when posting since we are talking about a dead fellow human being. Think: "Is this the time and place for airing this particular opinion" before posting, especially when the subject is as sensitive as this one. Thank you
WannaFantaMan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Legends of Tomorrow
2nd Favorite Series: Boku no Hero Academia
Dreamy: I have too many to list xD
Favorite Actor?: Kevin Conroy
Favorite Band: Hanson
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Fallout 4 and Elden Ring
Quote: AH, BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH!!! My mortal enemy!
Type: ESFJ Provider

Re: Jason David Frank is dead..possibly of suicide. >.<

Post by WannaFantaMan »

maryadavies wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 8:15 am Mind, I admit I am more into sentai and kamen rider than Power Rangers but..this is a very sad thing to happen.
Jason David Frank dies, the former Green Power Ranger.

The cause of death hasn't been released yet but the rumor has it that it was suicide >< From what I've read about him, this was a really cool guy and really good to the fans. And as a psych major I will say this; If you're thinking about suicide, GET HELP. Call 988 if you live in the US, look up psychologists in your area, whatever it takes. And if the rumors are true..that's even more shocking to me. ><

Rest in Power, JDF.
They already confirmed that it was death via suicide a few days ago. Here's a TMZ article with some info about what supposedly happened leading up to his death: https://www.tmz.com/2022/11/22/power-ra ... -argument/. Still can't believe we lost probably the greatest Power Ranger ever AND BATMAN (A.K.A. Kevin Conroy) IN LESS THAN TWO WEEKS!!!!!!!!!! WHAT THE F*CK IS HAPPENING TO OUR WORLD THAT THIS BULL$H!T HAS TO GO DOWN!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

I dunno if I'd trust any TMZ article, they tend to be sensationalized for clicks
maryadavies
Go Go!

Post by maryadavies »

Exactly. TMZ strikes me as a tabloid so not sure yet. But to be sure, I'd say if you are considering suicide, get help, dangit.

I hope his family is okay for I think "Death hurts those you leave behind" is abpt. May they be okay, I pray.
My Backloggery
maryadavies
Go Go!

Post by maryadavies »

Okay. The cause of death has been confirmed. I know this is the Today Show but if it's on national news..

Sorry for the repeat myself business but if you are thinking about suicide, GET HELP! Don't do the deed.
My Backloggery
Disney2123
Favorite series: One Piece
2nd Favorite Series: Euphoria
Dreamy: Megumin
Favorite Actor?: Ellar Coltrane and Hugh Jackman
Favorite Band: Hanson
My boom: Otakus. Anime and Tokusatsu
Quote: Frankly, This looks cool.
Type: ESFP Performer
Instagram: jaden.torralba

Post by Disney2123 »

Dragonzord power, forever. RIP Jason David Frank. I wish the DonBrothers pay tribute to you.

Return to “Other Heroes”