My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Geats 12 discussion thread

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Ratings for last week's episode: 4.57 of 5 stars (7 votes)

Way to get showed up by a kid, Keiwa

Oh so any core id works. There goes my theory. Also, hey Keiwa, want to touch my belt?

lol gigori isn't even wearing his mask

Wait, how did Keiwa get boost again so fast?

Hey Geats is good with the kid

Kids, do you like gambling?

Pretty fun way of making so everyone gets double of their base forms

Wonder if they'll introduce something like a mirror buckle and remove the randomness

Hey Geats, if it's that easy to remove other people's buckles, just take the Jamato Buckle

Geats heavy arms

Weird, did they green screen Geats walking toward the gate?

Is this the first time they translated the in-show language as part of the story?

Nago, what are you doing solving the code? Go fight

As usual my predictions were wrong. The memories aren't in their specific Core IDs, any ID will work on a past Rider. And the old man was pretty on the level after all

Next week is episode 13. We're approaching the end of the first quarter. Anyone expecting any big twists? Any big Christmas drama turns?

Commercials

Commercial for Tycoon's Core ID coming out

Tsumuri participating in the Ganbarizing commercial

I thought the commercial with the guy from the world of Pokemon was funny. But kids, remember, don't go with anyone who tells you that they're from the world of Pokemon and asks you to go with them. Also, did you know that the Youngster in Pokemon is called Shorts Kid in Japanese?

No Red Kitsune/Green Tanuki commercial this week. Sad

Edit:
Tried to see if there was a translation for JAMATO in the language. But the only thing I saw on the page Geats had was that to stands for ta. Wonder what the word Jamato means in Japanese
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Re: KR Geats 12 discussion thread

Post by HowlingSnail »

takenoko wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:29 pm Weird, did they green screen Geats walking toward the gate?
Yes, presumably because the gate and the manor aren't actually in the same place.

I really appreciate the amount of form changing we're getting. This is what Gaim should have been.

Was kind of hoping Keiwa would inherit owl dude's wish. Like, he wins the contest and gets turned into a baby because he wished to be younger.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
Actar
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider 555
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Hanasaki Tsubomi
My boom: Stuff
Quote: Love what do do, do what you love.

Post by Actar »

Kinda confused about how the Fever Raise Buckle works, but from what I understand, "Golden Fever" is when they match the top and bottom armors. It doesn't necessarily need to be from the "???", as it can randomly generate any of the smaller Raise Buckles, but if it announces "Jackpot," it will double up the currently equipped bottom armor. And that seems to be the only way to get Fever Boost because Boost is not available in any of the other slots.
Video Reviewer of Anime Figures, Mecha and Merchandise. ( ̄‿‿ ̄)
- Channel - Blog
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

my understanding of the fever buckle between evidence in the show and the toy:

in the toy the ??? only seem to count as "jackpot" regardless of what else you have with it, if anything, but in the show it gives an Armed buckle at random unless paired with Boost. it can also give any of the 5 main riders' forms at random, but if you manage to match, it triggers "Fever" before the form name.

other fun thing of note: having a matching full body form for golden fever/jackpot gives a golden version with a star of whatever the rider's unique costume bit is, so Geats gets a gold scarf, Buffa gets a gold version of his hip cape thing, Tycoon gets a gold leg band, Punk Jack's cape turns gold, and Na-go gets.... what does she get, actually?

also, those unique bits are apparently stat affecting? because I saw somewhere that Tycoon's leg band gives him increased luck, which is why he kept getting Boost so often in the last game.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral

Post by takenoko »

Connie_Edogawa wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 10:05 am other fun thing of note: having a matching full body form for golden fever/jackpot gives a golden version with a star of whatever the rider's unique costume bit is, so Geats gets a gold scarf, Buffa gets a gold version of his hip cape thing, Tycoon gets a gold leg band, Punk Jack's cape turns gold, and Na-go gets.... what does she get, actually?
Oh wow, I didn't even notice that. During the henshin you can see the gold star appear. Like you said Tycoon gets a leg band (was that supposed to be special?) and Nago appeared to get chains on her arms that become armlets? How Andromeda of her

>also, those unique bits are apparently stat affecting? because I saw somewhere that Tycoon's leg band gives him increased luck, which is why he kept getting Boost so often in the last game.

Oh weird. This is the first time that I even noticed they had unique Entry Forms. Yeah, you can totally see it in the opening. Tycoon has his leg band. Nago has her wrist chains (interseting that the fever version is a different shape and different place to fit the rest of Beat's armor pieces), Buffa has the cloth coming off his belt, etc. And if you're a nobody Rider you get nothing. Wa wa lol
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

yeah, I probably wouldn't have noticed Tycoon or Nago's bits on my own, but Geats, Buffa, and Punk Jack's are fairly obvious given their size, so I thought it was neat. only noticed the leg band for Tycoon because the figures for the toyline function with the top armor and bottom armor being separate pieces you can mix and match, with separate helmet pieces per rider, just like in the show, but they include the stuff like Geats' scarf or Tycoon's leg band as pieces you can take off so you can put them on the appropriate armor and not have to buy specialized pieces per character, like "boost, tycoon version" or something.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Huh. I'm going to have to follow where these bits go when they do the flippy thing that they do
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

The green tanuki was back, being orchestrated by Ace outwitting the Gamemaster no less. Their combo fight was so satisfying, and Neon was smiling so hard when Keiwa jumped in front of her transformed.

Geats' speech was epic. The riders landing on Fever's roulette while riding on that speech was so well done. Although PunkJack being the Gamemaster's pawn was exactly opposite to what Geats' was saying, and him getting the same treatment for the roulette was kind of anti-climatic. Maybe deep down he did had a wish he wanted just like the others, and wasn't there just because of Gamemaster's orders.

Wow, they put blood stains on the code sheets.

Here's are the accessories buffs listed for the main riders on the official site. Geats' accessory was not listed for some reason.
Tycoon's bandage
https://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/geats/rider/ ... stand.html
Item 04: Increasing the luck of the player. (プレイヤーの運気を上げる効果を持つ)

Buffa's muleta
Item 04: Increase the player's fighting spirit and increase the winning rate in battle. (プレイヤーの闘争心を高めて戦闘での勝率を上げる機能を備えている)

Nago's bangle
Item 08: Increases the striking power of punches and kicks. (パンチやキックなどの打撃力を上昇させる機能を備えている)
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Ooh, that's cool. I guess Geat's muffler is just for swag purposes lol. Thanks for the translation!
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

i have to wondewr if in the planning stages they were like, "cut the suits in half, then have them use halves of suits. then we can mix and match shirts and pants."

i was glad Wycoon went for the Shinobi buckle, but 1 thing that kind bothers me is shouldnt monster belong to Ace since he hatched it? or are we assuming too much?

kind of ... interesting that people's ID buckles were found just hanging out. or was the an ID buckle? in either case, it came off as an after thought like they threw it in because nothing came of it.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Call this undiagnosed OCD, but I was really fascinated by the yellow of Nago's clothing poking out of her player-issued coat. I was wondering if you saw green under Keiwa's coat, but he often either just isn't wearing his jacket or it's buttoned up all the way

As the most closed off players, you sometimes see red poking out of Ace's coat or purple from Buffa's, but then sometimes you see Buffa just has his jacket unzipped and you can see the purple shirt underneath. It makes sense, as the player with the most secrets, Ace is the most closed off and thus symbolically his jacket is almost always closed up when he's wearing it

...at least that's what I can tell by looking at the TV-Asahi screenshots

Edit:
Yaiba wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:42 am Here's are the accessories buffs listed for the main riders on the official site. Geats' accessory was not listed for some reason.
Tycoon's bandage
Item 04: Increasing the luck of the player. (プレイヤーの運気を上げる効果を持つ)

Buffa's muleta
Item 04: Increase the player's fighting spirit and increase the winning rate in battle. (プレイヤーの闘争心を高めて戦闘での勝率を上げる機能を備えている)

Nago's bangle
Item 08: Increases the striking power of punches and kicks. (パンチやキックなどの打撃力を上昇させる機能を備えている)
My memory is terrible, so I was trying to remember if Geats always had the muffler, and somehow I convinced myself that he did (apparently he didn't before Fever form). But yeah, only he and the nameless Riders who die don't have a bonus item the way the other main Riders do. Which makes you wonder what makes these guys so special. Also funny that Keiwa only is lucky when he's a Rider, as a civilian he can't even with the raffle

I had to look up a muleta, it's the piece of cloth that bull fighter's use to lure the bull, so that's thematically fitting

Also Punk Jack's mantle gives him the ability to jump higher
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

No, Geats has an item. it's the little white flappy thing on his back with the red tip. it evokes the feel of a scarf/muffler, hence why his fever form gives him a full one, but he has it even in Entry form. I went back to episode 2 to check and make sure, and he's got it even when he's using Armed Water, and Da-Pan doesn't get it when using Magnum, so it's not a Magnum specific accessory.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Connie_Edogawa wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:29 am No, Geats has an item. it's the little white flappy thing on his back with the red tip. it evokes the feel of a scarf/muffler, hence why his fever form gives him a full one, but he has it even in Entry form. I went back to episode 2 to check and make sure, and he's got it even when he's using Armed Water, and Da-Pan doesn't get it when using Magnum, so it's not a Magnum specific accessory.
Ack, thanks for the correction. I guess I should have checked a video instead of looking at the stills. I wonder why they didn't have it mentioned on the Asahi website then? Maybe because it was behind, t he website designer forgot?

Anyway, looking at the Fever version, it's called Fever Cross Tail, and the description appears to be the same across all the Fever upgraded items. So I guess the base form would be Geat's Tail?
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

So, the scooby gang is coalescing?

So, gramps already had his wish removed before he retired?
HowlingSnail wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 5:53 am
Was kind of hoping Keiwa would inherit owl dude's wish. Like, he wins the contest and gets turned into a baby because he wished to be younger.
Or, even funnier, Keiwa gets gramps' wish and it was "I want to be 20 (or whatever Keiwa's age is) again". So Keiwa is completely unaffected by the wish.

If they keep having the DGP will Geats have to go around and gather up his scooby gang who have forgotten all about game each time?

I wonder if Geats will let Keiwa win so the fallen riders will revive, but also give up on being in the staff of the family and go back to being a normal guy? (But, Geats and Keiwa have a secret deal where Keiwa will let Geats win the next DGP so Geats can recover his sunken value.)
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Another enjoyable episode. They made especially good use of the gardens for their fight scenes; in fact I'm a bit surprised they were allowed to be that rough in such a fancy location. :shock:
resop2 wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:30 pm So, gramps already had his wish removed before he retired?
It's a convenient enough way to do an end-run around the rules. Gramps won't become a shell of himself having his wish stripped from his personality, since he outgrew the need for it.

Return to “Kamen Rider Geats”